The King of Hate Forums
ParksandRec

Mortal kombat X hype!

​Oh okay, thank you for explaining that. It does make some sense. Would this apply with all of the Mileena matches? Seems like that's when he uses "lag pattern".

Slick

It's just DSP being DSP, spouting off about things he doesn't really understand at all or he's just such a sore loser that every Mileena player that is doing her usual kombos is being a 'lag pattern', despite the fact if you get hit by her Forward X, you deserve it.

• Upvote 3

Phil has been complaining about lag. I don't think he realizes that streaming at such a high bitrate and with chat on causes the lag, not the game or netcode that causes it. He uses too much bandwidth. I saw a screen cap of Phil connection and it was horrendous. Now we know why Twitch asked him to lower the bitrate.

Phil has been complaining about lag. I don't think he realizes that streaming at such a high bitrate and with chat on causes the lag, not the game or netcode that causes it. He uses too much bandwidth. I saw a screen cap of Phil connection and it was horrendous. Now we know why Twitch asked him to lower the bitrate.

​This is what ive told him before but he always wants to blame the game. I think he should lower it and see if it improves anything or try another online game and see if he gets the same lag.

I think Phil won't believe that he could have a bad connection because he pays so much for "business quality" internet. So in his mind nothing could cause him to have a bad connection,  he has the best internet possible for him to have. Though streaming at1080p/60fps, using an irc client, and watching the stream all at the same time likely does take a chunk from his bandwidth he'll never believe it's enough for him to have a bad connection. 

I think Phil won't believe that he could have a bad connection because he pays so much for "business quality" internet. So in his mind nothing could cause him to have a bad connection,  he has the best internet possible for him to have. Though streaming at1080p/60fps, using an irc client, and watching the stream all at the same time likely does take a chunk from his bandwidth he'll never believe it's enough for him to have a bad connection. 

​The IRC client and watching the stream are on my laptop, which is connected to my other cable modem wirelessly downstairs. It doesn't affect anything, and this has been public knowledge since I moved last year.

The streaming of the gameplay plus playing online on the same modem (which isn't possible to split, because you don't want to do either wirelessly) I'm sure do have an effect to some extent, but as I've said, per my testing the connection is incredibly fast and should be handling it. YES there are blips here and there (we've seen it in other games etc.) but overall I'm able to play games online EXCEPT for fighters, MKX included, without much lag.

I asked about getting 2 modems in the office and was told it wasn't possible as residential internet wouldn't allow 2 dedicated lines into the same wall etc. I'd have to basically pay tons of extra money to have it done and there's no guarantee it would work. They couldn't even put the phone in the office because the signal was going way too weak between the modem and that at the same time - so paying hundreds or more on a gamble wasn't worth it. For 99% of stuff I do the internet is great.

MKX lags. Deal with it, you will really have to stretch to find anyone (yes, even PRO players who get 10x as many on their streams) who will publicly say it doesn't. It's common knowledge, they just don't admit it during streams because they "put on a show" for their viewers. Unlike me. I don't care if people are fickle and want all positivity, hype and lies. MKX is a good game, but it's not well balanced, isn't the best game ever, and has awful netplay. PERIOD.

• Upvote 1

MKX lags. Deal with it

Yeah. Deal with it, then. Adapt. Try and work around it. That's what folks have been trying to tell you for quite a while now. It sucks that Netherrealm's yet to completely fix the online issues, thus making it really hard to ignore and ruining a fair share of matches, but complaining about it at every instance isn't going to fix it. Sadly, that's just the current state of the environment--it's laggy. You don't walk into a burning building and blame it for setting you on fire.

• Upvote 3

Phil, might I suggest you lower your bitrate just to test if it's your internet or the net code that's the problem next time. I don't know why you're so insistent in making your videos 60fps when you detest people who do that kind of stuff (shiny and high production videos).

And I don't know who you watch that deny that there's lag in their streams. I watch guys like Justin Wong and Maximilian Dood on Twitch and they do NOT deny that there is lag. But they are not bothered and whine about slight lag like you do, they adapt to it. They only bothered by lag when it makes their matches slow as shit, but they just brush it off when the match is over and don't point fingers at anyone; not the players, not the netcode, it just happens.

• Upvote 1

Yes i agree, i think if phil lowers his bitrate it may actually help his MP experience with Mortal Kombat X. 8000kb/s is a ridiculous bitrate to be streaming at anyway. Remember, people don't watch streams for the quality they watch to chat in the stream chat and have fun watching a decent fun stream with or without commentary. 

Yeah. Deal with it, then. Adapt. Try and work around it. That's what folks have been trying to tell you for quite a while now. It sucks that Netherrealm's yet to completely fix the online issues, thus making it really hard to ignore and ruining a fair share of matches, but complaining about it at every instance isn't going to fix it. Sadly, that's just the current state of the environment--it's laggy. You don't walk into a burning building and blame it for setting you on fire.

​This 1000%. 

"Deal with it. Adapt. Work around it."

I.E. "play the game a way it's not intended to be played to get cheap wins" - which is just another way of saying, use lag patterns to win online.

Nope. I'd rather share actual knowledgeable stuff with my viewing audience. And I won't NOT call it out and complain about it because some viewers are whiny babies who want "the Mr. Positivity stream" and faked "hyped/positive" commentary. I'm not here to kiss the game's ass because all I do is play fighting games (like the other BIG FGC GUYS you're referencing) and say that it's way better than it actually is, so that people will continue to tune in and I'll make money. Which is the only reason they don't do it; who would tune in if they fessed up and admitted that the netcode is shit, the gameplay doesn't mean anything and it's a general waste of time?

Yeah. Wake up. I'm very happy to be more diversified than those guys and be able to be TRUTHFUL about my online gameplay experiences with fighters.

• Upvote 1

Nope. I'd rather share actual knowledgeable stuff with my viewing audience. And I won't NOT call it out and complain about it because some viewers are whiny babies who want "the Mr. Positivity stream" and faked "hyped/positive" commentary. I'm not here to kiss the game's ass because all I do is play fighting games (like the other BIG FGC GUYS you're referencing) and say that it's way better than it actually is, so that people will continue to tune in and I'll make money. Which is the only reason they don't do it; who would tune in if they fessed up and admitted that the netcode is shit, the gameplay doesn't mean anything and it's a general waste of time?

​First of all, don't talk to your fans like that; it's why you lose viewers. Second, I thought you were the guy that spouts "Let's be positive, everybody!" and now you're "I'm real, not positive." Third, again what makes you think they don't admit lag. It's clear you don't watch other peoples streams. They know when a connection is bad, it's bad. And it's not called fake positivity, it's called sportsmanship.

One more thing Phil, stop generalizing people (i.e. I'm not like other YTers or FGC guys). You think that everyone is the same except you

• Upvote 5

I'm very happy to be more diversified than those guys and be able to be TRUTHFUL about my online gameplay experiences with fighters.

You say that as if everyone else is outright lying about their online experiences. How you'd even come to a conclusion like that is beyond me, given you don't watch other people's content and all. Maybe some people just have better connections--it could vary from one person to another. I think I'd rather have the hyped/positive approach--"fake" or not--in the face of sub-par online gameplay, rather than a stream of continued complaints.

If you can "overcome" negativity, I think you can overcome something as insignificant as lag.

• Upvote 1

I.E. "play the game a way it's not intended to be played to get cheap wins" - which is just another way of saying, use lag patterns to win online.

Yeah. Wake up. I'm very happy to be more diversified than those guys and be able to be TRUTHFUL about my online gameplay experiences with fighters.

What happened to "be more open minded, there's no right or wrong way to play"? Also, Phil, tthere's a difference between lying about their experience and just not incessantly complaining about lag the entire time they're playing. The reason these other people don't complain about the lag is because 1.they know no one wants to hear that and 2.it doesn't solve anything. We don't want fake hype and positivity,  we're just tired of the complaining. There's lag, we get it. We got it after the first online match,  we still get it after the 200th online match. You don't need to keep saying it. 

• Upvote 4

​Sorry phil but this post proves that you don't really watch anyone else's content, especially fighting game content, because this couldn't be farther from the truth. They do admit and talk about the lag BUT you seem to do it all the time on every video which is too MUCH. The other youtubers and streamers say it once of twice per stream or videos or whatever and move on. AS a COMMENTATOR you're trying to make the videos enjoyable and entertaining TO WATCH not complaining about something people already know. That is a known, 100%, way to kill the entertainment value of your videos. 

And while I do enjoy watching some of your videos your MK Online videos, unfortunately, barely has much entertainment because of the complaining. 
And no, i wouldn't say adapt and work around it means to lag patterns to win. :|

• Upvote 1

​First of all, don't talk to your fans like that; it's why you lose viewers. Second, I thought you were the guy that spouts "Let's be positive, everybody!" and now you're "I'm real, not positive." Third, again what makes you think they don't admit lag. It's clear you don't watch other peoples streams. They know when a connection is bad, it's bad. And it's not called fake positivity, it's called sportsmanship.

One more thing Phil, stop generalizing people (i.e. I'm not like other YTers or FGC guys). You think that everyone is the same except you

​Sorry phil but this post proves that you don't really watch anyone else's content, especially fighting game content, because this couldn't be farther from the truth. They do admit and talk about the lag BUT you seem to do it all the time on every video which is too MUCH. The other youtubers and streamers say it once of twice per stream or videos or whatever and move on. AS a COMMENTATOR you're trying to make the videos enjoyable and entertaining TO WATCH not complaining about something people already know. That is a known, 100%, way to kill the entertainment value of your videos. 
And while I do enjoy watching some of your videos your MK Online videos, unfortunately, barely has much entertainment because of the complaining. 
And no, i wouldn't say adapt and work around it means to lag patterns to win. :|

​Seems like everyone covered it. 

Compaining isn't a very attractive quality in these vids. Especially when we are aware that Lag is there. But you only complain about it when things go wrong. We know there's lag. We don't need to be reminded every 7 seconds when something doesn't go your way..

PHil is there something up with you? You were very bitchy on stream today and last two or so days. I like when you rage at games, but please just cut back on the complaining. It's terrible to listen to. its laggy WE GET IT now shut up about it. You've only told us 4 million times. 

Maybe the reactions are in direct response to what I'm playing? 

Evil Within DLC: doesn't even work, then it's terrible anyway.

Splatoon: constant issues with matchmaking and disconnects (somewhat fixed w/ the ethernet adapter but certainly not completely).

MKX: Lags, as usual. Nearly impossible to learn a new character when people spam lag patterns.

Anyway, getting back on topic: Tanya is great IMO. Lots of mobility/tricks w/high/low game and apparently some big combos with her teleport too (which I didn't even get to mess with much). A very interesting character who's MUCH better than Jason overall from what I can tell. But nobody knows who she is, lol.

This Sunday I'm doing an MKX Multiplayer session of Viewers vs. Me. I'll be playing Tanya a lot as well as my usual faves (Kung Jin/Kitana/Reptile/Goro etc.) and then I'll probably give the game a good rest until I crave fighters or the next DLC character is released. At this point I'll be juggling Witcher 3, Yakuza 4, Lego Jurassic World along with the DSP Classics montages, and Batman later in the month. I'll probably be too busy to be going back to the game anyway, unless as I said, I get a craving.

Okay, after today's MKX session I can definitively state that I'm done with MKX until the next DLC, and even then I'll probably only be playing it 1-2 times per DLC fighter. I can't take it anymore, the netcode is just too bad for me to try to actually play this game with any kind of legitimacy. Today's stream officially crushed any positivity/hope I had for a good match, and that's saying something. I actually just stopped doing commentary for the most part about halfway through the stream because I had nothing to add. Everything that was going on was so incredibly delayed that nothing had any actual bearing on real gameplay of the game.

I'll be uploading today's matched to DSPgaming over the course of this week. Sorry to those who love this game and wanted to see me keep playing it but I cannot continue to waste my time and frustrate the hell out of myself. I think that focusing on other games is the way to go at this point; plus most people have moved on as the game is now 2 months old.

Okay, after today's MKX session I can definitively state that I'm done with MKX until the next DLC, and even then I'll probably only be playing it 1-2 times per DLC fighter. I can't take it anymore, the netcode is just too bad for me to try to actually play this game with any kind of legitimacy. Today's stream officially crushed any positivity/hope I had for a good match, and that's saying something. I actually just stopped doing commentary for the most part about halfway through the stream because I had nothing to add. Everything that was going on was so incredibly delayed that nothing had any actual bearing on real gameplay of the game.

I'll be uploading today's matched to DSPgaming over the course of this week. Sorry to those who love this game and wanted to see me keep playing it but I cannot continue to waste my time and frustrate the hell out of myself. I think that focusing on other games is the way to go at this point; plus most people have moved on as the game is now 2 months old.

​I have a good suggestion: just try a couple of matches with these conditions:

- No live stream, no uploading to YouTube, no downloading in the background, don't let anything that requires bandwith. 

- Ethernet cable direcetly connected to your console

Try doing this and test and see if the matches are laggy or not

However, if the matches are not laggy, then there is strong evidence that you live streaming, uploading and doing various other things in the background that requires internet bandwith is not enough for you to be playing online at the same time. Seriously, just try this and you'll know for sure :) 

Edited by Pizza