The King of Hate Forums
ParksandRec

Mortal kombat X hype!

In the pre-stream, I think he mentioned again that he still has matches from earlier streams he hasn't uploaded yet 'cause he doesn't want to spam our sub boxes, which is understandable, but at the same time, I still think editing them down into montages would really help fix that problem. That way, you get everything in one nice, neat little package, and no one's sub box gets filled to the brim with a ton of three-minute matches. It's a win-win, I'd say.

Who is HiddenBoss? if he is a moderator ,  if so why he not voiced me for chat ? waited for 10 min for be voiced and chat and nothing . Today the lag was horrible and the matchmaking even worst .the netcode sucks . really don´t know how phil have patience for play online a game with all that problems . game is only good offline

Who is HiddenBoss? if he is a moderator ,  if so why he not voiced me for chat ? waited for 10 min for be voiced and chat and nothing . Today the lag was horrible and the matchmaking even worst .the netcode sucks . really don´t know how phil have patience for play online a game with all that problems . game is only good offline

Stop giving Phil excuses, he is a "former fighting game pro" he should of been able to adapt to the lag, like with that Liu Kang his combos were good. Plus the game hasn't been out long most online games have problems like this..

The "former fighting game pro" is irrelevant. Different game, different times, different setups. Being 4th at EVO once on a broken Street Fighter port does not make you an expert in every fighting game released since then. Also nice that while there is a bunch of new characters in MKX you prefer Sub-Zero, who is the only character that appeared in every Mortal Kombat game.

As for Sammy_Samosa's fan-service: it is an embarrassment. Getting a double perfect in a fighting game is as much an achievement as Al Bundy's four touchdowns in one highschool football game. Also nice copyright infringement by using music you clearly do not own, which also limits the views because certain countries automatically block videos with copyright-protected music. And by the way, strong move to disable comments. Just try harder and maybe one day people will realize there are actually good DSP fan videos inbetween all those TIHYDPs.

Today's stream was uncalled for, Phil. Insulting your fans in the chat just because they were, for once, having fun interacting with each other rather than praise you. I don't see why everyone comment should about you when you do the same thing: complain about lag and how your opponent is unfair.

You want no negativity, yet you do that to you fans? You tell them to leave and you wonder why you lose views.

• Upvote 1

Today's stream was uncalled for, Phil. Insulting your fans in the chat just because they were, for once, having fun interacting with each other rather than praise you. I don't see why everyone comment should about you when you do the same thing: complain about lag and how your opponent is unfair.

You want no negativity, yet you do that to you fans? You tell them to leave and you wonder why you lose views.

​Exactly what did he say? I missed the stream.

• Upvote 1

This. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpKik6-DtX4 I wish Phil wasn't so hostile towards his audience. 10 of his viewers had issues with his behavior at the time & he just lashes out of them for no reason without even apologizing. He even ended up hurting one of his fans. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CDQAHlQVAAA6Q1v.png:large This isn't how you treat your viewers or even customers when you're running a business.  They're most likely leave, stop supporting you, & call you out, which the chat did. His attitude & how he acts is why he gets the criticism & if he doesn't change himself as a person or at least gives himself some humility instead of being on his high horse all egotistic people are going to leave his side & have no pity at all. Of course Phil refuses to change and will most likely close this topic out of insecurity & refusal to change. In the end all we want to do is make Phil see the error of his ways & see him change for the better. 

Edited by Tron33

Yes it's your site & stream but as your customer base the only way to gain respect is to respect others. I've never seen him chat with anyone on a personal level. It could do him some good to get to know his fans/supporters. Making everything about you & being a dictator towards everyone doesn't fly in the real world which doesn't revolve around a single individual. & before anyone says I'm a "hater" It's not hate. I'm telling it like it is & only wish to help Phil out stating the truth of the situation if he decides to listen.

Edited by Tron33

I´m not defending anyone , but the last stream the lag was horrible . If phil rage so much about it better stop play . imo a game should only be realesed when is perfect , not with a terrible netcode that make almost impossible play the game . the pc version was almost fixed but the consoles not , that´s not right and i´m tired to see games at day 1 almost impossible to play like mk x . we not live in a perfect world , but i think things like that are easy to be fixed.and again who is hiddenboss? why he not voced me for chat ? 

Again, in competitive play, whether it's offline or online, things probably tend to get heated, but if you've got people in the stream chat calling you out on supposedly spamming moves over and over or whatever (and I'm pretty sure it was more than just "ten" people bringing it up) while complaining about your opponents doing the same, it's not the brightest idea to call them "fucking idiots" and "know-it-alls"--just a suggestion. And you arguing with fans/followers on Twitter after the stream sure didn't help. Why assume that the people criticizing you apparently know nothing about how online play works, or that they don't have as much experience as you? For all you know, they probably do--maybe even more.

Sorry, but just because DSP played SF2 Turbo years and years ago and hasn't played competitive since does not give him the know how on MKX especially since he hasn't even touched competitive Mortal Kombat. Saying Liu Kang sucks, sorry but it's pretty much unanimous that he's very good, especially with fast combos, great versatility due to his fast high and low fireballs and can rack up an easy amount of damage if you go for his Flame Fist variation. Liu Kang is extremely solid. But that's hardly the point.

Thing is, with a laggy environment, you adapt. Yeah I find it tough to do Kano combos, but I can reliably do my standard 35% bread and butter with ease and I don't bitch about it every single second. I'm sorry, but this sort of shit is why your 'detractors' get so much ammunition. If you get like this again just... just leave. Just get a glass of water and just don't mention it again, I mean christ, the attitude was so unprofessional. (Although I'd love to have seen KG's face when he mocked bronies ha ha ha!)

Edited by EndOfTheLine
  • Upvote 1

I just don't think Phil sees the people in the stream chat as actual people, but merely just opinionated text.

I seriously doubt that if a few people sat next to him and someone said "Liu Kang is actually pretty good" that his response would be "No he isn't you fucking idiot, I know fighting games". It's just such an abnormal and strangely antagonistic way of communicating with people that in a normal social setting, it just wouldn't fly and you'd be called an asshole for speaking like that. I think it's a problem many of us face when dealing with people online; we often forget that there's an actual person behind every word written. That being said, the way Phil deals with this (and has dealt with it through the years) has been my biggest issue with him and the reason why so many people hate him.

Call someone a "fucking idiot" for disagreeing with your viewpoint, and they're bound to dislike you.

• Upvote 1

Stop giving Phil excuses, he is a "former fighting game pro" he should of been able to adapt to the lag, like with that Liu Kang his combos were good. Plus the game hasn't been out long most online games have problems like this..

​He was only a pro in Super Turbo. And that doesn't mean he is a pro in every single fighting game, especially one that just came out.

​He was only a pro in Super Turbo. And that doesn't mean he is a pro in every single fighting game, especially one that just came out.

​Actually it does since every fighting game has the same basics..like reading frame data, length of moves, what is safe on block and what is not and other things. Just cause Phil never played MKX doesn't mean anything. He played Super Turbo and should know the basics , yet all I hear from him is "My moves are not coming out..!" or "I was blocking!!" even blaming lag, yes it can be the reason he lost..instead of adapting to the lag he complains about it. Like that Liu Kang he had a good Bread and butter combo, to Phil tho it was "Corner spamming lag combos".

​Actually it does since every fighting game has the same basics..like reading frame data, length of moves, what is safe on block and what is not and other things. Just cause Phil never played MKX doesn't mean anything. He played Super Turbo and should know the basics , yet all I hear from him is "My moves are not coming out..!" or "I was blocking!!" even blaming lag, yes it can be the reason he lost..instead of adapting to the lag he complains about it. Like that Liu Kang he had a good Bread and butter combo, to Phil tho it was "Corner spamming lag combos".

​He's done this for 6 fucking years now, why are people STILL trying to change his behavior when it comes to fighting games? 6 years. He's not going to change. Do I like it? No, which is why I tend to stay away from his online fighting game content. Why waste your time trying to change a 33 year old dude from Seattle instead of just moving on to something you actually enjoy watching?

6 fucking years and people are still making the same arguments. 6 motherfucking years. SIX. FUCKING. YEARS. 

MY BRAIN CANNOT COMPREHEND THIS

SIX FUCKING YEARS

>>>>SIX<<<<

• Upvote 4

Why waste your time trying to change a 33 year old dude from Seattle instead of just moving on to something you actually enjoy watching?

​Maybe because there's a lot of fans who, you know, do enjoy watching Phil's content, and they feel it's necessary to give their honest thoughts and opinions in response to whenever he sometimes takes a turn for the worse. Whether their responses encourage a change or not doesn't always matter, but they should still respond when it's warranted.

​Maybe because there's a lot of fans who, you know, do enjoy watching Phil's content, and they feel it's necessary to give their honest thoughts and opinions in response to whenever he sometimes takes a turn for the worse. Whether their responses encourage a change or not doesn't always matter, but they should still respond when it's warranted.

​If the same complaints pop up every single time he plays a fighting game, I very much doubt those people enjoy watching that part of his content. 

Again, 6 years, same complaints, no change. I don't even disagree with most of the complaints, but complaining is futile; surely 6+ years of absolutely no change when it comes to fighting games shows that it's about as effective as hunting deer with a dildo.

• Upvote 4

This. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpKik6-DtX4 I wish Phil wasn't so hostile towards his audience. 10 of his viewers had issues with his behavior at the time & he just lashes out of them for no reason without even apologizing. He even ended up hurting one of his fans. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CDQAHlQVAAA6Q1v.png:large This isn't how you treat your viewers or even customers when you're running a business.  They're most likely leave, stop supporting you, & call you out, which the chat did. His attitude & how he acts is why he gets the criticism & if he doesn't change himself as a person or at least gives himself some humility instead of being on his high horse all egotistic people are going to leave his side & have no pity at all. Of course Phil refuses to change and will most likely close this topic out of insecurity & refusal to change. In the end all we want to do is make Phil see the error of his ways & see him change for the better. 

​Ugh I can't believe he actually told people that they were just "circle jerking each other", seriously not everyone is just going to praise Phil and only talk about him. If he did something bad then he deserves to be called out, this is like what the 6th or 7th time he's shitted on the chat? Eventually people are going to get tired of him and leave.

The chat was incredibly out of line with the ridiculous things they were saying, but I was out of line in responding. I should have just ignored it and I think from now on when I play fighters I will be overall ignoring the chat mostly.

• Upvote 2

No offense Phil but, you were out of line entirely.  The chat had concerns about your attitude & you attacked them. I'll hold you to your word of ignoring the stream chat for now. We're all watching. 

• Upvote 1

No offense Phil but, you were out of line entirely.  The chat had concerns about your attitude & you attacked them. I'll hold you to your word of ignoring the stream chat for now. We're all watching. 

No offense but, you only have 4 posts under your name because you've been repeatedly banned from here for talking shit/spreading nonsense. This is just another example of how you can't stay away from me despite your UNDYING need to complain every minute that what I do is wrong. In fact, I see THREE others agreeing with you above who are on duplicate accounts after already being banned. I guess you think I'm stupid or something? "We're all watching" is right, you're a bunch of stalkerish sickos who think you need to be a watchdog to my entire life. 

I have more funamentals knowledge of fighting games than 98% of my viewing audience. If I make a general assessment such as "that Liu Kang doesn't deserve 400 wins because he lacks basic knowledge of fighters and instead dials in a loop-pattern combo that only works in laggy environments," I shouldn't have to be attacked for 30 straight minutes by idiots (yes, idiots) who are 1. only there to heckle me and 2. insist I'm salty about the loss and not that I'm making legit assessments of the game. These people should be PERMANENTLY banned but they repeatedly come back just to be a thorn in my ass again and again, because they think it's funny. It's not.

ONE person was legitimately upset because he actually did main Liu Kang and I said he's a weak character in MKX. He IS, in an offline competitive environment which is what i was saying. But of course people twist shit into whatever they want.

However, I shouldn't have reacted to it at all on stream. That was my fault, and I let it stress me out.

But by all means, don't even DREAM of making threats. "We're all watching," is this serious? You're eventually going to learn how insignificant your ongoing negativity and stalkerish behavior actually is, and how you're wasting your damn lives with your agendas.

• Upvote 2

dude the person wasnt even trying to cause harm to you at all.He just said you were out of line,which you were.So was the stream chat sure,but all he or she was saying was you also attacked someone and that they will hold you to your word.But jsut because they don't have alot of post in their name,their point isnt valid? and you are assuming they are a dummy account.Let it go phil,you let your anger get to you way to much,just chill out ,decompress and stuff,don't just lash out on someone for stating something they felt,they are allowed to just as much as you are man.And also I don't think he or she thinks your stupid,so I wouldn't put words in their mouth,Thanks.

I wasn't making a threat. By "We're watching" I mean as viewers can tell if your being dishonest or lying. Now you're making an assumption that I'm a troll account when I'm a new user. What's your beef Phil? Plus if you don't want people to watch your entire life then stop posting  everything about your life online. It's on your vlog channel, twitter, instagram & prestreams. 

Edited by Tron33
  • Upvote 3