The King of Hate Forums

Patreon Perk Suggesions Thread

​KG is someone who gives me the impression of saying anything to please Phil. So, obviously a group allegedly dedicated to "trashing Phil" or something along those lines is his cue to hate them.

I have yet to see anyone in the group who's a bad apple ruining the charity for anyone.

​I haven't seen any bad apples either, unless he says someone like Fred Fuchs is a bad apple, which makes no sense since he created the charity in the first place.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's what I'd really like from the patreon campaign: transparency. You've been shaping the past to fit your narrative for the past few weeks and it's getting to be gross. Views did not decrease une

This topic is for discussing ideas for Phil's Patreon if he decides to create one, not for voicing your drama. Stay on topic please. :| Perhaps some of the higher tiers would involve a meet and greet

Dunno he doesn't have a Patreon yet, and both darksydephil and dspgaming have been registered as troll accounts. I kinda wish he would bring back his PO box so he could do videos of stuff he receives

Posted Images

​He's spitting venom at SOK simply due to the fact they are the SOK, they exist, and this upsets him.

​Hmm..if that's why then..he really has no agenda at all..I mean I don't know the SoK personally but they act like nice people for people trying to "run phil's face in the mud"..this might get me banned but meh..Phil and KG need to playing the blame game with them..

• Upvote 2

​Hmm..if that's why then..he really has no agenda at all..I mean I don't know the SoK personally but they act like nice people for people trying to "run phil's face in the mud"..this might get me banned but meh..Phil and KG need to playing the blame game with them..

​KG hates the SOK, he's hated the SOK since day one, he tries to make them look like evil people, who want to destroy DSP, when in reality the SOK is composed of former fans of Phil, who are disappointed with him, and the way he goes about things.

• Upvote 3

​The SOK really are nice and people develop friendships in the chat I'm in (it's not the official SOK chat on Skype, but it's like a sub-section of it.)

Either way, I agree whole-heartedly. Phil I haven't seen much of lately regarding the SOK (sans the Patreon incident) but KG is definitely playing the blame game which is bad for both sides in the long run. It makes SOK seem like this troll group dedicated to hating Phil's existance, and it makes DSP looks bad for having people who give him legitimate constructive criticism be attacked.

​The SOK really are nice and people develop friendships in the chat I'm in (it's not the official SOK chat on Skype, but it's like a sub-section of it.)

Either way, I agree whole-heartedly. Phil I haven't seen much of lately regarding the SOK (sans the Patreon incident) but KG is definitely playing the blame game which is bad for both sides in the long run. It makes SOK seem like this troll group dedicated to hating Phil's existance, and it makes DSP looks bad for having people who give him constructive criticism be attacked.

​SOK has poor PR, if you don't want to look like villains then don't upload videos like "DSP Tries It: Sabotaging His Own Patreon" saying you're going to make his premium rewards for patreons available to everyone.

Continue patting your backs, I don't see a single decent argument in defense of this group.

• Upvote 1

​The "DSP Stream Chat" Skype group is actually not really connected to SoK, the point was to create a safer place for people to chat when the IRC had the security flaw on the first day. It's open to anyone really.

But thank you Boon, we appreciate your support :)

​ SOK has poor PR, if you don't want to look like villains then don't upload videos like "DSP Tries It: Sabotaging His Own Patreon" saying you're going to make his premium rewards for patreons available to everyone.

I don't think anyone thinks we look like "villains"

Can we PLEASE get back on topic of suggestions for Phil's patreon.

I suggest for $500 he plays Minecraft.

• Upvote 2

I'll clarify some things, and then this topic had better get back on topic or moderation will begin to be handed out due to the massive derailing while I was out today. This includes arguing with me on the below, because this topic is supposed to be about Patreon Perk suggestions. Here goes:

-If it's my intention to provide advanced access to certain videos as a "thank you" perk to Patreon donators, if those donators then knowingly and willingly share that link with non-donators, it's a violation of the agreement and a MASSIVE slap in the face. If you actually care about myself and my continued ability to make this type of content/BETTER content (such as the edited year-end series) then you'd actually want me to be able to give legit perks to Patreon donators. TONS of Patreon creators do this, and although I'm sure there are a few bad apples, the majority of people are able to do it no problem without many people spoiling. It only seems I have to have this problem because of a group of self-deluded followers who want to justify sharing Patreon-exclusive content to non-Patreon members as "spreading the word about Phil." In reality, anyone with logical thought knows this is actually hurting me as it TAKES AWAY the perk of being a Patreon. Therefore, only people who are intending to HURT (not help) myself and/or fellow Patreons would share an unlisted YouTube link. PERIOD.

-The SOK are not fans. Fans do not attack someone they like and/or respect. but STALKERS do. Fred Fuchs has made tons of one-sided, derogatory videos (And still continues to do so). If you're deluded, you may think these videos are "legit criticisms of Phil" but I'll give you an example, from 2 outsiders who recently saw these videos.

1. When I first set up the Patreon, someone in the SOK set up dummy accounts and decided to spam the Activity wall of the account with "DSP Tries It: Something Derogatory" videos from Fred. They didn't post one - they posted OVER 100 POSTS of it, completely spamming the section, amongst other trolling. I contacted Patreon, staff saw it and WERE APPALLED. As in, they basically said they'd never seen anyone act that malicious to anyone who'd used their business before. It took them a week, but they had their staff re-code the entire page so that the Activity feed would be removed to stop the trolling. I also asked for the ability to remove donators (I wanted to get rid of the obvious trolls) but was told that was apparently not allowed at this time.

2. I was speaking with a contact from Machinima who asked me "what is TIHYDP?" and I showed them. The contact wrote me a huge apology letter that I'd have to go through anything like the negativity that I get simply for playing video games and sharing those experiences with others, and said she's doing to contact the higher-ups at Machinima in regards to me now being DDOS attacked/DOXXed so frequently, as it's a huge security risk and they feel partly responsible for never being informed on the wave of negativity that has affected me since early 2013.

What's the common factor? Outsiders (i.e. those that don't know me actively or follow my content frequently) see these kinds of videos as vile, disgusting attacks and/or evidence that I'm a horrible person. NOT as a legit criticism or a "humorous attempt" to laugh at me. They're harmful to myself and my business, they misinform those that don't know me or my entire body of work, and they create MORE negativity towards me. They do NOTHING to help me, at all, and anyone who believes otherwise is a subject of insane delusion.

If SOK's intentions are either 1. to help promote myself or my content or 2. to effectively get me to change for the better, they've gone about it completely the wrong way and have miserably failed. Their latest tactic, basically spoiling a Patreon perk, is NOT productive and I see it as a violent, aggressive move to attempt to take a much-needed revenue stream away from me as an option to continue my business successfully and improve my content. And it won't be tolerated.

That's it. End of discussion. Further posts in this thread are ONLY to be regarding Patreon Perk suggestions OR Patreon Goals. Anything else is derailing and you will be moderated.

• Upvote 2

Good to hear Phil, hope machinima does something about all the defamatory videos one of these days(doubtful).

Once you get some more goals up on the patreon I'll be donating more, I'll be interested to see what you put up on there. I would definitely pay to see you marathon some old or existing games.

Things I'm considering as goals:

-Marathons of old-school games
-Playing games people have always asked for but I never tried (Minecraft for instance or possibly others like Persona, although FULL PLAYTHROUGHS of those games probably won't happen, Persona being so insanely long)
-Setting up some of the statues as Patreon-exclusive giveaway items IF we hit a high enough monthly goal to adjust for the value that I would get just by selling the statue itself

Would love to hear more.

-Playing games people have always asked for but I never tried (Minecraft for instance or possibly others like Persona, although FULL PLAYTHROUGHS of those games probably won't happen, Persona being so insanely long)
-Setting up some of the statues as Patreon-exclusive giveaway items IF we hit a high enough monthly goal to adjust for the value that I would get just by selling the statue itself

Would love to hear more.

​Just a suggestion ... if you get enough money then maybe you can marathon a game or games for charity? giving back to the community and having fun at the same time! 

• Upvote 4

You could easily do "quick plays" of games for Patreon members, where you play a game for 30 minutes or an hour. Just try a ton of games you've never played before, maybe you'd find one that you might want to do a full playthrough of during downtime. Of course the only downside is you may not have many of them. Buying them obviously counteracts the donation, but some you may be able to get cheap or through alternative means. Just a thought.

I wouldn't mind seeing you try out Legend of grimrock, the Shantae games, NecroDancer or even the Binding of isaac. All steam games.

Even some troll games like Hatoful boyfriend would be hilarious.

I suggest you bring back the old perks, why should the rest of your loyal patrons have to wait even longer for goals which you already promised?

​What are you talking about? Zero perks have been promised, as you can see here: http://www.patreon.com/darksydephil

In fact, no timeframe has been promised either. This thread is a discussion to help determine what the perks would be. People who have joined my Patreon at this point have chosen to do so to support me in advance of any perks being announced, which is much appreciated and must be a sign that they support me regardless of what the perks end up being.

• Upvote 1

​Just a suggestion ... if you get enough money then maybe you can marathon a game or games for charity? giving back to the community and having fun at the same time! 

​I wanted to do a charity 2 years ago, but that was when the anti-DSP movement was really taking off on YouTube. I figured if I'd attempted one it would just be seen as an attempt to save face rather than actually help a cause, so I wisely decided to hold off. But this is definitely something I'd consider in the future.

​What are you talking about? Zero perks have been promised, as you can see here: http://www.patreon.com/darksydephil

In fact, no timeframe has been promised either. This thread is a discussion to help determine what the perks would be. People who have joined my Patreon at this point have chosen to do so to support me in advance of any perks being announced, which is much appreciated and must be a sign that they support me regardless of what the perks end up being.

​I think he's referring to the perks on the old troll Patreon, which were BS.

​I've never insulted the charity, you guys need to stop derailing the topic.

​Oh for fucks sakes! You AND Phil have derailed the damn topic. This was about suggestions, then why the fuck did Phil bring up nonsense such as "Oh well someone told me that SOK said this so it's obviously true." Oh wait it must be on topic because he said to make suggestions. But please tell me how you're on topic.

• Upvote 6

​Oh for fucks sakes! You AND Phil have derailed the damn topic. This was about suggestions, then why the fuck did Phil bring up nonsense such as "Oh well someone told me that SOK said this so it's obviously true." Oh wait it must be on topic because he said to make suggestions. But please tell me how you're on topic.

​We're trying to discuss the Patreon benefits, I suggest you stop derailing.

I still think that Patreon members should have a better chance at future DSP Giveaways. In the past I believe Phil always chose from forum posts, and even has a section devoted to giveaways. Why not add Patreon members to that and give them a slight advantage?

Would love to hear more.

​For long playthroughs you could always just make that a weekly/Bi-weekly thing, for example if someone wants you to play Persona 4 Golden then just make 1 or 2 30 min videos and make them appealing enough so that patreon owners will want to keep investing. It would also give you the chance to improve your editing skills and if you want you could release them on youtube though later.

I made a post in here with legitimate suggestions, with approval by a couple community members and it was taken down and I was also given a warning point for "abusive behavior" when I did nothing of the sort. Not trying to derail, I just don't understand why a LEGITIMATE post ON TOPIC was taken down for ludicrous reasons. 

My suggestions were; At $250 per month, a lucky Patron would get a Lootcrate subscription paid for with some of the money donated each month. A Patron only forum section. Giveaways of PSN/XBL subscription cards and store cards. 

I would like to get this sorted. This post is also on topic, as I listed my suggestions as well. Thank you. 

470eefe0d7d618d5a81e0fd9e4b3261f.png

Would love to hear more.

​1. These old school games that you are speaking of, if I was a contributor do I and the majority of contributors get too decide on a game or will it be set to a poll and will you finish it even if major releases are coming up ?

Would love to hear more.

​Problem there is..[This is coming from not a fan NOR a hater!]You provide nothing worth while for ME the average viewer from donating to you..even from a fan stand-point

-For Marathons do it for charity, that's your ONLY option cause I can go to a different youtuber to find playthroughs of old games OR play them myself.

-This is going to be mean but..wouldn't playing minecraft make you a sell-out for how hard you bashed the game prior to this..what point is there even to play if it won't be FULL PLAYTHROUGHS? Again no dime from me on this part, also wouldn't watch it your humor is not really funny..[Got to your second video of KH2 and couldn't stand the annoying sex jokes..]

-Have perks that are more Fan service then anything, like having their names in more slots for giveaways, or have them come on with chatting on hate live[The whole time! or a member every 30mins] and a chance to play with on a co-op game or any multiplayer game! Like For Glory one-on-one on smash or OLD games[Via emulators]

• Phil locked this topic