The King of Hate Forums

Patreon Perk Suggesions Thread

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's what I'd really like from the patreon campaign: transparency. You've been shaping the past to fit your narrative for the past few weeks and it's getting to be gross. Views did not decrease une

This topic is for discussing ideas for Phil's Patreon if he decides to create one, not for voicing your drama. Stay on topic please. :| Perhaps some of the higher tiers would involve a meet and greet

Dunno he doesn't have a Patreon yet, and both darksydephil and dspgaming have been registered as troll accounts. I kinda wish he would bring back his PO box so he could do videos of stuff he receives

Posted Images

So far, the two most suggested patreon reward playthroughs, Minecraft and Persona, will be more of a punishment to the fine folks giving you money than a reward.

An entertaining Minecraft video relies on a few things that, frankly, Phil lacks in these days: creativity, adaptability, and storytelling. If I wanted to watch someone stumble through the crafting interface, slowly build a house and then get killed in the middle of the night and call the game a piece of shit for spawning in a creeper, I'd watch my dad give it a try. Playing Minecraft with absolutely no incentive to enjoy it other than "welp, people paid me to do this" will end in nothing but a giant rant against a game that Phil already has a clear bias against.

Persona 3 or 4. Good lord, no. A game that's a celebration of anime and friendship, requires laser focus during the dungeons to get the most out of the encounters, is grindy and nuanced and self-serious in a silly way? Phil would destroy it. Absolutely shit all over it. I don't want to hear Chie called a slut or Junpei called an asshole. And a patreon goal that's only playing Persona for a few hours? Seriously? You might as well just watch the intro cutscene and turn the console off.

Phil, playing games that you have a bias against and have spoken out as not wanting to touch should NEVER be a patreon goal. It makes you look like someone who will betray your own beliefs for a few bucks, and it'll probably piss off a whole bunch of the people who pop their head in to watch when you shit on the games they love.

​I can understand Minecraft but what makes you say he'll be biased about Persona? I for one think he will LOVE Persona 4. In a lot of ways it's like Phoenix Wright. It's the kind of playthrough that is perfect for Phil because it's story focused and it's one of the only turn based JRPGs that I think is always fun. If he ever tries Persona I can guarantee you that it will become an ongoing playthrough and not just a couple hours.

Plus I played P4 and only had to grind when I wanted 100%.

​I can understand Minecraft but what makes you say he'll be biased about Persona? I for one think he will LOVE Persona 4. In a lot of ways it's like Phoenix Wright. It's the kind of playthrough that is perfect for Phil because it's story focused and it's one of the only turn based JRPGs that I think is always fun. If he ever tries Persona I can guarantee you that it will become an ongoing playthrough and not just a couple hours.

​im sorry i think persona 3 and maybe 4 will be way to hard for phil. Unless the chat just helps him through then that will be just very boring. Also once you die the game ends no check points and do you see how much he dies. 

​He's repeatedly said that he won't play a Persona game because they're "too long". When it takes him 2 hours to get to the tutorial dungeon, he'll already have checked out. And since he's expressed no commitment to finishing the game, why bother?

• Upvote 1

​He's repeatedly said that he won't play a Persona game because they're "too long". When it takes him 2 hours to get the tutorial dungeon, he'll already have checked out. And since he's expressed no commitment to finishing the game, why bother?

​they funny thing is if you are decent at video games it will only take around 50+ hours so its not even that long imo.

​He's repeatedly said that he won't play a Persona game because they're "too long". When it takes him 2 hours to get the tutorial dungeon, he'll already have checked out. And since he's expressed no commitment to finishing the game, why bother?

​That's a pretty sad excuse not to play a game, I'm currently playing Persona 4 Golden on the Vita and am playing it through (enjoying it thoroughly, by the way.)

Another perk I forgot to mention.co commentary playthroughs.

Basically this is how I see it. A patreon of let's player/gamer should have huge interactions with the gamer. Whether it's fan appreciation, live calling, co commentary, or requesting a playthrough. It would make us feel like we're gaming with you. Stuff like that is the only reason I see this working.

Also a marathon event once a certain milestone has been past is also a good idea.But something like that should have plenty of stream chat interaction since you doing gameplay and not focusing on doing a playthrough. Maybe you can do that "Nothing I can do" series.

​That's a pretty sad excuse not to play a game, I'm currently playing Persona 4 Golden on the Vita and am playing it through (enjoying it thoroughly, by the way.)

​Playing a game for fun, and Phil playing a game for patreon money are completely different things. :D

​im sorry i think persona 3 and maybe 4 will be way to hard for phil. Unless the chat just helps him through then that will be just very boring. Also once you die the game ends no check points and do you see how much he dies. 

​As long as these things are laid out for him at the beginning then I think he can learn the game pretty easily. I played Persona 4 for the first time last summer and was able to adapt to the difficulty with only minor frustrations.

​Playing a game for fun, and Phil playing a game for patreon money are completely different things. :D

​No, it's really not. lol

Besides Phil has made tons of money from his partnership with Machinema on YouTube and he shouldn't feel like he's being forced to play a game for our enjoyment, he should do it because it's something he enjoys playing.

​As long as these things are laid out for him at the beginning then I think he can learn the game pretty easily. I played Persona 4 for the first time last summer and was able to adapt to the difficulty with only minor frustrations.

​that kind of ruins the game he should have to learn all this himself like everyone else and this is phil the guy who has a hard time with the easiest games. Also persona 4 is 10x easier than 3 imo.

​No, it's really not. lol

Besides Phil has made tons of money from his partnership with Machinema on YouTube and he shouldn't feel like he's being forced to play a game for our enjoyment, he should do it because it's something he enjoys playing.

​The whole point of the ongoing patreon is that Phil *needs* people to give him money to keep him above water. Donating to have him play Minecraft or Persona is absolutely, literally, paying money to make him play games for our enjoyment.

​that kind of ruins the game he should have to learn all this himself like everyone else and this is phil the guy who has a hard time with the easiest games. Also persona 4 is 10x easier than 3 imo.

​Id be more interested in a P4 playthrough. Besides I meant to just give him heads up to get him started. (No checkpoints so tell him he has to save often)

​The whole point of the ongoing patreon is that Phil *needs* people to give him money to keep him above water. Donating to have him play Minecraft or Persona is absolutely, literally, paying money to make him play games for our enjoyment.

​Guess I should rephrase that, he shouldn't feel gagged and on the verge of rage-quitting like in his MGS1 playthrough for our enjoyment.

​He's repeatedly said that he won't play a Persona game because they're "too long". When it takes him 2 hours to get to the tutorial dungeon, he'll already have checked out. And since he's expressed no commitment to finishing the game, why bother?

​I think he'll actually get hooked on it and make it a ongoing weekly playthrough.

​Id be more interested in a P4 playthrough. Besides I meant to just give him heads up to get him started. (No checkpoints so tell him he has to save often)

​P4 is much more fun to watch but P3 imo is the better game. Also he will still rage at it he gets made a bad check points all the time how do you think he will react to no check points

​If he knows to save often it shouldn't be a problem. Besides Phil knows that's how it works when he plays RPGs

​yeah and he is bad at most rpg he dies a lot and in P4 you cant keep going back and forth or save when every you want he could get to the floor before the boss die and just rage over it and it will piss a lot of people off he should just play a more relaxing game imo

• Upvote 2

​yeah and he is bad at most rpg he dies a lot and in P4 you cant keep going back and forth or save when every you want he could get to the floor before the boss die and just rage over it and it will piss a lot of people off he should just play a more relaxing game imo

​That's actually not true. At anytime you can use an item or skill that returns you to the entrance, save, go back, and continue from that floor you left off at. It's actually recommended that you don't do the whole dungeon in one go.

​That's actually not true. At anytime you can use an item or skill that returns you to the entrance, save, go back, and continue from that floor you left off at. It's actually recommended that you don't do the whole dungeon in one go.

​yes you have to buy those items and you dont get that skill till mid game. You should only use the item when you are done for the day. Also he would have to learn about S.links and fusion. Fusion is barley explained in the game and if he forgets about it he will have one hard ass time beating the game.

​yes you have to buy those items and you dont get that skill till mid game. You should only use the item when you are done for the day. Also he would have to learn about S.links and fusion. Fusion is barley explained in the game and if he forgets about it he will have one hard ass time beating the game.

​Those things are easy to learn. The only hard part is mastering it which you don't need to do to beat the game.

• Phil locked this topic