The King of Hate Forums
Jelsea1973

Patreon Perk Suggesions Thread

​I wasn't claiming you were bashing him though.

​What is your beef then? he said he wanted to do charity but he decided not to because of what people would think of him and I called him out on making up excuses.

he wants it to be as relaxed as possible, not like this is kickstarter and we are funding a new project. he said so himself "this isnt kickstarter", he isnt working extra for patreon.

​He isn't working extra for patreon? So what is this whole patreon thing for? Then he can just as well accept donations, if he doesn't want to work "extra" for patreon.

​I hate when people say stuff like this. You're acting like everyone has a responsibility to donate to charity. In all honestly no one needs excuses or reasons to support or not support charity. It simply isn't anyone's business.

​Seems odd this comment would remain on this thread given it's off-topic. But to chip in on the derailment - if Phil wants to do a charity drive than nothing should stop him from organizing and running one. If he thinks his 'haters' are going to derail it before he even gets off the ground then he's making an excuse for why he won't do a charity event. It's just that simple. There is no harm in making this statement.

It's also not about having a responsibility to donate, it's about Phil's own statements and examining why he would feel a need to state he was going to a charity event only to back away from the idea. Again, there's no harm in simply stating that he made an excuse not to do charity - he doesn't have to do anything he doesn't want to.

As for Patreon perks, to pull this back on topic: has Phil at any point been opposed to the idea of doing live call-in's for Hate Live with patrons? I would think that would be an easy goal (I'm not sure if that's what it would be called or considered on Patreon) to accomplish that requires the least amount of work on his end and shows an immediate return on his patron's end for providing him monthly income. Just spit-balling, but he could set it up to be you have to pledge $20 a month (even establish a rule that to ensure you're not going to troll him on his own livestream that you have to have made this pledge for at least 2 months, essentially meaning that the first month you pledge this amount you don't get access to this goal).

If this was already discussed then I apologize for bringing up an old suggestion.

As for the statues - they're irrelevant, I would think. Whether he wants to give them away to patrons or not doesn't seem the least bit relevant to the topic, nor is it anything anyone should really care about as that's his personal business what he does with his property. If there isn't already another thread talking about this topic then could one be made so it isn't on this thread anymore?

​He isn't working extra for patreon? So what is this whole patreon thing for? Then he can just as well accept donations, if he doesn't want to work "extra" for patreon.

​hey thats the news

the only 2 goals he is considering now is playing minecraft "for a bit" as he said and a 5-6 hours "marathon".

so its pretty much what he has been doing all this time, no big projects, no coop commentary, no calls, no tournys. nothing.

dont blame me, "this isnt kickstarter" he said it, not me

​hey thats the news

the only 2 goals he is considering now is playing minecraft "for a bit" as he said and a 5-6 hours "marathon".

so its pretty much what he has been doing all this time, no big projects, no coop commentary, no calls, no tournys. nothing.

dont blame me, "this isnt kickstarter" he said it, not me

​So..he is playing Minecraft when he absolutely hates the game and playing games for 5-6 hours and call it a marathon, and..here I thought he couldn't get any lazier..

​So..he is playing Minecraft when he absolutely hates the game and play games for 5-6 and call it a marathon, and I thought he couldn't get lazier..

​actually no

he is ONLY going to play minecraft or persona and do the "marathon", if the goals are reached.

example he says the goal to do the marathon is to gather 500 dollars through patreon.

if the people give him the money, he ll do the "marathon", if not, i dont know. probably not.

​actually no

he is ONLY going to play minecraft or persona and do the "marathon", if the goals are reached.

example he says the goal to do the marathon is to gather 500 dollars through patreon.

if the people give him the money, he ll do the "marathon", if not, i dont know. probably not.

​So..Phil is just making goals and not perks..so..he is just using patreon like a tip jar but with crappy goals...

• Upvote 2

​So..Phil is just making goals and not perks..so..he is just using patreon like a tip jar but with crappy goals...​

i havent heard any perks from him, just those 2 goals. 

the crime is keeping those statues "captive". especially when he says he is in "huge debt"

how big is that "huge debt" if you can afford to not sell those statues for months!?

i am baffled by this! its the best perk suggestion and he just mentions "he has plans on selling them for months" 

how can you be in "huge debt" and at the same time keep statues valued at about 5k (total value)?

this above all i dont understand, the "huge debt" must not be that "huge" because would have sold those statues long ago.

it baffles me, i cant understand it although i have tried.

the crime is keeping those statues "captive". especially when he says he is in "huge debt"

how big is that "huge debt" if you can afford to not sell those statues for months!?

i am baffled by this! its the best perk suggestion and he just mentions "he has plans on selling them for months" 

how can you be in "huge debt" and at the same time keep statues valued at about 5k (total value)?

this above all i dont understand, the "huge debt" must not be that "huge" because would have sold those statues long ago.

​Those statues are worth MAYBE 50-100$, since they are out of the box..or HAVE no box so better just to do giveaways for them..

​Those statues are worth MAYBE 50-100$, since they are out of the box..or HAVE no box so better just to do giveaways for them..

​well from what i heard on his twitter he found 31? of those statues.  so 3100. well, its close to 5k...if you squint really hard.

​well from what i heard on his twitter he found 31? of those statues.  so 3100. well, its close to 5k...if you squint really hard.

Just depends on the statue and what condition it's in

​It takes months to send things out apparently. Maybe I'm weird but it usually takes me 15 minutes (25 including driving) during my lunch break to send a few packages out. 

• Upvote 1

​What is your beef then? he said he wanted to do charity but he decided not to because of what people would think of him and I called him out on making up excuses.

​I'm just saying he shouldn't be pressured into doing a charity drive if he feels he's not ready. Whether he does it now, later, or never shouldn't be your concern.

One thing that makes me wonder is that Phil is supposed to act like the average gamer, but one of the biggest differences between him and the average gamer in my eyes is that he barely seems to go back to games he played previously to do side stuff, so why not make one of his patreon perks streams with only side content for games whose playthroughs he already finished?

One thing that makes me wonder is that Phil is supposed to act like the average gamer, but one of the biggest differences between him and the average gamer in my eyes is that he barely seems to go back to games he played previously to do side stuff, so why not make one of his patreon perks streams with only side content for games whose playthroughs he already finished?

​That's usually can't happen because he trades in the games a while after he finishes them.

Giving this thread a bump as it hasn't been posted in for a week, and I'm going to make a NEW thread for goals (not perks) as the perks don't seem to be working out.

At this point I don't think perks are going to work for my Patreon, as everything I've come up with (advanced access to vids, private streams etc.) has basically been shot down by my detractors who have publicly stated they'll donate $1 just to be a Patreon and then make the private things public. I also thought about doing stuff like having someone on as a guest on Hate LIVE! if they gave, say, a $50 donation, but they'd have to use Skype and that could lead to me being DDOSed (again). So right now, all of that kind of stuff is out of the picture.

What I could do and am strongly considering doing, is setting up Patreon GOALS: set landmarks of monthly contribution at which I will do set things to "give back" and/or IMPROVE my content moving forward.

Please check out the NEW thread for Patreon goals that I'm about to create, and thanks for contributing to this one.