The King of Hate Forums
Jelsea1973

Patreon Perk Suggesions Thread

I'd go with donating a small portion of said donations to a charity that would be the choice of a patron (or a cause you feel strongly about). It's charity after all, and any amount, even the smallest, is giving back to both your patrons that request and to people in need. I'm sure it would be a relatively easy task to do, even with your debt situation. The honest truth is, Patreon needs to be something that you fully invest into, and I don't believe you can currently do that given your past attempts at sticking to something consistent.

• Upvote 1

I'd go with donating a small portion of said donations to a charity that would be the choice of a patron (or a cause you feel strongly about). It's charity after all, and any amount, even the smallest, is giving back to both your patrons that request and to people in need. I'm sure it would be a relatively easy task to do, even with your debt situation. The honest truth is, Patreon needs to be something that you fully invest into, and I don't believe you can currently do that given your past attempts at sticking to something consistent.

https://my.charitywater.org/sons-of-kojima      my vote :D

• Upvote 2

​It would have be a pretty high if they want a DSP shower vid lol

​Damn! Hell yes! a DSP Shower video like we had with the Axe Body Wash thing. lmfao XD That was priceless! A New DSP Tries it with some new bathroom wash or something.

Edited by God_Revan

​Damn! Hell yes! a DSP Shower video like we had with the Axe Body Wash thing. lmfao XD That was priceless! A New DSP Tries it with some new bathroom wash or something.

​Lol that would be something

Just running off the previous chat ideas, perhaps Patreon donators could get access to a special section of this forum?

Just running off the previous chat ideas, perhaps Patreon donators could get access to a special section of this forum?

​And do what exactly? Last time something like that was made was during the 1st Gen forums and that was never given much interest except the 1 or 2 contests they had during its life spam and a "Donator" only rank. I'll admit, I was one of those people that donated money for the forums and I felt dissatisfied with the amount of things exclusive for Donators. But I digress, the most important thing was is that I was able to support the Forums in some way or form, like donating money and doing my Tips & Help Threads.

Edited by God_Revan
  • Upvote 1

So, this may have already been mentioned, but I've seen some larger Twitch streamers do this with their subs where they allow them to vote on a fixed number of games for a certain day. On this day, they'll do a stream where they play through all the top voted games. Not a full playthrough or anything, just like an hour or two of each. If Phil liked the games or they got a real positive reaction, he could maybe transition it into a weekly playthrough thing.

I think this would be good for Patreon contributors. Do a weekly Patreon-only vote. Phil plays the top voted games one day a week. These streams are available to everyone, but the only people who get to take part in the vote are Patrons. I think this could solve the problem of Phil not wanting to keep content away from all viewers while also giving something tangible and fun for Patreon contributors. It also builds fan involvement and appreciation and I think could be something really special for his channel.

Just an idea. The one problem is I don't know how to do a Patreon-only poll. On Twitch theres a feature where, in order to access the poll, they must be subscribed and it gets validated before giving access to the poll. Not sure how'd it work here.

• Upvote 3

So, this may have already been mentioned, but I've seen some larger Twitch streamers do this with their subs where they allow them to vote on a fixed number of games for a certain day. On this day, they'll do a stream where they play through all the top voted games. Not a full playthrough or anything, just like an hour or two of each. If Phil liked the games or they got a real positive reaction, he could maybe transition it into a weekly playthrough thing.

I think this would be good for Patreon contributors. Do a weekly Patreon-only vote. Phil plays the top voted games one day a week. These streams are available to everyone, but the only people who get to take part in the vote are Patrons. I think this could solve the problem of Phil not wanting to keep content away from all viewers while also giving something tangible and fun for Patreon contributors. It also builds fan involvement and appreciation and I think could be something really special for his channel.

Just an idea. The one problem is I don't know how to do a Patreon-only poll. On Twitch theres a feature where, in order to access the poll, they must be subscribed and it gets validated before giving access to the poll. Not sure how'd it work here.

​Ooh that's actually good. Nice one.

I don't know if this is mentioned before, but I like the idea of a portion of Ask The King that only answers questions from patreons.  Thus, any patreon who submits their question to Ask The King has a high likelihood of getting their question answered compared to non-patreons.

• Upvote 1

On the topic of what videos should be counted as patreon content, (what videos phil gets the money for) I think it should be the final episode of a playthrough (it the review if he does a full review) and the videos that take considerable editing such as the year end series he does.

On the topic of what levels there should be, I think it should be something like:

$1 - your name, gamertag, or username on a thank you page of the site that lists all of the supporters.

$5 - same as above plus an extra chance in any drawings that happen.

$10 - same as above plus being able to submit your Ask The King questions before he announces he's taking questions.

Here are my suggestions:

1. The obvious one as many already suggested: Timed exclusive content for Patreons. I think about a week exclusive to patreons would be appropriate.
    1. I have a few ideas for exclusive series.
      • A series where Phil checks a game that Patreon's choose for 30 mins to an hour then Phil gives his thoughts on the game on an offline video. I don't care if Phil doesn't research the game before hand but he can and he can also continue the playthrough if he wishes to but the idea is for the series to just be a taste of a game.
      • Since Phil used to be a Pro fighting game player, an idea I had was to maybe have Phil analyze a fight between current pros. Could be interesting although it would require Phil getting permission to use the footage which could end up being more of a hassle.
      • Blind reaction to game and movie trailers. No need to do a fancy editing just a shot of you facing your PC and watching a trailer for the first time. Doesn't have to be a video game related movie trailer, can be a random trailer. Even of movies you would never cared for at all. Would make for interesting viewing for both Phil and us.
      • I like the idea Phil had to release the first draft of a project 7 episode exclusively to patreon where people can then give him suggestions of how to improve the episode then release the final version for everyone on youtube a few days to a week later.
  2. Custom title on the forums would be cool as some suggested already.

Anyways, I am sleepy. I'll edit this if I come up with something else.

• Upvote 2

Here's what I'd really like from the patreon campaign: transparency. You've been shaping the past to fit your narrative for the past few weeks and it's getting to be gross.

Views did not decrease unexpectedly due to your move over the summer; they've been in a sharp decline for a couple of years now due to your inability to adapt to youtube trends and your bad attitude. Stop telling people otherwise.

Furthermore, you've spent nearly an entire year vlogging about all your move to an overly expensive home, describing all the expensive furnishings that you crammed into said home, and buying crap that pushed your credit cards to the limit. Your patreon is literally an effort to get yourself out of debt, by your own admission. Why do you think your fans should bail you out of your outlandish, ludicrous spending over the past 6 months? That's ridiculous, and the fact that you clearly don't plan on spending any of the patreon money on improving or expanding your content is honestly offensive.

• Upvote 13

Here's what I'd really like from the patreon campaign: transparency. You've been shaping the past to fit your narrative for the past few weeks and it's getting to be gross.

Views did not decrease unexpectedly due to your move over the summer; they've been in a sharp decline for a couple of years now due to your inability to adapt to youtube trends and your bad attitude. Stop telling people otherwise.

Furthermore, you've spent nearly an entire year vlogging about all your move to an overly expensive home, describing all the expensive furnishings that you crammed into said home, and buying crap that pushed your credit cards to the limit. Your patreon is literally an effort to get yourself out of debt, by your own admission. Why do you think your fans should bail you out of your outlandish, ludicrous spending over the past 6 months? That's ridiculous, and the fact that you clearly don't plan on spending any of the patreon money on improving or expanding your content is honestly offensive.

​I have to agree with this constructive criticism and these are mostly all points I've covered previously.  It's well written, explains your worries clearly and concisely and doesn't resort to insults.  This is how constructive criticism should be.

Kudos sir.

• Upvote 1

Here's my idea. A monthly contest where the winner gets to a request a personal playthrough. For example If I won the contest I would probably request that the monthly patreon playthrough would be the third Phoenix Wright game.  It should be something that would be an ongoing playthrough or a major new release but something you wouldn't normally play and can beat within a couple weeks. We all want to see you play our favorite games but sometimes it's hard to wait until downtime which is around twice a year. Doing one downtime game a month might help you get through them quicker.

With the extra money he could add green screen effects to Project 7, edit the episode, add green screen effects to his Hateful Truth reviews, review movies, create edited montages of his game playthroughs and release all these things early on Patreon.

Basically Patreon will allow him to use the time outside the hardcore gaming season to use green screen and editing for his ongoing and new content.

Honestly I think Machinima might not let Phil post any game playthroughs outside his Dspgaming channel because of his contract. Just making a guess.

I like you.

​If it's real then he comes off as being pretty arrogant with the "Gaming content creator since before it was cool!".

​Isn't "before it was cool" just an expression or meme?

​Isn't "before it was cool" just an expression or meme?

​Could be but I've heard Phil claim he was the first LPer before so he might not mean it as an expression or meme.

​Could be but I've heard Phil claim he was the first LPer before so he might not mean it as an expression or meme.

​He was among the first group of LPers.

​He was among the first group of LPers.

​LPers were around years before he showed up and I just noticed his Patreon says "I inadvertently became an innovator of the YouTube gaming scene" so the other thing wasn't a meme or expression. Like I said he comes off as being very arrogant with stuff like that there.

​LPers were around years before he showed up and I just noticed his Patreon says "I inadvertently became an innovator of the YouTube gaming scene" so the other thing wasn't a meme or expression. Like I said he comes off as being very arrogant with stuff like that there.

​"an innovator," means there are more than one. Phil was among the first group of people who did LPing before it was well known.