The King of Hate Forums

Silent Hills Cancelled

It makes me wonder just what the fuck is going on over at Konami. I hate to sound like a pessimist, but at this point I fear MGSV will be the last MGS at this rate. Then again, it'd not be the same without Kojima anyways, but still... *sigh*

Hopefully Kojima goes to sony where they will give him money to make good games. Konami is making a move to mobile/gambling and they dont want these type of games anymore it seems. 

​Yeah I've been thinking about this a lot, my friend seems to think Kojima will probably show up on Sony's E3 (probably not on stage) but an announcement that he's making his own studio and Sony making him up. A long shot prediction but it could be a good one. I kind of think Kojima should just retired, I mean that man has worked his ass of for the past 28 years on pretty much a single franchise, you gotta burn out sooner or later.

I think what Kojima has been doing is pretty impressive, even if at times the execution is never there. I would have loved to see Silent Hills but apart of me is relieved it's not happening. I can't really explain it. Would it be interesting to see a Kojima-style Silent Hill? Sure. But I think he could branch out and create his own without using Silent Hill.

I have to be honest with you fellas.

Silent Hill is very much a series that is known for being subtle with its themes.

Hideo Kojima is pretty much the polar opposite of subtlety.

Even if you actually like Kojima's work, this game probably would've sucked. It's better off in this context. Maybe the SH franchise will come back at another time.

• 2 weeks later...

I have to be honest with you fellas.

Silent Hill is very much a series that is known for being subtle with its themes.

Hideo Kojima is pretty much the polar opposite of subtlety.

Even if you actually like Kojima's work, this game probably would've sucked. It's better off in this context. Maybe the SH franchise will come back at another time.

​would have probably still been better than shattered memories

• 3 weeks later...

that rumor is very weird, i don't think the game was 80% complete at all

​Especially considering that you think that Norman Reedus would have recorded lines for the game since he confirmed voicework never began on the game so its clear that this is only just a troll.

​Especially considering that you think that Norman Reedus would have recorded lines for the game since he confirmed voicework never began on the game so its clear that this is only just a troll.

​Yeah, but the source has credibility since they also said that Microsoft would be selling the Xbox One without the Kinect last year.

​Yeah, but the source has credibility since they also said that Microsoft would be selling the Xbox One without the Kinect last year.

Still 80% is a stretch considering that would mean the game is almost done not to mention it looked like it was in early development. Unless Konami confirms then this is just a rumor.​