The King of Hate Forums
Icureditwithmybrain

Dragon Ball Super (Universe Survival Arc)

After 18 Years, a new Dragon Ball anime series is on the way:

It’s called Dragon Ball Super. And it’s the first new, original Dragon Ball television anime in nearly two decades.

The last Dragon Ball TV anime, Dragon Ball GT, aired from 1996 to 1997.

Yahoo News (via tipster Pyke) and Famitsu report that Dragon Ball creator Akira Toriyama will be handling the new anime’s story. The series will take place after Goku defeats Majin Buu, and the world has become a peaceful place again.

http://kotaku.com/dragon-ball-is-getting-its-first-new-tv-anime-in-18-yea-1700616322

• Upvote 1

This one will probably be better then... *Shivers* GT because this time the creator will be involved and is no longer burnt out on the series.

I am actually looking forward to this, a childhood classic is coming back baby, and I can't wait to fap​ watch.

I have mixed feelings. On the one hand, I've always enjoyed Dragon Ball Z, and it would be great if it's well written, and has better animations than DBZ did.

On the other hand, I'm concerned they may make the plot ridiculous by dragging it out with the next villain who is now the ultimate-ultimate powerful guy, and with green-haired-super-saiyan-lord-god-ninja monkey transformations.

I'm sure they could make it work, but from where they are it's easy to screw up like GT.

Dragon Ball Super will be 100 episodes long.  The story will focus on casual things like Goten and Trunks buying a present for Gohan and Videl's wedding.  Super is pretty much between Battle of Gods and Resurrection F.  A fat Beerus named Champ and a female Whis will appear, and it seems that they are the villains.

Is there proof to say I'm wrong?

yes everywhere. it is before battle of gods, after battle of gods, before Resurrection of f, and after Resurrection of f. It is 100-200 episodes with 100 minimum depending if it gets good rating (which it obviously will) will go to 200. That description is only for the first episode not the series. Fat beerus is speculated to be named Champa and they are not confirmed as villains or anything as there is no direct confirmation on their identities. 

Edited by HNS9975

Thoughts on how Toei is butchering the animation of DBS?

The animation looked really awful and half assed but it will probably be fixed in the BD/DVD release. Episode 6 did make up for the atrocity that was Ep5 though.

• Upvote 1

The animation wasn't that bad in Episode 6, so I'm gonna assume that they'll be taking the animation criticisms to heart.

The animation needs to be good for Episode 7 because if Vegeta really becomes a SSJ3 then it will be worth nothing if its just shitty animation.

The animation needs to be good for Episode 7 because if Vegeta really becomes a SSJ3 then it will be worth nothing if its just shitty animation.

hes not going to become ssj3 lol. that would be completely retarded just for him to do that only to get slapped and knocked out

44 minutes ago, MasterOfAwesomeness said:

Yeah, I'm still into it.  The manga skipped the Resurrection of F arc. 

Well it skipped the BOG arc too, its pretty much just setting up the next arc after Resurrection F is done in the anime. Hopefully the animation is good.