The King of Hate Forums
Icureditwithmybrain

Dragon Ball Super (Universe Survival Arc)

So, is anyone enjoying the U6 vs. U7 tournament so far?  Thoughts on the new characters? 

So far, Goku defeated Botamo easily, but lost to Frost (U6 version of Frieze).  In the match between Frost and Piccolo, Frost cheated by using an arm needle.  Vegeta defeated Frost in one punch and is now taking on Magetta.

3 hours ago, MasterOfAwesomeness said:

So, is anyone enjoying the U6 vs. U7 tournament so far?  Thoughts on the new characters? 

Hidden Content

Spoiler

To me its slightly better than the other arcs, it doesn't help that Piccolo got shafted yet again and now Frost doesn't even put up a fight. I'm hoping the next fight is good but I'm keeping my expectations low.

Vegeta defeated Magetta in a difficult and closed in match with a Final Flash.  Vegeta then went onto defeat Cabba easily and was able to trigger Cabba's Super Saiyan Form.  All that's left is Hit and it seems that Hit will defeat Vegeta and take on Goku.

Hit defeated Vegeta easily.    The fight between Hit and Goku was my favorite since it gave Hit more character build up and introduced SSG + Kaio Ken.  Goku felt that due to the no kill rule, he wouldn't be able to have Hit go all out, so Goku chose to forfeit.  The final match was Hit vs. Monaka (who was revealed to be incredibly weak).  Hit chose to intentionally lose after getting punched by Monaka since Goku helped improve Hit's Time Skip powers.  So, Universe 7 wins!

12 hours ago, MasterOfAwesomeness said:

So, Zamasu really is evil.

Was that ever really in doubt? I know normally that would be a question since his motives aren't black and white, but Dragon Ball has never really done shades of gray as far as I recall. Closest we got prior was maybe the Androids.

I'm really enjoying this arc. So many questions and so much intrigue. I've been theorizing new stuff with my friend after each episode and it's just great to have this much to talk about with DB. Not a fan of Vegeta still getting the short end of the stick (at least compared to Goku since practically the whole rest of the cast outside of those two is irrelevant now), but what else is new.

So, we watched Buu, Gohan, and Goku fight those fox brothers from Universe 9, and now we got the rules for the upcoming Tournament of Power.  It will be a battle royale of 80 competitors from 8 different universes.  The fighters will have 48 minutes to knock out their opponents from the ring.  The universe with the most remaining fighters at the end of the time limit or has the last fighter standing will win and avoid universal erasure. 

Just now, ThatCatGuy said:

I'm assuming your a Superman fan? Well right now I'm enjoying DBSupet wag more than I enjoyed Superman v Batman & Justice League movies combined. 

It's heating up and getting better every episode. If people are hating on it then they are dumb.

Um, yes I am a Superman fan. Is that a problem?  However, I just wanted to know your thoughts on the anime is all.  You don't have to start flame war.

Besides, you never answered my question in regards to the whole cats and dogs thing.