The King of Hate Forums
Phil

Ask the King Ep. 52 - May 28, 2015

Hey Phil,

Been a fan for a long time and decided I finally had a decent question to contribute. So I was watching Wolfenstein The Old Blood, and I noticed one video where you had part of the title called Phil-osophical Thoughts. Now my question is this, would you consider discussing things more in your playthroughs along these lines? It was very fun to watch and listen to, and it would drastically benefit your content, I believe anyways, if you talked about miscellaneous things during playthroughs. I know one critique might be it detracts from the game itself, or derails immersion, so don't do it in games that are very immersive. I do believe however that if you choose to do this, as you are a guy with plenty to say on various topics or subjects, that it would definitely not hurt to do this more often, As I already know it happens from time to time, but not often enough I would say. Also, the subject can also relate to the game as well, as it did relate in your wolfenstein playthrough.

To shorten this, Will you try to have more Phil-osophical talks during gameplay? :)

Edited by SenHai

Your IRC chat claims it has been temporary for quite some time now.  Any status updates or ETA on the better proprietary chat?

Thanks!

Your IRC chat claims it has been temporary for quite some time now.  Any status updates or ETA on the better proprietary chat?

Thanks!

​This! An update would be wonderful. Will we have to donate to Patreon for a better chat?

Hey Phil, I've recently been a fan since the beginning of April and I have to say I've really been enjoying your content and positivity from these past few weeks. 

My question is, why are some people so hellbent on hurting you or attacking your name? I understand there will always be haters but these people outright bully and defame you by photoshopping your face with an idiotic picture and their display name will usually be 'DSPsucks' or something alike. So again, to clarify- why are these people so dedicated on making you look like scum compared to the haters a youtuber would normally have? I personally think these people are unhealthy to hate someone so deeply who has no affect on their lives. I'd like to hear your opinion on this. Thanks. 

Your Fan, 

SiblingMint

Hello Phil

I've been a viewer of yours for a couple of months now, I've always been huge into gaming, my love for video games has become more then just a hobby, i have dreams of one day become a video game designer. What tips would you give someone who would love to make that dream into a reality?

Thanks, Brandon Stevens

Hey Phil,

After years of being a hardcore wrestling fan, I feel that wwe have been on a decline in quality ever since 2010. In your opinion what was the worst moment in wwe and do you feel that the wwe will ever become as good as it was in the past?

Hello DSP. Long time fan here, i've been watching since you did your set of Street Fighter IV sets with Free1up, that was a golden era of Youtube for me but I digress. Anyways before my question I would just like to appreciate the positive change you have been making with your channel, to be completely honest I was starting to fade away from it because of all the negativity but I find myself as interested in your content as I was day 1 which is great! Keep up the good work and fight the good fight I wish you nothing but success. 

Now for my question. You played Smash Bros 4 and made a lot of complaints about it, the stages, the lag, and other things, but I also notice you played 4 player matches your entire time which I don't think was the best approach at the game online. Honestly you should have been doing 1v1 for glory matches which are on flat stages and make the game more of a fighting game instead of a jumbled mess. Will you ever return to Smash Bros at any time especially with DLC characters coming (Mewtwo out now, Lucas coming in June, and more DLC characters to be announced) & will you actually do 1v1 for glory matches instead of the 4 player matches that honestly weren't that great to watch. Again thank you for answering my question if you choose to and best of luck to your future

Hey Phil, you recently started heists on gta online and i was just wondering if you and your friends will ever go back and complete the last two that you're currently doing ?

How does doing a playthrough differ from casual gaming for you? I know worrying about the capture equipment and commentary can be a concern, but for someone who has done hundreds of playthroughs, you would know some insight.

Hello Phil. I have been a avid fan of yours since 2009. I was watching your playthrough of Make my video: Kris Kross. Watching the video, you seem not that fond of them. And quite frankly I don't blame you because what parent would let their kids make bad hip hop music while wearing their clothes backwards? My question is were there any other music artists in the 90's or 2000's that you dislike? If so, what was it that you disliked about them? Was it their songs? their voice? their personality? or the fact that their had no reason to be making music? Thank you.

Phil, could you clarify what the situation between you and John Rambo is? You two had such good chemistry; I'd hate to think you parted on bad terms. 

Phil, could you clarify what the situation between you and John Rambo is? You two had such good chemistry; I'd hate to think you parted on bad terms. 

​He already said what happened and it is not our business to know. They grew apart it seems.

Hey Phil, I know you have been doing a best of worst of series with games. Have you thought of doing this with your vlogs. You had some funny moments from your trips and some great videos from some of the gaming conventions you attended. any thoughts of a best of worst of series from your vlogs.

Hey Phil, do you ever miss having a office job, where you were guaranteed to have a paycheck of a certain amount each week, and would you recommend anyone trying to go down the same path you went down?

Not sure if this has been asked or not, but I guess we will see.

Hey phil, Do you think John will ever visit you, or you will ever visit CT again to see old friends?

I will answer for phil. John and Phil went up a hill to do a Co-op game. John went his own separate way and never gave any reasons and phil tumbled off to the west coast. Phil already answered this, he want to be friends with John, however it is all on John to provide and answer for his lack of contact with Phil. They just grew apart and whatever happened is most likely not really any of our business. So this is unlikely to happen, especially with the economic situation phil has, he just moved, if he does go back east, it will be to visit family.

What I want to know is there any way for us, the fans, to contact John and get his answer to put this to rest. Because I feel that even though phil did answer, that people are still going to ask until John puts it to rest. :/

Edited by SenHai

Hello Phillip J Fry, It is I, the secret final boss of Bloodborne, Yharnam.

Are you a fan of the oldschool Castlevania games? If so, are you looking forward to Bloodstained, Ritual Of The Night? Do you think crowdfunded games with more creative freedom like this and Yooka Laylee are the future of gaming seeing how corrupt the triple a studios are becoming?