The King of Hate Forums
SilverSyndicate

Fallout 4 Rumor Mentioned

A report (and a rumor, so take this with a grain of salt) that Fallout 4 will not only get a reveal, it'll also get a 20 to 30 minute demo (behind "closed doors") at this year's E3. That sound is the relief of all the Fallout fans sighing collectively at once, because finally we might get a new Fallout 4.

Here's IGN: (links don't work so http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/05/07/fallout-4-rumor-puts-reveal-at-bethesdas-press-conference )

A German gaming site is reporting a rumor that Bethesda will officially reveal Fallout 4 at the end of its E3 press conference next month. Citing a trusted, but anonymous source, German http://www.pcgames.de/Fallout-4-PC-218722/News/Insider-20-30-Minuten-Gameplay-Video-auf-Bethesdas-E3-Pressekonferenz-1158384/ said that the company will show off a detailed, closed-doors video of gameplay.

The site reports the demo will be between 20 and 30 minutes in length. Back in February, http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/02/10/bethesda-hosting-its-first-ever-e3-conference-in-2015, setting the internet ablaze with wild speculation over the conference's purpose.

You can read more through the link above, and here is VG247 ( http://www.vg247.com/2015/05/07/fallout-4-demo-e3-2015-rumor/ )

Fallout 4 was confirmed to be http://www.vg247.com/2008/09/01/saying-fallout-4s-on-the-way-is-like-saying-theres-a-fifa-next-year-says-hines/ in the future http://www.vg247.com/2008/08/01/bethesda-confirms-fallout-4-explains-360-as-lead-machine-for-fallout-3/, and back in 2012 http://www.vg247.com/2012/08/20/fallout-4-setting-and-plot-revealed-report/. More rumors of a Boston setting http://www.vg247.com/2013/12/11/fallout-4-casting-call-documents-confirm-boston-setting-rumour/ via a purported casting call sheet.

What do you guys think? Where would you like this new Fallout to be set?

EDIT: It would be nice if the links worked. Also, if this is in the wrong place, sorry.

Edited by SilverSyndicate

makes me wonder if Microsoft and Bethesda have a marketing deal lined up where Fallout 4 will get seen by the media behind closed doors the night before but Bethesda says "Watch tomorrow to see the exclusive first hand trailer and gameplay!" which is where Microsoft opens their E3 with a Fallout 4 trailer and a section of the demo the media loved to showcase the day after. Would be a smart move since there will be interest and curiosity from many after this media closed door meeting and it becomes the opening "bomb" from Microsoft. 

Not getting my hopes up, but I seriously hope they go with a different engine with Fallout 4. No more floating off the ground.

The game will get announced and come out later this year, I'm about 85% sure of that. 

Not getting my hopes up, but I seriously hope they go with a different engine with Fallout 4. No more floating off the ground.

​It'll use the same engine as Skyrim, I'd bet everything I own on it. That isn't a bad thing though in my opinion as they'll obviously improve it and Skyrim still looks beautiful. The issue with the engine is down to the gameplay, but considering Fallout doesn't have nearly as much focus on melee weapons, some of the faults can ostensibly be "ignored".

Also, easy as shit to make mods for. I genuinely feel sad for anyone playing Bethesda games on consoles.

The game will get announced and come out later this year, I'm about 85% sure of that. 

​It'll use the same engine as Skyrim, I'd bet everything I own on it. That isn't a bad thing though in my opinion as they'll obviously improve it and Skyrim still looks beautiful. The issue with the engine is down to the gameplay, but considering Fallout doesn't have nearly as much focus on melee weapons, some of the faults can ostensibly be "ignored".

Also, easy as shit to make mods for. I genuinely feel sad for anyone playing Bethesda games on consoles.

​It'll be announced, definitely, but I can't see it coming out this year. Early next year, sure, maybe May, possibly January but that seems like a bit of a stretch. As for the engine, I would think it would use it as well, but I know with this new generation of graphics it's going to be really beautiful to look at. The only issue they have to work with is the AI.

​It'll be announced, definitely, but I can't see it coming out this year. Early next year, sure, maybe May, possibly January but that seems like a bit of a stretch. As for the engine, I would think it would use it as well, but I know with this new generation of graphics it's going to be really beautiful to look at. The only issue they have to work with is the AI.

​2015 fits their release schedule though. They'd also be one of the only massively hyped titles coming out late this year, and they could make a massive splash at E3 by simply just announcing it'd be release this fall/holiday.

Oblivion - 2006

Fallout 3 - 2008

Skyrim - 2011

It's been 4 years since the last Bethesda developed game. Considering Fallout 4 (or at least a new Fallout game) has been a poorly kept secret for a while now, I don't think it'd be unrealistic for them to release it this year.

• Upvote 1

​2015 fits their release schedule though. They'd also be one of the only massively hyped titles coming out late this year, and they could make a massive splash at E3 by simply just announcing it'd be release this fall/holiday.

Oblivion - 2006

Fallout 3 - 2008

Skyrim - 2011

It's been 4 years since the last Bethesda developed game. Considering Fallout 4 (or at least a new Fallout game) has been a poorly kept secret for a while now, I don't think it'd be unrealistic for them to release it this year.

​Yeah, I can see what you mean. It's been in development for so long that there wouldn't be any better time than right now. I'm personally looking forward to it. I can't imagine what it'll look like with next-gen graphics. Despite Skyrim's faults (and it had many), it is still a really good game. The map for that game was huge, so I'm hoping they follow up with an even bigger map to explore (not to say bigger means better, I won't say no to a smaller map).

I was actually quite disappointed by Skyrim. The world was massive, yes, but it was very empty and.. snowy. It felt cold, but not the way they wanted to. The questlines were also completely forgettable compared to both Oblivion and Fallout 3 - seriously, nothing memorable springs to mind from Skyrim other than the dragon encounters, and even those became a nuisance more than an "event" after a while. Still, I somewhat enjoyed my time with it and it certainly wasn't a bad game by any means, but I wouldn't rank it over Morrowind, Oblivion or Fallout 3.

It's why I'm hyped about this. I want a new great Bethesda RPG. It's been 7 years.

I ruined the gaming experience in Skyrim by leveling up far too much and having swords that done extreme damage (400 damage in one sword) which, while fun, really made the game boring and not challenging at all. That's on my behalf, so I think if they were going to do the same thing, they should somehow cap it. If you can exploit a loophole like I did, you can have weapons that do insane damage that it ruins the game.

I think they need to go smaller. Maybe even more personal. I haven't given up on Bethesda just yet. My favourite so far is Fallout 3, even New Vegas. If the rumours are true and this new game will be set in Boston, that'll be cool.

Rumour: Guillermo del Toro's production company creating Fallout 4 trailer.

Seems pretty legit!
[Update: We received an email from Mirada Studios demanding we pull this story. A representative cited inaccuracies, but also confirmed the story was breaking a non-disclosure agreement. As nobody at Destructoid signed an NDA, we're assuming that confirms somebody else broke NDA. I wonder who might be in trouble.]

Mirada Studios, a CG studio set up by Guillermo del Toro to work on narrative based trailers for companies including Nintendo and Disney, apparently spent four months working on a cinematic trailer for Fallout 4, according to the LinkedIn profile of a 3D contract artist. 

MZUA7yM.jpg

http://www.destructoid.com/rumour-guillermo-del-toro-s-production-company-creating-fallout-4-trailer-291924.phtml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter