The King of Hate Forums
God_Revan

Tips & Help Thread: The Witcher 3 - The Wild Hunt

Well ladies and gents, here we are with one of the most highly anticipated games of 2015 and been requested for the past 4 years. I'm looking forward to see what kind of improvements there are on Witcher 3 that we haven't seen in Witcher 2. I love the RPG type games and you guys will be a very extensive list here with me to enjoy. So I hope you all will be here to help me in this journey! Have Fun & Enjoy!!!

Disclaimer: Please note that in all Tips & Help Threads, there will be NO kind of Story-Related Spoilers in their list. All lists will be kept as Spoiler-Free as possible. I advice everyone that provides their own tips and suggestions to not give any kind of Story-Relate Spoilers that will ruin the immersion and fun of other players. Please be respectful and appreciative. Thank You. Also keep in mind that the information that I'm putting is based off a certain part that I'm playing the game or up to a certain part of a Playthrough I'm watching. If there are any errors, please help fix them.

1. I highly advice to explore around the first area of the game after you reach a Tavern. Just explore before doing Main or Side Quests.

2. Fight with as many monsters you can and collect as many items you possibly can to sell or dismantle.

3. Upon using your Witcher Senses, there will be items that will be highlighted in red that you can interact with them.

4. When in a quest, there will be a path on your mini-map so you know where to go.

5. If you cannot obtain the save file from Witcher 2, DO NOT WORRY! There will be parts in the game in which you can declare what happened in your version of Witcher 2, This is similar to what was done in Star Wars: Knight Of The Old Republic 2 – The Sith Lords.

6. Using the Aard Sign can put out flames. Use it when necessary.

7. Go to Options, Display and search to turn on Witcher Senses on Mini Map on. It will help ALOT when you cant see what you're looking for visibly on the game.

8. Time your parries to preform a perfect counter attack.

9. Signs consume stamina so use them with strategy in mind and not willy nilly.

10. When using Axii on your opponent, it will disorient them. They also have a chance to execute a Critical Hit, which will insta-kill.

11. Always be careful when using swords. Steel is for Humans/Non-Humans and Silver is for Monsters.

12. Keep an eye on your horse's fear level. If it panics, it will buck you off and bolt. You can calm it down with Axii.

13. Always search around for books, they always have information about monsters, which will help you kill them faster and learn their weaknesses.

14. Igni is SUPER Effective against Werewolves.

15. Combat is far more faster pace than its predecessor, so keep you fingers ready to dodge, rolling or parrying.

16. Enemies with Silver Bars over their heads tell you that you should use the Silver Sword to attack them.

17. If your horse's stamina is close to deplete, stop for a moment as it regenerates.

18. You start with a 60Lb inventory limit. You will be able to increase the weight along the way with a Satchel.

19. Asking around Inns is a great place of getting information. If someone is just being an asshole, use Axii to persuade them.

20. When taking quest from notice boards, ? Marks will tell you there is a potential point of interest to a quest.

21. When unlocking a Place Of Power for the first time, you'll be granted a free Ability Point.

22. Aside from shops, diagrams can be found all around the world, providing upgrades to your armor and new armor pieces. Keep an eye inside lakes or caves.

23. If an enemy has a red skull on top of them, they are higher level than you. How high? The level is highlighted in green next to its health

24. Going to the Bestiary, will tell you everything you have learned of the beast, even their weaknesses.

25. By using light armor, it will not provide much protection but it will help regenerate stamina much faster.

26. Medium/Heavy Armors absorb more damage but Stamina regenerates less than with Light Armor equipped.

27. If you want to fast travel, you must be off your horse and next to a sign post.

28. Upon getting an ability, you must equip it before it can have an effect on you.

29. By killing enemies and monsters, you'll be granted their information in the Bestiary.

30. If you're playing Normal or below difficulty, meditating for 1 hour will replenish your health.

31. This is simple. Poison Cloud + Igni = KABOOM!!! Cloud regens after 10 secs.

32. Meditation also restores your Potions,Bombs etc. if you have a bottle of alcohol in your inventory.

33. There are places where you can get a temporary buff to your weapons and armor and it's unlimited. They are sometimes guarded by enemies.

34. Using mutagens of the same color as your equipped skills buffs the mutagen depending on how many abilities of the same color you have equipped.

35. Bears are not monsters albeit they drop Monsters Blood.

36. Specialized Witcher equipment is better than common equipments.

37. If you're fighting a mob of enemies, is best to use Yrden to slow them down.

38. Adrenaline causes your attacks to be more powerful. Gain adrenaline by attacking your enemies.

39. When fighting 1-3 enemies, using Axii is the way to go at times because it will stun them 100% of the time.

40. If an enemy has a skull above their heads, they will Insta-Kill you.

41. To get honeycombs, you need to use Igni to burn the hive and pick it up.

42. When finding tool kits or repair kits, its is ABSOLUTELY better to use them to fix very rare or powerful weapons and armor than using smiths. They will charge you a FUCK TON of Crowns just to get them fixed up and it isn't worth it. Always use Repair Kits on rare stuff

43. To better fight Wraiths, use Yrden or Moon Dust Bombs to make them solid once more.

44. Using the crossbow underwater against enemies seem to 1-3 shot them down.

45. You can block and deflect arrows if you get the appropriate skill.

46. The fate of individuals and at times, who communities hang on the balance of your decision. Be wise.

47. Quests highlighted in green mean you are able to do them. On Red and death skull mean lots of trouble.

48. Non-Monster opponents have limited Stamina. When they run out of stamina, they can't fight as effective.

49. Drinking White Honey will remove all toxicity off your body.

50. Attacking while being ON a Horse most of the time will INSTA-Kill your enemies. This is probably depending on Weapon. Note sure entirely but I've seen it happen.

51. Attack underwater enemies with the crossbow. 100% Insta-Kill!

52. If you hold the Parry button (L2 on PS4), you can press the left or right d-pad buttons to quickly change your Witcher sign without opening up the wheel

53. In Novigrad you can buy Shells/Sea Shells then dismantle them then sell the pearls you got from dismantling and boom your money problems are gone

54. Left stick moves the selection cursor by one square at a time.Right stick moves the selection cursor by one section at a time. For instance: flick the right stick to jump over to Geralt's equipped items or a merchant's inventory, or up into the different categories. You won't have to keep moving with the left stick one by one until you get where you want to go .

55. TBA

Thank you everyone for coming here and those that have the desire to help others in improving their game. This post will be under constant updating when it is required or when someone has information they wish to share with the community. I appreciate everyone that comes here and give a helping hand to others. If you all enjoyed this thread and the information given, please UpVote the post and share your thoughts. The Tips & Help Threads are here to help anyone and everyone in their time of need. If you have questions, don't be afraid to ask and the answer will come to you. Now I explained in the Rules Thread but I will say it again, please remain on topic and provide tips; this is not a general discussion of the game. Once again, Thank you!

Credits To The Extraordinary

1. Salvador

2. Alucard

Previous Tips & Help Threads

1. Dragon Age Inquisition

2. SR4: Gat Out Of Hell

3. Dying Light

4. The Order: 1886

5. Dragon Ball Xenoverse

6. Minecraft

7. Battlefield Hardline

8. Final Fantasy Type-0

9. Bloodborne

Edited by God_Revan

Meditation restores your health so don't waste food/potions if you're not in a fight

​Yeah thx for reminding me. I completely forgot to add it. List updated

Meditation also restores your Potions,Bombs etc. if you have a bottle of alcohol in your inventory

There are places where you can get a temporary buff to your weapons and armor and it's unlimited

Using mutagens of the same color as your equipped skills buffs the mutagen depending on how many abilities of the same color you have equipped

Meditation also restores your Potions,Bombs etc. if you have a bottle of alcohol in your inventory

There are places where you can get a temporary buff to your weapons and armor and it's unlimited

Using mutagens of the same color as your equipped skills buffs the mutagen depending on how many abilities of the same color you have equipped

​Ugh! Again I keep forgetting about these ones. Thank you. I'll update and give credits.

If you hold the Parry button (L2 on PS4), you can press the left or right d-pad buttons to quickly change your Witcher sign without opening up the wheel

Also in Novigrad you can buy Shells/Sea Shells then dismantle them then sell the pearls you got from dismantling and boom your money problems are gone

Left stick moves the selection cursor by one square at a time.Right stick moves the selection cursor by one section at a time. For instance: flick the right stick to jump over to Geralt's equipped items or a merchant's inventory, or up into the different categories. You won't have to keep moving with the left stick one by one until you get where you want to go

Edited by salvador

If you hold the Parry button (L2 on PS4), you can press the left or right d-pad buttons to quickly change your Witcher sign without opening up the wheel

Also in Novigrad you can buy Shells/Sea Shells then dismantle them then sell the pearls you got from dismantling and boom your money problems are gone

Left stick moves the selection cursor by one square at a time.Right stick moves the selection cursor by one section at a time. For instance: flick the right stick to jump over to Geralt's equipped items or a merchant's inventory, or up into the different categories. You won't have to keep moving with the left stick one by one until you get where you want to go

​Need a location on the Shells/Sea Shells shop and to know what the Crown difference is when buying, dismantling and selling. If its more[sell pearls] than buying the Shells, I'll put it, if not, I won't unless there are equipment that need pearls for crafting.

And does flicking really make a difference?

Shells cost 7,Sea Shells cost 14.Close by is an Armor merchant where you dismantle and then sell.Dismantling costs 1 crown

Buying and dismantling Shells costs 8,selling Pearls nets you 109.Buying and dismantling Sea Shells costs 15,selling nets you 142

It's a merchant in Hierarch Square,close to a sign post and another Herbalist is also close by.

Well it does for me,instead of moving cursor one at a time I can instantly move it to the right and buy stuff.It's not super huge of course but it saves a bit of time

Lol another one sorry for spamming like that

L1,Square=instant meditation menu

Also this money glitch or whatever it is doesn't work on PC,I suspect it might get patched on consoles too

Edited by salvador

Lol another one sorry for spamming like that

L1,Square=instant meditation menu

Also this money glitch or whatever it is doesn't work on PC,I suspect it might get patched on consoles too

​What money glitch? The Pearl ones? How is that a glitch?

I said or whatever it is because you can't do that on PC so that means they changed it for a reason

Unless they know we can get money without any problems on PC and people on consoles can't so they left it there so people can make money easier?I don't know

Edited by salvador

Attack underwater enemies with the crossbow. 100% Insta-Kill!

for that one its auto aim and not when u aim manually

​That was already in the list for a while.

Edited by God_Revan

Regarding Gwent : The game is harsh on the newcommers but that's because there are plenty of opponents with easy decks to beat outside of quests (merchants and taverns mostly).

As for how to play the game efficiently with the starting deck :

A) When you have to pick cards, look for prince stenis. He is vital to your early strategy. If you have to reroll, reroll fog (because you have a hero card that does it), or, very weak cards that have no bonus. Always play every spy you have (cards that give points to you enemy but make you draw) turn 1. It's likely that the enemy will pass thinking he has the advantage, and then you can use a weather card to beat him.

B) Wining the first round does'nt matter, the only thing that matters is that your opponent wastes his cards. If it drags on, try using your hero card to save a turn, or just pass the first round. Usually the enemy has a better deck than you, but he plays every card in stupid order (best cards first etc). That's your cue to wining. Remember card advantage >>>>>>>>>> wining the round. It does'nt matter if you lose the first round, if you opponent as 2/3 cards less than you, he is dead anyway.

C) Keep medics, use them either on your best cards, or on the enemy spy cards than end up in your graveyard after the round. Keep in mind what I said about card advantage, you want it, not matter what, no matter when. I have never lost a gwent game because my spies gave my opponent the win.

D) buy every card you can find at every tavern, play everyone you meet. Soon the game will be easy, and gets you tons of money and quests.

Finally regarding good armors and what not : You can buy maps for where to find how to make them at blacksmiths. the first map equals the first tier of armor, and so on and so forth. This is the only way get maching gear, not to mention rather overpower gear.