The King of Hate Forums
MDCFAN101

Comic Book Talk

I have recently read the Death of Archie.  I have to say I am impressed and humbled.  They showcased a lot of love and respect for Archie Andrews, one of the most enduring and beloved characters in comics.  I hope I have the chance to read the else world story, Afterlife with Archie.  Overall: I give the Death of Archie 9/10.

​what kinds?

​Man I got a few different Batman comics like The Dark Knight Returns, The Dark Knight Strikes Again, The Man Who Laughs, The Killing Joke, Death in the family. The I also got some of the marvel masterwork collection books which has like 10 or more issues of the classica marvel comics like thor and iron man and stuff yo. It's pretty trill 

​I never said Batman is like that at all.  It is really about the person's state of mind.  Batman's stories(from the one's I read) are outstanding but I prefer Spider-Man's and Superman's stories because they have a more powerful state of mind than Batman's.  Though, Batman does have very bad mental problems.  I have always believed that deep down Batman is a great man.  It just depends on Batman himself to showcase those characteristics more consistently.  Spider-Man and Superman have better lives than him because they have been more consistent in showcasing those characteristics.  Does this make better sense now?

​I guess I just think differently the idea of a more powerful state of mind makes no sense to me. I have never heard somebody describe a frame of mind as powerful usually I hear the word different in connection with it. While I don't think someone can have a more powerful frame of mind I do think someone can have a more positive or negative frame of mind. The emotional and mental issues that batman has are probably what makes him an interesting character if you take those away he would be far less unique. I mean green arrow is basically batman but less interesting. Being more or less human has nothing to do with showing more negative traits on a day to day basis. This also goes with the idea that because Superman and Spiderman live more fulfilling lives they are more human. I feel like very strong depictions of humanity are shown when there is great conflict. If a character has hardships and is being pushed to endure it makes it that much easier to display and show prominently their humanity. I'm sure you could say that positive depictions of humanity are just as strong but to me negative depictions tend to have more of an lasting impact to the reader.

sorry,ran out of time I'll leave this up in the mean time

• Upvote 1

​Man I got a few different Batman comics like The Dark Knight Returns, The Dark Knight Strikes Again, The Man Who Laughs, The Killing Joke, Death in the family. The I also got some of the marvel masterwork collection books which has like 10 or more issues of the classica marvel comics like thor and iron man and stuff yo. It's pretty trill 

​Those are some great batman stories. Have you ever read batman year one or hush? Those marvel masterworks sound really good.

I almost forgot batman:long halloween is a good one too.

​I guess I just think differently the idea of a more powerful state of mind makes no sense to me. I have never heard somebody describe a frame of mind as powerful usually I hear the word different in connection with it. While I don't think someone can have a more powerful frame of mind I do think someone can have a more positive or negative frame of mind. The emotional and mental issues that batman has are probably what makes him a interesting character if you take those he would be far less unique. I mean green arrow is basically batman but less interesting. Being more or less human has nothing to do with showing more negative traits on a day to day basis. This also goes with the idea that because Superman and Spiderman live more fulfilling lives they are more human. I feel like very strong depictions of humanity are shown when there is great conflict. If a character has hardships and is being pushed to endure it makes it that much easier to display and show prominently their humanity. I'm sure you could say that positive depictions of humanity are just as strong but to me negative depictions tend to have more of an lasting impact to the reader.

sorry,ran out of time I'll leave this up in the mean time

​I can respect what you are saying. 

• Upvote 1

Hey guys,

Tell me some of your favorite comic book writers.

Here are some of mine:

1. Peter David

2. Mark Waid

3. Greg Pak

4. Grant Morrison

5. Stan Lee

6. Tom DeFalco

7. Todd McFarlane

8. Brian Michael Bendis

9. Paul Jenkins

10. J. Michael Straczynski

1.Alan moore

2.Bill Willingham

3. Will Eisner

4.Brian K. Vaughan

5.Geoff johns

6.Jeff Smith

7.Kurt Busiek

8.Adrian Tomine

• Upvote 1

a1.Alan moore

2.Bill Willingham

3. Will Eisner

4.Brian K. Vaughan

5.Geoff johns

6.Jeff Smith

7.Kurt Busiek

8.Adrian Tomine

​Good my man.  I heard Alan Moore is regarded by many people as the greatest comic book writer of all time.

​Good my man.  I heard Alan Moore is regarded by many people as the greatest comic book writer of all time.

​I totally agree with that. Everything he writes is too good. Watchmen blew me away.  

• Upvote 1

​Those are some great batman stories. Have you ever read batman year one or hush? Those marvel masterworks sound really good.

I almost forgot batman:long halloween is a good one too.

​Oh yeah lol I forgot, I also got Batman Year One, haven't read through it though since I've been so busy with work. I did skim through the pages and the artwork is great 

I recently went on comicvine.com and read an article about Superman's new power, Super Flare.  He gained this ability during his fight with Ulysses in Superman #38.  Personally, I think it is cool and very interesting.  Tell me your personal thoughts.

​Oh yeah lol I forgot, I also got Batman Year One, haven't read through it though since I've been so busy with work. I did skim through the pages and the artwork is great 

​that's great, batman:year one was very good. I hope you enjoy it, I certainly found it very memorable.

• Upvote 1

​I watched the animated movie, it was pretty damn good.

​I didn't even know they made an animated movie of it. It's cool that they're taking well known stories and adapting them for a wider audience.

• Upvote 1

​I didn't even know they made an animated movie of it. It's cool that they're taking well known stories and adapting them for a wider audience.

​Yep, they did.  And I enjoyed it a lot.  Frank Miller is without question a writer with immense talent but he needs to be more consistent with it.

​Yep, they did.  And I enjoyed it a lot.  Frank Miller is without question a writer with immense talent but he needs to be more consistent with it.

​How so, I read all his batman stories but i haven't read anything else by him is there anything he wrote that seemed particularly weak? 

I always wanted to read Sin City but I never got a chance to.  

​How so, I read all his batman stories but i haven't read anything else by him is there anything he wrote that seemed particularly weak? 

I always wanted to read Sin City but I never got a chance to.  

​A lot of people hated All Star Batman and Robin, the Dark Knight Strikes Again & Batman and Spawn.

I have seen the first Sin City movie, it was AMAZING!!!

​A lot of people hated All Star Batman and Robin, the Dark Knight Strikes Again & Batman and Spawn.

I have seen the first Sin City movie, it was AMAZING!!!

​That's funny, I have vol.1 of all star batman and robin. I liked it but that may have been due to the art and how humorous I found the story. I still can't get over how they painted themselves yellow to confront green lantern.

As for the other titles I'm trying to remember if I read them or not if I did I completely forgot about them...

I heard he wrote for daredevil did you ever read that stuff?

I seen the movie too and I liked it a lot which is honestly why I want to read the books

​That's funny, I have vol.1 of all star batman and robin. I liked it but that may have been due to the art and how humorous I found the story. I still can't get over how they painted themselves yellow to confront green lantern.

As for the other titles I'm trying to remember if I read them or not if I did I completely forgot about them...

I heard he wrote for daredevil did you ever read that stuff?

I seen the movie too and I liked it a lot which is honestly why I want to read the books

​No.  I have not read his run on Daredevil nor on Wolverine.  But, trust me, I do.

I forgot to mention a while back I read World War Hulk written by Greg Pak and drawn John Romita Jr.  IMO geatest hulk story ever.  The writing, character development, action scenes, & the drama were consistent, well executed, well polished, and more importantly not rushed.  The Hulk has always been a classic to me.  I have loved him since I was a kid watching reruns of the Incredible Hulk TV series from the 70s and 80s, 1996-1997 animated series, 2003 Hulk movie (yes, I liked that movie), and the 2008 Incredible Hulk movie.  The Hulk has been regarded as not only one of the most powerful characters in comics, but more importantly, as one of the most interesting characters in comics.  I loved the Hulk not only for his powers but for his character.  I absolutely love his alter ego, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner.  It is a miracle that for a guy growing in a abusive household to not become abusive himself.  Bruce Banner is a self-less, sacrificing, and heroic person.  In other words, he is a great man.  I am currently enjoying his new storyline in the comics, the Doc Green saga.  It is pretty much Hulk enhanced with Extremis.      

This may be totally different from most, but check out artist Tyler Landry, both Clav City and Shit and Piss are freaking awesome comics!

TN75Mvr.png

Had a lot of free time yesterday so I finally got to finish my paperback copies of All star Superman vol.1 and All Star Batman vol.1. I brought these both around the same time which was years ago but I finally got around to reading them now.

All Star Superman was kinda a trip down memory lane for me since I read many of the old superman comics that the volume was recreating with a more streamlined narrative that pulls together multiple stories from different times into one cohesive whole. If you like Superman I would recommend checking it out. I think they also made a film for it so there's that too.    

All Star Batman and Robin has always been the book I looked through but never fully read. I really enjoyed Jim Lee illustrations in this so much so that I only ever read the first few chapters and stared at the images.I brought the trade issues when they were initially released so I got to read some of the plot then. In hindsight, I'm really glad I did that because it let me appreciate the art so that when I finally sat down and read the full story I didn't receive such an extreme shock by how terrible the plot is. For all the things that the Superman All Star does right in narrative the Batman does all these things wrong. Still a pretty funny read overall, if you want to read something extremely stupid but very lovely than I would give this a look.

Now I really have to read sin city...   

• Upvote 1

just been reading my regular pulls like Justice League 3000,Batman Eternal,Futures End and such just been enjoying them tons along with Johns current run of Superman.But just ordered Johns Justice League vol 1-5 along with the Green Lantern Omnibus vol 1 of his run,since I want to dive right into his long GL run he had pre New 52 and then move right into New 52 GL

• Upvote 1

Had a lot of free time yesterday so I finally got to finish my paperback copies of All star Superman vol.1 and All Star Batman vol.1. I brought these both around the same time which was years ago but I finally got around to reading them now.

All Star Superman was kinda a trip down memory lane for me since I read many of the old superman comics that the volume was recreating with a more streamlined narrative that pulls together multiple stories from different times into one cohesive whole. If you like Superman I would recommend checking it out. I think they also made a film for it so there's that too.    

All Star Batman and Robin has always been the book I looked through but never fully read. I really enjoyed Jim Lee illustrations in this so much so that I only ever read the first few chapters and stared at the images.I brought the trade issues when they were initially released so I got to read some of the plot then. In hindsight, I'm really glad I did that because it let me appreciate the art so that when I finally sat down and read the full story I didn't receive such an extreme shock by how terrible the plot is. For all the things that the Superman All Star does right in narrative the Batman does all these things wrong. Still a pretty funny read overall, if you want to read something extremely stupid but very lovely than I would give this a look.

Now I really have to read sin city...   

​All Star Superman is so far my favorite comic.  Grant Morrison did an amazing job in showcasing the immense levels of humanity within Superman's character.  All Star Batman and Robin from what I saw was a terrible comic, but the artwork by Jim Lee was amazing like always. IMO his artwork is the best I've ever seen.  Hope you enjoy Sin City cuz the movie was awesome.