The King of Hate Forums
MDCFAN101

Comic Book Talk

My order of the Wii version of Spider-Man 3 came today.  I'm going to give it a shot tomorrow.  Take a breather from the Incredible Hulk for a bit.  I'm close to beating that game anyway.

So I played the Wii version of Spider-Man 3 today and TBH I find it quite fun and enjoyable.  I would love to play the 360, PS3, and PC version, but I need money and a job.

Anyways, I defeated Harry, sort of, and the H-Bomber gang.  I'm nearly done with the Dragon Tails.  There's like 9.3% of them left for me to do.  I'll finish them off before I do one of the 2 story missions.  After I do one of the story missions, I'll focus my efforts on the Apocalypse gang.

Edited by MDCFAN101

Let me tell you what I like about the PS2, PSP, and WIi version of Spider-Man 3 as well as my nitpicks

What I like:

1. The graphics, character models and character designs
  2. The amount of side content especially the Crime Patrol Missions.  I like the fact that the Crime Patrol give you massive experience for defeating gangs.
  3. The combat.  While not as good nor epic as the combat in the 360, PC, and PS3, but it still pretty effective and efficient.
  4. The open world atmosphere.
  5. Voice acting
  6. The story.  The PS2, PSP, and Wii version has a much more linear, structured, and organized story than the PS#, XBOX 360, and PC version.
  7. The additions of Shriek and Morbius.  Even though I haven't gotten that deep into the game yet, it is still good to have Morbius, one of my favorite Spider-Man characters, appear and have an impact in the story.

Nitpick:

1. The combat is not terrible, but it could've been done better.  It could've been more similar to SM2's combat.
  2. The web-swinging controls could've been better.  They're not terrible, but they could've been easier to control and master.
  3. I don't like the fact that there is no sprinting nor legit wall running like in SM2.
  4. They could've added more side content like Combat tours.
  5. The City Alerts can be pretty annoying sometimes

After 8 issues, I am here to give you guys my thoughts so far on the Immortal Hulk series. 

{Gives huge applause}. I have to say I am very, very impressed.  IMO, it is right now the best Incredible Hulk series since World War Hulk back in 2007.  The writing, artwork, cast of characters, story/plot, character development are excellent.  I like the fact that not only does the story add more depth and complexity to the Hulk's character, but that the story also has a bit of a horror and mystery & suspense vibes to it.  I'd say the Immortal Hulk is a must read especially if you're a huge Incredible Hulk fan.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, MDCFAN101 said:

After 8 issues, I am here to give you guys my thoughts so far on the Immortal Hulk series. 

{Gives huge applause}. I have to say I am very, very impressed.  IMO, it is right now the best Incredible Hulk series since World War Hulk back in 2007.  The writing, artwork, cast of characters, story/plot, character development are excellent.  I like the fact that not only does the story add more depth and complexity to the Hulk's character, but that the story also has a bit of a horror and mystery & suspense vibes to it.  I'd say the Immortal Hulk is a must read especially if you're a huge Incredible Hulk fan.

Really? I'm going to have to catch up on it. I have most of the issues of that run, but I got busy with other stuff.

25 minutes ago, GuessWhat said:

Really? I'm going to have to catch up on it. I have most of the issues of that run, but I got busy with other stuff.

Dude, it is some good stuff man.  Really good stuff.

On 9/17/2018 at 1:35 PM, MDCFAN101 said:

Same here.

Did you check out the stop motion I posted yesterday?

Students fresh out of art school making a out of simplephotoshop with minimal effects

How the reign of quantity apperas

Wait ...w hat was that..... Sorry @MDCFAN101... apprently a zombie post from a bajillion months ago abotu soem comic.. it jsut restored for some reaosn wihtout askign me, maybe i meant to writ theat back in september?

very weird..!!

Anyways, once I finish reading Marvel Nemesis: The Imperfect, the six issue limited series that ties into the video, Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfect, I will review it.

I just finished beating (pretty much for the most part) the Incredible Hulk on the Wii/Wii U.  I'll review it either tomorrow or Friday.

Edited by MDCFAN101

7 hours ago, MasterOfAwesomeness said:

You have no proof for this claim.

Exactly.  What possessed him to come up with this crap?

Edited by MDCFAN101

I just finished reading Marvel Nemesis: The Imperfects, the six issue limited series that ties into the video game Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfect.  I have to say it was a very good read.  The writing, story, story telling, and character development were excellent.  The artwork was good.  The cast of characters were excellent.  The comic did a great job in not only tying into the video game, but also leading up to the video game as well.

Grade: A

1169197884_MarvelNemesis.png.38c91c9d1e35586069f7d3ca1a9bfd0b.png

I beat Spider-Man 3 (PSP, PS2, and Wii version) on Wednesday.  I'm going to give it the same grade that I gave the Incredible Hulk game, a C+.

X-men and an X-men like comic called Young Blood, were the ones that caught my attention. Both comic series have nice characters.

But like many people of my generation, we were always more into video games, than comics. But X-men is the comic series, that kinda caught our attention. And moreso, when X-men vs. Street Fighter came out, in the arcades years later.

Edited by musicboy
  • Upvote 1