The King of Hate Forums

Comic Book Talk

8 minutes ago, MDCFAN101 said:

Hello True Believers,

Welcome to Day 14 of the 30 Day Superhero Challenge.

Today's topic is:

Favorite Superhero Sidekick

This one is a no brainer for me.  It is none other than:

image.thumb.png.044f370f165be6e40bfddf261a717903.png

Robin.  IMO, Robin is the greatest sidekick of all time.  Of course there have been many individuals to take up the mantle of Robin over the years, but IMO the best have been Richard John Grayson and Tim Drake.  These two men IMO have set the standard for what and who Robin should be.  Throughout Batman's illustrious career, Robin has always been a faithful and loyal sidekick.

So, who is your favorite superhero sidekick?

That is it for today's topic.  I'll see you guys tomorrow.  PEACE!!!

Cool, I was waiting for this. I'm going have to agree with you on this pick. The Boy wonder. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello True Believers, Welcome to Day 5 of the 30 Day Superhero Challenge. Today's topic is: Favorite Male Superhero Now, most if not some of you know who my favorite male superhero

Watched Flashpoint: Paradox for like the 5th time yesterday. It's seriously one of my favourite DC movies of all time.

The fight scene on Titan vs Thanos was epic to me. I think it was Titan. Thanos throws a freaking moon at Tony Stark LOL.  

Posted Images

Hello True Believers,

Welcome to Day 15 of the 30 Day Superhero Challenge.

Today's topic is:

Favorite Superpower

TBH, I don't exactly have a definitive #1 favorite superpower.  However, I will give you guys a favorite superpower nonetheless.  That power is:

image.png.cf0742b6dd48aece5131110cfbc299ee.png

Regeneration aka the ability to recover from injuries at an accelerating rate.  I know we humans can recover from injuries, but, imagine if we could do that at a faster and more efficient rate similar to that of Hulk, Wolverine, Deadpool, Sabretooth, and Lobo.  That would be insane if you ask me.

So, what is your favorite superpower?

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, GuessWhat said:

One of my favorite superpowers would have to be supernatural intelligence.

I just based this on one I would want. It would be cool to make stuff that Stark and Mr. Fantastic invent.

hulkBuster.thumb.GIF.0fd054a6e784e4ead33cf55f4aade5cd.GIF

Yes it would.

Hello True Believers,

Welcome to Day 16 of the 30 Day Superhero Challenge.

Today's topic is:

Favorite Superhero Team

For this topic, I'll pull one from my top 5.  As a matter of fact, my top 4.  One of my favorite superhero teams of all time is:

image.png.cd7644a82e12a18633e9f941d5fb0ed5.png

The Fantastic Four, Marvel's First Family.

I've been a fan of this legendary team since I was a kid watching re-runs of the 1967 Fantastic Four cartoon on Boomerang.  The Fantastic Four are IMO one of the great teams of all time.  They have some really good villains other than Doctor Doom and they've held their own against some of the other big bads of the Marvel Universe.  For those who don't know, the Fantastic Four were Marvel's response to DC's Justice League.  Once the Fantastic Four became a critical and commercial success, it paved the way for the likes of Spider-Man, the Hulk, Daredevil, Thor, Iron Man, Doctor Strange, the X-Men, and the Avengers to be created.  Henceforth, the Marvel Age of Heroes was born during the Silver age of Comic Books.  Although the Fantastic Four are fan favorites, they are also a bit underrated and underappreciated as well.  There are people out there who refuse to give the Fantastic Four the credit and respect that they deserve and that bothers me.  As I said earlier, the F4 have held their own against some pretty nasty bad guys in the Marvel Universe.  The F4 are also a really interesting group of characters.  I mean, you have their leader, Reed Richards, aka Mister Fantastic, who is loving husband to his beautiful wife, Susan Storm-Richards aka the Invisible Woman, as well as a loving father to Valerie and Franklin.  Reed has been considered and stated several times in the comics as possibly the smartest man on Earth.  Heck, he is also probably the smartest superhero in the Marvel Universe as well.  What I like the most about Reed is that unlike his arch-nemesis Dr. Doom and Lex Luthor from the DC Universe, Reed doesn't have a ginormous ego.  Throughout the course of his publication history, Reed has always been portrayed as a very likable person.   As for his wife, Susan, she too is a loving spouse and parent as well.  She is considered by many writers and fans to be the most powerful member of the team.  While she isn't as powerful as Storm or Jean Grey, Invisible Woman isn't exactly a pushover either.  Next, you have her brother, Johnny Storm.  He is the cocky, adventurous, prankster member of the team.  Finally, you have my personal favorite which happens to be not only the most tragic, but also the heart and soul of the team, Benjamin Jacob Grimm aka the Thing.  When you think of the Thing, you recall his famous battle cry, "It's Clobberin' Time" and his rivalry with the Incredible Hulk.  Beneath that rough and gruff exterior, is a man with a heart of gold.  In other words, like Superman, Captain Marvel (Billy Batson), and Captain America, Ben Grimm has the characteristics of a true hero.

So, what superhero team is your favorite?

Edited by MDCFAN101
  • Upvote 1

The Avengers are my pick. Yes, my interest in them skyrocketed because of the MCU. I have been reading that superhero team's comics more than any other.

theAvengers.thumb.GIF.1de4da1a84fc25ca1ee63b522807838d.GIF

Anyways, @MDCFAN101 have you ever seen the 1940's Superman animated series?

If not, I think you would enjoy them

Edited by GuessWhat
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, GuessWhat said:

The Avengers are my pick. Yes, my interest in them skyrocketed because of the MCU. I have been reading that superhero team's comics more than any other.

theAvengers.thumb.GIF.1de4da1a84fc25ca1ee63b522807838d.GIF

That's awesome man.  What is your favorite Avengers story?

7 hours ago, GuessWhat said:

Anyways, @MDCFAN101 have you ever seen the 1940's Superman animated series?

If not, I think you would enjoy them

Yes, I have watched the Fleischer Superman cartoons from the '40s.  They are without question in my mind amazing and an absolute must watch.

Hello True Believers,

Welcome to Day 17 of the 30 Day Superhero Challenge.

Today's topic is:

Most Epic Fight Scene Ever

For this topic I will give you three.  One from a movie, one from a tv show, and one from a comic.

One of my favorite epic fights scenes from the movies is:

Spider-Man vs Doc Ock on the train in Spider-Man 2.  Without question, it is the greatest fight scene in Spider-Man movie history IMO.  The only scene that rivals this IMO was Spidey's final fight with Mysterio in Far From Home.  This fight scene IMO showcases just how good and unique of a fighter Spider-Man is.  I remember my Dad telling me when I was a kid that Spidey is usually very good in his fights.  TBH, I always felt Spidey was a underrated fighter.  Granted he is not quite skilled and efficient like Captain America or Batman, but Peter can still throw down pretty well.  Even though he gained some skills and expertise in martial arts, Spider-Man has always been known for being more of a free style fighter.  Nonetheless, this fight scene is amazing.  It does a great job in showcasing Spider-Man's speed, agility, reflexes, and strength.

One of my favorite epic fight scenes from television is:

Superman vs Mongul in Justice League Unlimited Season 1 Episode 2 "For The Man Who Has Everything."  This episode was an adaptation of the comic storyline that took place Superman Annual Vol. 1 # 11 back in 1985.  The storyline was written by Alan Moore and drawn by Dave Gibbons.  For those who are unfamiliar with this story, allow me to explain.  The story begins with Batman and Wonder Woman entering the Fortress of Solitude to prepare gifts for Superman's birthday.  All of a sudden, they see Superman ensnared by an alien plant called, The Black Mercy.  Then, Mongul, out of the shadows, appears and explains to the heroes that the Black Mercy is consuming on Superman's bio-aura while feeding him a realistic dream based on his heart's deepest desire. In his catatonic state, Superman dreams of a normal life on his long-destroyed home planet of Krypton, happily married to Lyla Lerrol with children.  Mongul then proceeds to attack the heroes.  Meanwhile, Superman is enjoying his dream of living on Krypton with a family.  Despite the heroes best efforts, they are no match for Mongul.  In order to turn the tide, Batman goes over to Superman to help the Man of Steel break free from his catatonic state.  When Superman finally realizes the reality he is in isn't real, he breaks free from the Black Mercy which then latches itself onto Batman putting him in an catatonic state which causes him to dream of his father, Thomas Wayne, standing up to Joe Chill, the man who murdered Batman's parents.  Now free of the Black Mercy, Superman rushes over and engages Mongul in a brutal fight.  Meanwhile, Wonder Woman rushes over to free Batman from the Black Mercy.  With Wonder Woman's encouragement, Batman breaks free from the Black Mercy which then tries to latch onto Wonder Woman.  Before Mongul could finish Superman off, Wonder Woman throws the Black Mercy on him putting Mongul in a catatonic state where he dreams of killing off the heroes.  The fight between Superman and Mongul was nothing short of sensational.  It was without question in my mind one of Superman's most brutal and epic fights of all time.  What I also loved about this fight is that it did a great of showing Superman's human side as well.

Finally, one of my favorite epic fight scenes from the comics is:

Hulk vs. Red Hulk in Hulk Vol. 2 #24.  This fight takes during the grand finale of the World War Hulks event.  What else can I say, it is two Hulks beating the crap out of each other.  In this issue, the Hulkster takes on General Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross aka the Red Hulk in his Green Scar/"Worldbreaker" persona.  The fight between the two is awesome.  The fight really showed how much animosity these two characters have for each other.

So, what is the most epic fight scene you ever saw?

• Upvote 1

Just to change from "The Boys", I remember years ago taking a look at a comic where Doc Samson, (I had to look it up, because I barely remember it), fights the Hulk & some others. Not sure how the fight was, but I remember him butting in, in the middle of something and taking some cheap shots at everyone before getting tackled. I like him.

Doc.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, MoraMoria said:

Just to change from "The Boys", I remember years ago taking a look at a comic where Doc Samson, (I had to look it up, because I barely remember it), fights the Hulk & some others. Not sure how the fight was, but I remember him butting in, in the middle of something and taking some cheap shots at everyone before getting tackled. I like him.

Doc.jpg

I like Doc Samson too.

Hello True Believers,

Welcome to Day 18 of the 30 Day Superhero Challenge.

Today's topic is:

Favorite Non-Super Male Supporting Character

For this topic, I will give you guys two.

The first character I will talk about is:

image.thumb.png.345ed935d6f588c22d2362bb4d6355d7.png

Commissioner James Gordon of the Gotham City Police Department.  I've been a huge fan of this character ever since I was a kid.  As far as I am concerned, he is not only one of Batman's greatest allies and friends, but also, one of his greatest supporting characters as well.  What I admire a lot about Jim Gordon is that not only he is a good cop, but a good man as well.  Hell, he is probably the best cop in the entire DC Universe.  Throughout my years of following the Batman lore, I love the fact that he has been portrayed beautifully in various forms of media including the Christopher Nolan Batman trilogy.  I think most if not all of us will agree that Gary Oldman was an amazing Commissioner Gordon.

The second and final character I will talk about is:

image.thumb.png.e9a0a12779bcf3919f08555adebf11f8.png

Alfred Pennyworth.  I know this is going to come out as a bold statement, but screw it.  I don't think you can ever become a Batman fan without loving this character.  Alfred is not only Batman's butler, he is his mentor and father figure.  This is the man that raised Bruce following the death of his parents and instilled powerful moral values onto him.  Alfred is a huge reason why Batman is the legend that he is today.  Alfred is probably if not arguably Batman's greatest supporting character next to Jim Gordon.  I think it is safe to say that Alfred has been portrayed very well throughout various forms of media including the Christopher Nolan Batman trilogy.  IMO, Michael Caine was the best Alfred we had in the movies.  

So, who is your favorite non-super male supporting character?

Edited by MDCFAN101
  • Upvote 1

Hello True Believers,

Welcome to Day 19 of the 30 Day Superhero Challenge.

Today's topic is:

Favorite Non-Super Female Supporting Character

For this topic I will give you guys three.

The first female supporting character I will talk about is:

image.thumb.png.1660f5c5985927126dce8f98953a707a.png

Aunt May.  In many ways, I always felt that she was Spider-Man's equivalent to Superman's Martha Kent.  Why you may ask?  Because she has been Spider-Man's surrogate mother.  She along with Uncle Ben raised Peter, loved him, nurtured him, and instilled very powerful moral values onto him.  She is a huge reason why Spidey is the legend that he is today.  I think we can all agree that she has been portrayed very well in various forms of media.  However, I have to say that the best Aunt May we had in the movies was Rosemary Harris.   For those who don't know, she portrayed the character in the original Spider-Man trilogy that was directed by Sam Raimi.  She not only looked the part, she played the part flawlessly.  No disrespect to Marisa Tomei, she has done a great job as the character in the MCU.  It is just that I feel Rosemary Harris was more faithful to the character.

The second female character I will talk about is:

309579983_MaryJaneWatson.jpg.6376b891e33b6d8be66bc0302b07ddad.jpg

Mary Jane Watson, the best friend, confidant, and at one point in time, the wife of Spider-Man.  I've been a huge of fan of this character ever since I was a kid.  My introduction to this character was through the original Spider-Man trilogy in which Kirsten Dunst portrayed the character.  However, my fandom was through the 1994 Spider-Man animated series in which Sarah Ballentine voiced the character.  IMO, she and Peter are made and meant for each other.  I do hope and pray that they do get back together and remarry.  I personally find her backstory very unique, interesting, and compelling.  IMO, she is one of the most well written and well developed female characters of all time.

The third and final female character I will talk about is:

image.thumb.png.fad35580fd71d956e76e6b7e8d46dd17.png

Lois Lane.  

Now I know there are some people out there that I have issues with this character.  Me on the other hand, do not.  I personally find Lois Lane to be an excellent character.  As a matter of fact, I think she is one of the best, one of the most well-written, and one of the most well developed female characters of all time.  You want to talk about a character that has been consistently portrayed as not only a great love interest, but also a great supporting character for Superman, that's Lois Lane for you.  As far as I am concerned, Lois Lane and Superman were made and meant for each other.  For those who want to know why the Superman and Lois Lane relationship is so popular, enduring, and iconic, it is because Lois Lane not only increases Superman's love for humanity, but also his own humanity as well.  For many years, us Superman fans have felt that in many ways Lois is Clark's equal.  I think it is safe to say that she has been portrayed throughout various forms of media especially in the original Christopher Reeve Superman movies by Margot Kidder.  While I love Amy Adams' portrayal of the character in the DCEU, I have to say that Margot Kidder was the best Lois Lane we had in the movies.  

So, who is your favorite non-super female supporting character.

• Upvote 1
19 hours ago, GuessWhat said:

I like your choices. Im basically just going to add  to your list.

So every non-super female supporting character @MDCFAN101 has and Maria Hill

mariaHill.thumb.JPG.70881d821ccad8f96877b48f45b24bc4.JPG

TBH, I like her MCU counterpart more than her comic book counterpart.  Why?  Because in the comics she is a bitch.

Edited by MDCFAN101

Hello True Believers,

Welcome to Day 20 of the 30 Day Superhero Challenge.

Today's topic is:

Favorite Villain Team

To be quite honest, I really don't have a definitive #1 favorite villain team.  However, I will give you guys a villain team that I do like for the sake of this topic.  That villain team is:

image.thumb.png.54aadde94e940d9a33d0340958fcd3cd.png

The U-Foes.  For those who are not familiar with these characters, the U-Foes are a group of villains from the Incredible Hulk's rogues gallery.  They made their first appearance in the Incredible Hulk Vol. 1 #254 (December, 1980).  In a lot of ways they are an evil version of the Fantastic Four.  Their origin is similar to and was inspired by the Fantastic Four.  However, unlike the Fantastic Four, the U-Foes deliberately exposed themselves to cosmic radiation.  Here is a brief rundown of each member:

• Simon Utrecht aka Vector has the ability of psychokinesis.  He is the leader of the group and the one that inspired them to get themselves exposed to cosmic radiation.
  • Ann Darnell aka Vapor has the ability to transform herself into any form of gas.
  • Jimmy Darnell aka X-Ray has the abilities of flight, radiation manipulation and projection, and invisibility.  However, unlike Johnny Storm, he cannot change back from his radiated form.
  • Michael Steel aka Ironclad possesses superhuman strength, stamina, durability, invulnerability as well as the ability of mass/density manipulation.  Meaning he can change his weight without changing his size.

While their name may not be as impressive as their powers, they are no joke.  They have gone toe-to-toe with other Marvel heroes like Spider-Man, Thor, and the Avengers.

So, what villain team is your favorite?

• Upvote 1