The King of Hate Forums

Comic Book Talk

This would be easier if it was the supervillains; however, I would pick Captain Marvel.

I don't know man, but in the comics and animated shows, the current person that holds the mantle of captain marvel is annoying. If the Captain Marvel character truly died after Mar-vell died I wouldn't mind.

captainBrie.thumb.JPG.bf413613b023c461313c1059e07c588b.JPG

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello True Believers, Welcome to Day 5 of the 30 Day Superhero Challenge. Today's topic is: Favorite Male Superhero Now, most if not some of you know who my favorite male superhero

Watched Flashpoint: Paradox for like the 5th time yesterday. It's seriously one of my favourite DC movies of all time.

The fight scene on Titan vs Thanos was epic to me. I think it was Titan. Thanos throws a freaking moon at Tony Stark LOL.  

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, GuessWhat said:

This would be easier if it was the supervillains; however, I would pick Captain Marvel.

I don't know man, but in the comics and animated shows, the current person that holds the mantle of captain marvel is annoying. If the Captain Marvel character truly died after Mar-vell died I wouldn't mind.

captainBrie.thumb.JPG.bf413613b023c461313c1059e07c588b.JPG

TBH, I don't find Carol Danvers to be annoying at all.

2 hours ago, GuessWhat said:

That's fine. It's just my opinion.

Oh I know.  I've heard that a lot of people don't like her.  My introduction to her was through the first Marvel Ultimate Alliance game.  My fandom though, was through the 2010 animated series, Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes in which she was voiced by Jennifer Hale.

Hello True Believers,

Welcome to Day 25 of the 30 Day Superhero Challenge.

Today's topic is:

Least Favorite Superhero

TBH, there are only a few handful of superheroes I don't like.  As a matter of fact, I don't have a definitive #1 least favorite superhero.  However, for the sake of the topic, I will give you guys a least favorite superhero.  That hero is:

image.thumb.png.40f721485e87afdf2c151c84abd01836.png

Green Lantern (Guy Gardner).  As much as I love the Green Lantern Corps., I can't stand Guy Gardner.  I consider this person to be such a douche and smart ass.  When I saw him get knocked out by Batman with a single punch in the comics and in the animated series, Batman: The Brave and the Bold, I wasn't just happy, I got ecstatic.  My introduction to this character was in fact through the Batman: Brave and the Bold animated series.  Through that show, I developed a pretty big disgust for the character.

So, who is your least favorite superhero?

That is it for today's topic.  I'll see you guys tomorrow.  PEACE!!!

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, GuessWhat said:

I would pick Captain Marvel, Carl Manvers, but I remembered Riri Williams existed.

So my pick is Riri Williams aka Ironheart. In the voice of DSP, "get her outta here"

rereWilliams.thumb.JPG.843ea9e0d7652ed31d739e6b251d0877.JPG

If you don't mind me asking, what do you dislike about Ironheart?

22 minutes ago, MDCFAN101 said:

If you don't mind me asking, what do you dislike about Ironheart?

The character overall. She was written to play the victim at one time in a scene at her school.

It was something like the teacher was praising her for her good work but Rere still had some kind of feelings of being the victim. In addition, she did some illegal shit towards the country where Dr. Doom is the ruler.

Lastly, it seems like Marvel was just too excited to replace 

Spoiler

Tony Stark when he got killed by Carl Manvers

1 hour ago, GuessWhat said:

The character overall. She was written to play the victim at one time in a scene at her school.

It was something like the teacher was praising her for her good work but Rere still had some kind of feelings of being the victim. In addition, she did some illegal shit towards the country where Dr. Doom is the ruler.

Lastly, it seems like Marvel was just too excited to replace 

Hide contents

Tony Stark when he got killed by Carl Manvers

Well he didn't get killed by Carol, he was actually put into a coma.

6 minutes ago, GuessWhat said:

Cool. My point was that they wanted to replace him with someone else.

Well, they did the same thing in a way with Peter Parker from Earth 1610 aka the Ultimate Universe with Miles Morales.  Initially, people didn't like him at first either.  But overtime, he grew in popularity.

1 hour ago, MDCFAN101 said:

Well, they did the same thing in a way with Peter Parker from Earth 1610 aka the Ultimate Universe with Miles Morales.  Initially, people didn't like him at first either.  But overtime, he grew in popularity.

You are right about the replacement. However, what universe did that take place in? Was it Marvel universe 616?

1 minute ago, GuessWhat said:

You are right about the replacement. However, what universe did that take place in? Was it Marvel universe 616?

I just said it in my post:

1 hour ago, MDCFAN101 said:

Hello True Believers,

Welcome to Day 26 of the 30 Day Superhero Challenge.

Today's topic is:

Favorite Quote From Any Superhero

I have many favorite superhero quotes, but I will only give you a few.

Here they are:

• "Don't make me angry.  You wouldn't like me when I'm angry."

- Bruce Banner/Incredible Hulk

• "I'm the best there is at what I do but what I do best isn't very nice."

- Wolverine (James Howlett/Logan)

• "I am vengeance.  I am the night.  I am Batman!"

- Batman (Bruce Wayne)

So, what is your favorite quote from any superhero?

Hello True Believers,

Welcome to Day 27 of the 30 Day Superhero Challenge.

Today's topic is:

Comic, Animation, or Live Action

I gotta be honest with you guys, while I owe most of my fandom to animation and live action, I gotta go with the comics on this.  Why?  Because that is how it all started.  I mean most superhero movies, tv shows, and video games are based on famous comic book storylines.  Granted there have been some bad comics over the years.  As a matter of fact, I hated both Civil War events Marvel did, but I gotta say, Captain America: Civil War did a much better job with the whole superhero civil war thing a lot better than the comics did.  Nonetheless, the comics most of the time do a better job in portraying the characters than the movies and tv shows do.  Why do I say this?  Because the comics are the ones that gave birth to many of the greatest and most popular superheroes of all time and the creators know them the best.

So, what do you guys prefer, comics, animation, or live action?

• Upvote 1

Yea, Im going to go with the comics first, then animation and lastly live action. 

I mean the superhero animated shows and live action movies probably would not exist if the comic didn't exist at first.

If it wasn't for the comics, the other two probably would not exist.

I agree with what you said except for the Civil War thing. That's not a bad thing people just like different stuff.

Edited by GuessWhat
  • Like 1
25 minutes ago, GuessWhat said:

Yea, Im going to go with the comics first, then animation and lastly live action. 

I mean the superhero animated shows and live action movies probably would not exist if the comic didn't exist at first.

If it wasn't for the comics, the other two probably would not exist.

I agree with what you said except for the Civil War thing. That's not a bad thing people just like different stuff.

I should said IMO regarding the Civil War event comics.  I did not care for both of those comics.