The King of Hate Forums

Comic Book Talk

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello True Believers, Welcome to Day 5 of the 30 Day Superhero Challenge. Today's topic is: Favorite Male Superhero Now, most if not some of you know who my favorite male superhero

Watched Flashpoint: Paradox for like the 5th time yesterday. It's seriously one of my favourite DC movies of all time.

The fight scene on Titan vs Thanos was epic to me. I think it was Titan. Thanos throws a freaking moon at Tony Stark LOL.  

Posted Images

received_1079305015838104.thumb.jpeg.6344a670f918385342a0c9127d5aa79f.jpeg

this is pretty accurate 

Arrow Ended
Supergirl ending
Black Lightning ending
The Flash probably close to ending 
Legends still going strong
Batwoman S2 i barely even care
Superman & Lois is just statting

Edited by sateler96

Whiz Comics Vol. 1 #2 - Review

The Positives: 

• The writing, narrative, and storytelling by Bill Parker is fantastic.  He did a great job in giving us the backstory & origin of Captain Marvel/Billy Batson.
  • The artwork by C.C. Beck is beautiful.
  • The action is top notch.

The Negatives:

• None.  I absolutely enjoyed the comic.

Overall: The is definitely among the best Golden Age superhero comics I've ever read.

Grade: A+

image.png.b44eb1ec61857e3703d40e74fe6f5089.png

Edited by MDCFAN101

You know, I've been wanting to talk about this for quite some time.  Why is it that the animated films do a much better job in showcasing Superman's rogues gallery than the live action films?  If you take a look at the live action Superman films that we have gotten over the years, Lex Luthor has been used the most.  He was the main villain in Superman (1978), one of the main villains in Superman II, the main villain in Superman IV & the main villain in Superman Returns.  Like what the hell man!  I get it that Lex Luthor is supposed to be Superman's arch-nemesis and all, but on a physical level, he doesn't pose as a threat to Superman unless he uses his famous power suit.  Superman IMO has not only one of the most extensive, but also, one of the best rogues galleries of all time.  As far as I am concerned, he has better and more interesting villains that just Lex Luthor.  Some of his best villains include Metallo, Parasite, Toyman, Silver Banshee, Mongul, Mongul II, Cyborg Superman (Hank Henshaw), Livewire, Zod (who has been used in Superman movies twice), Intergang, Bizarro, Mr. Mxyzptlk, and my personal favorite of them all, Brainiac.  I do hope that if WB decides to give us a Man of Steel 2, that they will use a different villain because overusing Lex Luthor is just bad and stupid.  As I said before, Superman has an excellent rogues gallery IMO.  It needs to be better represented in the live action films ASAP.  

1 hour ago, MDCFAN101 said:

You know, I've been wanting to talk about this for quite some time.  Why is it that the animated films do a much better job in showcasing Superman's rogues gallery than the live action films?  If you take a look at the live action Superman films that we have gotten over the years, Lex Luthor has been used the most.  He was the main villain in Superman (1978), one of the main villains in Superman II, the main villain in Superman IV & the main villain in Superman Returns.  Like what the hell man!  I get it that Lex Luthor is supposed to be Superman's arch-nemesis and all, but on a physical level, he doesn't pose as a threat to Superman unless he uses his famous power suit.  Superman IMO has not only one of the most extensive, but also, one of the best rogues galleries of all time.  As far as I am concerned, he has better and more interesting villains that just Lex Luthor.  Some of his best villains include Metallo, Parasite, Toyman, Silver Banshee, Mongul, Mongul II, Cyborg Superman (Hank Henshaw), Livewire, Zod (who has been used in Superman movies twice), Intergang, Bizarro, Mr. Mxyzptlk, and my personal favorite of them all, Brainiac.  I do hope that if WB decides to give us a Man of Steel 2, that they will use a different villain because overusing Lex Luthor is just bad and stupid.  As I said before, Superman has an excellent rogues gallery IMO.  It needs to be better represented in the live action films ASAP.  

Its never gonna happen since WB dont know what to do with Superman sadly and mainly most general audiences just know Darkseid, Brainiac, Bizarro, Lex, and Zod

Its not like Batman when everyone onows his rouges gallery 

18 minutes ago, sateler96 said:

Its never gonna happen since WB dont know what to do with Superman sadly and mainly most general audiences just know Darkseid, Brainiac, Bizarro, Lex, and Zod

That's a disgrace to be quite honest.  They know what to do Batman more than Superman.  I know Batman has been the more popular hero since the late 1980s, but, Superman is DC's flagship character.  For WB to do this to Superman, is just absolutely disgraceful and stupid.  Superman needs a true sequel to Man of Steel.