The King of Hate Forums

Comic Book Talk

MDCFAN101

1 hour ago, MDCFAN101 said:

Still have to watch Stargirl.  Don't worry I will soon.

Stargirl is just on another level than alot of the Arrowverse shows i think they just know where the story goes and it doesnt get dragged down by the CW the onl_ other show that relates to it currently is Legends of Tomorrow on CW 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, sateler96 said:

Stargirl is just on another level than alot of the Arrowverse shows i think they just know where the story goes and it doesnt get dragged down by the CW the onl_ other show that relates to it currently is Legends of Tomorrow on CW 

Thanks for the heads up

MCU Movies and TV Ranked 

1. Avengers: Endgame
2. Avengers: Infinity War 
3. Captain America: Civil War
4. The Avengers
5. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
6. Iron Man
7. Guardians of the Galaxy
8. Thor: Ragnarok
9. Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings
10. Loki (Season 1)
11. The Falcon and the Winter Soldier (Limited Series)
12. WandaVision (Limited Series)
13. Spider-Man: Far From Home
14. Spider-Man: Homecoming 
15. Black Panther
16. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
17. Avengers: Age of Ultron
18. Iron Man 3
19. Ant-Man 
20. Doctor Strange 
21. What If...? (Season 1)
22. Captain America: The First Avenger
23. Thor
24. Black Widow
25. Captain Marvel
26. Ant-Man and the Wasp
27. Iron Man 2
28. The Incredible Hulk
29. Thor: The Dark World
30. Eternals

@MDCFAN101@GuessWhat@musicboy, and anyone else that would want to read this!

Disclaimer: I don't normally post things like these or try to be one of those stereotypical people that try to ruin or overthink things.

Despite being fantasy, have you ever questioned the physics of some of the feats that occur in comics? (Basic stuff)

I don't have super-specifics, but examples like someone pulling or pushing something incredibly heavy, or holding it; also when a super-powerful being is strangled with a metal-chain for example... and they're depicted as having trouble, (obviously it's just for suspense & maybe? lack of thought).

Like they could break the chains around their neck without any effort, instead of getting strangled. Also, they destroy stone/metal with their flesh, uninjured, what makes anyone think the chain wouldn't snap the second is under enough pressure against their god-like anatomy?

When they pull/push/hold insanely heavy things is also another thing. If the object and whatever is tied to is resistant enough to handle the superhero's weight & friction of their feet to the floor, then instead of pulling the thing, they'd be pulling themselves forward, (because they don't weight enough). Doesn't matter if you have great strength, if you pull from a thread connected to a helicopter, (let's say), chances are you'll pull yourself up, not the helicopter down. Now try this with something more hardcore than a simple machine, can the superhero generate enough inertia to be able to pull that object?

Now let's go when they're holding stuff, on a planetary scale if you want. The muscles in their fantasy-anatomy might be strong enough to not yield, but the earth below them would just sink at that pressure. Their feet connected to the floor would act like needles on modeling-clay when they get pushed down like that.

17 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

Disclaimer: I don't normally post things like these or try to be one of those stereotypical people that try to ruin or overthink things.

Despite being fantasy, have you ever questioned the physics of some of the feats that occur in comics? (Basic stuff)

I don't have super-specifics, but examples like someone pulling or pushing something incredibly heavy, or holding it; also when a super-powerful being is strangled with a metal-chain for example... and they're depicted as having trouble, (obviously it's just for suspense & maybe? lack of thought).

Like they could break the chains around their neck without any effort, instead of getting strangled. Also, they destroy stone/metal with their flesh, uninjured, what makes anyone think the chain wouldn't snap the second is under enough pressure against their god-like anatomy?

When they pull/push/hold insanely heavy things is also another thing. If the object and whatever is tied to is resistant enough to handle the superhero's weight & friction of their feet to the floor, then instead of pulling the thing, they'd be pulling themselves forward, (because they don't weight enough). Doesn't matter if you have great strength, if you pull from a thread connected to a helicopter, (let's say), chances are you'll pull yourself up, not the helicopter down. Now try this with something more hardcore than a simple machine, can the superhero generate enough inertia to be able to pull that object?

Now let's go when they're holding stuff, on a planetary scale if you want. The muscles in their fantasy-anatomy might be strong enough to not yield, but the earth below them would just sink at that pressure. Their feet connected to the floor would act like needles on modeling-clay when they get pushed down like that.

While I do believe you're not one of those morons that bitch and complain about superheroes and fantasy in general for being unrealistic, I don't think about any of this stuff tbh.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, MoraMoria said:

I really only think about it when something should be obvious to a bystander. For example, Clark Kent, superman, takes off the glasses and most people don't realize that he is superman because of the glasses.
Anyways, I know that it is fiction. In addition, it depends on the writer if he or she wants to explain the "real" science behind the feats of heroes.

On 11/4/2021 at 1:14 PM, MDCFAN101 said:

@sateler96,

I still have to finish season 1 of What If...?.

Finish that shit, son. I'm interested in hearing your opinion about it.

On 10/30/2021 at 2:56 PM, MDCFAN101 said:

Hello True believers and newcomers alike,

Today, I am going to give you guys my personal opinion and reasons as to why Joss Whedon's Justice League failed and why Zack Snyder's Justice League worked.

Here we go:

1. Zack Snyder's direction and vision.  One of the most highly regarded aspects of the Snyder Cut was Zack Snyder's direction and vision.  I gotta be honest, 1 100% agree with this.  Snyder did an excellent job in not only directing his cut of the film, he also did well in representing the characters he put in and established into this cinematic universe.  Plus, Snyder didn't try to rush the project and was willing to honor the fans.  Joss Whedon on the other hand, showed no professionalism and did the theatrical cut horrendously.  Whedon rushed the project and showed not a single care for the fans.
  2. The story was told in a more epic and dramatic feel than the Whedon cut.  When Joss Whedon reshot the film, the story was very boring, bland, and dry.  On the other hand, when Snyder shot his cut of the film, the story was more intense, epic, emotional, and dramatic.  You really felt what was really at stake throughout the film.
  3. The CGI, visuals, and special effects.  The CGI, visuals, and special effect throughout the course of Joss Whedon's JL were straight up god awful.  I mean, they were messy, choppy, and more importantly, ugly as hell.  In the Snyder Cut, they were a lot better.  Granted, I didn't like them on Martian Manhunter, but, I overall loved them in the Snyder Cut.
  4. Darkseid.  Regardless whether or not you loved Darkseid's look and design in the film, you gotta admit that giving Darkseid a major and huge role in the story was not only pure genius, but also made total sense.  In the Whedon Cut, Darkseid wasn't even mentioned.  I'm sorry but that was just wrong.
  5. The acting.  In the Whedon Cut, the action was pure garbage.  Period point blank.  Nuff said.  In the Snyder Cut, the acting was so much better and more memorable.  All of the actors & actresses except for Jared Leto and Jessie Eisenberg delivered very good to excellent performances.
  6. The 4 hr. runtime.  One of the things I personally loved about the Snyder Cut was the 4 hr. runtime.  The 2 hr. runtime in the Whedon Cut felt rushed.  The 4 hr.  Snyder Cut gave all of the characters time to have their backstories and arcs develop and finish.  As a matter of fact, the Snyder Cut was able to redeem one Justice League member the most, Cyborg.  In the Whedon Cut, we did not get any development nor backstory from him.
  7. Steppenwolf.  In the Whedon Cut, Steppenwolf looked like a PS2 character and his character and backstory were bad and boring.  In the Snyder Cut, Steppenwolf not only looked badass, but also, felt badass too.  In other words, his design was better along with his character and backstory.
  8. Superman's Resurrection.  While I wasn't exactly a big fan of the idea of grave robbing Superman's corpse, how Zach Snyder pulled it off in his cut of the film was way better and more reasonable than in the Whedon Cut.  In the Whedon Cut, the JL brought back Superman because Batfleck was being too much of a suckup.  
  9. Junkie XL's score.  Now listen, I love Danny Elfman.  Been a fan since childhood.  However, his score in Josstice League was atrocious.  Junkie XL's score in Zack Snyder's JL was awesome and it fit the movie better.
  10. The action.  The action in the Snyder Cut was choreographed better and way more badass.  The action in the Whedon Cut, was extremely forgettable.

I hope you guys enjoyed this post.  See ya next time.  PEACE!!! 

Really, I had no idea the steppenwolf dude looked that bad. I want to watch the film again to see the differences.

22 minutes ago, GuessWhat said:

I really only think about it when something should be obvious to a bystander. For example, Clark Kent, superman, takes off the glasses and most people don't realize that he is superman because of the glasses.
Anyways, I know that it is fiction. In addition, it depends on the writer if he or she wants to explain the "real" science behind the feats of heroes.

Actually, if you read Mark Waid's Superman: Birthright, he explains in great detail how the whole Clark Kent disguise works.  BTW, you should read Superman: Birthright, it is a fantastic Superman comic.  

Besides, he did Lois the truth this one time:

Finish that shit, son. I'm interested in hearing your opinion about it.

Don't worry, I will my friend.  So far, I love it.

Really, I had no idea the steppenwolf dude looked that bad. I want to watch the film again to see the differences.

OMG, in Joss Whedon's Justice League, Steppenwolf really looked that bad.  Trust me, I am not the only one who feels that way.

Edited by MDCFAN101

4 hours ago, MDCFAN101 said:

More like studios that will give me respect and his due.

Anyways, aside of Captain Britain, I also Cavill playing Hercules in the MCU.

Would be hilarious if Marvel made a Captain Britain movie and it did big with Cavil just for a.middle finger to WB for saying he cant carry a movie 

• Like 1