The King of Hate Forums
Phil

Ask the King Ep. 53 - July 2, 2015

Please post up your questions for the next episode of Ask the King, scheduled for Thursday July 2, 2015 here!

THanks very much!

• Upvote 2

Q. I understand you were made redundant which influenced your decision to become a gaming vlogger. Did you have any wishes to become involved in this business prior to this and did you think you would be as successful as you are today?

Thanks for considering my question and good day.

Hey Phil. I've recently noticed that you don't like Troy Baker too much. In one of your videos, you've stated that you think game studios should start hiring other talented voice actors for their games instead of using Troy Baker. I kind of agree with you. I feel like game studios should start hiring other voice actors for their games instead of using Troy Baker for every single new game. This is kind of the same situation with Nolan North. It's getting a little annoying to hear these same two actors in almost every new game that comes out and it makes me a little upset that other voice actors are not getting big opportunities in games like those guys. What are your thoughts?

Fighting game + a "WHAT IF" question.  

Fighting Games: 

We know from your playtroughs that you have played Street Fighter, Tekken, Dead or Alive, Mortal Kombat, Skullgirls, Marvel vs. Capcom series etc. But, have you played other fighting games from the developers of Arc Systems developers such as Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- or last years BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma? If not, why? Don't you like them or they don't appeal to you or what is the reason? Please elaborate. 

Also same question as above: but for the following games or other fighting game series: SoulCalibur, Virtua Fighter, The King of Fighters etc. 

"WHAT IF" question: 

When you got laied off from your job back in 2010 - if your YouTube career hadn't worked out, what where your backup plans back then? Where you going to look for other jobs in your line of work or something completely new or were you going to do something entirely different. If so, what would you have done instead? 

Edited by Pizza

Hi Phil the Fourth of July is just a few days away.  I was wondering if you and your family did traditional things to celebrate this holiday whether it be barbeque or fireworks. Thanks.

Hey Phil, what with Fallout 4 being heavily implied being announced at E3 I was wondering what features did you like from Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas? and what ones didn't you like? and what features would you like to see them improve or add in Fallout 4?

Hey Phil, is there a reason why you feel the need to stream Ask The King and Hate Live instead of just filming them like the WIP? You no longer have a segment where you answer the chat's questions so I don't see the reasoning for streaming them at all? You always talk about how you are running out of time when doing your podcast or Ask The King so wouldn't just filming them save you a lot of time since you wouldn't have to worry about waiting for YouTube to send out a stream notice, having to do a pre-stream and being distracted by trolls from the chat?

• Upvote 2

Hey phil

Now that Until Dawn got a solid released date of 8/25/15 do you think it will be received well with the release of MGS Phantom Pain and Mad Max looming within a week of its release?......

Hey, Phil, I've always wondered about YOU, because you like characters in very different ways, just a way of saying it, Brain from family guy is everybody's favorite on the show, but my friend Yoshi says he hates him, but didn't wanted him killed off. I ask you this, because you usually have strange feelings around other characters in different games like, Larry from walking dead, you hated him, but you didn't want him dead. It's strange how people react in video games, so why did you do that? My other question is that I'd software maybe taking DOOM into a story direction like wolfinstein the new order. How does it feel knowing companys who make fun gameplay like quake 3 Arena change into a cool plot company.

If you had a choice, would you consider playing the older Call of Duty games like Call of Duty 2 and Call of Duty 3? Or even the first Modern Warfare game which I never saw a playthrough of on Youtube?

Edited by SuperGameWarrior101

I was just watching part 3 of May's Ask The King and was floored by what you had to say about Hatred, or more specifically what you said about people who would play or cover Hatred.  Here's your exact words from the video:

I'm not gonna give the game the time of day. I'm not gonna cover the game because I'm not a sick and twisted individual,  I'm a sentient human with morality and a conscience and I don't need to kill for the sake of killing because it exists. I'm not in this for a paycheck, I'm not doing this for views. Fuck that shit. I refuse to play that fucking vile game, and the game developers can shove red hot fucking pokers up their asses because that's what they fucking deserve for making a game that's just about killing for the sake of killing.

SOURCE: https://youtu.be/oBcWUoGKrtY?t=37m53s

The thing that floors me is the statement "I'm not gonna cover the game because I'm not a sick and twisted individual".  I can fully understand anyone not wanting to play Hatred because of the subject matter, but do you truly mean to say that anyone who does cover the game is sick and twisted, and to imply that they have no morality? Furthermore, you go on to say the developers of Hatred deserve to have "red hot fucking pokers" shoved up their asses.  I have to be honest, I find the thought of someone actually having a red hot poker shoved up their ass to be far more sick and twisted than someone making the choice to cover a controversial video game.  Especially considering that coverage of the game can be important so everyone can actually see what the game is and how far it actually goes in its depictions of violence rather than continuing to simply be outraged over the subject matter (which I will agree is disgusting).

You've given short, controversial answers about topics in the past, and when pressed to elaborate, you usually come up with a more in-depth, reasonable answer (one recent example being your thoughts on the Ice Bucket Challenge and why you wouldn't do it).  I submit this question because I hope you can do the same here rather than leaving this subject with the implications that you think anyone who does any coverage of Hatred is sick, twisted, and has no morality.  Thanks.

Edited by mjc0961
  • Upvote 1

Q: Do you think Lets Plays of episodic and story driven games like The Telltale/Life is Strange games discourages people from buying, regardless of the game's quality? I usually understand and get the whole "Power of word of mouth" from the internet and everything but is there a fine line where you are showing spoilers of important plot development that could effect one's purchase due to seeing the said spoilers? Do you think Let Players outside of the big few(PewDiePie for example) do more damage than good as far as sales go when it comes to these story driven/single player experiences? 

It's a question I ask because for games like Rise of the Tomb Raider, these were games that were once multiplatform but for financial reasons, were put on a single platform thus limiting the amount of hands that can get this game barring buying or having the said system for each(Though Tomb Raider might be a timed exclusive?). Is going to a Let Player's channel and watching the continuation of stories for each the way to go? Does that set a bad president or is it "That's on these companies for doing this, tough shit?" 

Phil recently you mentioned selling shirts. How would you feel if fans made and printed shirts with your likeness on them? what if the fans sold these shirts? would you want want compensation? (sorry this is a multipart question)

Hello, Phil

Would you ever consider having Pokemon battles with your fans?

I know that you traded in Pokemon Omega Ruby, but would you consider doing that when you pick a new up a Pokemon game?

Edited by placxs

Phil, remember when you did your "initial thoughts" on blood borne after 11 hours in?  I loved that!  after seeing that

I actually had more interest in the game and ended up watching more of your playthrough because of it. 

even considered buying it.  I was wondering if you could do that for longer playthroughs people

may be in the dark about or may not want to wait until its review to buy the game..

Thank you so much Phil you have been such a blessing in my life.

stay strong, stay true, stay you.

• Upvote 1

Dear Phil

Big fan here,

You tweeted that Manhunter had an out of place 80's soundtrack.  Why is it out of place for a 1986 movie to have an 80's soundtrack?  And on the subject of expert movie knowledge are you still considering doing a movie based show

Edited by GTA-Completionist

Your job requires looking at screens for the better part of your day. Do you not get headaches or eye strain?

Sounds silly, but true. I couldn't do it. 

Hey, Philip, I want to say thank you for your support, and hope the haters get thrown by shit each day ;) first question: I went back toto your 2011, and 2012 play through s, and I love them. I gotta say there's nothing really going on on next gen. No new IPS. 2012 you had a lot of bad and good IPS. Do you think we'll ever get newer projects or the same old shit? We're getting a lot of remakes or sequels, batman arkam knight, fallout 4, halo 5, and maybe gears of war 4... 

Question 2: Have you heard Disney is getting rid of the star wars EU? The reason there doing this is because they want to make newer novels and comic books of there own. Anythoughts?

Final question 3: Can you think of any game that's drawn out and over hyped like mgs? If so, tell us. :)

Gonna try again for this month lol.

Do you still have all your videos saved somewhere that were removed from Blip TV? I was wondering because it would be amazing if you could do a best/worst of TV Superstars which in my opinion was your funniest playthrough ever.

Even though this could feed the trolls im curious if you could just upload random with you in front of a green screen saying funny stuff! them shia labeouf vids are pretty funny right now! also how about some nice high quality photos too. in the end you're getting your name and brand out  when people do stuff like that!.  :)

Hello Phil. I was watching your playthrough of Make my video: Kris Kross and judging from the videos, you don't sound that fond of their music. My question is were there any other music artists in the 90's or 2000's that you dislike? If so, what was it that you dislike about them? Was it their voice? their songs? their personality? or was it the fact that they had no reason to be making music? Thank you.