The King of Hate Forums
Phil

Ask the King Ep. 53 - July 2, 2015

Since it's been a while since you talked about this.. How's your apartment doing back in CT? Is your aunt still paying rent there and living there or is it that you are still paying for that apartment as well? I'm just curious to know, since I'm currently in the process of selling and moving from the house I currently live in.

• Upvote 1

How is it going Phil I have a quick question .what do you think of the pranking community in YouTube. I find they are the most popular community in YouTube. now there has been a lot of people saying that most of their pranks are staged/fake to gain views. I also find them a bit annoying, since all they do is bug people and prank them hence their channel. What are your thoughts on this topic of pranksters, and their enormous gain of views. Also can I give a shout out to all my Chicago Blackhawks fans out there. We are the 2015 champions!!! Three in six baby!!!! Thank you Phil happy fourth of July.

• Upvote 2

In your sports play-throughs, MLB the Show, NBA 2k, etc. you would choose the number "86" for Drake Hasnotalent. Is there a significance behind that number or did you just completely select it randomly?

Thanks

Hey Goatee Von Schlügenheim

You've been doing your Youtube thing for quite a while at this point, and in the process you've established a community. Obviously some community members have since stopped following you, but new people join every day and interact here on the forums, on Twitter and in the stream chat etc. 

The community obviously follows you and have various memories about your exploits throughout the years, but is there any community members whom YOU remember and/or always notice the name of when you come across it? This could be for both positive, neutral or negative reasons. In other words, who would be in your follower "Hall of Fame", and why? We've never really seen your point of view on this topic as we all collectively follow you, so it'd be interesting to hear who has stood out throughout the years for various reasons.

In light of recent events and the controversy around the confederate flag apple has removed all American civil war games from the app store because of the Confederate flag.

http://toucharcade.com/2015/06/25/apple-removes-confederate-flag/

Apple states that "we have removed apps from the App Store that use the Confederate flag in offensive or mean-spirited ways, which is in violation of our guidelines." Sources close to the company say that it's working with the developers affected by the flag ban to get the issue resolved and get the games back on the App Store. However, the developers will have to either remove or replace the Confederate flag. If this is indeed what Apple is demanding from the developers, it raises all kind of questions about censorship and historical memory as it literally risks rewriting history. Objectionable as it is, the existence of the Confederate flag in these Civil War games is historically accurate, and I'm not sure that any company should have the ability to mold history to its standards and beliefs.

My question, did apple do the right thing? or is it an overreation by apple done in an effort to be politically correct? 

• Upvote 1

How's it going Phil.

After being a fan since your Little Big Planet 2 playthrough, I have to ask you: you say your the King of Hate bcuz you take the hate that is meant to bring you down from pricks who have nothing better to do with their "lives," and you turn it into fuel for your fire; the reason to keep doing what you do - which is one of the main reasons I respect you - but don't you think "The King of Hate" sounds just a little bit suspect to people who have never heard of you or what your content is about? 

Idk if you've ever gotten a question like this before, I know you've brought up your moniker countless times before, it usually related to people who THINK they know who your are already and are determined to destroy you (the pricks of course!). I'd be interested what you have to say. 

Hey Phil! I live in the Tacoma area of WA, and I wanted to know if you were going to Monday night Raw on August 10 in Everett. It would be a great time, and I know you don't really follow WWE anymore, but I haven't gone to a live event in years and for it to be the first time in years and to meet you would be fantastic. Love the content, and can't wait to see more. Thanks!

Hey Phil, feel free to answer any of these, or even all if you want. Or just answer none of them. I'm just someone on the internet, not a cop.

Question #1: Would you ever consider having music in your videos during stream and such? If so, what kind of music would you listen to?

Question #2: What is your opinion on how YouTube handles its copyright monitoring? It's been a while since they started cracking down more, and I was wondering if you thought maybe they should take the fair use law into more consideration than they do.

Question #3: Would you ever consider trying to play Magic the Gathering on Xbox at some point? It's a card game that is older than I am (18), and is pretty interesting. I think it'd be neat to watch you play it at least a little bit. Also, it would be interesting if you know anything about MTG, and would be cool to hear you say your opinion on it. 

Question #4: What do you use to record games on your computer? I have OBS, but it doesn't run well with most games for me despite having decent RAM, a decent processor, and all that.

Question #5: After playing Pokemon last year, would you ever consider playing more when the next title(s) release? Also, would you ever bother checking out info on stuff you don't know online, such as Pokemon type advantages and resistances or Pokemon stats?

Whatsup Phil ^.^ Have you ever thought about doing live reaction videos? maybe not long hour ones such as e3 coverage etc but short 5 minute ones of different trailers or popular videos ? and one other question could giveaways make a return such as a new game or gaming system for those who love your content ?

• Upvote 1

Dear Phil, 

Jurassic World made a huge box office impact when it came out and it seems that they will continue with a sequel. Since you're a fan of Jurassic Park, what is your opinion on the movie and their new inclusions in it (such as Indominus Rex, the awesome last scene etc.)?

Hey Phil,

Now that you have cleared Persona 4, will you consider playing the story mode to both Persona 4 Arena and Persona 4 Arena Ultimax? Please keep in mind that P4AU takes place after P4A.

Thanks.

What's up Phil I wanted to know you think about same sex marriage now becoming legal in the United States and do you support gay marriage or are you against it?

P.S. Thanks again for the video game suggestions in your last episode and as always keep up the good work.

• Upvote 1

Phil what do you think of ryu being in smash bros and when will you go back to smash,as they have released new charecters like mewtwo,Lucas from the mother games,roy from fire emblem etc.

Thanks for your time and to quite splatoon "Staaaay Fresh!"

Edited by Flippy

Hey Phil. I'm new to the forum and my question is. If you will ever play a tokusatsu (special effects show) game like 
Super Sentai (Power Rangers)
Kamen Rider (Masked Rider)
Godzilla

Edited by EvilHeroMJM
forgot a word

Hi Phil, do you think you'll have time to replay Mirror's Edge before the new one comes out? I think an updated playthrough of the game done in direct capture and in HD for the first time would be awesome. Thanks and have a good one!

- IndustriaGamer

So Phil, you blame games a lot these days. Well not only these days... Anyway in Batman you hit a corner with the batmobile and you say ''I bounced off of nothing, this game is buggy''. Combat finaly gets more difficult you complain that the game has difficulity spikes and you say ''combat should be free flow not this'' though before the game was just you dominating everyone in the combat and that I think is boring. A game needs some chalenge. 

Why do you blame games so much? Becouse it really is just childish and stupid. And it really anoys some viewers. And thats probably why people hate your content. Sorry for bad English if there was any.

Edited by analiveperson
  • Upvote 1

Hey Phil, I'm a huge fan! I have three sisters who are older than me, oldest is 23. They all play video games but don't really like to talk about it , not because they think it's geeky or nerdy. But because they get bullied sometimes. When my sisters get real hype for any game, they always post on their social media, and a bunch of random people always have to say something mean or stupid. I would like to know if you think girls are starting to finally be accepted as gamers or is the hate towards them getting worse? As a male gamer I see nothing wrong with "girl gamers", and it's silly how over blown this whole thing is. Maybe it's because I spent 17 years playing games against girls, but a gamer is a gamer . Male or Female. Thanks so much Phil! 

Your living revolves around recording, whether it's gaming or vlogs. I want to know, what was your first experience with a digital camera, and what was it like to record video for the very first time?

Hey Phil, I was wondering if you are going to take precautions when you are playing the Crash Bandicoot series? They are known to be relentless difficult and if you make one wrong step, you have a long way to go from where you started from.

Hey phil I am sorry about first question and My question is can you give a a  schedule of when your able to be cons and others major events in the seattle to hang with you and meet and  greet with you  because they big youtubers like  teamfourstar  tubbyemu and other youtubers telling hey on this we here from this time to this time at this con or event.my point is possible for you do this and  i not say like when doing thing with pandelee in seattle or whatever it more of with cons  and events that happening with  a  schedule to head time to prepared and that all i want say.I  am still a fan of  yours from Rex

Do you earn money from Youtube or other interests with livestreams?

I know that people earn some money with youtube from uploaded materials via commercials but live streams doesn't have commercials so does youtube still pay money for viewer numbers?

Edited by czze
miss spelling