The King of Hate Forums

Positive impacts Phil made on your life

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I want to do something special for Phil. For far too long have there been pathetic trolls ruining this man's life of how jealous they are. So I want to dedicate a forum of positive impacts Phil has ha

He taught me the importance of video editing.

I am new to DSP, and actually discovered his content from a This Is How You Don't Play Bully. It made me interested in buying the game because I felt I could play it better and the game looked fun.

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I am new to DSP, and actually discovered his content from a This Is How You Don't Play Bully. It made me interested in buying the game because I felt I could play it better and the game looked fun.

Afterwards I researched his channels and subbed. Watched the actual Bully playthrough and have since been watching alot of his content. And most of the time I buy the games he ends up hating most like Furi. 

He has gotten me through depressing moments and times. Even now.. Being diagnosed with heavy psychological issues.. But Phil makes me happy and laugh. He helps take the edge off of these mental problems. 

I guess I just publicy said I am mentally ill, but its true and I have learned not to be ashamed of things I can't control all through his videos. And Phil helps me with that.

He's not perfect, but i dont want perfect. I want real. A real human who is entertaining in his own way. 

• Upvote 5
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Phil is absolutely, no doubt, my favorite youtuber, and, if I could, I would help way more to keep his channel up and keep the laughs going. No matter how I may come off in here, If I act like I'm attacking Phil for his business practices and whatnot, Phil will always be the youtuber I look to when I'm feeling down or blue to get me pumped up again. Phil's videos have what other's lack: a genuine person having genuine fun. I don't give a flaming fuck if people say Phil is only doing it for the money, because no one would put as much time into a single youtube channel, knowing full well that his entire job could cave in at any moment, if they didn't actually care for the viewers and want to make memories with them. I sincerely thank you Phil for what you do, please never stop, and here's to an amazing 2017 buddy.

@Phil

• Upvote 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Well it's not a direct positive impact on my life - but something looking at the whole situation with Phil that I learned is this: Much of the time the people attacking a "bad" person are just as bad or worse people themselves who are looking for an easy target. I'm not gonna lie my first experience of DSP was watching TIHYDP's - but then, having an IQ beyond the single digits, I decided to go and watch some of his actual content, read the comments, looked at him as a person (un-edited on his own channel) and came away with the opinion that I actually disliked the "Haters" more than DSP - and I've actually started watching his stuff.

Yes I know he blames games sometimes for stuff that goes wrong, but the TIHYDP's make it look FAR, FAR worse than it actually is, and even if it is was as bad as they make it seem, it's still no reason for some of the shit he has said to him on his channel.

These people are pathetic - I'm not saying DSP is perfect, by no means, but these people are worse. Anyone with a small amount of maturity and decency would just ignore and move on, but like I said, easy target and arseholes - that's what this is. It's not even DSP himself I reckon for 90% of these people - they're like animals rounding on another wounded animal - PEOPLE should be above that.

I also believe that Phil has been made the way he is at least in part by this sustained bullshit - i think he's a good guy who's been taking shit for a few years now, and that's going to change and get to anyone.

Finally if you really want a "direct" positive impact - sometimes when I'm bored I watch his stuff and I'm not bored and I laugh at some of the shit he says - that's all you can really expect from entertainment - if you're looking for more you're going about life the wrong way. Ah an edit to put one more thing, pertaining to the guy above me - about "doing it for the money" - ALL youtubers/entertainers are doing it "for the money" - some just hide it better than others, anyone who thinks otherwise needs to get a clue. It makes perfect logical sense: People need money to live, so if they're spending the majority of their time doing something, they're doing it for the money. See that??

Edited by MrMilad
  • Upvote 3
35 minutes ago, MrMilad said:

Well it's not a direct positive impact on my life - but something looking at the whole situation with Phil that I learned is this: Much of the time the people attacking a "bad" person are just as bad or worse people themselves who are looking for an easy target. I'm not gonna lie my first experience of DSP was watching TIHYDP's - but then, having an IQ beyond the single digits, I decided to go and watch some of his actual content, read the comments, looked at him as a person (un-edited on his own channel) and came away with the opinion that I actually disliked the "Haters" more than DSP - and I've actually started watching his stuff.

Yes I know he blames games sometimes for stuff that goes wrong, but the TIHYDP's make it look FAR, FAR worse than it actually is, and even if it is was as bad as they make it seem, it's still no reason for some of the shit he has said to him on his channel.

These people are pathetic - I'm not saying DSP is perfect, by no means, but these people are worse. Anyone with a small amount of maturity and decency would just ignore and move on, but like I said, easy target and arseholes - that's what this is. It's not even DSP himself I reckon for 90% of these people - they're like animals rounding on another wounded animal - PEOPLE should be above that.

I also believe that Phil has been made the way he is at least in part by this sustained bullshit - i think he's a good guy who's been taking shit for a few years now, and that's going to change and get to anyone.

Finally if you really want a "direct" positive impact - sometimes when I'm bored I watch his stuff and I'm not bored and I laugh at some of the shit he says - that's all you can really expect from entertainment - if you're looking for more you're going about life the wrong way. Ah an edit to put one more thing, pertaining to the guy above me - about "doing it for the money" - ALL youtubers/entertainers are doing it "for the money" - some just hide it better than others, anyone who thinks otherwise needs to get a clue. It makes perfect logical sense: People need money to live, so if they're spending the majority of their time doing something, they're doing it for the money. See that??

I know money makes the world go round lol. I meant he's not doing it SOLELY for the money. Theres a difference.

• Upvote 1
Just now, VivekPharaoh said:

I know money makes the world go round lol. I meant he's not doing it SOLELY for the money. Theres a difference.

Ah yeah man didn't mean to sound like that's what I meant - was basically agreeing with your sentiment - I just meant that if they choose entertaining as their career it's going to be one of the primary motivations - of course they can still enjoy the thing they do as well :)

• Upvote 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On ‎16‎-‎11‎-‎2016 at 11:05 PM, RichterTryhard said:

He's not perfect, but i dont want perfect. I want real. A real human who is entertaining in his own way. 

This exactly is why I have been with Phil since 2008. I  do  not  want  perfect.  I want to see real stuff, the good, the bad and the ugly. Phil is one of the most real persons on Youtube.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

DSP tought me alot. I've learned alot from his mistakes n what he had learned as well.

one mistake I've learned from... not to bad mouth those you did busness with. bad mouthing those that worked with you n or you made money with shows other companies that they can not trust you at all.

• 6 months later...
  • Phil unpinned this topic
  • 1 year later...
1 hour ago, MoraMoria said:

For the most part, all the irony & hypocrisy involved with Phil's haters and similar, and a good amount of knowledge on certain psychology/reasoning/etc.

Data.jpg

Do you miss Phil so much you just spend his off day looking at ancient forum posts on a dead website? Kinda weird

1 minute ago, 2Kitty said:

Do you miss Phil so much you just spend his off day looking at ancient forum posts on a dead website? Kinda weird

I was wondering why there was so many active threads at the top of the forum only to find out the previous post before Mora Mora is from years ago..

1 minute ago, MoraMoria said:

Looks like I touched a nerve, good, we'll add it.

Have a nice one.

I don't really care, it's just. Why?