The King of Hate Forums
Static Veins

Splatoon Playthrough Discussion (Troll Free Edition)

I'm playing the single player and honestly? It's quite good. Just FAR too short. Only 4 hours of this when it's awesome/fun and WAY less repetitive than the multiplayer?!

Hope you get to the end of it Phil, the final parts of the game pretty amazing.

Also, I just figured out that some of the sunken scrolls have blueprints on them. You remember all those crazy weapons people had? Well, some of these sunken scrolls unlocks them in the weapon shop. You should check it out next time you do MP

Edited by Cless

Hope you get to the end of it Phil, the final parts of the game pretty amazing.

Also, I just figured out that some of the sunken scrolls have blueprints on them. You remember all those crazy weapons people had? Well, some of these sunken scrolls unlocks them in the weapon shop. You should check it out next time you do MP

​I've decided that Friday's gameplay stream will be 1. the conclusion of the campaign and 2. my 1st shot at ranked multiplayer.

I have a huge feeling that Phil will rip this game apart just like Evolve and Destiny lol he really should appreciate the fact that the game is constantly being updated with new and FREE modes, maps and weapons unlike Evolve and Destiny

Also in regards to weapons being OP, the players select the best perks coinciding the weapons to make them really good.

Edited by Icureditwithmybrain
Combined posts

I have a huge feeling that Phil will rip this game apart just like Evolve and Destiny lol he really should appreciate the fact that the game is constantly being updated with new and FREE modes, maps and weapons unlike Evolve and Destiny

Also in regards to weapons being OP, the players select the best perks coinciding the weapons to make them really good.

​like phil said. i dont want to pay $60 for content that will release in 6 months when ill get bored of the game. It should have everything now not $10 worth at launch 

​like phil said. i dont want to pay $60 for content that will release in 6 months when ill get bored of the game. It should have everything now not $10 worth at launch 

​"Like Phil said"? Is he a scholar or something?

If a game gets updated weekly with FREE CONTENT, then how can you be bored of the game?

​"Like Phil said"? Is he a scholar or something?

If a game gets updated weekly with FREE CONTENT, then how can you be bored of the game?

​your IQ must be in the negatives if you immediately jump to "is he a scholar or something". Guess everyone on earth who has ever been quoted in the history of time must also be scholar right? Its called I pay for the game to come with all my moneys worth and not have to wait 10 years for my $60 value to finally be achieved 

​your IQ must be in the negatives if you immediately jump to "is he a scholar or something". Guess everyone on earth who has ever been quoted in the history of time must also be scholar right? Its called I pay for the game to come with all my moneys worth and not have to wait 10 years for my $60 value to finally be achieved 

​WoW gets praised for the update.

You get your content when they come for free on a weekly basis

So spaltoon getting free dlc throughout the weeks isn't okay but coughing up $15 for extra maps in COD is? Logic

• Upvote 2

So spaltoon getting free dlc throughout the weeks isn't okay but coughing up $15 for extra maps in COD is? Logic

​there shouldnt be dlc to begin with!!!!!!!! why the fuck would you sell an incomplete game?? 

​there shouldnt be dlc to begin with!!!!!!!! why the fuck would you sell an incomplete game?? 

Splatoon isn't incomplete, it's adding more content later to extend the life of the game and keep people playing it. It's the same with Mario kart and smash bros, Nintendo wants the players to keep enjoying the game and give the option to get more content with the game. Plus it's free so what is there to complain? Lol 

i can can understand people saying the content is a little lacking at the moment but splatoon will eventually get more in the future, it's just about being patient and honestly if you don't even enjoy the game then no amount of content is going to satisfy you.

Splatoon isn't incomplete, it's adding more content later to extend the life of the game and keep people playing it. It's the same with Mario kart and smash bros, Nintendo wants the players to keep enjoying the game and give the option to get more content with the game. Plus it's free so what is there to complain? Lol 

i can can understand people saying the content is a little lacking at the moment but splatoon will eventually get more in the future, it's just about being patient and honestly if you don't even enjoy the game then no amount of content is going to satisfy you.

​yup cause 3 maps with 2 games modes is worth $60 for launch

they should release more stuff later on not start out with nothing and little by little give more. thats a horrible business practice and a slap in the face to the consumer

they should release more stuff later on not start out with nothing and little by little give more. thats a horrible business practice and a slap in the face to the consumer

​Why? They are getting for free and it is a way to keep people's interests up.

"Its a horrible business practice to sell free!"

​Why? They are getting for free and it is a way to keep people's interests up.

"Its a horrible business practice to sell free!"

​I was referring to a day one release with no content....

​I was referring to a day one release with no content....

​It makes more sense to judge a game from its overall length because if you judge from just DAY ONE with a low review then the game gets constantly updated (especially with freebies) then your review would be completely dismissed.

​It makes more sense to judge a game from its overall length because if you judge from just DAY ONE with a low review then the game gets constantly updated (especially with freebies) then your review would be completely dismissed.

​yes let me wait 5 years for this game to finally have my $60 value

The difference between Splatoon and any other games that come incomplete, is that Splatoon did not come out incomplete and Nintendo is consistently adding new things not on the disk for free. Nintendo has handled DLC the best out of everyone in the gaming industry so far. With Mario Kart 8, they added 6 new characters and 16 new tracks AFTER the game was released. For Smash bros, they added Mewtwo and now Lucas later this month AFTER the development of the game. In Splatoon, they are adding new content every single week AFTER the game's development was complete. See a trend here? As far as I know, Nintendo doesn't release incomplete games like Destiny, Halo: Master Cheif Collection. Splatoon comes with hardly, to no "bugs" or crashes that seem seem to be the norm with gaming these days. If Splatoon was a Sony or Microsoft title, you can bet your ass they would charge you for all those extra weapons and maps, like CoD. Nintendo, however, is doing it for free and its not like they are hiding content on the disk. They are constantly adding new content for the game outside the first development of the game. 

At this point, I feel like I'm repeating myself, so I'll just end it with this: Splatoon is nowhere near an incomplete game. Outside of a few good gaming devs, Nintendo is one of the companies that has dealt with DLC perfectly. Never hiding content on the disk  or any of the BS that we get from Sony/Microsoft games. If you don't want to play Splatoon right now, that's fine, just wait till August/September and buy the game.

Edited by Cless
  • Upvote 1