The King of Hate Forums

RENAMED: How Phil Can Improve Himself

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, it's time for me to give it a go.  I have a lot to say, and I'm going to be very specific, so bare with me, Phil. On the forums previous to this one, you mentioned I was coming from a closed mi

Y'know what? I'm just gonna be blunt here. The best advice I could possibly give to Phil? Get over yourself. No, that is not an insult. That's some healthy advice in response to you and your attitude

The original thread of this topic was full of intelligent discussion that was constructive and not offensive. Now read the pages of this second thread so far and compare them to the previous one: it's

Posted Images

​We're doing the best we can to try and maintain this thread civil and on topic so I'm really sorry if Phil closes them down.

​Oh I really don't blame you guys in the slightest, you're being extremely fair and civil from what i've seen, I just really wish Phil could sit back and look at things from a different perspective honestly. His actions end up giving YOU moderators and FANS bad names, in all honesty.

I find it funny how Phil talked down to Kim Jong Un yet that's exactly what Phil's becoming.

No, not exactly. Having a thread locked and deleting comments isn't even comparable to having political dissidents thrown into gulags and/or murdered.

Well, unless posting on these boards is your whole life, which I guess might be the case for some of the people here.

• Upvote 2

​We're doing the best we can to try and maintain this thread civil and on topic so I'm really sorry if Phil closes them down.

Once more just have a healthy discussion and refrain from using insults.

​Dont be sorry for the actions of someone else, I understand that you guys are really trying here.

​Key word "roughly". We don't want the thread to be "roughly" on topic, we want it "completely" on topic because if we all said hateful shit of one another, where the hell is our chance to redeem ourselves for the hurtful words we said? We're human beings and we have the ability to adapt and change. Just bring up good criticism instead of hateful criticism.

​That's the problem with broad rules that are too speculative to what "on topic" means. This is technically on topic with one of Phils flaws, the fact he makes things up to close threads, but i'm sure someone, somewhere will consider this exact post im making now "off topic and hateful". It wasn't warranted at all to close that thread, and that's the main problem with what Phil was saying. His opinion was fine, nobody was trying to disagree with his right to decline the podcast, but we were trying to disagree with his reasoning behind it. It was relevant to the topic of his crumbling morality, just like this is.

There really needs to be a rule that Phil needs to get moderators to vote on whether or not a topic/thread should be closed. Something that ties back to Phil's plummeting popularity is him taking dominant control over something even though he has other people that are able to discuss whether something is hateful/unagreeable or helpful/peaceful. It seems like this thread and the previous one can be considered beneficial to at least a couple of mods while Phil didn't, seeing as he closed down the last thread with this name. He needs to have a connection to the mods and agree with them when it comes to issues, it can't just be Phil's one opinion all the time when it comes to making a decision. 

No, not exactly. Having a thread locked and deleting comments isn't even comparable to having political dissidents thrown into gulags and/or murdered.

Well, unless posting on these boards is your whole life, which I guess might be the case for some of the people here.

​Really trying to bait people for a response huh? 

Once more just have a healthy discussion and refrain from using insults.

​You're good, Kyoko. You're just trying to keep the peace and that's understandable. Mostly I've been giving my opinion in a non bias and fair manner so if I step over the edge with my demeanor then it's truly no harm meant by it. Us in the SOK commend you and I hope you keep up the excellent work upon the site. 

• Upvote 1

There really needs to be a rule that Phil needs to get moderators to vote on whether or not a topic/thread should be closed. Something that ties back to Phil's plummeting popularity is him taking dominant control over something even though he has other people that are able to discuss whether something is hateful/unagreeable or helpful/peaceful. It seems like this thread and the previous one can be considered beneficial to at least a couple of mods while Phil didn't, seeing as he closed down the last thread with this name. He needs to have a connection to the mods and agree with them when it comes to issues, it can't just be Phil's one opinion all the time when it comes to making a decision. 

​I agree, the mods should have a vote on what happens on this forum... they are just as important as Phil and  they take time out of their days to make sure things don't get out of hand.

​Even so, all that comes down to control, wanna talk freely LOCK, have valid criticisms LOCK. And that's a problem that he really needs to fix. Taking the critics advice and trying to better himself in a positive way.

it can't just be Phil's one opinion all the time when it comes to making a decision. 

​That's the thing--in order for there to be any progress here, Phil needs to be way more open to others' opinions and suggestions. That was sorta the point of what we were working towards on the previous thread before it derailed. It's important that Phil at least listens to what we have to say, even if he doesn't take it in. Just like before, we only wanna establish some kind of communication here.

• Upvote 1

​That's the thing--in order for there to be any progress here, Phil needs to be way more open to others' opinions and suggestions. That was sorta the point of what we were working towards on the previous thread before it derailed. It's important that Phil at least listens to what we have to say, even if he doesn't take it in. Just like before, we only wanna establish some kind of communication here.

One thing Phil needs to stop doing IMO is to stop grouping everyone together. . 

• Upvote 1

​Stuff like this happens to everyone at all times. If he groups you all together, one would definitely thinks that most of the things would be Hate right? Ok but how about you turn that over and try to do things in a different matter that will make him understand? Yes he's hard headed, we all have to deal with it but we deal with it with patience because if we do not have patience and we say things in a way that may seem hostile or negatively criticized, then he won't accept it. We have to take things slowly in order for us to reach an understanding with open arms. 

​You're good, Kyoko. You're just trying to keep the peace and that's understandable. Mostly I've been giving my opinion in a non bias and fair manner so if I step over the edge with my demeanor then it's truly no harm meant by it. Us in the SOK commend you and I hope you keep up the excellent work upon the site. 

​Thank you Renegade I appreciate that.

​His biggest problem in my opinion is his fear of negativity. He always was sorta harsh with his responses to people (Friend request ridicule) but he did it in a way where nobody was really offended by it and nobody really cared back then, so he got very little negativity from that. Now-a-days he's attacked for everything he posts (Sometimes detractors go a bit too far, I'm guilty of it myself for sure) so he thinks EVERYTHING that's even a bit negative is a personal attack. He needs to fix that ASAP, that's his one problem that's holding him back. If he could just see past the cloud of negativity and just look at each piece of criticism as it's own thing, he wouldn't have any problem addressing it properly in my eyes. He just needs to learn to let go and not be so worried about everyone being a 'hater'.

​Stuff like this happens to everyone at all times. If he groups you all together, one would definitely thinks that most of the things would be Hate right? Ok but how about you turn that over and try to do things in a different matter that will make him understand? Yes he's hard headed, we all have to deal with it but we deal with it with patience because if we do not have patience and we say things in a way that may seem hostile or negatively criticized, then he won't accept it. We have to take things slowly in order for us to reach an understanding with open arms. 

​Honestly I dont know what else anyone can do .. you cant talk to him and you have to be very careful talking about him on the forums ... its a tough situation