The King of Hate Forums
Crescent_Moon

RENAMED: How Phil Can Improve Himself

So....the longer I let this thread go, the less useful it proves to be. It would be nice if someone who's well-intentioned could sift through the 20 pages of mostly crap and come up with a few bullet points of intelligent suggestions I could use.

​Trust me--it would take way more than a few bullet points' worth of suggestions to improve your content/public image. People have brought up plenty of ideas earlier in this thread, but I'm gonna guess you obviously haven't taken the time to read through them all, which I would recommend you go back and do, try a few things and see how they work out, then go from there.

• Upvote 3

​Trust me--it would take way more than a few bullet points' worth of suggestions to improve your content/public image. People have brought up plenty of ideas earlier in this thread, but I'm gonna guess you obviously haven't taken the time to read through them all, which I would recommend you go back and do, try a few things and see how they work out, then go from there.

​He'll just take whatever we say out of context to try and make it seem like we said something stupid.

"He spends too much money on Supercard" which is ludicrous, and privacy-intruding to begin with. You have no idea how much time/money I've spent on the game (even if you stalked me to other forums and in-game leaderboards, you cannot accurately measure) and it's none of anyone's business. A drop in the pool of the real money I owe for the move across the country and anyone even talking about it needs serious help. BTW, I've all but entirely quit the game as they ruined it regardless in the past month, but it's still none of your damn business.

​If your spending on Supercard is none of our business then quit bragging about how much you spend on PUBLIC forums. Shut up about it and keep it private.

That's just one of many problems with you "None of your business what I do in private" yet you tell everyone every damn "private" thing about you and what you do on the internet.

It is our business since you claim you're in massive debt and you're wanting us to donate to you but somehow you're giving hundreds to a mobile game, paying hundreds for movies/TV shows, you eat out quite a lot, going to be paying hundreds for a hotel that's only 20-40 minutes away from your house, going to a Comic-Con this year and spending hundreds to thousands to fly halfway across the U.S. for a wedding.

You have publicly said all of this whether it was on forums, in videos or on Twitter so none is private. Don't try to make people feel sorry about your debt when 1. You caused it by moving and overspending & 2. You're still constantly going to be blowing money that you claim to not have.

To keep this on topic: You can improve yourself by keeping everything about your "personal private life" actually private.

• Upvote 9

Here's a real suggestion, that I'll bulletpoint for your sake.

• Only using your forums to make lengthy, defensive posts about how whatever you do is absolutely correct and reply to pages of conversation with a blanket "no, you're wrong, stop it" rather than engaging with what little community survived this past week's purge certainly does not make anyone else want to join up or try to chat with you.
  • Upvote 10

Once again I check this thread, once again it's pretty pointless.

"He spends too much money on Supercard" which is ludicrous, and privacy-intruding to begin with. You have no idea how much time/money I've spent on the game (even if you stalked me to other forums and in-game leaderboards, you cannot accurately measure) and it's none of anyone's business. A drop in the pool of the real money I owe for the move across the country and anyone even talking about it needs serious help. BTW, I've all but entirely quit the game as they ruined it regardless in the past month, but it's still none of your damn business.

​You've voluntarily shared plenty of information about your financial situation, plus are currently soliciting donations.  If you don't want people to talk about your personal life, don't put it on the web.

• Upvote 2

Once again I check this thread, once again it's pretty pointless.

"He should upload videos around 15 minutes" which I've been doing for months, especially for these longer RPG playthroughs, but apparently nobody notices. Just keeps repeating themselves that I upload too many short videos.

"Longer videos will get him more views" which is entirely incorrect. Since I've started uploading longer videos, views have remained the same because it's the same people watching them regardless of if they're long or short. This reasoning is entirely stupid and based off of a YouTube viewer's inability to use a playlist properly, which doesn't take a lot of intelligence to figure out (but requires you to not be super-lazy, sadly). If overnight I only uploaded 30 minute+ videos, 2 things would happen: 1. Everyone would complain of the videos stuck in processing (which would happen) and 2. I'd make half as much money as I do now i.e. I'd "go out of business." I'm not an idiot.

No one is caring is cause your commentary is bad..you don't really add anything to the playthrough..yeah you throw a "witty" joke but then you have moments were you are just silent..today's standards are 30 mins 15 is short, long processing comes at the cost of work and time, which you are too lazy to give..stop treating this as a business..and yes sadly you ARE an idiot..

"He releases too many videos/plays too many games" but then I get told regularly "you took too long to beat xxx this fall which is why nobody followed the entire playthrough." Keeping in mind I'm the guy who made himself on the fact that I beat games relatively quickly while other "big youtubers" took months to complete a game.

​Again with the "big youtuber" talk, Phil it amazes me you can't tell but YOU ARE DOING WHAT BIG YOUTUBERS DO! From your best and worst of 2014, running a patreon to which you have NO goals or perks on it still, doing new games when it first comes out, to your game "reviews" and vlogs! The reason why they take months is cause they don't rush through the game, they want to EXPERIENCE everything the game has to offer, side quests and all! While you finish the story and sell it back to gamestop to buy a new game and then rinse and repeat.

So....the longer I let this thread go, the less useful it proves to be. It would be nice if someone who's well-intentioned could sift through the 20 pages of mostly crap and come up with a few bullet points of intelligent suggestions I could use.

​You say "It's none of our business", yet you publicly, on forum or twitter or on stream, tell your fans your life stories, which in turn MAKE IT their business! The only person who needs serious help is you..you say "I'm in debt..please help and donate!" YET you turn around and spend all that money on crap you don't even need..then you have the balls to come back and ask for more! 20 pages of crap?? SERIOUSLY are you THAT blind and dense? People have been coming up with ways to help you and your community grow but I see you are set on abusing your fanbase to make EVERYTHING up for you so you can take it and say "Look I made this all myself!". Also on a side note...YAY for wall of text!

• Upvote 4

Ok first of all, look at the attached image stuff like this needs to stop. Nobody can keep up. Second of all be wary of what your playing. 30 minutes of a game is fine. But it depends on what type of game. For an RPG people prob don't wanna watch 100 parts of 30 min grinding gameplay. On other hand a game like walking dead or Heavy rain would lend itself well to 30 minute videos as people prob really wanna see what happens next. 

Screen Shot 2015-01-26 at 11.16.24 PM.png

Phil instead of us making a bullet point list for you how about you read it or i don't know have a talk with these people instead of us typing everything it would be so much fast and you might be able to defend yourself better so instead of saying no to that just do it you never let anyone defend themselves because you block them well show you can man up and go on Skype of something and talk to people shoot ill even do it. 

​While sometimes they get a little too nit picky, a lot of them still have valid points and shouldn't be ignored.

It is a problem when he doesn't say much during these long and boring parts, he really says almost nothing and that's what makes it boring. It's also lazy because he clearly stated that it is too much effort on multiple occasions.

Well that's because people have many issues with PandaLee. Oh and Phil does make many faux pas, there is no denial there when he has made many hypocritical statements in his "career" and has said tons of things that if he were in a real job would get him fired in a heart beat.

I agree that it is hard to change someone, but it's not so much that we want to change Phil, it's more that we want him to stop ignoring all of his flaws and just accept responsibility for what he has said and done in the past.

Now I will point out my opinions for about the millionth time(Which the reason why will be explained in my points):

Let's first go to the editing complaint, it's not just things like boring parts, it's also the constant complaining after each death. Improvement Number 1: While it is okay for deaths in a video, when you're just constantly blaming the game instead of looking up ways on how to play the games, then it gets rather annoying so just learn to cut that out more unless it is legit the game or if it's like 3-4 deaths.

Improvement Number 2: Stop blaming people for "detracting" from your videos, a lot of people watch you BECAUSE of the TIHYDP videos, so learn to loosen up and laugh at yourself as you'll see that you have less stress that way. Oh and learn to actually converse with everyone even the people who don't like you as they could give you good advice (Not everyone because there are some people that are just immature and quite wicked with people telling you to kill yourself, I don't like Phil, but my God is that just too far.), and you could actually learn to improve yourself immensely.

Improvement Number 3: Figuratively, no one wants to see 15, 10 minutes long videos in a span of 5 minutes in their inbox. There is no issue with making longer videos and taking your time on the uploads in fact it can build up anticipation (I know this personally as The Two Best Friends do this and it actually gets me anticipating the next video), which is always good and at the same time, you then have time to relax and interact with your fans on the forums if you want.

Those are just three improvements that I can think of right now, but they are also meant to at least try and help you see why we have issues with Phil and why we're not fans of his anymore, there are other problems, but as I said these are what I can think of right now as I can't really think straight when starving. XP

​I really like your points and suggestions, I would like to see Phil free up more time. I still kinda like his unedited style and it is kinda fun to see him play badly and give him grief. I wonder if Phil could try an LP in a totally different format, like people would want and see how it's received?

Well, it's time for me to give it a go.  I have a lot to say, and I'm going to be very specific, so bare with me, Phil.

On the forums previous to this one, you mentioned I was coming from a closed minded perspective with my satire, among other things, but I won't get off the point.  I have watched your vlog channel and pieces of the gaming channel, so know that my perspective does not come from just "hater videos", but your direct content.  Anyway, I believe I can shed light on things.

In a podcast, you mentioned the vlogging channel was doing better than the gaming channel.  You equated that to a binary anylitics system advantage the vlogging channel had over the gaming one, however, I would say that's only a quarter of the way true.  I'm going to draw a comparison between the two channels and tell you where I believe the real meat of the problems are.

The vlogging channel depicts you in the ideal light.  You are informative, you have a lot to say and you articulate with your words.  On the Hateful Truth reviews, when you love a game like Alien Isolation, we feel the joy you had with the game through your presentation.  With a game you strongly dislike, such as Destiny, you still articulate good points and the anger toward the game feels more passionate than ragey.  It's a kind of passionate anger that feels like you're upset on behalf of us if we wound up with such a mediocre product.  I would just suggest that you try not to draw too many exterior conclusions and point them out as fact, like IGN's true motives or whatever.  That can lead to some hot water.  As long as you say "I don't understand why the hell such crap was scored so high, I guess they're just stupid" and leave it at that, things should be good, unless concrete proof with linked sources can be presented. Then go nuts.  Finally, the vlogging channel uploads lengthy videos every couple of days.  Giving a viewer time to get hungry again before feeding them more content is pretty basic stuff for all walks of entertainment.

The gaming channel however, contradicts all of the positive points of the vlogging channel.  You very, VERY often are crass and ragey, making weird excuses one after another for why you failed something, which oddly enough, doesn't become present when the game is reviewed.  This creates endless contradictions that confuses people as to your true thoughts, especially new viewers.  The raging is funny in short bursts, but yours go on for several hours at a time and people only have so much patience for that before they tune out.  I like to think the draw of a Let's Play incites the feeling of having fun with video games in the company of friends, enriched by the experience.  With yours however, they far too often simulate having that one salty friend in the room who makes dumb excuses and gets angry at losing, sucking all the positive energy out of the room and making you uncomfortable until you just want to turn the game off.  There are rare moments when you are very positive throughout the majority of the play through, like your Murdered Soul Suspect LP, which I sat through all the way to the end.  Why?  Well the lack of fail states kept your rage at bay and your commentary is much more alive when you're positive.  The other problem is one you've probably heard a billion times before.  Your upload rate.  It is completely absurd.  On average, daily, you upload hours of footage in 8+ parts.  The diminishing returns effect come into place here.  Missing one day of your channel means falling so far behind, you'll never catch up.  You used to be able to get away with that upload rate when YouTube was younger but now there is far too much shit to sort through and you absolutely feel the length of each part.  The backtracking, the running back to the retry point, the hundreds of retries on one race, this can all be cut out in editing while still leaving the actual fails in.  Viewers LOVE the fails, but don't enjoy enduring the punishment of wasted time that comes with them, especially when the life is drained out of you during that time and your commentary spirals out of control.

So what can you do?  Well, I would suggest you upload 2 - 3 videos a day in 15 - 20 minutes a piece with all the redundancy edited out, but you've touched on that already.  It's too late to try that now because your views can't sustain a decent living that way anymore, so I get it.  Don't worry, there's more.  With Patreon, get those rewards sorted out, and fast.  Make sure there's plenty of reward tiers to choose from.  If you get enough patrons, you just may be able to use that cushion to give the above suggestion a try, making your content infinitely more digestible for daily viewings.  I'm already chipping into your Patreon myself a little, so please consider it.  It'll help you in the long run.  Finally, and this is a big one that you can afford to do right now.  Improve your attitude.  Discipline yourself not to get so furious all the time and try to fill bits where not too much is happening, with what your thought process is at the moment.  I dunno, maybe even try to tell funny unrelated stories too.  Maybe give thoughts on the game so far.  Don't let too much dead air make it in.  I realize you say you are the realest guy on the internet, but that does not give you the excuse to be irresponsible with the position you have been given.  Learn some restraint, take more shortened breaks if you start losing your cool so you can return refreshed.  Let vlogger Phil take the gaming seat, not that salty friend people have gradually started avoiding, the guy who has that weird state of mind where everyone else has the problem but him.

, for the love of vidyagames ... and my wrists, have the patience to read this and consider what I'm saying.  Ow.

I typed this on my tablet at 3:00 AM and my wrists are fucking killing me, so please

​Well said man, you make alot of great points and I really hope Phil considers it. 

• Upvote 3

Personally, I'm just confused as to why someone who doesn't even have the time to watch an hour or so of Youtube every day would expect everyone else to be able to watch HOURS of gameplay every day. If you're producing content that you wouldn't even watch yourself, you're really making a tough sell. Youtube has evolved from a "people sharing home videos" website to a proper source of quality entertainment. There's so much competition now, so you simply cannot get by during the absolute minimum.

Not editing out loading screens, backtracking and the likes is simply crazy in the current climate. Most people watch several Youtubers, and each of them put out 15-30 mins. of content a day. People aren't going to watch 4 hours of gameplay a day on one channel, especially not if 30% of it is mind-numbingly boring.

• Upvote 7

Personally, I'm just confused as to why someone who doesn't even have the time to watch an hour or so of Youtube every day would expect everyone else to be able to watch HOURS of gameplay every day. If you're producing content that you wouldn't even watch yourself, you're really making a tough sell. Youtube has evolved from a "people sharing home videos" website to a proper source of quality entertainment. There's so much competition now, so you simply cannot get by during the absolute minimum.

Not editing out loading screens, backtracking and the likes is simply crazy in the current climate. Most people watch several Youtubers, and each of them put out 15-30 mins. of content a day. People aren't going to watch 4 hours of gameplay a day on one channel, especially not if 30% of it is mind-numbingly boring.

​You know usually I have many issues with you, but I have to agree with you.

@DasBoSchitt:

one of the best posts so far in this forum, and I really hope Phil will read it.

First of all, you mentioned WWE Supercard yourself a lot, on your youtube channel, during your vlogs, on twitter. You even used your nickname Darksydephil on the WWE supercard forum. It's not privacy-intruding. You told the viewers yourself that you play that game, for example when you said you want to try out streaming from iPad / iOS devices because you want to show us strategies about WWE Supercard. Then you mentioned that you have spend hundreds of dollars into the game.

If you expose your hobbies and your life to the internet in first place, do not complain about people talking about it.

Another sad thing  is that you literally call all attempts this thread tries to provide you with helping to improve you less and less useless. I do not know if that sentence of mine was proper grammar to begin with, but it is kind of disrespectul to the good spirit people are showing you. Please take the time and look through the entire thread yourself, asking someone to find bullet points for you may let you look like you are too lazy to deal with fan concerns.

• Upvote 1

This reasoning is entirely stupid

anyone even talking about it needs serious help.

20 pages of mostly crap

Even if you think you're 100% correct, insulting people doesn't make you look like the better man.  It accomplishes nothing.  And you're sometimes vague in the targeting of your insults, so people can't place if, for example with the above quotation, they were among those who you deemed to be talking 'crap'. They may feel insulted even when you didn't mean it at them.

How do you benefit from talking this way?

• Upvote 2

..."He should upload videos around 15 minutes" which I've been doing for months, especially for these longer RPG playthroughs, but apparently nobody notices. Just keeps repeating themselves that I upload too many short videos. ...

..."Longer videos will get him more views" which is entirely incorrect. Since I've started uploading longer videos, views have remained the same because it's the same people watching them regardless of if they're long or short. ... 

... "He releases too many videos/plays too many games" ...

​I'm okay with how you upload personally, the things I do like are the uncut gameplay, the raging is funny and that you just jump in with any game with no background and figure it out as you go, it can be a slow processes to watch and others can find it infuriating, but I think it's funny. There's some parts where I think you're never gonna get through, but somehow you do. That's one thing that is impressive, is that you get around problems no one else would do, or think of cause it's not practical or wouldn't make sense, but somehow you push through. Fumbling through at times, but somehow you find a way and still beat the game, I don't think there is many games you have gave up on and you tackle ones that would be too much for me. There are times you also throw a surprise out there and complete a portion that is usually hard for most, but you punch right through and see comments like "It took me 5+ tries to get through that!". On the other side, there are portions that are meant to be easy, but you really struggle and replay a ton of times and drives others nuts to watch. I think you are a good gamer and seen you can think on your toes and figure out a strategy, but I think you get stuck a lot cause you're trying to get through a ton of games in a short time and you want to get through each game as quick as you can, than take a little time to slow down. 

I would admit, the sheer number of videos is impressive, but can get overwhelming, I know I can't watch them all, I dunno how you do so much game play in one day. There are LPs I don't watch because there is so much content coming in, I can't watch them all in one sitting, but usually the LPs I do skip are ones I'm just not interested in and wait for something really cool to come up.

Maybe you could try an LP made specifically to be in a totally different format than your normal LPs and see what kind of reception that gets? Where the videos could stay about 15-20 minutes, thats about the length most other LPers aim for. I've noticed your standard is around 10 minutes, but I guess most people favor LP a little bit longer, cut to edit out parts of getting stuck, replaying an area, or during something tedious to watch.

I've also seen people say there are parts of the LPs that are boring, but like I said at the beginning, I like your LPs. I think they are talking about parts where you get stuck and even parts you don't talk a lot. I however think you do talk a lot, another one of my favorite things about your LPs IS your commentary, you come up with the funniest stuff. There is one LPer I can think of that plays one particular game that is about as redundant and repetitive as you can possibly get, and it's the one game he's known best for. If he never spoke, I think the videos on their own would be a snooze fest. His LPs are uncut, like yours, but I think he gets away with it cause he's always talking about something interesting, I've even heard some people don't even watch the screen, they just have him playing in the background, as a podcast. He'll upload like one 20 min video a day and still get tens of thousands of views and people love him, he also has a gimmick that is a theme for the long running series and that also attracts positive attention. I think what I'm trying to say, is that you might get away with uncut videos if you had stuff to talk about, like maybe viewer interaction and questions while you play and just personal stories and insights.

Thanks Phil, I think you're awesome, good luck with your videos.

making weird excuses one after another for why you failed something, which oddly enough, doesn't become present when the game is reviewed.  This creates endless contradictions that confuses people as to your true thoughts,

Yeah, you pointed out something there that I've felt for a while.

Well, it's time for me to give it a go.  I have a lot to say, and I'm going to be very specific, so bare with me, Phil.

...The vlogging channel depicts you in the ideal light.  You are informative, you have a lot to say and you're articulate with your words. 

...The gaming channel however, contradicts all of the positive points of the vlogging channel.  You very, VERY often are crass and ragey, making weird excuses one after another for why you failed something, which oddly enough, doesn't become present when the game is reviewed.  ....  

...The raging is funny in short bursts, but yours go on for several hours at a time and people only have so much patience for that before they tune out.  ...

...There are rare moments when you are very positive throughout the majority of the play through, like your Murdered Soul Suspect LP, which I sat through all the way to the end.  Why?  Well the lack of fail states kept your rage at bay and your commentary is much more alive when you're positive... 

... Viewers LOVE the fails, but don't enjoy enduring the punishment of wasted time that comes with them, especially when the life is drained out of you during that time and your commentary spirals out of control.

So what can you do?  Well, I would suggest you upload 2 - 3 videos a day in 15 - 20 minutes a piece with all the redundancy edited out, but you've touched on that already.  

...Let vlogger Phil take the gaming seat, not that salty friend people have gradually started avoiding, the guy who has that weird state of mind where everyone else has the problem but him.

​Wow! Holy cow, the whole thing is amazing! Much better than I could say, I think you hit some great points on the head. I especially like the more talkative Phil to play the games and I agree with his reviews, he does make some good arguments and is very articulate, which I like.

On the forums previous to this one, you mentioned I was coming from a closed minded perspective with my satire, among other things, but I won't get off the point.  I have watched your vlog channel and pieces of the gaming channel, so know that my perspective does not come from just "hater videos", but your direct content.  Anyway, I believe I can shed light on things.

In a podcast, you mentioned the vlogging channel was doing better than the gaming channel.  You equated that to a binary anylitics system advantage the vlogging channel had over the gaming one, however, I would say that's only a quarter of the way true.  I'm going to draw a comparison between the two channels and tell you where I believe the real meat of the problems are.

The vlogging channel depicts you in the ideal light.  You are informative, you have a lot to say and you're articulate with your words.  On the Hateful Truth reviews, when you love a game like Alien Isolation, we feel the joy you had with the game through your presentation.  With a game you strongly dislike, such as Destiny, you still articulate good points and the anger toward the game feels more passionate than ragey.  It's a kind of passionate anger that feels like you're upset on behalf of us if we wound up with such a mediocre product.  I would just suggest that you try not to draw too many exterior conclusions and point them out as fact, like IGN's true motives or whatever.  That can lead to some hot water.  As long as you say "I don't understand why the hell such crap was scored so high, I guess they're just stupid" and leave it at that, things should be good, unless concrete proof with linked sources can be presented. Then go nuts.  Finally, the vlogging channel uploads lengthy videos every couple of days.  Giving a viewer time to get hungry again before feeding them more content is pretty basic stuff for all walks of entertainment.

The gaming channel however, contradicts all of the positive points of the vlogging channel.  You very, VERY often are crass and ragey, making weird excuses one after another for why you failed something, which oddly enough, doesn't become present when the game is reviewed.  This creates endless contradictions that confuses people as to your true thoughts, especially new viewers.  The raging is funny in short bursts, but yours go on for several hours at a time and people only have so much patience for that before they tune out.  I like to think the draw of a Let's Play incites the feeling of having fun with video games in the company of friends, enriched by the experience.  With yours however, they far too often simulate having that one salty friend in the room who makes dumb excuses and gets angry at losing, sucking all the positive energy out of the room and making you uncomfortable until you just want to turn the game off.  There are rare moments when you are very positive throughout the majority of the play through, like your Murdered Soul Suspect LP, which I sat through all the way to the end.  Why?  Well the lack of fail states kept your rage at bay and your commentary is much more alive when you're positive.  The other problem is one you've probably heard a billion times before.  Your upload rate.  It is completely absurd.  On average, daily, you upload hours of footage in 8+ parts.  The diminishing returns effect come into place here.  Missing one day of your channel means falling so far behind, you'll never catch up.  You used to be able to get away with that upload rate when YouTube was younger but now there is far too much shit to sort through and you absolutely feel the length of each part.  The backtracking, the running back to the retry point, the hundreds of retries on one race, this can all be cut out in editing while still leaving the actual fails in.  Viewers LOVE the fails, but don't enjoy enduring the punishment of wasted time that comes with them, especially when the life is drained out of you during that time and your commentary spirals out of control.

So what can you do?  Well, I would suggest you upload 2 - 3 videos a day in 15 - 20 minutes a piece with all the redundancy edited out, but you've touched on that already.  It's too late to try that now because your views can't sustain a decent living that way anymore, so I get it.  Don't worry, there's more.  With Patreon, get those rewards sorted out, and fast.  Make sure there's plenty of reward tiers to choose from.  If you get enough patrons, you just may be able to use that cushion to give the above suggestion a try, making your content infinitely more digestible for daily viewings.  I'm already chipping into your Patreon myself a little, so please consider it.  It'll help you in the long run.  Finally, and this is a big one that you can afford to do right now.  Improve your attitude.  Discipline yourself not to get so furious all the time and try to fill bits where not too much is happening, with what your thought process is at the moment.  I dunno, maybe even try to tell funny unrelated stories too.  Maybe give thoughts on the game so far.  Don't let too much dead air make it in.  I realize you say you are the realest guy on the internet, but that does not give you the excuse to be irresponsible with the position you have been given.  Learn some restraint, take more shortened breaks if you start losing your cool so you can return refreshed.  Let vlogger Phil take the gaming seat, not that salty friend people have gradually started avoiding, the guy who has that weird state of mind where everyone else has the problem but him.

I typed this on my tablet at 3:00 AM and my wrists are fucking killing me, so please, for the love of vidyagames ... and my wrists, have the patience to read this and consider what I'm saying.  Ow.

​Well said. If there's a post that Phil SHOULD look at, it's this one. Very informative post.

"He should upload videos around 15 minutes" which I've been doing for months, especially for these longer RPG playthroughs, but apparently nobody notices. Just keeps repeating themselves that I upload too many short videos.

​Sorry Phil but this isn't entirely true. I've seem numerous playthrough parts that are 7-9 minutes long. There was even a 6 minute Dragon Age Inquisition part. That's cheap and lazy. Now yes, lately most of your videos have been decent length and in some cases really long. But do you really expect us to praise you over that?

I also like how I made a reasonable suggestion of how long the videos should be because I've seen plenty examples of videos that were way too short and you label my post as pointless crap. I'm only trying to help by giving me two cents and this is the thanks I get?

• Upvote 2

The proper way to handle tonight's Grim Fandango screwup would be to realize that the recording and uploading method Phil is using is flawed beyond belief.

But he's already blaming PC gaming and Sony. So, uh.

I think Phil has reached a turning/breaking point. He either changes his ways or his career ends. Have you seen his views recently? It's fucking embarrassing. The "slandering hater" DasBoSchitt has written the best post in this thread and we can only hope Phil stops being defensive for once and takes it seriously.

• Upvote 3

I think Phil has reached a turning/breaking point. He either changes his ways or his career ends. Have you seen his views recently? It's fucking embarrassing. The "slandering hater" DasBoSchitt has written the best post in this thread and we can only hope Phil stops being defensive for once and takes it seriously.

​Once a slandering hater always a slandering hater it seems.

DBS has already said his piece several times in the past, including back at the old forum. If Phil was too stubborn to admit his own faults then, then he's too stubborn to admit them now.

​I already think Phil is too far gone. Personal feelings aside, I believe every person deserves a second chance. Or a third... or a fourth... or a fifth...