The King of Hate Forums

RENAMED: How Phil Can Improve Himself

​That's why it's unreasonable. How many times should he have to apologize before we move on and forget about it? It's irrelevant whether or not the original apology happened or not because you're claiming even if it did that he has a responsibility to continue to apologize. And what's YOUR reason? Why should he have to keep apologizing for a JOKE that happened FOUR years ago if he ALREADY apologized for it?

There's never any reason to apologize for something multiple times. You either accept the apology and move on, or you reject it and hold a grudge. But demanding that they apologize multiple time because you feel like it. That IS unreasonable.

​LOL he never apologized, people ask you to provide evidence of him apologizing and you can't do it. please just stop you're making yourself look bad.

I love how you and phil think that just because it happened four years ago then that means phil is somehow free of Criticism

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, it's time for me to give it a go.  I have a lot to say, and I'm going to be very specific, so bare with me, Phil. On the forums previous to this one, you mentioned I was coming from a closed mi

Y'know what? I'm just gonna be blunt here. The best advice I could possibly give to Phil? Get over yourself. No, that is not an insult. That's some healthy advice in response to you and your attitude

The original thread of this topic was full of intelligent discussion that was constructive and not offensive. Now read the pages of this second thread so far and compare them to the previous one: it's

Posted Images

Phil seems to have the 3 monkey syndrome. If he plugs his ears; he can't hear it, if he shuts his eyes; he can't see it and if he closes his mouth; he never said it.

​And it seems like since he moved in with Panda he has an extra set of hands to do all three at once.

• Upvote 2

Either the original apology happened - if it did, it is very much relevant and it is the duty of those defending Phil to provide that evidence of its existence, if it didn't then he's going to be held accountable, still, for his actions regardless of how long ago it was.

​No. It's not my duty to prove anything. I never said he did apologize. I was replying to the comment that said he should apologize EVEN if the original apology existed. Why should someone apologize twice? Because you say so? That's what I'm calling unreasonable. But I like how all of you evaded that context.

• Upvote 1

​No. It's not my duty to prove anything. I never said he did apologize. I was replying to the comment that said he should apologize EVEN if the original apology existed. Why should someone apologize twice? Because you say so? That's what I'm calling unreasonable. But I like how all of you evaded that context.

​Sorry, but if you're going to posit a claim then the burden falls on you to prove the claim is true. It's not mine, or anyone else's burden to prove a claim they don't believe to be true.

As for evading context:

The thing about this all is holding him accountable for things he has never repented for and is still present in his character today - he still thinks that he is above criticism for saying things that will likely, or will flat out, offend others. He still says some fairly inflammatory things in his videos and online communications (tweets and forum posts) but never takes the time out to realize that what he's saying might be problematic. It's all hurting his own image, and in his business his image is what helps him make the kind of living he's grown accustomed to.

So, if you think the requests for an apology from Phil are ridiculous then you could take the charge to provide the evidence that an "original apology" even exists. If not, then might I suggest you not try and police how others express their very valid feelings about something, regardless of how long ago it happened? 

​You don't get to police the feelings of others - if they are still outraged, they have that right to express that outrage. You don't get to claim that their feelings are invalid because it "happened long ago." It doesn't matter how long ago it happened, it's still something they see as affecting them.

So if he did apologize previously and people still hold issue with it it's likely because they are unaware of the original apology and want that satisfaction of closure presented for them - the simplest way would just be for Phil to be repentant and apologize for something that hurt the feeling of others instead of try and circumvent any wrong doing. After all, he makes it difficult for anyone who was hurt by that particular instance to find said apology by how much he uploads - he makes it exceptionally hard to believe such an apology would be sincere as he continues to partake in bigoted "jokes" that are likely to offend others. 

If you don't like that there are people who still hold issue with something he did years ago then tough. You don't get to exclaim that Phil doesn't owe anyone anything as these are mostly former fans of his, people he's in need of to further support his business. He doesn't have the luxury of treating his viewer base as disposable. Without the viewers Phil doesn't make enough money to maintain the lifestyle he's grown accustomed to. Without this viewer base he begins to bleed financially. He knows this and makes us all aware of it when he talks about low view numbers and how this hurts his business. If he wants to fix his business then taking some accountability on his actions that have harmed others is a great way to start rebuilding trust with former consumers.

So either the original apology exists or he needs to take accountability for those statements and actually issue an apology for those whom he offended. There is not real middle ground here that results in him gaining favor.

• Upvote 1

I think the montage he recently posted is a huge improvement.

​Yea, I was just about to say the same thing. That means he did listen to an individual's advice. Just take it slow ,Phil. One step at a time. Best of luck. In addition, Phil, maybe, if possible, try out certain game demos and get fan feedback to see if we want you to continue the game. Steam has a lot of indie games that you could try out; however, you don't need to beat them maybe just do a showcase. Indie showcase or something.

​Yea, I was just about to say the same thing. That means he did listen to an individual's advice. Just take it slow ,Phil. One step at a time. Best of luck. In addition, Phil, maybe, if possible, try out certain game demos and get fan feedback to see if we want you to continue the game. Steam has a lot of indie games that you could try out; however, you don't need to beat them maybe just do a showcase. Indie showcase or something.

​I believe someone suggested in DSP Tries that he could try out certain games for 30 mins and see if he likes it. Its a pretty good idea and there's probably tons of game demos/indies Phil could try out.

• Upvote 1

Why should Phil improve? Haters gonna hate, no matter what happens. In my opinion phil does not need to improve, but WE as a fanbase should.

I mean for example look at his thumbs up and thumbs down on his videos, more thumbs up then thumbs down, so I'm asking you why arent the people who thumbs up his content, commenting on twitter to let phil know that we are here and we like him. Or look at this Forum, the most things that are listed here is about dealing with haters, how Phil should improve, what Phil should make different ant so on! I think first of all we fans should Improve! Favorite his posts on twitter, commeting alot more on his videos and give a fuck about the haters, just block them.

Why should Phil improve? Haters gonna hate, no matter what happens. In my opinion phil does not need to improve, but WE as a fanbase should.

I mean for example look at his thumbs up and thumbs down on his videos, more thumbs up then thumbs down, so I'm asking you why arent the people who thumbs up his content, commenting on twitter to let phil know that we are here and we like him. Or look at this Forum, the most things that are listed here is about dealing with haters, how Phil should improve, what Phil should make different ant so on! I think first of all we fans should Improve! Favorite his posts on twitter, commeting alot more on his videos and give a fuck about the haters, just block them.

​You say that like nobody ever benefits from improve. Also you are discrediting people who try to help Phil rather than just swallowing what he serves them. If there is something he needs less it is people like you  who say yey to everything.

​You say that like nobody ever benefits from improve. Also you are discrediting people who try to help Phil rather than just swallowing what he serves them. If there is something he needs less it is people like you  who say yey to everything.

​Look, I am not discrediting people who try to help and want the best, but I think we reached a point where we should stop say what Phil has to do better and so on. We as a fanbase  gave Phil so many tips in what he could improve and how he could improve certain things and since he does not adapt alot of those things, we should rethink our strategy in helping him. That is all I wanted to say but  what you do is not the right way either, you as a fan cannot tell other fans that they are unwelcome and that is clearly what you said to me, that he needs less people like me, altough I try to help phil aswell and do not agree on everything he does. I think it is better sometimes not to say the negative things because phil experiecened alot of negativity and I just do not want to give him negative things, so I will keep them for myself. I rather focus on spread positve stuff than negative.

So basically because Phil has no thick skin we should only say nice stuff to him since he cannot deal with criticism? Thats not gonna help him at all. Behind your attempt to be "just nice to him" lies the interest to shut down critics because they deliver their lines without sugar.

is in his 30s, no need to pamper him, if he can dish out then he also can take some hits.

• Upvote 2

I totally agree with Jarvis. We should only focus on what Phil does well. No point dwelling on what he can do better, because that's for haters, right? Great job making it to the stream today Phil! You weren't punctual, but who cares? Nice one Phil, you managed to upload some videos today! They were mostly you staying silent, stating the obvious or making crude jokes, but I must be a malicious slanderer if I give a shit!

People keep trying to improve him because he hasn't improved. We can go about praising him on what he does well when he pays attention to the many, many things he does badly.

• Upvote 2

​Well, he's desperate for money and views.  He calls this a business, sometimes in business you have to hear criticisms to improve, you have to turn the other cheek against negativity, because the critics don't lose money things go sour, you do.  You can either artificially inflate faves and comments, which will be a bandaid solution, or push for real improvement, which will provide a solid foundation for life.

So basically because Phil has no thick skin we should only say nice stuff to him since he cannot deal with criticism? Thats not gonna help him at all. Behind your attempt to be "just nice to him" lies the interest to shut down critics because they deliver their lines without sugar.

is in his 30s, no need to pamper him, if he can dish out then he also can take some hits.

​You guys do not want to understand my point of view at all right? I did not say that YOU or other people never should criticize him. Criticzism is important, I know that and I do not want shut down critics BUT I think there are so many people out there that criticize him enough that I personally think that I don't need to criticize him. We all know that he is late on sometimes, that he rages, that his videos may be to short for alot people etc. and Phil does know that aswell. But in the end it's up to Phil if those things changes or not. I basicly was just pointing out that we as a fanbase should also think what we can improve but it seems that the fanbase cannot understand critic.

​You guys do not want to understand my point of view at all right? I did not say that YOU or other people never should criticize him. Criticzism is important, I know that and I do not want shut down critics BUT I think there are so many people out there that criticize him enough that I personally think that I don't need to criticize him. We all know that he is late on sometimes, that he rages, that his videos may be to short for alot people etc. and Phil does know that aswell. But in the end it's up to Phil if those things changes or not. I basicly was just pointing out that we as a fanbase should also think what we can improve but it seems that the fanbase cannot understand critic.tiv

​If there's so many people that have more criticism than nice things, then Phil is doing something heavily wrong. One great example is the fact that he was so "positive" two days, but yesterday reverted back to negative and calling people morons and idiots and miserable people. He already enough people telling him "positive" things about him so why should critics join the group? He can't have nothing but compliments because otherwise he gets a huge ego and insults everyone so no I will not just compliment him when he gets enough of that from his die hard fans who ferociously defend him all the time.

​If there's so many people that have more criticism than nice things, then Phil is doing something heavily wrong. One great example is the fact that he was so "positive" two days, but yesterday reverted back to negative and calling people morons and idiots and miserable people. He already enough people telling him "positive" things about him so why should critics join the group? He can't have nothing but compliments because otherwise he gets a huge ego and insults everyone so no I will not just compliment him when he gets enough of that from his die hard fans who ferociously defend him all the time.

​No, what I am trying to say ist that there are tons of people, who thumbs up his videos, like his posts and so on but they never speak up! That is what I would love to change, but can't. When yesterday did he called people morons and so on? Because it was not on the stream of Life is Strange. But what I do know that he does called people moron sometimes and so on since 2010 I believe? I doubt that this is going to change but sometimes you can really see that he tries to pull himself together in his playthroughs. I did not say that critics should "join the group" of people who already say positive things to him. I was trying to say that those critics should think of another strategy to help/improve him, because telling the same things over and over again does obviously not help. I rather want them see taking action than criticzising over and over again.

There is one other thing I wanted to say in general. Phil started youtube in 2008 and even since he burped and so on and people back than never hated on that, they laughed because of his burping so I dont get way people dislike that now? It is kinda like a trademark of Phil in my opinion but that does not belong in this thread I believe. I just wanted to get that off my chest.

​You guys do not want to understand my point of view at all right? I did not say that YOU or other people never should criticize him. Criticzism is important, I know that and I do not want shut down critics BUT I think there are so many people out there that criticize him enough that I personally think that I don't need to criticize him. We all know that he is late on sometimes, that he rages, that his videos may be to short for alot people etc. and Phil does know that aswell. But in the end it's up to Phil if those things changes or not. I basicly was just pointing out that we as a fanbase should also think what we can improve but it seems that the fanbase cannot understand critic.

​The reason why Phil needs feedback, both positive and critical, is because this is his business. A business of any sort depends on the feedback of the consumers. The business cannot grow if feedback is not given. In this case, it will not help Phil to omit the critical feedback and just fill his head with "Phil, you are doing everything right. There is no need to improve anything." I can see what you are trying to get at, but despite what Phil may think, he needs critical feedback.

​This is a very good point that shows what happens if Phil gets no critical feedback. He will no longer feel the need to improve and revert back to what he has been doing in the past. Feedback should be both "positive" and critical. You cannot omit critical feedback just because he has critics pointing out what he needs to change/improve. This is Phil's business, so he needs to use the feedback to improve his product.

• Upvote 2

​No, what I am trying to say ist that there are tons of people, who thumbs up his videos, like his posts and so on but they never speak up! That is what I would love to change, but can't. When yesterday did he called people morons and so on? Because it was not on the stream of Dying light. But what I do know that he does called people moron sometimes and so on since 2010 I believe? I doubt that this is going to change but sometimes you can really see that he tries to pull himself together in his playthroughs. I did not say that critics should "join the group" of people who already say positive things to him. I was trying to say that those critics should think of another strategy to help/improve him, because telling the same things over and over again does obviously not help. I rather want them see taking action than criticzising over and over again.

There is one other thing I wanted to say in general. Phil started youtube in 2008 and even since he burped and so on and people back than never hated on that, they laughed because of his burping so I dont get way people dislike that now? It is kinda like a trademark of Phil in my opinion but that does not belong in this thread I believe. I just wanted to get that off my chest.

​It was all on Twitter and if you want to talk about streams well two days ago on the Dying Light stream he just kept complaining because people were skeptical of this sudden transformation... For the 20th time. He only pulls himself together when he looks at the stream chat, which as I have pointed out many times seems to be his own persona; walkthrough as he never really interacts with any of you. When has he talked about anything the stream chat wanted to talk about?

Because back them he actually had enough manners to say excuse me now he just does it all the time and sometimes it seems forced, and I should know because I can force myself to burp on command and it seems pretty similar.

Oh now that is a lie because tons of fans speak up, but they only wait to attack someone who isn't a fan of Phil. They do that because they know they're in Phil's domain and they know fellow fans will defend them to the death because they have something in common.

• Upvote 1

​The reason why Phil needs feedback, both positive and critical, is because this is his business. A business of any sort depends on the feedback of the consumers. The business cannot grow if feedback is not given. In this case, it will not help Phil to omit the critical feedback and just fill his head with "Phil, you are doing everything right. There is no need to improve anything." I can see what you are trying to get at, but despite what Phil may think, he needs critical feedback.

​I know that phil NEEDS feedback, positive AND negative. I do not want to miss the negative feedback at all! I was just trying to say that I will focus on positive feedback because in my personal opinion it does not change much if he gets the same negative criticism he is already aware of.

Maybe I was not able to give people a proper description of my point of view and I am fully aware of the negative things surrounding Phil and his work.

This is a very good point that shows what happens if Phil gets no critical feedback. He will no longer feel the need to improve and revert back to what he has been doing in the past. Feedback should be both "positive" and critical. You cannot omit critical feedback just because he has critics pointing out what he needs to change/improve. This is Phil's business, so he needs to use the feedback to improve his product.

I do totally agree with that. 

​It was all on Twitter and if you want to talk about streams well two days ago on the Dying Light stream he just kept complaining because people were skeptical of this sudden transformation... For the 20th time. He only pulls himself together when he looks at the stream chat, which as I have pointed out many times seems to be his own persona; walkthrough as he never really interacts with any of you. When has he talked about anything the stream chat wanted to talk about?

Because back them he actually had enough manners to say excuse me now he just does it all the time and sometimes it seems forced, and I should know because I can force myself to burp on command and it seems pretty similar.

Oh now that is a lie because tons of fans speak up, but they only wait to attack someone who isn't a fan of Phil. They do that because they know they're in Phil's domain and they know fellow fans will defend them to the death because they have something in common.

On twitter I cannot tell about that yet because I did not read it, but I belive you.

Ah about the Dying light stream I am aware of that people are sceptical about phils change and they have reason to, I agree on that aswell.

I can force myself to burp aswell but my burps actually does sound different.

Regarding the fans, I was not lying, that is how I feel about that. Speak up just do insult haters or defending Phil is not what I mean by speaking up, I wish they would discuss more and give more positive and negative feedback.

On twitter I cannot tell about that yet because I did not read it, but I belive you.

Ah about the Dying light stream I am aware of that people are sceptical about phils change and they have reason to, I agree on that aswell.

I can force myself to burp aswell but my burps actually does sound different.

Regarding the fans, I was not lying, that is how I feel about that. Speak up just do insult haters or defending Phil is not what I mean by speaking up, I wish they would discuss more and give more positive and negative feedback.

​Well I wasn't calling you a liar, I was saying that statement was false in a way but I do feel I shouldn't have worded it like I did. They don't do it because a lot of them are close minded and think that Phil is just the epitome of perfection and so that's why Phil has such a huge ego because all of his die hard fans will just spout positive things and will even take his word as gospel and believe everything he says even when he isn't right.