The King of Hate Forums

RENAMED: How Phil Can Improve Himself

I know what happened at the end of 2012:Phil told people to leave after the infamous AC3 pt and all the drama that happened with Leanna and people not liking her.I get that he defended her and that was out of his control that a hurricane happened.But again he DIDN'T HAVE TO express himself in the way he did

As for 2011,I guess that was the time people got bored/stopped enjoying his videos

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, it's time for me to give it a go.  I have a lot to say, and I'm going to be very specific, so bare with me, Phil. On the forums previous to this one, you mentioned I was coming from a closed mi

Y'know what? I'm just gonna be blunt here. The best advice I could possibly give to Phil? Get over yourself. No, that is not an insult. That's some healthy advice in response to you and your attitude

The original thread of this topic was full of intelligent discussion that was constructive and not offensive. Now read the pages of this second thread so far and compare them to the previous one: it's

Posted Images

​Still regardless Phil made a schedule saying he would be streaming at 3pm, the fact that he's half an hour late and happens to be browsing the super card forums at the same time say something.

​As he posted in the Patreon discussion thread if you expect him to be on time for a stream then you're being ridiculous and self entitled. I wish I was making that up lol. 

• Upvote 4

​As he posted in the Patreon discussion thread if you expect him to be on time for a stream then you're being ridiculous and self entitled. I wish I was making that up lol. 

​I figure if he can't always be prepared to stream at a scheduled time, then it'd probably be better to just not even bother with a schedule at all--no one likes to be kept waiting. He could just tweet whenever he's preparing his stream, and tweet again when he's actually about to start the pre-stream.

​I figure if he can't always be prepared to stream at a scheduled time, then it'd probably be better to just not even bother with a schedule at all--no one likes to be kept waiting. He could just tweet whenever he's preparing his stream, and tweet again when he's actually about to start the pre-stream.

​That would be better than just setting up a schedule that he wont show up on time for.

Sorry but I don't see how spending $30 on a game is a big deal, he spends $50 or more on larger games. Being in debt doesn't mean he should be eating bread and water everyday. If he were buying several new cars, boats, and stuff that's actually expensive then I would agree. He bought a new house and car, doesn't he deserve that much?

He voluntarily chose to tell us about his financial distress, which is not something he had any obligation to do.  I'm not going to say that he does/doesn't deserve to be judged for it, but it was pretty obvious that he would be.  If you're going to air out your dirty laundry, don't be surprised when people complain about the stench,

• Upvote 1

Honestly at this point, who cares if he's on time for his streams or not? He's practically a sitting duck when it comes to DDOSers. Not to mention the fact that he's way behind the curve in regards to DDOS protection.

​Then care to share how could he protect himself from such attacks please?

Phil need to be consistent on what he says and keep his word on it. Especially if he the so-called "Realest Person on the Internet." He always says he's positive, he puts negativity in the past, won't talk about views, he plays games for fun, be above the drama, and won't insult anyone.

But he never keeps his word, flip-flops his statements, and is a hypocrite to those he bashes. For example, Phil bashes big YTers for playing games for money and taking donations, but Phil does the exact, same thing. Phil tries to justify his hypocrisy by saying video gaming is a business and donations is when he's low on money. It's only okay if he does those things, right? That doesn't seem fair.

• Upvote 1

​Then care to share how could he protect himself from such attacks please?

​I would suggest something like VPN. But according to Phil on Twitter, he can't afford VPN protection.

They may be able to DDoS the forum, but his gameplay streams should be fine.

​Who said anything about DDOSing the forum? It was his podcast stream that was attacked.

Heres something I have a problem with.  If Phil is going to take to Twitter daily and claim he is being threatened/DOXed daily he could at least talk about how or give evidence otherwise a lot of people, as I am, will remain sceptical.

For example, if people are sending things to his home, this is NOT a DOX,  As a lot of people know he WAS DOXed soon after upping sticks, most detractors, including myself, had nothing to do with this and frowned upon it but if people are using this info recently he isn't being DOXed again.  This could well be a case of Phil claiming it is daily to paint ALL detractors in a negative light when the truth is most of us are against such acts.  Obviously that is a hypothetical situation but in lieu of any evidence to back these claims up anything is a possibility.

Phil, you are going to have to be transparent of you want to be believed here, I'm not implying you are lying/bending the truth but it's common sense to have an open mind about hearsay.

Another thing worth mentioning is Phils constant reference to there being no jobs in the sector he previously worked in. 

Well allow me tell you a story, where I live in a coastal town in the UK we have a shipyard, when I was growing up it employed 14.000 people, by the year 2000 it employed between 3 and 4 thousand depending on orders, a loss of 10,000 in a town of approx 60k people.  Now what do you think those 10,000 people did?  Did they sit on their arses refusing to look for a job because there was no jobs in their sector or diversify and look for different jobs than they were used to in order to put food on the table?  You're damn right they took other jobs, skilled men working retail jobs or working refuse carts so don;t say to me you couldn't get a job because there are no jobs in your sector, that's a cop out.  Your sector, as a human male, is any job you are physically able to do skills permitting.

• Upvote 3

Something that annoys me about Phil is he's way too defensive about the hate he gets and that's why the haters keep coming back. It doesn't matter if Phil is right about them. If he argues about what they're doing he's showing weakness and it gives them reason to argue back regardless if they have nothing intelligent to say.

They'll never stop attacking you but it's a game of hit back to them. If you hit them back they'll hit you again. But if you brush it off and don't hit back then they have nothing to backlash at when you reply and they'll just move on.

Small comments like "These idiots need to grow up" will cause they to attack you again. You need to either COMPLETELY ignore them or humor them.

Something that annoys me about Phil is he's way too defensive about the hate he gets and that's why the haters keep coming back. It doesn't matter if Phil is right about them. If he argues about what they're doing he's showing weakness and it gives them reason to argue back regardless if they have nothing intelligent to say.

They'll never stop attacking you but it's a game of hit back to them. If you hit them back they'll hit you again. But if you brush it off and don't hit back then they have nothing to backlash at when you reply and they'll just move on.

Small comments like "These idiots need to grow up" will cause they to attack you again. You need to either COMPLETELY ignore them or humor them.

​What Phil needs to realize is that in these situations, the haters/trolls will always win. It doesn't matter how many times he tells them to grow up or get lives, none of those words mean anything to them. What matters to them is getting the attention that they want, and Phil is giving it to them.

Why do you think Phil is the one being targeted for all the drama and not other youtubers? Because he feeds into that drama, that's why. If it were any other youtuber be it CaptainSparklez, Markiplier, Two Best Friends, Northernlion, TetraNinja, GhostRobo, etc. They would simply ignore it or not care at all in the slightest. Hence the trolls and haters know they are wasting their time. But since Phil is the type that gets easily riled up, that's what's gonna keep them coming back for more, since they know that Phil won't be able to take the hate.

And it shows. Soapboxing about the drama is not going to deter the haters, it's just going to add fuel to the fire, and it only hurts Phil even further. If by chance some newcomer stumbles across Phil's vlogs, they are going to immediately notice his abrasive attitude and immediately get turned off. They would probably ask themselves, "Would I really want to hang around this guy in real life?" and the answer is most likely going to be no. Just look at the numbers from pre-2012 compared to how it is today. Views for Phil have taken a very sharp hit while his "competitors" per se, have experienced steady increases. Why could that be? Well, the most supported answer is that quality of Phil's content has gone down while other people's quality has been on the rise.

Also regarding Phil's attitude, it doesn't help that he likes to talk shit about the methods of other youtubers/twitch streamers like he is the one who's morally superior. It makes him look like a hypocrite when he calls other youtubers money grubbing whores for putting effort into post-production when he's the one desperate to get out of a financial crisis that he put himself in.

Why do you think Phil is the one being targeted for all the drama and not other youtubers? Because he feeds into that drama, that's why. If it were any other youtuber be it CaptainSparklez, Markiplier, Two Best Friends, Northernlion, TetraNinja, GhostRobo, etc. They would simply ignore it or not care at all in the slightest.

People following me on Twitter know I often make comparisons to Two Best Friends Play when criticizing Phil, and that's mainly because I think the group is a shining example of casual Let's Plays, and while I don't expect Phil to copy their style and do everything they do, I think he could definitely learn a thing or two from them.

They work well with others. They're a co-commentary group--they'd have to be able to put up with each other, or else it'd never work out. Matt and Pat argue like a married couple, but they've always got each other's backs. Different pair combinations of the group make for interesting commentaries not only because of their experiences with games, but their passion for films, TV, anime, etc. so there's lots of interesting bits of random trivia thrown in at times to mix things up, and you can tell they enjoy talking to each other about these things, given how hype they get at times. This also makes for good discussion in the comments section, where users always bring up their experiences with certain media. Artist/animator PlagueOfGripes isn't even part of the group but he practically is, purely by association, given how often they reference each other in their own work, as if they've built a working relationship over the years.

They're not afraid of being criticized. They often acknowledge comments and suggestions on previous videos, especially when they get stuck on certain parts (their gameplay isn't streamed, of course, so they don't get the feedback until after the fact). A lot of their commentary dynamic is based on them always trying to one-up each other and keep themselves in check, so if one of them doesn't notice something, another will. It's like having a second pair of eyes. They criticize themselves so we don't have to (though comments do help every now and then).

They do upload at a slower pace, which is probably my one issue with them. This does needlessly extend the lifetime of their playthroughs. I certainly wouldn't mind if they uploaded two or even three parts of each individual ongoing series a day, but it keeps from filling up their viewers' subscription box, and the one or two videos they upload a day generate enough attention because that's the only thing showing up at the time.

They usually keep most personal matters to themselves, apart from the occasional funny story during playthroughs/podcasts. Does that make them any less humble or "real" than Phil? No. They just keep everything on a need-to-know basis.

​I prefer the term Troll, it's quite clear when people have legit complaints versus those who are doing it for fun.

​There is a clear difference between "trolling" and "criticism".

What it seems like you're saying is that if people give criticism and if the person getting it doesn't agree with it, it's trolling.

Doesn't work that way.

Criticism is criticism and trolling is trolling.

• Upvote 1

​I prefer the term Troll, it's quite clear when people have legit complaints versus those who are doing it for fun.

​The problem is anyone that criticizes Phil gets grouped in into 1 term "hater"..it shows how sensitive Phil is to refer to his critics as haters.

• Upvote 2

​The problem is anyone that criticizes Phil gets grouped in into 1 term "hater"..it shows how sensitive Phil is to refer to his critics as haters.

​Completely agree.

Yes, people have trolled Phil in the past. Not that often, but it has happened.

But even when he gets legitimate criticism, he classifies it as hate or trolling.

Heres something I have a problem with.  If Phil is going to take to Twitter daily and claim he is being threatened/DOXed daily he could at least talk about how or give evidence otherwise a lot of people, as I am, will remain sceptical.

For example, if people are sending things to his home, this is NOT a DOX,  As a lot of people know he WAS DOXed soon after upping sticks, most detractors, including myself, had nothing to do with this and frowned upon it but if people are using this info recently he isn't being DOXed again.  This could well be a case of Phil claiming it is daily to paint ALL detractors in a negative light when the truth is most of us are against such acts.  Obviously that is a hypothetical situation but in lieu of any evidence to back these claims up anything is a possibility.

Phil, you are going to have to be transparent of you want to be believed here, I'm not implying you are lying/bending the truth but it's common sense to have an open mind about hearsay.

Another thing worth mentioning is Phils constant reference to there being no jobs in the sector he previously worked in. 

Well allow me tell you a story, where I live in a coastal town in the UK we have a shipyard, when I was growing up it employed 14.000 people, by the year 2000 it employed between 3 and 4 thousand depending on orders, a loss of 10,000 in a town of approx 60k people.  Now what do you think those 10,000 people did?  Did they sit on their arses refusing to look for a job because there was no jobs in their sector or diversify and look for different jobs than they were used to in order to put food on the table?  You're damn right they took other jobs, skilled men working retail jobs or working refuse carts so don;t say to me you couldn't get a job because there are no jobs in your sector, that's a cop out.  Your sector, as a human male, is any job you are physically able to do skills permitting.

​It's difficult to get even those jobs, especially with the competition out there. You're acting as if it's so easy to just get up and find a job when the economy is still recovering. And if he has these qualifications, he'll be considered overqualified. You're  also neglecting the fact that he has a disability.

While I agree there are people who have tried giving legit criticism, there are others who have resorted to insults and name calling. 

​Completely agree.

Yes, people have trolled Phil in the past. Not that often, but it has happened.

But even when he gets legitimate criticism, he classifies it as hate or trolling.

​At this point, you'd think he'd just take all the criticism and occasional trolling in his stride. I mean, that is why he's the King Of Hate, right? Shouldn't he be "owning" that hate, fueling himself on it and using it to push himself forward? Rising above it?

I figure he might as well make the best of his situation.