The King of Hate Forums

Gay Marriage Has Been Legalized And Recognized In The U.S.

True colours are being shown today. I've been reading the clusterfuck of comments on here the past day or two, fuck me raw.

Marriage and having a baby and two completely different things. Perhaps in the past or if you watch Game of Thrones, getting married was vital before having a child. Nowadays we have TV shows dedicated to teen pregnancy and buck tooth twats going onto Jeremy Kyle stating "The baby isn't mine" and are right half the time.

Same sex marriage is a great thing. The definition of marriage is "The legally or formally recognized union of a man and a woman (or, in some jurisdictions, two people of the same sex) as partners in a relationship". Nowhere does it say anything about a baby, so the argument "They can't be equal to everyone else because they cannot have babies" is completely invalid, babies have nothing to do with marriage, babies are their own thing. Marriage is the official joining or two people that love each other. What's yours is mine and what's mine is yours. Till death do us part. It's 2015 now and that's the official recognized statement of what marriage is. Perhaps 500 years ago if Google existed, the definition would be "Officially allowed to make babies"

I don't know about anyone else, but not all parents need both a mother or a father either. I've lived with my father for perhaps 70% of my life when my parents got divorced, and look how I turned out. I don't fucking capital letter my responses in a fit of rage and bitch slap whatever is thrown at me. Women ARE needed for the birth of children, but they ARE NOT always needed to raise the child appropiately. Look at this article.

http://abcnews.go.com/Lifestyle/dad-refuses-give-newborn-son-syndrome/story?id=28756025

The father wanted to raise his child appropriately. The mother wanted to get rid of it. For choosing the child over the mother, she divorced him. Fuck her.

Besides, the world is overpopulated as it is, we're most certainly not lacking the need for more child births.

Dude, I understand from your point of view completely.  And I bless you on how you became the person you are now despite your mom being a bitch.  But from what my parents taught me, a child needs both a mother and a father.  Yes, there are shitheads, but as I have said before can a man relate to a woman's period? NOOO!!!!  Plus, I never said they can not have relationships.  Marriage today is seen just as an union of two people (regardless of two people are or aren't the same gender) in love.  To me, that is any homosexual and heterosexual relationship that does not involve marriage. 

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice going USA. Love finally wins.   Seeing some of the comments heres makes me sick.

Fantastic news. wat

Please tell me you're joking.

Dude, I understand from your point of view completely.  And I bless you on how you became the person you are now despite your mom being a bitch.  But from what my parents taught me, a child needs both a mother and a father.  Yes, there are shitheads, but as I have said before can a man relate to a woman's period? NOOO!!!!  Plus, I never said they can not have relationships.  Marriage today is seen just as an union of two people (regardless of two people are or aren't the same gender) in love.  To me, that is any homosexual and heterosexual relationship that does not involve marriage. 

What your parents taught you is not true. It is based around common knowledge from decades, even centuries ago. I've linked you article after article explaining this, I've tried to talk to you about the importance of the primary socialization much more so than the gender of the parents, yet you fall back on "what your parents taught me".

You don't have to have something happen to your own body to be able to relate; it's a basic human function to feel empathy, at least if your development as an infant wasn't completely messed up. What's with the focus on a woman's period anyway? It's just a natural biological process, such a weird thing to keep bringing up. You talk with your daughter about what it is, and buy her some fucking tampons.

What your parents taught you is not true. It is based around common knowledge from decades, even centuries ago. I've linked you article after article explaining this, I've tried to talk to you about the importance of the primary socialization much more so than the gender of the parents, yet you fall back on "what your parents taught me".

You don't have to have something happen to your own body to be able to relate; it's a basic human function to feel empathy, at least if your development as an infant wasn't completely messed up. What's with the focus on a woman's period anyway? It's just a natural biological process, such a weird thing to keep bringing up. You talk with your daughter about what it is, and buy her some fucking tampons.

I look both of them up and they were both interesting.  However, the second one you gave is kind of misleading.  It should be more about homosexual couples having a bigger advantages then unprepared heterosexual couples.  Plus, I feel it is better off that women relate to each other through their problems rather than men getting involved.  I'm an old school guy.  I'm sorry.  I feel my parents raised me well, you don't like it, that is you're problem.  I'm a conservative and that is that.  Once again, you don't like it, that's you're problem. 

I look both of them up and they were both interesting.  However, the second one you gave is kind of misleading.  It should be more about homosexual couples having a bigger advantages then unprepared heterosexual couples.  Plus, I feel it is better off that women relate to each other through their problems rather than men getting involved.  I'm an old school guy.  I'm sorry.  I feel my parents raised me well, you don't like it, that is you're problem.  I'm a conservative and that is that.  Once again, you don't like it, that's you're problem. 

Again, what you feel is not the truth. You can feel whatever you want, but you have to accept that you're actively discriminating against a minority when you're doing so. Saying "I'm a conservative and that is that" just highlight your willful ignorance. There's nothing wrong with being ignorant, but refusing to challenge your own opinions is a terrible way to go about things. You're a conservative because your parents raised you to have those beliefs, not because they're the truth.

I'm a progressive, but that doesn't mean that I cannot look at the facts and see if my opinion (and feelings) on an issue are actually on point with the factual evidence presented in front of me.

Actually it does.  Reproduction does factor into all relationships including marriage.  A person's choice to mate with that person can come from his/her feelings of love.  A relationship can include reproduction.  Reproduction is not only a purpose it is also a choice. 

Sorry if i am interupting a big debate but I feel like I should get this out of the way: a straight couple can have kids without being married, ya know? It's kinda messed up but it happens.

Edited by Cless

Yeah I feel that children shouldn't really be a factor into whether or not gay marriage is legalized, plenty of straight people don't have kids.

However I do feel that's sad for both parties when children can't experience having a Father or Mother. meh

• Upvote 1

Sorry if i am interupting a big debate but I feel like I should get this out of the way: a couple can have kids without being married, ya know? It's kinda messed up but it happens.

that is true.

Again, what you feel is not the truth. You can feel whatever you want, but you have to accept that you're actively discriminating against a minority when you're doing so. Saying "I'm a conservative and that is that" just highlight your willful ignorance. There's nothing wrong with being ignorant, but refusing to challenge your own opinions is a terrible way to go about things. You're a conservative because your parents raised you to have those beliefs, not because they're the truth.

I'm a progressive, but that doesn't mean that I cannot look at the facts and see if my opinion (and feelings) on an issue are actually on point with the factual evidence presented in front of me.

You're right and I'm sorry.  Being conservative is a way of life.  To me, being liberal and progressive is not how this county was founded.  Now, should've racism, slavery, and women not being able to vote existed in the U.S?  HELL NOOOOO!!!  I did challenged my beliefs through out my life.  At times I've said "If God is so great, why is my life sucking right now?"  If two gay people love one another that is great.  Yes, it is true that marriage and reproduction are two separate things but they do factor into each other.  Good and evil are two separate things but they do factor into each other.  The human race needs reproduction to survive from a man and a woman.  THAT IS WHAT i HAVE BEEN TRYING TO SAY.  I'M SORRY THAT I HAD SAID IT HORRIBLY!!!!  From my Catholic faith, I believe that marriage and reproduction are both choices and factors.  Plus, you were telling me the definition of marriage from the secular term not from the religious term.  Also, about the Sabbath thing, that was not from the original Catholic Bible, that was from a standard version/new translation of the Bible.  Plus, everything on the internet is not always true.  Just because abortion is legal, same-sex marriage is legal does not mean I have to like it nor agree with it.  Plus, I heard my mother told me that on the 710 radio station, she heard a conservative homosexual explain his/her disapproval of the same-sex marriage approval.  I DO RESPECT AND ACCEPT THE FACT THAT IT SAME-SEX MARRIAGE IS NOW LEGAL, BUT THAT DOES NOT MEAN I HAVE TO LIKE IT NOR AGREE WITH IT!!!  You were telling your perspective from a progressive point of view, I was trying to tell you my perspective from conservative point of view.  Overall, I choose to follow my Catholic faith and my politically conservative views.  I do not understand why people choose not to factor reproduction in a romantic relationship.  I do not understand why. 

Edited by MDCFAN101

As of right now, I'm stepping away from political debates.  I gave it my best to tell people my perspective by they take it to another level.  I said from a reproduction aspect, homosexual human couples are not equal to heterosexual human couples.  But people choose not to factor reproduction from some reason where I choose to.  Even though same sex marriage is now legalized I still vastly disagree with the decision.  I've always believed that America is a predominantly Catholic nation and that it always should be.  America has turned her back on God.  All I will say now is, wait until the next presidential election where I can for people who share my beliefs. 

Edited by MDCFAN101

Yeah I feel that children shouldn't really be a factor into whether or not gay marriage is legalized, plenty of straight people don't have kids.

However I do feel that's sad for both parties when children can't experience having a Father or Mother. meh

There's an estimated 153 million orphans around the world, around 400.000 in the U.S. alone. These children are literally without parents, and their only hope in life is getting adopted by loving families that will take care of them both financially and emotionally. Gay couples are more than prepared to do that job. Obviously it's sad that they lost/were given up by their parents in the first place, but most of these children are results of unwarranted pregnancies that weren't aborted due to the extreme societal pressure from the conservative parts of society regarding abortion. Given the choice between never having a permanent family and having two moms/dads, the choice seems pretty clear to me. It's a valid argument to say that a child should ideally experience interactions with both sexes on a regular basis, but that could theoretically happen through the secondary socialization as well.

At the end of the day, gender roles are a social construct. Gay couples tend to fall into somewhat similar roles in a relationship with one partner being the more dominant one due to how our society is structured, so one of the partners could theoretically assume the role of the "father", depending on how you define that role and what you expect from it.

What is great about a straight-sex couple with no children? You can argue that they are away from adultery

It is sad that one cannot even have a different opinion in this matter. "If you do not agree with us, then you're an a**hole so you better put rainbows in your profile or else!"

It is sad that one cannot even have a different opinion in this matter. "If you do not agree with us, then you're an a**hole so you better put rainbows in your profile or else!"

Well, one opinion is in favour of equality while the opposite opinion is in favour of discrimination.

Well, one opinion is in favour of equality while the opposite opinion is in favour of discrimination.

So...I cannot respectfully disagree with homosexual marriage?

Great argument. (not)

That argument is irrelevant seeing how anyone can adopt a child, homosexuality has nothing to do with it. I know gay couples who had children with prior spouses and will never adopt a kid. How are gay couples "more financially and emotionally prepared?"...

On another topic, can homosexual couples donate blood, or organs upon death? I don't know much about the subject personally but I have heard that gay couples are often denied due to increased chances of transmissible diseases like HIV according to the FDA. If this is true then the number of organ donors for transplant recipients will drop over time.

Here is what I found:

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/active-homosexuals-18-times-more-likely-to-contract-aids-but-homophobia-is

Edited by LastRambo341
  • Upvote 1

Anyone who is against this is honestly the scum of humanity

Great argument. (not)

There's an estimated 153 million orphans around the world, around 400.000 in the U.S. alone. These children are literally without parents, and their only hope in life is getting adopted by loving families that will take care of them both financially and emotionally. Gay couples are more than prepared to do that job. Obviously it's sad that they lost/were given up by their parents in the first place, but most of these children are results of unwarranted pregnancies that weren't aborted due to the extreme societal pressure from the conservative parts of society regarding abortion. Given the choice between never having a permanent family and having two moms/dads, the choice seems pretty clear to me. It's a valid argument to say that a child should ideally experience interactions with both sexes on a regular basis, but that could theoretically happen through the secondary socialization as well.

At the end of the day, gender roles are a social construct. Gay couples tend to fall into somewhat similar roles in a relationship with one partner being the more dominant one due to how our society is structured, so one of the partners could theoretically assume the role of the "father", depending on how you define that role and what you expect from it.

That argument is irrelevant seeing how anyone can adopt a child, homosexuality has nothing to do with it. I know gay couples who had children with prior spouses and will never adopt a kid. How are gay couples "more financially and emotionally prepared?"...

On another topic, can homosexual couples donate blood, or organs upon death? I don't know much about the subject personally but I have heard that gay couples are often denied due to increased chances of transmissible diseases like HIV according to the FDA. If this is true then the number of organ donors for transplant recipients will drop over time.

@MDCFAN101 Same sex marriage will not lead to the extinction of humanity. Straight couples will continue to have babies.

@LastRambo341 Having an opinion is one thing, advocating for the restriction of rights on a segment of the population is another. Because laws affect everyone they should be based on facts not opinions or traditions.

@Michael The world isn't overpopulated. Theres more then enough resources to provide everyone on the planet with basic necessities. The resources of the planet are currently being mismanaged.

“Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's needs, but not every man's greed.”

― Mahatma Gandhi

• Upvote 1

So...I cannot respectfully disagree with homosexual marriage?

Can I respectfully disagree with black people getting married? Can I respectfully disagree with women's right to vote?

Great argument. (not)

That argument is irrelevant seeing how anyone can adopt a child, homosexuality has nothing to do with it. I know gay couples who had children with prior spouses and will never adopt a kid. How are gay couples "more financially and emotionally prepared?"...

The adoption rate among homosexual couples is 15% higher than heterosexual couple, and that's with many states having laws in place that either disallows it or makes it nigh on impossible for them to adopt due to not being able to marry.

Look at the article I posted about gay couples being better prepared for children. It's basic statistics, but here's a few examples:

• Gay couples HAVE to go through the rigorous process of getting approved through an adoption agency. This requires a social worker to asses them as fit parents, both socially but especially economically.
  • Gay couples cannot get an unwanted child, due to very, very obvious reasons. The massive problem of teenage pregnancy is literally not a thing in the gay community, while it's a big problem among teenagers in the US, especially in the more conservative states.
  • The median household income among gay couple is $8000 more a year compared to heterosexual couples. Why? Gay people are on average better educated than straight people.

And yes, some hospitals discriminate with organ donations because of laws put into place during the outbreak of AIDS, at a time where people only thought gay men could contract the disease, and a time where it was much more difficult to diagnose. Just one of many examples of gay people getting discriminated against in the US. A gay person isn't even allowed to be at his SO's side during his last moments in life at a hospital due to them not being recognized as family members. Again, just because they're gay.

Also, how the fuck would the amount of organ donors drop over time? You do realize that gay marriage does not turn more people gay, right? They've always been gay. Not discriminating against gay people isn't suddenly going to biologically engineer us to spawn more gay children.

@Wanglord

Sorry but you cannot make up definitions as you please in regards to equality. Do you agree with a daughter and a father marrying each other and getting babies? If no, then you do not support equality! (See what I did there?)

In my opinion, disagreeing with same-sex marriage is NOT the same as blacks getting married or women voting. The only valid marriage, in my belief, is between an adult man and an adult woman. 

There are cultural and religious differences because people are different and they are raised everywhere. It is outrageous that you want to claim an ethnocentric view just because people do not think the same as you.

Edited by LastRambo341

Well hearing this news is great to my ears. Now I'll enjoy seeing those that hate this alot writhe in agony as same sex couples can literally be free of marrying one another without going through the "red tape of bull shit". I'm christian and I personally call that "same sex marriage is forbidden"  utter fucking bull shit. GTFO! 

Sure, it is one's opinion to not like it and it's to be respect it but when it comes to the happiness of others, you're going to have a VERY HARD time living with it because this has made alot of Americans very happy.

Edited by God_Revan
  • Upvote 1

@Wanglord

Sorry but you cannot make up definitions as you please in regards to equality. Do you agree with a daughter and a father marrying each other and getting babies? If no, then you do not support equality! (See what I did there?)

In my opinion, disagreeing with same-sex marriage is NOT the same as blacks getting married or women voting. The only valid marriage, in my belief, is between an adult man and an adult woman. 

There are cultural and religious differences because people are different and they are raised everywhere. It is outrageous that you want to claim an ethnocentric view just because people do not think the same as you.

1. We do not allow incestuous relationships due to very basic biological issues, which you should have learned during high-school. Comparing it to homosexuality is an absolute farce. If you don't know the difference, you seriously need to read up on it.
  2. Your belief is irrelevant; the fact is there's no difference. They're being discriminated because of how they were born, just like blacks were and just like women were. The only reason you don't think it's the same is because you've grown up in a society that had already fought those battles.
  3. It's crazy that I want to claim a view that doesn't discriminate against innocent people as the only logical and decent point of view? I don't care about your ridiculous imaginary friend in the sky that doesn't allow you to eat shellfish, mow your lawn on a Sunday and the likes, he doesn't fucking exist. If you find comfort in thinking he does, fine, but don't keep other people down because of your beliefs.

@LastRambo341 Having an opinion is one thing, advocating for the restriction of rights on a segment of the population is another. Because laws affect everyone they should be based on facts not opinions or traditions.

Absolutely spot on. The only argument against same-sex marriage is on religious grounds. If you want to live under a theocracy, move to Saudi Arabia.

Well hearing this news is great to my ears. Now I'll enjoy seeing those that hate this alot writhe in agony as same sex couples can literally be free of marrying one another without going through the "red tape of bull shit". I'm christian and I personally call that "same sex marriage is forbidden"  utter fucking bull shit. GTFO! 

Sure, it is one's opinion to not like it and it's to be respect it but when it comes to the happiness of others, you're going to have a VERY HARD time living with it because this has made alot of Americans very happy.

I'm moving to Japan as soon as I get a job overseas, this country is fucked.

I'm moving to Japan as soon as I get a job overseas, this country is fucked.

Wouldn't recommend doing that. You'll suddenly become the discriminated minority, work insane weeks and take part in one of the absolute worst work environments in modern society. 50+ hour weeks, mandatory nights out drinking (on work days) etc. Scandinavia is where it's at. 

Curious, how is the U.S. "fucked"? I don't even disagree, but I'm suspecting that your reasons are entirely different to mine.

Edited by Wanglord