The King of Hate Forums

Gay Marriage Has Been Legalized And Recognized In The U.S.

I really don't see why people are against gay marriage. How does it affect you personally? It doesn't.

It doesn't, but US conservatives are fucking mental, so y'know. Seems crazy from a European perspective, but to us the US is totally backwards and really not all about freedom and shit. Surely the freedom to get married is something the Land of the Free should be all about?

Edited by Beechey
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice going USA. Love finally wins.   Seeing some of the comments heres makes me sick.

Fantastic news. wat

Please tell me you're joking.

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHITSHOW?

love how religion tilts US politics so much, makes for amazing reading and some great laughs.

Well, it's the same kinda thing in Northern Ireland isn't it. Same-sex marriage continues to be opposed by the DUP after 4 votes on the subject.

Fun fact, the referendum in April was the first time ever that Same-sex marriage has been approved by public vote.

Also, for all you guys who are feeling off on the subject. You're allowed to have an opinion and you're allowed to respectfully disagree with the decision. I understand the feeling. I disagree with Abortion of any kind (other than cases of Anencephaly), the thought of it makes me very uncomfortable. But I know that there are a tonne of factors involved and my opinion is so insignificant there is no measure to describe how insignificant it actually is.

That's sort of the point and the intent behind the phrase "respectfully disagree". You disagree but you respect that your opinion doesn't contribute to the conversation at hand.

@Michael The world isn't overpopulated. Theres more then enough resources to provide everyone on the planet with basic necessities. The resources of the planet are currently being mismanaged.

“Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's needs, but not every man's greed.”

― Mahatma Gandhi

My comment wasn't regarding resources. The population has only been growing ever since major events like the World Wars and the Black Death ended and it's only going to keep growing. It's 7-8 billion now, eventually it'll be 9-10 billion, then 11-12 billion etc. There's more than enough people on the Earth at the current time and we're only adding to it. It's one reason why the Chinese introduced the one-child policy, to reduce the population growth. As the population goes up things start to go down like space and employment availability, especially with the advancement of technology.

Besides, I doubt the legalization of gay marriage is going to affect the birth rates one tiny bit.

Well, it's the same kinda thing in Northern Ireland isn't it. Same-sex marriage continues to be opposed by the DUP after 4 votes on the subject.

Fun fact, the referendum in April was the first time ever that Same-sex marriage has been approved by public vote.

Also, for all you guys who are feeling off on the subject. You're allowed to have an opinion and you're allowed to respectfully disagree with the decision. I understand the feeling. I disagree with Abortion of any kind (other than cases of Anencephaly), the thought of it makes me very uncomfortable. But I know that there are a tonne of factors involved and my opinion is so insignificant there is no measure to describe how insignificant it actually is.

That's sort of the point and the intent behind the phrase "respectfully disagree". You disagree but you respect that your opinion doesn't contribute to the conversation at hand.

I think that's a bit of a fallacy though. If you "respectfully disagree" with same-sex marriage, abortion and the likes, one would assume that you'd vote against those things as well as instill the same belief, whether it be intentional or not, onto your children. For the record, I've never had an issue with someone "feeling uncomfortable" with a social issue, but the line is crossed for me when someone puts their own feelings on a subject ahead of the factual evidence, and in the process vote to make things worse for a group of people.

I think abortion is an entirely different issue compared to gay rights. There are very valid arguments on both sides, especially when it comes to when the cutting off point is for voluntary (ie. not because the mother is in danger and/or the child will be born with a horrible disease/mutation) abortions. I can see the ethical point of view from the opposite side, and there's some severe biological impacts on this issue as well. I'm personally very uncomfortable with abortions late in the pregnancy as well - obviously not for religious reasons, but I think there's a fine line between aborting a fetus and killing a child when it comes to abortions late in the pregnancy.

Same-sex marriage literally hurts no one, other than some people's beliefs in an invisible man in the sky. We simply cannot respect the opinions of people's beliefs in supernatural things when it comes to legislation about civil rights.

• Upvote 1

You don't get to vote on human rights issues ffs. It went to the supreme court because their discrimination was unconstitutional.

Which is why that needs to be changed, we live in a democratic society. It would never have been legalized everywhere in the country.

Which is why that needs to be changed, we live in a democratic society. It would never have been legalized everywhere in the country.

You do not get to chose which group of people gets held down and discriminated against. This should be common sense ffs.

WHY do you have something against gay marriage anyway?

• Upvote 1

Your bigotry has no place in this world anymore. I hope you learn quickly that the right to love whomever you want is a basic human right, something that I'm proud the supreme court has finally acknowledged.

• Upvote 1

I'm moving to Japan as soon as I get a job overseas, this country is fucked.

So America is fucked because they legalized gay marriage? I've read pretty dumb comments before but this one is just really fucking stupid. Go to Japan KG because I can tell you right now that you will not be missed. Christ it's disgusting to see this sort of attitude still shown in this day and age.

• Upvote 1

So America is fucked because they legalized gay marriage? I've read pretty dumb comments before but this one is just really fucking stupid. Go to Japan KG because I can tell you right now that you will not be missed. Christ it's disgusting to see this sort of attitude still shown in this day and age.

There are plenty of bad decisions made by this countries leadership, this merely being the last straw for me.

If you think I'm the one with the problem you are sadly mistaken, you've been spoiled by the media and social networks. Many people in this country don't accept gay marriage, there are already people trying to overturn the decision that the supreme court made. Those people in the supreme court need to be removed.

Edited by KGhaleon

There are plenty of bad decisions made by this countries leadership, this merely being the last straw for me.

If you think I'm the one with the problem you are sadly mistaken, you've been spoiled by the media and social networks. Many people in this country don't accept gay marriage, there are already people trying to overturn the decision that the supreme court made. Those people in the supreme court need to be removed.

I still can't understand how legalizing gay marriage is a bad decision. I think they made a great choice in legalizing it. 

I'm no fool and I know that many people will never accept gay marriage and it's just a sad sight to see. Would be nice if all the bigots just left the country and lived somewhere else. 

• Upvote 1

I had to make an account just to respond to this, because it's appalling to see somebody so completely against Gay marriage, it doesn't affect you so why be so uptight about it? Why are you so completely against it? Because people didn't get to vote? Well you don't get to vote on what basic rights people should have, that would just lead to people voting to be above other people, so WHY?

• Upvote 1

I had to make an account just to respond to this, because it's appalling to see somebody so completely against Gay marriage, it doesn't affect you so why be so uptight about it? Why are you so completely against it? Because people didn't get to vote? Well you don't get to vote on what basic rights people should have, that would just lead to people voting to be above other people, so WHY?

What you call a basic right just feels like people abusing the system to me, and I believe we already explained why we opposed it earlier in the topic. You're not always going to have people who agree with you. We live in a democratic society and deserve the right to vote on this.

Also for the record, gay marriage only passed in a 5-4 vote by the supreme court so clearly not everyone shared the same opinion on the matter.

Edited by KGhaleon

A lot of wrong in this topic.

First of all, the United States of America is a constitutional republic. Not a democracy. This is important because this helps prevent the majority from oppressing the minority despite what the majority votes upon. (Think slavery, segregation, womens rights, etc..)

Second, we are animals. We are also primates. So this "hurr animals don't do this or haven't been in space" is untrue. Homosexuality is natural. There are many species outside of homos apiens that have it. Here is one for example (in fact, the species is all female and yet they manage to reproduce; just one of the many parthenogenic species on this planet)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Mexico_whiptail

Finally, the USA is not a theocracy either. So stop bringing up religious reasons as to why gay marriage should be banned. It is irrelevant. You can use your bible for your own moral reasons but don't expect the laws to be based on biblical laws

Edited by Generic
  • Upvote 1
  1. We do not allow incestuous relationships due to very basic biological issues, which you should have learned during high-school. Comparing it to homosexuality is an absolute farce. If you don't know the difference, you seriously need to read up on it.
  2. Your belief is irrelevant; the fact is there's no difference. They're being discriminated because of how they were born, just like blacks were and just like women were. The only reason you don't think it's the same is because you've grown up in a society that had already fought those battles.
  3. It's crazy that I want to claim a view that doesn't discriminate against innocent people as the only logical and decent point of view? I don't care about your ridiculous imaginary friend in the sky that doesn't allow you to eat shellfish, mow your lawn on a Sunday and the likes, he doesn't fucking exist. If you find comfort in thinking he does, fine, but don't keep other people down because of your beliefs.

1) But who are you to judge a mother and son who are inlove with each other? See, you're not for equality

2) I absolutely disagree because there is no single authentic evidence which concludes that "a man has sexual feelings towards another man straight from birth". It is scientifically impossible. Ironically, the reason why you accept same-sex marriage is because you've grown up in a society that accepts it.

3) You believe God doesn't exist, but I do. I'm not Christian so please do not attempt to use Biblical teachings against me. I don't keep people down, I have my own beliefs that I am entitled to and I am just sharing my own point of view but you have a problem of not accepting it, which you don't have to.

I have a question: homosexuality was banned in the past, right? Now it is legalized. What if in the future, other sexual deviants (which are banned now) , become legalized?

Edited by LastRambo341

2) I absolutely disagree because there is no single authentic evidence which concludes that "a man has sexual feelings towards another man straight from birth". It is scientifically impossible. Ironically, the reason why you accept same-sex marriage is because you've grown up in a society that accepts it.

At that young an age, sexuality isn't even a consideration. When I was a kid I thought all girls had cooties.

There are only two reasons why people are against gay marriage.. either they're stupid or they are secretly worried that dicks are delicious.

Or instead of being a judgmental person, you can accept that this world is sparse and has many people with different cultures, beliefs and traditions. Having an ethnocentric viewpoint of something does not make you superior.

1) But who are you to judge a mother and son who are inlove with each other? See, you're not for equality

3) You believe God doesn't exist, but I do. I'm not Christian so please do not attempt to use Biblical teachings against me. I don't keep people down, I have my own beliefs that I am entitled to and I am just sharing my own point of view but you have a problem of not accepting it, which you don't have to.

I have a question: homosexuality was banned in the past, right? Now it is legalized. What if in the future, other sexual deviants (which are banned now) , become legalized?

1. This question is so fucking stupid. PLEASE tell me you understand the biological consequences of two close related people reproducing? That's the exact reason why we don't allow it. We don't allow it for the same reason we don't allow someone to go stab you in the thigh with a knife. Innocent people get hurt.
  2. I've not grown up in a society that accepts it, I have educated myself on the issue. Considering you don't develop clear sexual feelings for years after your birth, your argument is completely nonsensical. You cannot provide the evidence that "a man ha sexual feeling towards a woman straight from birth" either.
  3. You keep people down if you don't vote for and agree with same-sex marriage. That's just a fact, you're taking away civil rights from a group of people, the very definition of keeping people down.

We allow homosexuality to exist because there is no victim, so your question is irrelevant. Incest, pedophilia, sex with animals and the likes are not victimless acts.

What you call a basic right just feels like people abusing the system to me, and I believe we already explained why we opposed it earlier in the topic. You're not always going to have people who agree with you. We live in a democratic society and deserve the right to vote on this.

Also for the record, gay marriage only passed in a 5-4 vote by the supreme court so clearly not everyone shared the same opinion on the matter.

Because it has nothing to do with you. You don't deserve a right to vote on the matter because it has absolutely nothing to do with you. This is a basic human right that you do not deserve to control, simply because you wish to spoil and regress it. Simple as that. Democratic Society does not mean 'allowed to regress humanity further because of close minded beliefs' Your opinion is null on the matter, quite simply. Are you gonna get married to a man in the future? 

No?

So what does it have to do with you? Why do you care so much that it's legalized? What massive earth shattering destruction has happened? It's been days now, tell me what has changed, has the world blown up? 

Let's face it, you're not throwing a hissy fit (and that's what it is) because you didn't get to vote, it's just because you're bigoted and  'Ewww, icky boys kissing' and stuff. It has nothing to do with you, you will hardly come across it unless you shove your face into it, like... uh... now. Which is by your own doing.  You would have thrown the same hissy fit if this thing passed with voting because it has nothing to do with democracy, you've just found a scape goat. You just don't like gay people because you haven't moved on with society. I would say that people would laugh at your beliefs in the future, but it's now gotten to the point where they're laughing at you now.

So please, tell me why gay marriage shouldn't be legalized, and don't mention the word 'democracy' at all. I'm asking why YOU think it should not be legalized. Bonus points for not invoking a religion that less than half the world follows and people tend to cherry pick texts from that turn out to be completely misconstrued.

Nobody is harmed by this happening, except for idiots who got butt hurt because something that doesn't involve them happened and someone half way across the country can put a ring on each other's finger now.

Don't throw in the 'sancitity of marriage' shit, don't even try. People have already married rollercoasters, waifu body pillows, The Eiffel Tower and the Golden Gate Bridge YEARS before gay marriage was legalized. In fact, one of the reasons it WAS realized is because people can already marry stupid shit already. It's legal to marry cousins in some states and it has nothing to do with gay marriage, that's been legal since homosexuality was outlawed. Gay Marriage hasn't caused any dumb shit at all, dumb people have caused dumb shit.

So as long as Brittany Spears and Kim Kardashian and whoever can get married for only two days, and as long as Davido-Kun can marry his waifu Kimiko-san, then in my opinion two people who love each other can get married.

Society isn't going downhill, it's just America is finally catching up with the rest of the world, you know, places like Ireland where IT WAS ACTUALLY VOTED ON. Seriously, it's always 'WHY AMERICA FAILING SO MUCH AS A COUNTRY' Uhm, I dunno, because it's 20 years behind everyone else? They argue and bicker about shit like gun control and health care while the rest of the world has it AND IT WORKS JUST FINE. Like conservatives will bring up all these points about what COULD happen, the answer is THE REST OF THE WORLD WHERE WHATEVER IS BEING ARGUED ABOUT HAS BEEN LEGAL FOR 25 YEARS AND NOTHING BAD HAS HAPPENED, IN FACT BENEFICIAL THINGS CAN HAPPEN. America ain't a special snow flakes, it's just an old man.

What this thread is full of.

OutOfTouchSkinnerSimpsons.jpg

Edited by ArcaneArts
  • Upvote 3

To KG, people voting on what is and isn't a basic human right feels like abusing the system to you? That's absurd. If it was left to popular vote black people would have never been made free in the states, yet they were because every human deserves equal rights all across the board. Simple as that, saying otherwise is discrimination and making them out to be less of a person and as such they don't deserve the same rights you have!

• Upvote 1

To KG, people voting on what is and isn't a basic human right feels like abusing the system to you? That's absurd. If it was left to popular vote black people would have never been made free in the states, yet they were because every human deserves equal rights all across the board. 

Spot on. A minority is never going to win a popular vote. The idea of human rights being decided by a public vote is absurd.

To KG, people voting on what is and isn't a basic human right feels like abusing the system to you? That's absurd. If it was left to popular vote black people would have never been made free in the states, yet they were because every human deserves equal rights all across the board. Simple as that, saying otherwise is discrimination and making them out to be less of a person and as such they don't deserve the same rights you have!

Gay people are only marrying for the financial benefits, it has nothing to do with love. Love is just the smokescreen.