The King of Hate Forums

Favorite Martial Artists

Hi guys,

MDCFAN101 here to give a new interesting topic.  Please feel free to list your personal favorite martial artists.

Here are mine:

• Chuck Norris/Bruce Lee
  • Steven Seagal
  • Jean Claude Van-Damme
  • Jackie Chan
  • Jet Li
  • Wesley Snipes
  • Michael Jai White
  • Jason David Frank
  • Jason Statham
  • 4 years later...

Jean Claude Van-Damme

Jackie Chan/Chan Kong-Sang

Sammo Hung/洪金寶

Gordon Liu/劉家輝

Yu Rongguang/于荣光 (More his serious acting than action scenes.)

Bolo Yeung/楊斯

Yuen Biao/元彪

The first that comes to mind, I might have more. I don't normally watch martial-arts movies anyway.

• Upvote 1
26 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

Jean Claude Van-Damme

Jackie Chan/Chan Kong-Sang

Sammo Hung/洪金寶

Gordon Liu/劉家輝

Yu Rongguang/于荣光 (More his serious acting than action scenes.)

Bolo Yeung/楊斯

Yuen Biao/元彪

The first that comes to mind, I might have more. I don't normally watch martial-arts movies anyway.

That's cool.

• 3 weeks later...

Lmao!!!!! Thanks for the healthy dosage of member berries @MoraMoria! I lived in Seoul from 2002-2008 and not only watched Rampage live at Gimmie Five in Seoul during his K1 days, I also engaged in shockingly similar “Fun” as him in that video more times then I care to admit with Koreans :) Good ol’ toxic Muuuuricanism 

-Snoutfoot

Edited by Snoutfoot
Grammar police
3 minutes ago, Snoutfoot said:

Lmao!!!!! Thanks for the healthy dosage of member berries @MoraMoria! I lived in Seoul from 2002-2008 and not only watched Rampage live at Gimmie Five in Seoul during his K1 days, I also engaged in shockingly similar “Fun” as him in that video more times then I care to admit with Koreans :) Good ol’ toxic Muuuuricanism

I think it's a bit sad that people would do this to someone who's happy to meet them.

There's also this video, not as bad as the other, though.

3 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

I think it's a bit sad that people would do this to someone who's happy to meet them.

There's also this video, not as bad as the other, though.

I don’t think it’s sad at all...he was doing it in good hearted fun and he gave the dude his cowboy hat afterwards. I’m 100% certain he was the victim of Good hearted Japanese pranks on him as well. I know Koreans pulled some hilarious shit on me my first few years in the country. Fun fact, ol’ Snoutfoot was tricked into ordering dog the first night I had dinner with my Korean co-workers after moving to Seoul and I can personally attest that Dog tastes nothing like Pork lol

14 minutes ago, Snoutfoot said:

Fun fact, ol’ Snoutfoot was tricked into ordering dog the first night I had dinner with my Korean co-workers after moving to Seoul and I can personally attest that Dog tastes nothing like Pork lol

Oh yeah, the classic food prank, could've been a lot worse in other places of Asia...

14 minutes ago, Snoutfoot said:

I don’t think it’s sad at all...he was doing it in good hearted fun and he gave the dude his cowboy hat afterwards. I’m 100% certain he was the victim of Good hearted Japanese pranks on him as well. I know Koreans pulled some hilarious shit on me my first few years in the country.

I guess it's fine then, although I really doubt anyone pranked such celebrity, unless by someone close to him.

Rampage became famous in Japan as well as spent his prime fighting years years there all prior to him coming to the UFC. He lived there for a couple years prior to blowing up in Japanese culture, I suspect he was subject to “pabo mee-gukin” (stupid American in Korean) treatment. As a big black dude in japan I’m certain he was stereotyped as an American service member which have a terrible reputation and subjected to pranks accordingly both benign and malignant. If Rampage or anyone else pranked that guy as such and didn’t have a deep love and respect for the Japanese people & culture I’d find it appalling though. 

16 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

Oh yeah, the classic food prank, could've been a lot worse in other places of Asia...

I guess it's fine then, although I really doubt anyone pranked such celebrity, unless by someone close to him.

• 3 months later...
On 5/24/2020 at 6:35 PM, MoraMoria said:

Go Bob! I kinda like him.

Have you ever practiced any martial arts? I wrestled for about 10 years starting when I was 4 years old. My pops was a huge WWF fan and I wanted to do wrestling to make him proud. When I moved from Pennsylvania to the Jersey shore in 5th grade, my wrestling coaches already knew who I was and called me the Living Legend lol. I feel as though Akido is the best martial art anyone can learn. And if you’re interested in striking people, Muy Thai > everything else. What I love most about Akido is that you never have to strike anyone. There’s something sublime about using someone else’s rage and anger against them without having to exert any energy yourself. 

7 hours ago, Snoutfoot said:

Have you ever practiced any martial arts? I wrestled for about 10 years starting when I was 4 years old. My pops was a huge WWF fan and I wanted to do wrestling to make him proud. When I moved from Pennsylvania to the Jersey shore in 5th grade, my wrestling coaches already knew who I was and called me the Living Legend lol. I feel as though Akido is the best martial art anyone can learn. And if you’re interested in striking people, Muy Thai > everything else. What I love most about Akido is that you never have to strike anyone. There’s something sublime about using someone else’s rage and anger against them without having to exert any energy yourself. 

Not in a dedicated place, just by my own.

Aikido? Not a big fan of it, try it in a street fight or something, and you'll get in some serious trouble.

I don't think Muay Thai is better than everything else, that would be MMA, a bit of everything and capability to adapt depending on the situation, (in my opinion).

• 3 months later...