The King of Hate Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BruceLeeR3turns

Tips for playing Crash Bandicoot

So this thread will be all about giving tips for phil on what to expect from what started it all for Naughty Dog. Keep in mind these are all my tips so if you have something i never did or anything, leave your tips below.

Crash 1: 

• Can't use analog, has to use D-Pad so get comfortable with it.
  • There are no auto saves so you might want to do the bonus rounds in-order to save your progress
  • Checkpoints for this game only does NOT save anything you collected before hand unless you gotten all the boxes & a gem then you have to restart.
  • once you lost all your lives, you go back to the menu so make sure you write down the password(similar to Mega Man)
  • There will be alot of deaths that are instant so be prepared
  • The game does NOT hold your hand so you must learn while you play. 
  • Make sure you have a Internal Memory Card for PS1
  • There will be mask boxes that you'll see throughout your playthrough COLLECT them. They are your health. 
  • If you get all 3 masks, you become invincible to damage for a short time so use it wisely. 
  • Both of the last two suggestions for Crash 1 applies to Crash 2 & 3 so keep it mind.

Crash 2:

• Same as Crash 1, this doesn't use analog though it was made after the fact the dualshock finally got the analogs
  • Alot more fluent & better controls.
  • Same as the first doesn't hold your hand for anything
  • Checkpoints save any progress including collecting the boxes so you don't have to go backwards to get any boxes
  • You can manually save anytime when you are in the warp room
  • Not too many instant deaths but there can be if you don't rush or not pay attention

Crash 3:

• FINALLY the ability to use analog so after the 2 games you can finally use the analog instead of the D-Pad
  • Feels weird at first but you get used to it
  • Alot fluent gameplay & controls
  • Same as Crash 2, You can manually save within the one room since they now made it for one area with 25 levels(for main game) but there are 30(if you try to 100%)
  • Less instant deaths & alittle more open but not to much away from the original 2. 

That's all i really have much to say so i hope Phil reads this in consideration that alot of people might be watching him play this game since its from many childhoods including mine. I just hope You(phil) doesn't down the game for being the game it is since this was the 90's era of gaming & games were still hard with no auto saving or no too many checkpoints. 

Edited by BruceLeeR3turns
  • Upvote 1

In other words... Get gud xD I never beat Crash 1, so it will be interesting to see how phil handles it. 

Wrong section dude

(edit)Here: http://thekingofhate.com/forums/forum/16-playthroughs/

(Tips and help subforum)

No one, besides mods and God_Revan (who is currently not working on the T&H subforums for now), can post there

There is a thread though: http://thekingofhate.com/forums/topic/1355-crash-bandicoot-playthrough-discussion/#comment-33078

Its not for tips, but I dunno if they wanna merge the topics or something.

Edited by Cless

I did explain in the post concerning my absence that if anyone wanted to do one, to contact me, send me the information and I'll keep it updated constantly; I just don't have the time right now to do the research myself personally.