The King of Hate Forums

Constructive Criticism of Phil's Haters

People have made threads wanting to criticize Phils behaviors but what about the guys who love to antagonize Phil?

for one thing they take a lot of stuff out of context to make Phil look bad, and they are also way too sensitive about things Phil says. Like they say he was "a psycho" for being glad that stupid dog suffered in walking dead, but seriously fuck that stupid dog. I just don't get how these people suddenly turn into the most sensitive pussies on the planet as soon as Phil says something off the cuff. I don't get it.

• Upvote 2
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes "kevin" posted a SIX hour video commentary of DSP yesterday. Constructive criticism is to keep your videos shorter and to not come across like there is nothing else in life to do. I meam six hour

Except none of Phil's detractors have told people not to annoy, troll or "hack" him. They didn't even stop Jaha when he wanted to prank Phil and tried to lookup his phone #. The only thing they have e

Advice to them: Chill and relax They're videogames

People have made threads wanting to criticize Phils behaviors but what about the guys who love to antagonize Phil?

for one thing they take a lot of stuff out of context to make Phil look bad, and they are also way too sensitive about things Phil says. Like they say he was "a psycho" for being glad that stupid dog suffered in walking dead, but seriously fuck that stupid dog. I just don't get how these people suddenly turn into the most sensitive pussies on the planet as soon as Phil says something off the cuff. I don't get it.

Or what about the people who were being burned in Parasite Eve? xD

I think that what should happen is Phil find that perfect balance of emotions vs. jokes. I'm late on catching up on Phil's content, but I believe you are talking about season 2, right?

The dog suffered, and that's a tragedy. But Phil needs to balance his observations/jokes with the content that is being provided for his audience's entertainment. I think it brings back more viewers when you allow them to connect emotionally to the characters.

I think that what should happen is Phil find that perfect balance of emotions vs. jokes. I'm late on catching up on Phil's content, but I believe you are talking about season 2, right?

The dog suffered, and that's a tragedy. But Phil needs to balance his observations/jokes with the content that is being provided for his audience's entertainment. I think it brings back more viewers when you allow them to connect emotionally to the characters.

Then it wouldn't be his honest reaction. I don't want staged/piped in reactions like you see with most YouTubers. 

Maybe it's just me but people burning to death and a man being hanged really isn't funny. Sorta does make Phil look like a psycho. 

Burning a bunch of gangsters and hookers in GTA3 is just funny. Lighten up. 

Then it wouldn't be his honest reaction. I don't want staged/piped in reactions like you see with most YouTubers. 

Burning a bunch of gangsters and hookers in GTA3 is just funny. Lighten up. 

How is it funny though? I just can't understand how people burning alive is funny. I guess Phil should start making people burning alive jokes since it seems that a majority of the fans find it hilarious.

How is it funny though? I just can't understand how people burning alive is funny. I guess Phil should start making people burning alive jokes since it seems that a majority of the fans find it hilarious.

The animation and screams they do when you use the flamethrower is funny. 

Im curious to see how long this one lasts, and if it even is constructive. Or if it turns into another dumb flaming Troll war.

One that note, it is true that alot of shit is taken out of context. And there have been issues that were created for no good reason, like the Supercard thing. I DO question how he was followed there. Then, Offensive and insensitive humor can work and be halarious, the key is delivery, and timing.

• Upvote 2

Delivery and timing of some of these jokes is key.Like when he made the "chicky chang whatever" joke for MGS1, I wasn't offended, but it wasn't funny either. I could see how some people would be offended. It's just something to be aware of when you need good PR.

Oh, it's criticizing the other way around. Well...

I don't consider myself a hater. I'm Neutral when it comes to all this, with a few things that bother me, but I don't generally give my life for this. That being said, the thread only seems inappropriate because it's not their forum, it's Phil's. I personally find it disrespectful to Phil to discuss the haters here, when he said to leave them in the dust. just my two cents, it just seems like it would start a flame war.

Providing constructive criticism for haters invites them to read and reply, where past situations have shown that they are not exactly wanted here, for a lack of a better word. The criticism can really only be treated to three outcomes. It can be ignored, and the helpfulness of this thread is ruined. It can be accepted, and change occurs. It can be objected, and the problem perpetuates. Once again, based on past situations, option #2 is highly unlikely, leaving #1 and #3, which are undesirable as well. Of course, I may be incorrect and there are other possibilities, but as of right now things are not exactly looking up. 

As for the constructive criticism... be patient, and do not be rash. Everyone reading is a fan of Phil, whether they believe so or not. How every individual aligns themselves is up to them, and I find labeling the "spectrum" detrimental to the cause. 

• Upvote 2

what you're posting is derailing the thread so keep on topic because  we are allowed to criticize if you are criticizing Phil in his own forum, we shall be heard like it or not! :)

Unlike some of Phil's fans, Im all for these disscussion threads. There is nothing wrong with them as long as they are genuine and have a reason to exist. And also, Im just waiting for the criticism part so that we can get this thread rolling. So please, make your voice heard, don't let this chance go to waste.

• Upvote 2

Unlike some of Phil's fans, Im all for these disscussion threads. There is nothing wrong with them as long as they are genuine and have a reason to exist. And also, Im just waiting for the criticism part so that we can get this thread rolling. So please, make your voice heard, don't let this chance go to waste.

This.

My only issue with it is that it seems like a "Lets see how they like it," kind of thing. This is Phil's forums, not the hater's forum. Any talk should be about Phil or have something to do with his play through. Now you can argue since we are all his fans that it technically does have something to do with him. Well when he said they should ignore the haters and stay positive, they are ignoring his wishes and going off on their own, which is why they are called trolls.

• Upvote 1

This.

My only issue with it is that it seems like a "Lets see how they like it," kind of thing. This is Phil's forums, not the hater's forum. Any talk should be about Phil or have something to do with his play through. Now you can argue since we are all his fans that it technically does have something to do with him. Well when he said they should ignore the haters and stay positive, they are ignoring his wishes and going off on their own, which is why they are called trolls.

I think thats pretty much what this is, a cheap laugh to see how the "haters" react. So a Troll thread, notice how NOBODY is talking? And the previous people who posted are clearly still active. So either they got nothing and this is a waste, or they just wanted to get a rise out of people and troll them.

• Upvote 1