The King of Hate Forums
CyberPerseverance99

hello, i am a noobie to anime, are there any recommendations i could get?

hi, i am very new to anime, i have seen a few popular series like Dragon Ball Z, attack on titan and death note, are there any other series people would recommend me?, i don't like the anime's with excessive fan service or harems, other than that, im all ears.

Daily Lives of Highschool Boys - One of the funniest anime i've seen.

Kuroko no Basket season 1,2 and 3 - A great baskerball anime. I'm not fan of real life basketball myself but I absolutely loved this anime.

Kiseijuu - A recent anime that finished not long ago, if you like action and drama anime then this would be a good one to watch.

Claymore - Another good action and drama anime, this one is a little darker.

Bacanno - A prime example of anime that has a good dub. You're told a series of events that happen at different times and locations and you watch how it all effects one another. Good action, great characters and good story.

Another - Fan of grusome horror? You'll like this then.

Code Geass season 1+2 - Fantastic stories and characters. A good amount of action but it really is the main character that keeps you hooked on this anime.

I don't know if these animes have been said already... but (also fyi I love comedy, romance, cuteness and a bit of other stuff so idk if you'll like these)

First and foremost, my Favoritest anime eva would be
Great Teacher Onizuka  :wub:

There is a prequel but idk if it's any good, GTO is good enough for me though :D

Fruits Basket
Toradora!
Desert Punk
Devil Part-timer
Clannad (especially if you wanna cry your eyes out :happy: )
School Rumble
Black Lagoon (Only watched a few episodes but I still love it)
Ouran HS Host Club
MLSCBTC <-- (Google to figure out initials, it's a little wacky but i like it :3
Squid Girl
Bleach (can be pretty boring with the filler, but also can be really good)
Fullmetal Alchemist (I haven't finished it, want to, but i'm just lazy...)
Air Gear
Fairy Tail (It's kindof cool, a little too wacky imo...)
Eden of the East
Full metal Panic! (watched about half of 26-50 episodes, dunno)

Movies

Princess Mononoke (speaking of which, one of my fav movis and I need to rewatch it sometime)
FF7 Advent Children (it was on somebodies worst movies from VGs but I loved it...)
Castle in the Sky (This one haven't seen recently as well, I remember it being above average, but idk)
Akira (super serious movie but good

Edited by Ffantasy501

Here are my top 10 personal favorites (I started watching anime myself just late last year)

1. Fullmetal Alchemist (2003) and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood

2. Steins;Gate

3. Cowboy Bebop

4. Code Geass R1& R2

5. Bakuman

6. Space Dandy

7. Mirai Nikki

8. Baccano!

9. Another

10. Naruto & Naruto Shippudden

• Upvote 1

Hm..  I'd recommend SAO, but only the first game their in was interesting to me. Also Blood(+) is fairly decent, extremely gory though. Darker than Black might also be good, haven't touched that yet.

I saw someone mentioned fate/zero do not watch fate/zero first since it is the best of the franchise, start with fate stay night

watch fate stay night, fate zero than fate stay night unlimited blade works.

I watched Fate/Zero first, then I couldn't finish the Unlimited Blade Works series because it wasn't that interesting by comparison. Shiro is too idealistic, I prefer Kiritsugu. 

1. Evangelion (original TV series, End of Evangelion, 1.0, 2.0, 3.0)
  2. Haruhi Suzumia (make sure to watch all of Endless Eight)
  3. Baccano (as others have said amazing show)
  4. Durarara (same studio as Baccano, has character cameos)
  5. Eureka 7 (good mech/romance, basically surfing robots. STAY AWAY FROM AO)
  6. Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (the anime is pretty faithful but the manga is way better)
  7. Gundam (the original series is kind of slow from what I have seen, G Gundam is pretty much like DBZ, 00 is pretty good as well but I heard the movie was shit)
  8. Toradora (greatest love story ever told, it is best to watch an episode a day starting Dec 1st, 25 episodes)
  9. Gurren Lagann (manliest anime ever besides Fist of the Northstar, lots of drills and manly tears)
  10. Kore wa Zombie desu Ka (main character is a zombie who becomes a magical girl, pokes fun at a lot of things that happen in magical girl/sentai shows)

and for non anime/ live action

1. Yûsha Yoshihiko (makes fun of Dragon Quest primarily as well as other game tropes and different thing in japanese culture)
  2. Akiba Ranger (haven't gotten too far into it, pokes fun at many tropes in sentai shows, Red's super transformation has his waifu fuse into his armor)

On 7/10/2015 at 0:37 PM, CyberPerseverance99 said:

hi, i am very new to anime, i have seen a few popular series like Dragon Ball Z, attack on titan and death note, are there any other series people would recommend me?, i don't like the anime's with excessive fan service or harems, other than that, im all ears.

Naruto, Naruto Shippuden, Blue metal alchemist ''BROTHERHOOD'', Akame ga kill!, And I would recommend reading a manga called Boku no hero academia 

9 hours ago, EVan said:

Naruto, Naruto Shippuden, Blue metal alchemist ''BROTHERHOOD'', Akame ga kill!, And I would recommend reading a manga called Boku no hero academia 

Naruto and Blue metal alchemist brotherhood is my favorites.  :D

• Upvote 1

I'm currently watxhing gundam zeta (old) gundam unicorn (2010)

I can recommend them but only if you like plots with many names,people, alliances, in general, a heavy plot aimed at older viewers. The action scenes are great but only if you are into mechas. 

On 2/13/2016 at 0:03 AM, 13hr said:

I'm currently watxhing gundam zeta (old) gundam unicorn (2010)

I can recommend them but only if you like plots with many names,people, alliances, in general, a heavy plot aimed at older viewers. The action scenes are great but only if you are into mechas. 

I need to get back into gundam, only a few episodes into the OG series and I am almost finished with G-Gundam. I got distracted by other shows/games/building the model kits.

• Upvote 1

some of my personal favourites that you should consider:

Elfen lied (lots of gore and nudity in this, but a very strong plot)

Kill la kill (silly, fun action oriented anime with an interesting setting)

Aoi hana (very nice plot, interesting characters, romance themed)

Non Non Biyori (cute and funny. school themed)

Edited by Veera