The King of Hate Forums
cooper

Does anyone else think Xbox one gets to much hate?

Its launch price, and original design of always online for the console was not very good but i think its getting way to much hate right now they have started to change things for the better. 

I think it went from being a dead console to being a really good one pretty fast and with a huge shift. It has more exclusives than PS4 right now and more for this holiday so currently imo it has best games lineup. This is coming from someone who got a PS4 at launch and so far the only game i liked was bloodborne very disappointing first two years so far. 

Personally i like all the competition we are getting with the consoles i dont want one company winning out every time. Last gen it was 360 for most part now its PS4 it shows how easily it can change and one up each other.

-Cheaper price than PS4 now (100$ cheaper in my country) 

-Backwards compatibility 

-XBL still better than PSN it seems even with all money sony is making.

Edited by cooper

Sort of, Microsoft is definitely making a good comeback now with it. However, the main problem it has is that it has very few exclusives when compared to the PS4, as most of them also come out on PC. 

- Yes it's cheaper, but not by much ($50 in the US). Not only that, it started out being $100 more expensive, so that didn't help Microsoft.

- That has not been implemented yet, not until later this year, and not every single 360 game will work with it right out of the game. Sony has Playstation Now which is a similar service

- They're both about the same to me, with few differences. Yes PSN does go down more for maintenance, and the store updates later in the day on Tuesday, however Playstation Plus gives you a lot better than deals than what Microsoft does with Games with Gold. There is almost no comparison there. 

At this point, there is very little differences between the consoles. It all comes down to what exclusives and system software you prefer. 

• Upvote 1

Sort of, Microsoft is definitely making a good comeback now with it. However, the main problem it has is that it has very few exclusives when compared to the PS4, as most of them also come out on PC. 

- Yes it's cheaper, but not by much ($50 in the US). Not only that, it started out being $100 more expensive, so that didn't help Microsoft.

- That has not been implemented yet, not until later this year, and not every single 360 game will work with it right out of the game. Sony has Playstation Now which is a similar service

- They're both about the same to me, with few differences. Yes PSN does go down more for maintenance, and the store updates later in the day on Tuesday, however Playstation Plus gives you a lot better than deals than what Microsoft does with Games with Gold. There is almost no comparison there. 

At this point, there is very little differences between the consoles. It all comes down to what exclusives and system software you prefer. 

- Most gamer's dont have a pc good enough to run these games or prefer the console so alot there games are console exclusive just like sony alot of there games from indies and such are all on pc and ps4 so they dont have much in way of 100% exclusives. I dont see how sony has more exclusives if were are talking first party they have killzone which i think is much worse than halo and im not even a fps fan then they have bloodborne and infamous and nothing else. 

- 50$ is quite a bit an extra game and like i said for me in Canada its 100$ PS4 is 450$ for a 500g model with last of us and xbox one is 350$ for 500g model with halo mcc. I could get a 1tb xbox one for same price as a 500g ps4. 

-Sony's playstation now is not a similar service at all its payed and streaming with input lag your not downloading or playing the game on the console like on xbox one so the experience and graphics will look worse on top of cost on PS4. No its not out yet but they already said it will be 100 at launch with more games to come. Clearly Microsoft wins here free vs payed but both are worse than wii u where you can just play off discs no downloads or stream.

- PSN is down more and XBL has more features and just works better i find as someone who came from Xbox 360 to PS4 i can say the Xbox 360 has better online i cant speak on Xbox one but i do have a ps3, ps4 and xbox 360 out of all them xbox 360 is best experience ps4 improved things but its still not the best. PS3 store is still not fixed and is laggy as hell they updated it and made it worse. This is a real issue for me the UI is really slow compared to xbox 360 which is can quickly buy things.

-As for XBL gold vs PS plus its all opinion. PS4 offers more indie titles and often more games at once where xbox one offers one or two big title games so its up to you which you prefer. Also one big thing i like about xbox live gold is i can redeem there xbox one games without owning the console yet i got AC4 even though i dont own console i dont that is possible on PS3 since i never see PS4 games a nice little feature. 

Overall i think both consoles are good and seem to be worth it. The upside to PS4 is obviously the resolution games will usually have more pixels but unless side by side you cant tell the difference at all the games will look great on Xbox one and PS4 and at least we are all getting similar games on each console now playing alot of Multiplatform titles last generation was a big pain on ps3 where most ran really poorly for me and were buggy like bethesda games were. 

Edited by cooper

Of course, they get plenty of hate, a lot more than they deserve. It's more people joining the hate train than anything else but I have also seen people with actual good points to why they dislike Microsoft and the Xbox. The actual Xbox division itself has been through hell with messing up at the beginning and losing a large chunk of it's fan base but it's impressive how much of a come back it's making, even if that come back is bit by bit instead of all in one go. Phil Spencer and whoever else is up there are doing a great job with the Xbox division, rarely do hear anything negative about what Xbox is doing other than the constant "WAT? 900p 30FPS WTF?" from Sony and Microsoft fans. The Xbox can do 1080p 60FPS, there's proof of it, it's just that it's harder to do on the One and developers don't like extra work.

There's plenty to look forward to. Windows 10 on the Xbox, backwards compatibility, plenty of exclusives, Hololens. There's also the mods coming to Xbox for Fallout 4, if something like that is possible then I look forward to what else is possible on these shiny black squares both Sony and Microsoft fans have sitting on their shelf. Oh, and the early preview programme, early access/alpha games get a lot of flak among the PC community as far as I know so it was smart of Microsoft to allow an hour trial for each game and letting people decide if they do want to support the game is it's early stages.

They do have their problems though. Games with Gold is absolute dog food. I've seen people argue that you shouldn't complain about free games but then you see what the Playstation gets and you just can't help it.

They need to sort out all the timed exclusive crap and also word everything better. "Tomb Raider exclusive holiday 2015" raised way too many questions. Just say first on Xbox One, Sony didn't have a hard time saying "Final Fantasy first on PS4". It's create misguided hype and can annoy a few people.

I'm not too fussed about games being on both PC and Xbox, the two practically go hand in hand these days, especially with Windows 10 being put onto the Xbox...which is going to be sexy by the way.

Edited by Michael
  • Upvote 1

Of course, they get plenty of hate, a lot more than they deserve. It's more people joining the hate train than anything else but I have also seen people with actual good points to why they dislike Microsoft and the Xbox. The actual Xbox division itself has been through hell with messing up at the beginning and losing a large chunk of it's fan base but it's impressive how much of a come back it's making, even if that come back is bit by bit instead of all in one go. Phil Spencer and whoever else is up there are doing a great job with the Xbox division, rarely do hear anything negative about what Xbox is doing other than the constant "WAT? 900p 30FPS WTF?" from Sony and Microsoft fans. The Xbox can do 1080p 60FPS, there's proof of it, it's just that it's harder to do on the One and developers don't like extra work.

There's plenty to look forward to. Windows 10 on the Xbox, backwards compatibility, plenty of exclusives, Hololens. There's also the mods coming to Xbox for Fallout 4, if something like that is possible then I look forward to what else is possible on these shiny black squares both Sony and Microsoft fans have sitting on their shelf.

They do have their problems though. Games with Gold is absolute dog food. I've seen people argue that you shouldn't complain about free games but then you see what the Playstation gets and you just can't help it.

They need to sort out all the timed exclusive crap and also word everything better. "Tomb Raider exclusive holiday 2015" raised way too many questions. Just say first on Xbox One, Sony didn't have a hard time saying "Final Fantasy first on PS4". It's create misguided hype and can annoy a few people.

I'm not too fussed about games being on both PC and Xbox, the two practically go hand in hand these days, especially with Windows 10 being put onto the Xbox...which is going to be sexy by the way.

Even dsp joined the hate train he keeps asking what games does xbox one have i would like to know what games the PS4 has.... Its all third party.

Last i checked PS4 has maybe 1-2 exclusives this year. No mans sky is coming to PC and prob wont be this year. That leaves Uncharted collection yaaa remaster box 2015. 

Then you have Microsoft which is going to put out Tomb raider on same day as fallout 4 LMAO RIP.

Edited by cooper

I'm not fully familiar with PS4 games but I know they had The Order 1866 and Bloodborne which a lot of people are saying is GOTY at the moment. Until Dawn may be coming in 2015. Less known ones like Disgaea 5, Persona 5. As you said Uncharted collection. Plenty of other indie games which a lot seemed fun.

I remember seeing an article where Sony admitted that the First Party line up was a little sparse this year, but that just means next year will be packed. I like to think of it as both Sony and Microsoft taking turns every year with their exclusives, one year Microsoft has a bunch, another Sony has a bunch.

I'm not fully familiar with PS4 games but I know they had The Order 1866 and Bloodborne which a lot of people are saying is GOTY at the moment. Until Dawn may be coming in 2015. Less known ones like Disgaea 5, Persona 5. As you said Uncharted collection. Plenty of other indie games which a lot seemed fun.

I remember seeing an article where Sony admitted that the First Party line up was a little sparse this year, but that just means next year will be packed. I like to think of it as both Sony and Microsoft taking turns every year with their exclusives, one year Microsoft has a bunch, another Sony has a bunch.

Persona 5 is one ps3 so you can say its a playstation exclusive but it wont sell ps4's. The Order 1866 was a good idea poorly executed i played it i know. Bloodborne is def one of possible goty's i loved it but nothing for this holiday sadly. 

Edited by cooper

Xbox One is good if you want tons of 3rd party games and if you like those microsoft exclusives. Though PS4 is probably going to have a more diversified library later in its life.

I am tempted to get an XOne for scalebound though since I really loved Bayonetta 2 on Wii U.

Xbox One is good if you want tons of 3rd party games and if you like those microsoft exclusives. Though PS4 is probably going to have a more diversified library later in its life.

I am tempted to get an XOne for scalebound though since I really loved Bayonetta 2 on Wii U.

All depends on the games you like if your not a fan of bloodborne   the xbox one is prob the better system right now. All depends for shooters xbox one is diffidently better right now and for action rpg PS4 is prob better with bloodborne and Uncharted coming. 

One big advantage PS4 has is with Jrpg's other than FF xbox one is missing out on most of them like persona and tales. 

It's a good console for the casual gamer, but awful if you're invested enough to also have a decent PC. The PS4 is like the perfect middle-ground. Good exclusives - not just timed third party exclusives -, great support for indie developers etc.

Unless you're a massive Halo fan, there's really not much of a reason to own an Xbox One.

• Upvote 1

What good exclusives does PS4 have. Everything is just "Okay" except for Bloodborne? And indies arent anything special. But Xbox on the other hand has amazing exclusives like Forza Horizon 2 and Project Spark.

• Upvote 1

What good exclusives does PS4 have. Everything is just "Okay" except for Bloodborne? And indies arent anything special. But Xbox on the other hand has amazing exclusives like Forza Horizon 2 and Project Spark.

Are you saying that based on your opinion or score? Because Bloodborne has a 92 on metacritic while Forza has 86 and Project Spark 73. There's tons of PS4 games that are in the 70s and 80s if that's what you consider "amazing".

Edited by Star

All depends on the games you like if your not a fan of bloodborne   the xbox one is prob the better system right now. All depends for shooters xbox one is diffidently better right now and for action rpg PS4 is prob better with bloodborne and Uncharted coming. 

One big advantage PS4 has is with Jrpg's other than FF xbox one is missing out on most of them like persona and tales. 

Well yeah Xbox doesn't have an audience for RPGS compared to Playstation or even 3DS. Look at how abymsal the sales for Type 0 HD were on XONE. Even when FFXV and KH 3 come out it won't change that.

Are you saying that based on your opinion or score? Because Bloodborne has a 92 on metacritic while Forza has 86 and Project Spark 73. There's tons of PS4 games that are in the 70s and 80s if that's what you consider "amazing".

No it has nothing to do with scores. I research a game and decide weather it looks good or not. The Order, Killzone, InFamous, LBP3 they all look "Meh". 

It used to deserve all the hate, before release and Microsoft changed everything about it. Now it is a perfectly competent console, that is sadly held back by a terrible UI (so ugly, nonsensical and sluggish) and slight lack of power behind the PS4. I don't regret getting my Xbox One as I have enjoyed playing the exclusives on it and have got some great free games with Games With Gold. However between exclusive releases it sits and gathers dust.

It used to deserve all the hate, before release and Microsoft changed everything about it. Now it is a perfectly competent console, that is sadly held back by a terrible UI (so ugly, nonsensical and sluggish) and slight lack of power behind the PS4. I don't regret getting my Xbox One as I have enjoyed playing the exclusives on it and have got some great free games with Games With Gold. However between exclusive releases it sits and gathers dust.

I just recently got one myself, mostly for Dead Rising 3 and Titanfall, both of which I love (Shocking too, I that the servers would have discontinued or interest would be dead. At most 8.2k) The XMB (or UI....if forgot what xmb stood for or if I even spelled it right) is horrendous, I hate it to all hell. But, Im used to it now, They still would do good to update it, but who nows if they will. I wanna believe in the XBO, it stil has a chance to become a true competiter against the PS4 it just needs more Exclusives for itself. I always look back at the Ps3, remember how bad that thing was? But in time it became the monster it was, I think the XBO can and just might do the same in the coming years. Gears4, and Tomb Raider are 2 new releases I look forword to.

No it has nothing to do with scores. I research a game and decide weather it looks good or not. The Order, Killzone, InFamous, LBP3 they all look "Meh". 

Everybody should do this when it comes to games and movies; look into it yourself, watch trailers, look for gameplay vids, look for yourself and gauge your own interest in it. Just because The Last of Us got a great score from the media and others love it, doesn't EVERYBODY will love it. Some lower scored games are big gems that some will love more then some. It all depeds on personal interest, not scores or reviews.

So its like the PS3 was last generation pretty much how my PS3 was it collect dust because i got every multiplatform title on xbox 360 since they look and ran better and sometimes were broken on ps3 like any bethesda title. 

The UI is getting fixed this fall the new UI looks great sort of reminds me of the old blades. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTDLVnSgEm4

Well yeah Xbox doesn't have an audience for RPGS compared to Playstation or even 3DS. Look at how abymsal the sales for Type 0 HD were on XONE. Even when FFXV and KH 3 come out it won't change that.

Its more jrpg's its not rpg's look at fallout, skyrim , dragon age, mass effect and the witcher they sell well on xbox

It's a good console for the casual gamer, but awful if you're invested enough to also have a decent PC. The PS4 is like the perfect middle-ground. Good exclusives - not just timed third party exclusives -, great support for indie developers etc.

Unless you're a massive Halo fan, there's really not much of a reason to own an Xbox One.

I very much disagree im a casual halo fan and im more interested in the xbox one as of now than the PS4 i could care less about 900p vs 1080p and im a hardcore game being playing since old days grew up with Nintendo. PS4 is not a middle ground for anything its no different than xbox one they have same features only difference is the games, ui and online serive.  At the end of there day there both consoles designed for same thing. PS4 lacks just as much in exclusives as xbox one you clearly have a bias to one console or brand. No man's sky is coming to pc along with most indie games on ps4 so it has no big exclusives at least you can say xbox has halo. You can say you prefer the games on PS4 but in no way does it have more exclusives. 

Bloodborne made the PS4 worth it for me but other than that its nothing machine its just what the 360 was last generation. This generation xbox one has the better lineup so far hands down launch and two years in and this holiday.  When we finally get things in 2016 it will become a closer race but i wish i got the xbox one because i would have had more to play for 2-3 years. 

Edited by cooper

- Most gamer's dont have a pc good enough to run these games or prefer the console so alot there games are console exclusive just like sony alot of there games from indies and such are all on pc and ps4 so they dont have much in way of 100% exclusives. I dont see how sony has more exclusives if were are talking first party they have killzone which i think is much worse than halo and im not even a fps fan then they have bloodborne and infamous and nothing else. 

-As for XBL gold vs PS plus its all opinion. PS4 offers more indie titles and often more games at once where xbox one offers one or two big title games so its up to you which you prefer. Also one big thing i like about xbox live gold is i can redeem there xbox one games without owning the console yet i got AC4 even though i dont own console i dont that is possible on PS3 since i never see PS4 games a nice little feature. 

- It's a lot more people than you think, but even so, that doesn't give someone who does have a decent PC an incentive to buy an Xbox One. Want to know why PC gamers still end up buying a Playstation or even a Nintendo console? It's because their exclusives stay their exclusives, only exclusive to their machine, available nowhere else. Microsoft has issues with that, and they need to have more actual true exclusives. They're getting a little better, but they need to do more. 

- You seem to forget that PS Plus spans not only the PS4, but also the PS3 AND the PS Vita. So there's a lot free games that Sony offers every month, compared to the few Microsoft does. The few that Microsoft does offer are mostly old games like currently Gears 3. I'm sorry, but anyone who has wanted to play Gears 3, has played it already. Now sometimes Microsoft does good ones, like Assassins Creed IV, but that rarely happens, whereas Sony usually kills it every single month. 

Even dsp joined the hate train he keeps asking what games does xbox one have i would like to know what games the PS4 has.... Its all third party.

Last i checked PS4 has maybe 1-2 exclusives this year. No mans sky is coming to PC and prob wont be this year. That leaves Uncharted collection yaaa remaster box 2015. 

Then you have Microsoft which is going to put out Tomb raider on same day as fallout 4 LMAO RIP.

Yeah because you know Microsoft has never done remasters at all right? Hmm, Master Chief Collection and Gears 1 Ultimate Edition seem to be popping up in my head. At least most of Sonys' remasters make sense, because a lot of people jumped from 360 to PS4 and never got the chance to play a lot of these games, now they have that chance. I don't see what's wrong with that. 

Pretty much hit the nail on the head

- It's a lot more people than you think, but even so, that doesn't give someone who does have a decent PC an incentive to buy an Xbox One. Want to know why PC gamers still end up buying a Playstation or even a Nintendo console? It's because their exclusives stay their exclusives, only exclusive to their machine, available nowhere else. Microsoft has issues with that, and they need to have more actual true exclusives. They're getting a little better, but they need to do more. 

- You seem to forget that PS Plus spans not only the PS4, but also the PS3 AND the PS Vita. So there's a lot free games that Sony offers every month, compared to the few Microsoft does. The few that Microsoft does offer are mostly old games like currently Gears 3. I'm sorry, but anyone who has wanted to play Gears 3, has played it already. Now sometimes Microsoft does good ones, like Assassins Creed IV, but that rarely happens, whereas Sony usually kills it every single month. 

Yeah because you know Microsoft has never done remasters at all right? Hmm, Master Chief Collection and Gears 1 Ultimate Edition seem to be popping up in my head. At least most of Sonys' remasters make sense, because a lot of people jumped from 360 to PS4 and never got the chance to play a lot of these games, now they have that chance. I don't see what's wrong with that. 

Pretty much hit the nail on the head

-Last i checked halo is not on the pc and only gears of war 1 coming to pc. Not like sony is much different they have select games they market as exclusives that are coming to pc Shenmue, no man sky.

-Its not microsoft's fault that sony has more platforms to give out games on they have 360 and xbox one. Also sony gives out games just as old all the time we get MGS ground zeros omg amazing right nope its 10$ used right now its not like there games are more valuable most time any game on PS plus or Games for gold is super cheap. 

-Your forgetting one important thing Microsoft has actual games new games and ones coming out on top of the remasters. Also on top of that microsoft's remasters usually offer much more value and improvements over the original game like gears 1 getting gameplay features from past games and you have mcc which gives you lots of games for a good price. etc rare replay. Also sony does not get a free pass because people went from 360 to ps4 just as many people have gone ps3 to xbox one and 360 and ps3 were around the same sales at the end of the console period most people last generation owned both consoles for most part just because the ps3 was such a poor third party machine. 

Edited by cooper

Microsofts remasters also make sense. The last Gears game to come out was Judgement back in March 2013, although it wasn't favoured among the community so technically you could say the last liked Gears game was Gears 3 back in September 2011. Gears of War 1 is being remastered to get the Gears community back in place and ready them for Gears of War 4 next year, and also to remind players of how Gears of War was originally since Gears 4 is supposed to go back to it's roots.

Halo is one of the biggest things related to Microsoft and the Xbox. They're using Cortana as the Siri of their Microsoft Phones and soon to be on Xbox One. One reason is of course to welcome any new people to the Xbox World with one of the biggest franchises on the Xbox. Just as the Playstation wouldn't be the same without Uncharted, Xbox wouldn't be the same without Halo, so make it available to play on the newest versions of your console for all to enjoy.

And I don't mean to try and start any arguments, but on the topic of remasters, Microsoft approach their remasters much better than Sony and take better care of them. There are games like The Last of Us, which was ridiculously released as a remaster only a year after it's release, God of War which from what i've seen, no one was actually asking for and the Uncharted series which makes sense as it hypes people up for Uncharted 4 and fills the gap for the end of the year. All of these are have things like better textures and lighting, higher frames per second and the usual hubba. With Xbox remasters there's nice additions to them, an example being the completely redone Halo 2 cutscenes, and on Gears 1, an example being them changing and adding in more to the cutscenes as well as extra content. In a behind the scenes you can see an amazing difference when watching Minhs death and it was for the purpose to make his death have more impact, more purpose and more shock value. In Gears 1, a professional COG such as himself who leads a squad was "Snuck up on" by a massive beast like General RAAM and made his death seem a bit...unsatisfactory. In the remaster they added in Minh trying to fight back, Raam killing him and looking so much more like a badass and adding in Marcus Fenix's reaction to the death of his commander and squad leader duty falling onto him. Maybe these are small additions to some people but damn are they good additions.

As for Exclusives not being actual exclusives. Microsoft is no doubt guilty of this, but Sony was just as Guilty at E3. Shenmue 3 and Final Fantasy, both PS4 and PC. No Mans Sky, another big game coming soon, PS4 and PC. While they do have games coming out that are exclusively for PS4, so do Microsoft. Halo, Gears, Crackdown, Phantom Dust, ReCore, Scalebound, Quantum Break. The way I see it, it is referred to as a console war because it's a competition between consoles, not personal computers. Maybe Qunatum Break will go to PC 6 months after it's release, who knows, but a PS4 player still wont be able to play it. Maybe The Last Guardian will go onto the PC after a while, who knows, but Xbox players still wont be able to play it. The only winners here are PC gamers when they're not getting buggy games like Batman thrown at them.

Sony's got ridiculous first party support compared to Microsoft. When people are talking about exclusives, they're talking about the long-term, not short-term. Look at what the PS3 had compared to Xbox 360 in terms of exclusives that didn't show up on any other platforms. Naughty Dog, Guerilla Games, JAPAN Studio, Evolution, Sucker Punch, Polyphony, Sony Santa Monica, Media Molecule and so on are all first-party developers to Sony platforms, meaning that those games will NEVER show up on other platforms, unless Sony themselves decide to do so. It's all about the future. People know Sony's got a fantastic group of teams currently developing exclusive content for the platform, while Microsoft is desperately throwing money everywhere to secure timed exclusives like Tomb Raider and the likes.

As I said, the Xbox One is a great console if you literally don't give a shit about anything PC related and just want to play Halo. It is still inferior to the PS4 in terms of raw power, and most third-party games either look or run worse on the platform. Again, if you're just some average dude buying 3-4 games a year, including sports games and the likes, why would you care? 

However, if you're invested in gaming and informed on the subject, you KNOW that the Playstation 4 will have a far superior library in the long term, ESPECIALLY if you also own a decent PC.

• Upvote 1

Again I can only name one great PS4 exclusive already released and even that game isnt for everyone. That will shift when games like Uncharted 4, Last Guardian, and Horizon come out but as of lately 90% of their line up has been weak.

• Upvote 1

Sony's got ridiculous first party support compared to Microsoft. When people are talking about exclusives, they're talking about the long-term, not short-term. Look at what the PS3 had compared to Xbox 360 in terms of exclusives that didn't show up on any other platforms. Naughty Dog, Guerilla Games, JAPAN Studio, Evolution, Sucker Punch, Polyphony, Sony Santa Monica, Media Molecule and so on are all first-party developers to Sony platforms, meaning that those games will NEVER show up on other platforms, unless Sony themselves decide to do so. It's all about the future. People know Sony's got a fantastic group of teams currently developing exclusive content for the platform, while Microsoft is desperately throwing money everywhere to secure timed exclusives like Tomb Raider and the likes.

As I said, the Xbox One is a great console if you literally don't give a shit about anything PC related and just want to play Halo. It is still inferior to the PS4 in terms of raw power, and most third-party games either look or run worse on the platform. Again, if you're just some average dude buying 3-4 games a year, including sports games and the likes, why would you care? 

However, if you're invested in gaming and informed on the subject, you KNOW that the Playstation 4 will have a far superior library in the long term, ESPECIALLY if you also own a decent PC.

In switching to xbox one mainly because pc gaming has become to much of a hassle and cost in the long run and i honestly cant tell the difference in a console game and pc even side by side i had games like bioshock and dead space running on my pc max settings and compared it the game on my xbox no difference what so ever besides 60fps so i said fuck it i spent an extra 800$ for this difference? Switches back to console being a px gamer for 4 years and lost nothing besides having saved $$$.

If i could not tell pc vs 360 then ps4 vs xbox one matters eveb less.

Plus all rpgs i looked at ran better on xbox one witcher 3 and dragon age all 30fps whre ps4 had 1080p but drops so im going xbox one for multiplatform and exclusives and use my ps4 for exclusives which hopefully come out and jrpgs and games from japan.

Edited by cooper

-Last i checked halo is not on the pc and only gears of war 1 coming to pc. Not like sony is much different they have select games they market as exclusives that are coming to pc Shenmue, no man sky.

-Its not microsoft's fault that sony has more platforms to give out games on they have 360 and xbox one. Also sony gives out games just as old all the time we get MGS ground zeros omg amazing right nope its 10$ used right now its not like there games are more valuable most time any game on PS plus or Games for gold is super cheap. 

-Your forgetting one important thing Microsoft has actual games new games and ones coming out on top of the remasters. Also on top of that microsoft's remasters usually offer much more value and improvements over the original game like gears 1 getting gameplay features from past games and you have mcc which gives you lots of games for a good price. etc rare replay. Also sony does not get a free pass because people went from 360 to ps4 just as many people have gone ps3 to xbox one and 360 and ps3 were around the same sales at the end of the console period most people last generation owned both consoles for most part just because the ps3 was such a poor third party machine. 

- Yes but lately Microsoft has been establishing more of a relationship with the PC platform with cross play, and cross features. A lot of former Xbox One exclusives have either now have a PC version, or they will, recently Killer Instinct has gotten one. So who are you to say that Halo 5 may not end up having a PC version later on down the road? I personally think it won't happen, but it's possible. However what I do is that Sonys exclusives STAY exclusive to Sony, end of story. That will never change. 

- Microsoft could've easily bought more third party studios, or created more exclusive games from within their own game division. For the longest time now, Microsoft has been focused on only timed exclusive content for third party games, whereas Sony was pumping out exclusive titles. That has come back to bite Microsoft, and now they have to play catch up. Yes Sony has given out old games, but the track record for PS Plus shows that a lot of the retail games are not as old as the ones Microsoft usually picks, and not only that, PS Plus offers more free games than Games with Gold does. Why do you think Microsoft even created the Games with Gold to begin with? They did it because they saw how successful PS Plus is. 

- Aside from Tomb Raider and Halo 5, what brand new games does Microsoft have coming out later this year? A lot of them either don't have a release date, or they got pushed back to next year. Also, Tomb Raider will eventually release on PS4, so unless Sony fans are completely impatient, they'll just wait for it to release on PS4. Yes Sony doesn't have a lot coming out later this year, but here's the thing, they don't need to rush anything, because they're clearly in the lead. Microsoft however needs to do whatever it takes to get people to buy the Xbox One, so it makes more sense for them to release more games, because they pretty much need to. A lot of Sony fans know the games are coming in the future. Also, I haven't seen really anyone make the jump from PS3 to Xbox One. Not saying it isn't possible, but I highly doubt a lot of people did, as the sales numbers of Xbox One indicate that. 

Microsofts remasters also make sense. The last Gears game to come out was Judgement back in March 2013, although it wasn't favoured among the community so technically you could say the last liked Gears game was Gears 3 back in September 2011. Gears of War 1 is being remastered to get the Gears community back in place and ready them for Gears of War 4 next year, and also to remind players of how Gears of War was originally since Gears 4 is supposed to go back to it's roots.

Halo is one of the biggest things related to Microsoft and the Xbox. They're using Cortana as the Siri of their Microsoft Phones and soon to be on Xbox One. One reason is of course to welcome any new people to the Xbox World with one of the biggest franchises on the Xbox. Just as the Playstation wouldn't be the same without Uncharted, Xbox wouldn't be the same without Halo, so make it available to play on the newest versions of your console for all to enjoy.

And I don't mean to try and start any arguments, but on the topic of remasters, Microsoft approach their remasters much better than Sony and take better care of them. There are games like The Last of Us, which was ridiculously released as a remaster only a year after it's release, God of War which from what i've seen, no one was actually asking for and the Uncharted series which makes sense as it hypes people up for Uncharted 4 and fills the gap for the end of the year. All of these are have things like better textures and lighting, higher frames per second and the usual hubba. With Xbox remasters there's nice additions to them, an example being the completely redone Halo 2 cutscenes, and on Gears 1, an example being them changing and adding in more to the cutscenes as well as extra content. In a behind the scenes you can see an amazing difference when watching Minhs death and it was for the purpose to make his death have more impact, more purpose and more shock value. In Gears 1, a professional COG such as himself who leads a squad was "Snuck up on" by a massive beast like General RAAM and made his death seem a bit...unsatisfactory. In the remaster they added in Minh trying to fight back, Raam killing him and looking so much more like a badass and adding in Marcus Fenix's reaction to the death of his commander and squad leader duty falling onto him. Maybe these are small additions to some people but damn are they good additions.

As for Exclusives not being actual exclusives. Microsoft is no doubt guilty of this, but Sony was just as Guilty at E3. Shenmue 3 and Final Fantasy, both PS4 and PC. No Mans Sky, another big game coming soon, PS4 and PC. While they do have games coming out that are exclusively for PS4, so do Microsoft. Halo, Gears, Crackdown, Phantom Dust, ReCore, Scalebound, Quantum Break. The way I see it, it is referred to as a console war because it's a competition between consoles, not personal computers. Maybe Qunatum Break will go to PC 6 months after it's release, who knows, but a PS4 player still wont be able to play it. Maybe The Last Guardian will go onto the PC after a while, who knows, but Xbox players still wont be able to play it. The only winners here are PC gamers when they're not getting buggy games like Batman thrown at them.

- I never said they didn't make sense, I was just combating the argument that Sonys remasters are pointless. However there is a difference with Microsofts, with the Xbox One backwards compatibility feature, people would be able to play the older games without the need for a remastered version. Also, since most Xbox One owners already came from the 360, they either most likely already played a lot of these games, or they probably still have their 360 so that they can still play these games. The difference is that in order for gamers, who went from 360 to PS4, to play these Sony games, without the remastered versions, they would have to buy a PS3, and a PS3 is a lot more expensive than a remastered game. There is no other way, so that's why the PS4 remastered games make a lot more sense than the Xbox Ones. Keep in mind, I'm not saying the Xbox One remastered games are worthless at all. 

- TLOU, God of War III (the most highly regarded one of the series), Uncharted collection, once again all make sense for the gamer who came from the 360. These are Sonys top exclusive games for a lot of people, so to get these new gamers to experience these games for the first time is important. Also are you saying that there were no improvements at all to these games from their old ports? How about upgraded visuals for one, that seems to be pretty important. TLOU Remastered comes with ALL of the DLC for the game, which is a great deal. Also, even though God of War III and the Uncharted Collection don't offer any new content, they have upgraded visuals that run completely smooth, at least definitely in God of Wars case. You can't say the same for a game like the Master Chief Collection which had a ton of problems with it since launch, and still has problems to this day. Who knows how the Uncharted Collection will fare, but with Sonys remasters being completely smooth as a track record, I don't foresee any problems. 

- You're right, Sony has been doing a lot more PC partnerships lately, however what you're not getting is that Sony already HAS a lot of exclusives under their belt, so they can afford to do that. You can't say the same for Microsoft, as they have very few actual true exclusives to the actual Xbox One console. Once again, that's why PC gamers still end up getting Nintendo and Sony consoles, because they have a lot more actual exclusive titles than an Xbox. A lot of those games you listed, Crackdown, Phantom Dust, ReCore, Scalebound, and Quantum Break, could all end up having PC versions, as that's Microsofts track record usually. The last great Xbox One game I played was Ori and the Blind Forest, fantastic game, highly recommended (even though it's an indie game, and apparently some people see them as 'not being special'), but it is also available on the PC. That game could've been a driving force to get people to buy an Xbox One, if it was exclusive to Xbox One, and Xbox One alone. That's why Xbox One is in the position it is in today, and people don't seem to understand that.