The King of Hate Forums
Static Veins

Moderator Reshuffling & New Moderators Wanted

Th Mighty Onyx I would like to apply because I'm a constant viewer of his content user of his website may I plz become a mod

1. You need moderating experience on other sites.

2. You haven't done a lot on this site.  Have you been on previous versions of the forum (2010-2014)?

Edited by MasterOfAwesomeness

6 hours ago, Ivor_Dehaney said:

I'd be very interested in a role while I'm looking for a real job. I know its a long shot, but I really would be honoured to be considered a candidate. Thank you for listening.

I'm not sure if they're still actively looking, as the last post was a year ago.

I have to be straight here. It's not up to me but I'd be disturbed to have you as a mod. Mods need to be careful how they exercise their power, avoiding too much strictness, but I've seen you tell Sam that he needed an attitude adjustment just because he wasn't as polite as he could have been (but he didn't break the rules). I wouldn't want to post in an environment where I have to be constantly worried whether I'm being polite enough (actually, it already is this way in the channels discussions section, which is why I only post in general discussions), you need to tone it down about taking offense.  

Plus, mods should build trust and good will in the community before being chosen. You're still a new guy and I'm already a little wary about interacting with you, to be honest. I hope you take this as constructive criticism rather than a personal attack.  

Edited by KingBunghole
  • Upvote 3

I have to agree with KingBungHole here. That Sam situation was a prime example of potential power abuse, no doubt if Ivor had the power he would gave disciplinary action over someone stating their opinion. There's already enough censorship on this forums as it is, don't need to add more to the bucket. Also one thing I admire about Silent and MoA is as long as I've been here, they've never fed into any drama, they contribute information, are active in all parts of the forum, and are genuinely fair. Plus not only I don't think they need any more mods (theres only like 10-15 people who actively frequent this forum), but if they were to assign a new mod, I would think they would grant that to someone who's been here longer than a month. Just my opinion.

Yes, the first thing we would look for in a new mod is forum experience.  A member with almost 1000 posts is more likely to be selected than a member with less than 100 posts.  We're not hiring right now, but when the time comes, we'll let you guys know. 

9 hours ago, Ivor_Dehaney said:

I'd be very interested in a role while I'm looking for a real job. I know its a long shot, but I really would be honoured to be considered a candidate. Thank you for listening.

Why would you want to waste your time on a dead forum with 5 active users? Lol

we have enough mods, I find it hilarious that Ivor and others are fighting about being a mod when none of them have a chance in hell since they don't have clean records, which should be a requirement to avoid them banning people they don't like and endorsing double standards. Traditional even "quit" the forum in a huge rage and told various people to f-off. no thanks, keep the mods how they are.

Edited by Bailey_Dakota
  • Upvote 1

Clean records, lmao. Make it seem like people are applying for a Fortune 500 company when only 15 people come here.

Edited by Borg_Tech

4 hours ago, Bailey_Dakota said:

we have enough mods, I find it hilarious that Ivor and others are fighting about being a mod when none of them have a chance in hell since they don't have clean records, which should be a requirement to avoid them banning people they don't like and endorsing double standards. Traditional even "quit" the forum in a huge rage and told various people to f-off. no thanks, keep the mods how they are.

True. I lost my temper. But I think everyone should have an equal shot at getting accepted. The worst that happens is they say no. At it's not like I'm abusive all the time.

Also if I ever do get accepted everyone has my word that I'll treat everyone fairly.

7 hours ago, Bailey_Dakota said:

Enough mods but not enough people sadly. I miss that mod named JWA though

• Upvote 1

Clearly DarkSphere92 would be a good candidate. I dont know if I would be good one though. I dont come on much as it is unless i find somthing interesting to post in the random section since that is where i like to hang out at. 

• Upvote 1

Mods should have a clean slate! I would pick Alucard but no one else especially if they've insulted others. I have a clean slate but I agree that I've not been around that long but that shouldn't detract.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, AlucardViDracul said:

Clearly DarkSphere92 would be a good candidate. I dont know if I would be good one though. I dont come on much as it is unless i find somthing interesting to post in the random section since that is where i like to hang out at. 

wow didnt expect to hear that from anyone.

3 hours ago, TraditionalGames said:

You have the highest post count of all the members.

i say we give MDC mod for one day and see how many people he bans, for not agreeing with him. :P jk.

42 minutes ago, Darksphere92 said:

i say we give MDC mod for one day and see how many people he bans, for not agreeing with him. :P jk.

Worst idea ever, I say make me a mod so we can make the ecchi thread official and then ban darksphere as my first order of business