The King of Hate Forums
Phil

Ask the King Ep. 55 - NOW October 1, 2015

UPDATE: Due to my illness in late August, Ask the King didn't happen. However please continue to post up your questions here for the next episode which WILL happen on October 1, 2015!

Please post up your questions for the next episode of Ask the King HERE!

Edited by Phil
  • Upvote 2

Dear Phil what is your take on the sega's CEO has apologized to its consumer for 10 years of crap games. i still find it funny that it Atlus to make them understand that also f.y.i. i heard Street Fighter 5 will let unlock everything in game (like old school games) and the DLC is optional

•  
  • Upvote 1

Hi Phil, 

Firstly I would like to thank you for the awesome content you are providing us with and to let you know I have high hopes for the incoming months stacked with AAA games and your PTs.

My questions are below: (I've left them prioritized so that if you don't have enough time, you can skip the one on the bottom)

1) What is your honest opinion on the state of PSN at the moment ? Do you think that from the introduction of PS plus until now, the quality has improved enough to say that its competitor xbox live is slacking or you still think that there are some major issues / concerns with the whole indie game "free" provision model (plus games), DLC distribution and stability ? I know that you were a long term Xbox360 gamer so you can make a parallel to the early years of Xbox live , the latter years and the current competition which it is having on the console market with Sony. 

2) You are constantly saying that you are a movie, tv and comics fan but you lack in youtube content to prove yourself worthy of being a true geek !!

When are you going to actually start producing some reviews, vlogs, discussions and other similar content on your channel ? I really think that there are enough fans who are going to watch the content, although you can always try with something very popular like a show of GoT and see how many views and general interest you can attract with such media type. Just an idea, you can always 

Thanks for your time to read the above info. 

BR

Vesko

Hey Phil

With Himan agent 47 coming out in theaters August knowing how video games turned in movies suck do you still have a favorite video game film that you thought stayed true to the lore of the game it was based on? And do you think Hollywood should just stop making films based on video games?

Edited by I_Will_Break_You
  • Upvote 1

Sup Phil. Random Ron here back with another question:

Earlier this year, my campus Video Game Club had a discussion on Hardcore vs Casual & Back-Seat Gaming. One thing that was mentioned was how the hardcore crowd can ruin an experience of a casual crowd, or anyone who hasn't played the game they played, such as in cases where if someone grinds in certain games, he/she's frowned upon by the rest of the community. Also in my case where I play a game everyone, except me, had in their childhood & I'm looked down upon for not playing the game the way they played it.

At the same time, I mentioned that a casual crowd can ruin an experience for the hardcore crowd. Like in fighting games where, rather than a lot of time taking the time to learn the basics & the character, people will just learn a certain combo that everyone does & takes only possibly an hour to learn. Also in cases where you're trying to learn the game & you feel disheartened when you spend so much time learning the game & go against other people online who chooses an overpowered character or set controls on simple mode like in MvC3 & lose because of it.

Question: What are your thoughts on this & do you feel backseat gaming can ruin the experience of a game?

Other Question Not Related to the One Above if you don't Want to Answer the Top: I heard that Washington is chill & laid-back. After living there for a year now, can you confirm this?

• Upvote 1

So in the last ATK you didn't answer my question if so I'm guessing it was because it was more than one so I'll just ask one and it's the one I really wanna know the most which is when will you be playing the Jaws of Hakkon DLC for Dragon Age Inquisition? as your Inquisition playthrough was awesome and as a big fan of the Dragon Age series I really wanna see you play it as your Bioware game playthru's are always great *flashback to your homophobic Xbox 360 in the Cortez romance in ME3 Extended Cut DLC :-)* 

Hey Phil,

i recently saw your "DSP tries it: Frozen cereal. Do you think you'll start a series called "DSP REGRETS IT" where you regret for not doing something in the past?  Oh and how is panda lee soap business doing? Any new countries added? 

Thanks,

christian

Hey Phil im a big fan n  I'd like to know how to deal with being bullied for not likeing clash of clans and games along it if u could answer this in ask the king I would really appreciate it

Hey Phil, I am darkness007666 (Christian Dauz) a long time viewer whom cringes and laughs at your playthroughs.

Why do you call yourself the 'Average' Gamer?

Do you have eye problems? Sometimes you miss items right in front of you in some of your playthroughs and I believe I have worse vision than you do.

Could you do a video which explains HOW you  and structure your scores in the Hateful Truth Game Reviews?

How did you know of John FUCKING Rambo?

Have you ever considered that the reason why some people watch your videos is NOT because they are good but because they are ADDICTING?

Hey Phil two quick questions for you.

1.) How many times a day do you poop and what was the weirdest color of poop you had? I had one where it was a mix of multiple colors it was brown, black, green, and another color I cant remember.

2.) Cooking with the King. We all want it. Bring it back maybe baby? Ill suck on your toes.

• Upvote 1

Hey phil I have a question. With the hype of games like Fallout 4 and etc. What do you think the new Battlefront game from dice has to offer and is it possible of seeing you play the new reboot of the series.

Edited by dxrover

Hey, Phil: There has been a LOT of bad remakes lately by HW like, Potergeist, Vaction etc. Do you think there will be a time where hollypoop will learn we want good movies NOT same old shit? (not that their bad movies by any means) My friend Jason a couple years ago saw star wars revenge of the sith. And he got so mad he (not joking) took the disc out, and snaped in half. Yes, he was that stupid. What im asking is will the tall and mighty dumbasses there stop killing our babies? P.S. in your thoughts and Pandalee's, which show is better, Walking dead, Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones or Hell on Wheels? And will you watch the "Scream" tv show at some point? Thanks: Matthew .K

Edited by MatthewVader

Hey Phil two quick questions for you.

1.) How many times a day do you poop and what was the weirdest color of poop you had? I had one where it was a mix of multiple colors it was brown, black, green, and another color I cant remember.

2.) Cooking with the King. We all want it. Bring it back maybe baby? Ill suck on your toes.

WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU?  TMI much.

Hey dsp do you think you could give us a backstory/history on you and panda meeting up/dating and becoming a couple

plus what do you think of all the "panda lee is your daughter" comments?

Phil as we all know the 7th generation of consoles are coming to an end when it comes to new releases so my question is what was you favorite game on each console the PS3 and Xbox 360

Guessing somebody is naughty.  Oh and don't think I forgot about the assholish stunt you did to me a while ago.

why are you bringing up pointless things in this thread and derailing it. I don't remember or know what you're even referring to cause I don'r care cause I'm not a child and move on

why are you bringing up pointless things in this thread and derailing it. I don't remember or know what you're even referring to cause I don'r care cause I'm not a child and move on

Whatever. 

Thinking about the internet, i noticed that there's a tendency of people with more knowledge belittling the ones with less knowledge specially when it comes to certain forms of entertainment. That being said, do you think people on the internet are giving up on being fans to become wannabe experts?

( Since my last question was super long I'll make one that's right to the point)

Phil awhile back on Ask the King ep. 52 part 1 you gave a few reasons why you wouldn't go back to Parasite eve. Yet there was one reason you gave in particular that bugged me. Its when you start to talk about the game having a difficulty spike and about how hard the final boss is supposedly. The way you talked about it made me wonder two things. Did a fan tell you about how hard the final boss was or did you look it up yourself? Just the way you say it really made me think those two things and I do hope that wasn't the reason you didn't finish the game. I await your answer and until then stay cool.