The King of Hate Forums
Phil

Ask the King Ep. 55 - NOW October 1, 2015

Hi Phil,

I've been wondering if you have been to any amusement parks? For example, Cedar Point, Any Six Flags park, etc. Even though you do have back problems, what about when you were a kid?

Thnx, and keep up the GREAT work!

Hey Phil, I am a long time viewer and have been watching your content since late-2009. The first playthrough I watched of you was Brutal Legend, and personally I'd recomend doing a Retro Replay of that game becuase that game was fucking awesome.

My question is what do you think of SJW's? With events such as Gamergate you saw many gaming outlets pushing the "Video Games Promote Sexism And Misogyny!" narrative. Now we both know that's bullshit. We see these "Social Justice Worriers" who fight for the betterment of mankind. When in reality they are liberal extremists who complain over the most trivial of things. Why do you think some people have this extreme mind set and are very concerned over political correctness? Personally I really hope these social retards go away becuase they stifle creativity and hold the gaming medium back.

Greetings fellow human!

Quick and simple question, who is your pick ( should you have one yet ) for the next President of the United States out of the GOP (assuming you are republican)? Or is there anyone who you know you will NOT support for presidency?

Hey Phil, I've been watching your content since your WWE Allstars playthrough in (I believe) 2010. Throughout the time I've been watching, I noticed that you don't often play with a female character. I can understand that for most games considering there isn't often an option to do so. However, in the most recent WWE game, you played with a superstar and there was no option to play with a diva; in WWE2K16 you have the option to make a female (though I don't know if you can play with one in season mode). So my question; if the option is available, will you consider creating and playing with a diva in WWE2K16? I think the season mode might get boring if you play with a guy again because it'll seem just like the last playthrough (aside from the Hall of Fame being possible). Then again, there aren't as many divas (27 of them, might include DLCs) so that could get boring too. To give u an idea of what the experience may be like: u face some generic divas in developmental, move on to face NXT divas, then WWE divas while being involved in plot lines with diva legends at pay-per-views

link to see divas roster for WWE2K16 from the demo below (the person displaying the game moves the left stick like an old man walks so skip ahead)

Edited by CJExtreme98
to give an idea

There has been a lot of uproar during the last and current generation consoles about the way company's handle DLC, Pre-Orders, and Season Passes for their games; specifically company's like Capcom selling on disk content, Rocksteady  selling expensive season passes and not telling the consumer what is in the season pass, and Turtle Rock Studios selling monsters for EVOLVE when there were only three monsters in the game to begin with.

My question is why do people bitch about these said practices and yet still buy the content instead of just not buying the content to begin with. It seems counterproductive to bitch about something and yet still buy it and it also sets a bad precedent with game company's.

Hey Phil. I've noticed your references to Attack on Titan, and I was wondering if there are any other cartoons or anime from the past few years you've been interested in?

• Upvote 1

Hey Phil,

For some reason, I can't edit my original post I made a while ago. Well besides that, What were you doing the day Eddie Guerrero died? What was your reaction? What did you say to yourself? Was WWE ever the same? Another question: Do you think Chris Benoit was framed for the murders for his family? Some people believe that Keven Sullivan did it.What is your take on this?

Best, 

Chris

Edited by Meteo_Zegarra2018

Sup Phil!

I live alone and I'm 27 years old, and I believe my house is haunted. This might sound very strange, but it's true. I wake up in the middle of the night at the exact time for the past month, that time is 1:08. Also when ever I do wake up I see very weird apparitions and "ghosts" in my bedroom. I mostly see my dog running around, and my dog died 2 years ago. I'm very terrified to even be in my own home. I planning on moving soon, but when I do move I'll be basically poor because all my money will be invested in my new home. I was just wondering if anything like this has ever happened to you, because I'm very scared right now and I just want to move.

Thnx, and stay close with God, your going to need him. 

• Upvote 1

Hey phil, since you're in the Seattle area, are you going to check out The International next year?

The International is the big dota 2 event of the year with teams from around the world competing, this year the winning team got over 6 million dollars.

I know you probably don't know much about dota, it's basically an RTS where you control a single hero rather than an army(usually) , but that's why it may be interesting to see someone who knows nothing of it go to the event check it out. It does require a ticket for the arena though, but there are non ticket areas as well I believe.

If you were to ever become interested in the game know that it has a massive learning curve, and it would take about a year to be able to play it on a basic level.

Edited by Streetguru

Hey Phil, long time viewer and fan since your Duke Nukem Forever review back in 2011.

I wanted to ask you a couple things:

1. Do you know if views from the PS3 Youtube app count towards your profitable views? Ads do appear in the videos so I assume, and hope, they do, but I wasn't sure. I remember you saying one time that if someone watched your videos from a mobile device, they didn't count towards generating revenue for you.

2. What do you hope to see in the new Mass Effect Andromeda? It will apparently be set in a new galaxy called Andromeda, but there really isn't anything else known about the game other than its holiday 2016 release date.

Thanks for your time.

I was watching one of your old channel update vlogs from 2013 when you were playing Demon's Souls and you really seemed to shit on Reddit and 4chan.

My question is: do you still hold animosity towards those websites? if so, why?

4chan's video games board and Reddit's /r/games board have some of the deepest discussion on video games and is basically the go-to place for breaking news and discussion. Just curious why you would have such strong disdain for such important communities. In fact, you are even a bit revered on 4chan's video games board - a lot of people there always talk about how much they love your reviews.

Hi. me again. Thanks for answering my question on disability. What I want to ask next is this: What are your thoughts on "The New 52" reboot of DC Comics? Personally, I'm finding them more accessible than the original DC Universe. 

Hey Phil, I wanted to get your opinion on Halo 5 bringing in characters from the expanded universe, such as Blue team. Do you think it will confuse people who are not familiar with the expanded universe or will it not end up being a big deal?

Hey Phil, What are you thoughts on anti-cigarette commercials? You said in the past that you hated smoking and is now done with it. To tell you the truth, I hate those commericals. I know that they're trying warning people about the dangers of smoking because they think people who smoke are dumb, but I really don't like how you get some commercials that are over preachy, and others that are manipulative where they get some guy or girl saying that smoking gave them cancer, a stroke that left them crippled or has destroyed their bodies and to tell the viewer that if you smoke or if you know someone who smoke,This could happen to you or them if they don't quit. Thanks a bunch.

Question 1: What are your thoughts on flight/space simulator games in general (do you play/enjoy them, or just not your cup of tea?), and Star Citizen in particular?  Any plans to give it a try?

Question 2: boxers or briefs?  ;-)

jjd

Edited by planetjeff

Can you make a "Day and Life of DarksydePhil" ? 

I think people would love it, you Vlog from when you wake up, Until you fall asleep.

Hey Phil,

Long time fan here. I just want to ask you if you have ever had a friend that always seems to lose interest in a game or games you either played coop together or against each other such as (street fighter) My best friend who I am just gonna call John, seems to have interest in games like Street Fighter(bc we talk and discuss strategies all the time) however, I've almost never seen him practice by himself or bother to get better at it. Even games where we work together such as RE Merc mode or raid; he never seems to play himself unless I am there with him. It's especially frustrating in heavy loot based games such as diablo, dragon's crown, borderlands, and most MMORPGs because I will progress as time goes on and he just remains the same unless I play with him. Both of us have jobs, we can't ALWAYS pick off where we both last stopped. John never has any motivation to get better at the games we are currently playing, and always moves on to something else. 

The worst part about him is....he will never say he DOESN'T want to play these kind of games even if I ask him directly. Yet I can tell he isn't having fun alot of the times. I would never want to force anyone to play something they don't want to. I have many times said to him "if you don't like or want to play these kind of games, please just let me know so I don't waste my time as well." I guess my real question is: What would you do in my situation? I don't want to stop playing games with him because he does seems to have fun occasionally if we play something new. However, when the times come where practice/grinding/dedication/focus comes in that specific game....he doesn't want to continue and never says ANYTHING to me. 

Hey phil,

I was just watching hate live and you talked about the league of legends incident on twitch. When you were talking about that however. I aksed to myself: 'Did Phil ever play league of legends?'. So here is the question. Have you ever played league of legends? If not. Would you consider trying it out? Only when you have time of course. Maybe when you have downtime after the hardcore gaming season. Anyway keep up the good work. I love your content.

Laterz,

Omega from the Netherlands

Hey Phil long time fan. How are you doing? my question for #AskTheKing is weather or not you consider making a channel trailer( DspGaming and TheKingOfHateVlogs) for the new viewers you have acquired over the past few months?

• Upvote 2

I had another question.

I noticed you were trying to get a new camera, why not try to get a sponsorship from a company for a camera to review/test? Given your subscriber count and machinima affiliation there would be a good chance that a company would say yes especially if the camera in question isn't too costly, you aren't a tech reviewer normally, but it might be something to try.

Although you may not be into the being sponsored thing most likely.

And for some additional info, 4k cameras aren't really worth it until you start getting into the expensive high end professional cameras. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NFmpJNvd4k

And you should look for a camera with HDMI out for your streaming, if you didn't have that already.

If you wanted a camera suggestion the Sony HDR-MV1 seems like it would be a good fit for you as I'd imagine you wanted audio quality perhaps over higher end video quality, and it has HDMI out. It also has a fairly wide angle lens for your vlogs. Only real downsides on it are the micro SD slot, and unintuitive screen/menu
Review of the HDR-MV1:

Price is around 300 dollars for it.

I am also unsure as to how I go about unembedding the video, if a mod could do that that'd be great.

Edited by Streetguru

Hello there Phil I was checking Patreon.com and I saw someone using a name that is call dspgaming and I check it and I think someone is trying to get steal your youtube name and use it as their own so if you have time check it and report it and tell them someone is copying you I know you have a Pateron  goal I just telling you Becareful don't let the people who hate your content make you give up.

From tmp1114

Hey Phil, I know you play a wide variety of games, mostly cause you like em, partly because it's your job, and and slightly because fans recommend games to you. I think that's great. But if you weren't playing most every game, I was wondering if you have a fiction-preference? 

Let me explain. As a regular gamer, I have to pick and choose what games I buy. For me, while games like the Dark Souls and Witcher series are interesting, more often than not, I won't buy them because they are fantasy/supernatural-based. However, I've recently found out that the developers of both the Souls series and the Witcher are considering making games with more of a science fiction feel, and that news makes me very excited, cause I definitely would buy and play those games.

so, do you have a personal preference for either fantasy or scifi, or some other setting category?

thanks for your time, 

Fool-One

Edited by Fool-One

Hey, Phil

I know that you don't like spoilers in games, but have you ever considered getting back into playing Dragon Age Inquisition Single player campaign DLCs currently titled "The Jaws of Hakkon" and "The Descent"? I played Jaws of Hakkon myself and I enjoyed it. I was hoping to see you play those two DLC and future DLC for Dragon Age Inquisition when you can. I think you will enjoy them as well.