The King of Hate Forums
Phil

Ask the King Ep. 55 - NOW October 1, 2015

Hey Phil,

I just wanted to ask how do you feel about all these new memes coming out from vine videos and other social media websites for example the 9+10 video that was crazy for a year and now most recently the WHAT ARE THOSE!! There are many more. I just wanted to know you're feeling on them on if they are stupid are quite funny.

Thank You,

from your fan from England Kieran.

How did you and leanna first meet? How did you get together? What was your first date/meet up? Who asked for a relationship first? We're you seeing each other first or jump straight into a relationship. I'd like to know every detail and leave nothing unsaid the whole truth and nothing but the truth lol 

Loved the COD playthrough !

What is your best improvement in daily life and quality of life compared to 2-3 years ago? What stands out most.

This with respect to your weight loss, living in a warmer and better tax climate, living together, those types of things.

• Upvote 1

Loved the COD playthrough !

What is your best improvement in daily life and quality of life compared to 2-3 years ago? What stands out most.

This with respect to your weight loss, living in a warmer and better tax climate, living together, those types of things.

A very good question!

• Upvote 1

Hey Phil

not sure if this question has been asked before but what are your faviourte cities in America 

I am looking to go there one day and not sure what cities

and also what are some cities around the world you would like to go to

been a fan since ps home 2009

shakira's hips sure don't lie 

Hey Phil I am new here, but so far I've been so happy to be able to watch your gameplay and commentary, from looking around I've seen that there have been a ton of jealous trolls and haters that have criticized and mock you, I honestly think it is ridiculous because you are just trying to live your life with happiness as well as i've had to deal with negative people similar to them in my life, i just want to know how do you deal with them? You must be pretty thick skinned and have a ton willpower to continue doing what you do,if you do or don't answer this question i just want you to know that im amazed and inspired by your honesty and strength to get past all of this negativity. 

• Upvote 1

Hey Phil, was wondering if you've watched the Metroid LP recently started by someone named Lancun. He made the series out of retaliation of YOUR  Metroid Prime LP. He is constantly antagonizing and berating you in it. I find it sickening, to be honest. He doesn't even know you personally. Do you have any response to this?

• Upvote 1

Phil do you think you would do a poll on wether you stream MGSV or record it offline? Because many people are worried that the stream chat will only distract you and make the playthrough less enjoyable to watch. I myself am very worried that the streamchat could spoil something for you when trying help you and it could ruin your experience with the game. I'm just curious to hear you opinion on the matter since many fans seem to be leaning towards more of the offline recording than you streaming it daily.

hey Phil I was watching E3 2015 so this was a while ago when I suddenly got a text saying this isn't gonna work out I was pretty heartbroken and it ruin E3 for me so my question is have you ever have your heartbroken or broken someones heart thanks Phil love your content and P.S. we have the same name and birthday 

hey Phil how come don't play killer instinct anymore when new characters are still coming out Im not sure if you play the last dlc character for MKX too is it because the fans don't care anymore or is it that you just lost interest in those games thanks 

Hey Phil,

I was wondering what your thoughts were on the rumors that suggest Nintendo's next-gen console will not include a dlsc tray and opt for digital only. Do you think the world is ready for a digital only console in the next 2 years or so and also what are your thoughts on rumors suggesting the 'NX' will not be on a competitive level with the PlayStation 4?

Thanks and best wishes, 

Cameron (IndustrialGamer)

• Upvote 2

Hey Phil, I've been a fan of your content since your prototype playthrough back in 2007 and I rarely interact in the chat or comments but I felt that I needed to in this case since you lost your streaming capabilities and received the ability to stream on the night of the 26th. I just want to ask that if, for whatever reason,  you have to upload a playthrough without streaming then stream the rest of the playthrough if you could give us a little more time get caught up?  I wanted to be in the stream when you got it back but you started early and unfortunately I had just started the last video to be caught up with the stream. I was pretty disappointed that I couldn't watch the conclusion of Until Dawn live, especially since I love the game so far.  I hope you consider this request, your long time fan KageJikan.

hey phil, i have been a fan ever since you played fable 2, i just wanted to ask how is your relationship with john rambo and i saw that you made a video saying that you and rambo had a falling out and you also said that you were too busy to talk to him, but i just watched a hate live and you were talking to Chris from the airedlord and his friend. if you were to busy to talk to Chris and why couldn't you speak to 

Rambo. i just notcied that rambo made parody video about you and patreon. i really hope you guys can get back to being friends again. i really miss you smarkguys and your co op games. i hope you didn't take an offence in what i  said . 

Hey Phil! I'm from Singapore, and I'm travelling to the US in December. For about a week I'll be alone with my mom in the West Coast, and  i'd like to know if you have any places to recommend we visit? Also, from your perspective, what do you think the difference is between the treatment of African Americans and East Asian Americans in the places you've lived in? 

Thank you so much for all the content you provide, your videos have been a major part of helping me deal with stress, and in times of desperate sadness they've been an unwavering light. 

So today, a new video came out showing off Deus Ex: Mankind Divided's pre-order bonus, and they're doing things pretty differently. You get to choose what pre-order bonus you want in tiers. As more people pre-order, more tiers will unlock, starting with a costume pack, then an artbook, an extra mission, and a digital comic book. The final tier, which seems to confuse some people based on the comments, will give the game to everyone that pre-orders 4 days early. So instead of the February 23rd release, they would be able to get it on the 19th. I see it as a fun little extension to how in the game you can augment yourself to play how you want, so that you can get what you want in your pre-order. It seems like a lot of other people are annoyed by this, but what do you think about this kind of pre-order?

hey dsp

i have been a seeing a lot of people on youtube talking about you scaming people on patreon. they have been saying that you wanted to raise money so you can do project seven and then all of a sudden you cancelled it and apparently you did not refund them their money. i just wanted to get your thoughts.

Hi Phil,

Had another question. A few days ago as of me writing this, Jimmy Kimmel went on his show and did a short skit on the new YouTube Gaming Network that was recently launched. In his video, he said "what's the point of watching other people play video-games, when you can just play them yourself" as well as made other comments about how it was a waste of time and very stupid. So my question is simple, what are your feeling on Jimmy Kimmel's opinion, the way he reacted to it, as well as the response videos he made to the nasty comments he got in retaliation? Other talk show hosts like Conan O'Brian actually have part of there show dedicated to playing and reviewing games, and even though it's for comedic purposes, it's still very enjoyable to watch. Thanks and have a good one.

Jimmy Kimmel's Videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ji9KmXwrA5Y - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZJHhM5uKlg - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9oZplyzDKc - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtZgpEqfoaI

Conan O'Brian's Videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLVL8S3lUHf0RqD7TZ6hohWk8Sd3asaqnY

Hey Phil, Do you think that there is still a chance for the Duke Nukem franchise to possibly be revived, and  that a new Duke Nukem game can be released for the xbox one and ps4? You said Duke Nukem forever had unrealisted expectations for being a development hell game, and that most of the reviews for the game were unfair, and i agree.

Do you think the popular review sites will ever fix thier unfair rating system?

Edited by hellknight54

Hey Phil my question is what is your take on the whole war between 2K with 2K16 and EA with NBA live 16 in the past NBA Live games haven't been good but now this year it looks like they stepped there game up and have done things that surpasses 2K16 do you think that EA will be better than 2K16 or will 2K16 conquer NBA Live

Edited by Ajboothe

I got one more, Probably a more relevant one.

In MGSV you have quiet, who is clearly there for some Fan Service, but she isn't just a background character, and generally isn't portrayed as a "sexual object" aside form one scene later, kind of.

So for you, where does the line between Fan Service and Explicit Sexual Pandering get drawn? Where does Bayonetta fit into this? She's clearly meant to be sexy, but still has characterization and is the main character.

Edited by Streetguru