The King of Hate Forums
Phil

Ask the King Ep. 55 - NOW October 1, 2015

Hey Phil. I wanted to ask this question for some advice (Please bare with me) : school is a crap time for teens and i'm now going into collage, i've found out that most people from my last school are going to that collage aswell, I have been bullied in the past by alot of people from that school, I was a very nerdy guy and was pressured by bullies about drugs, but i've recently "freshed" myself up, but I still worry that people will laugh at me because of me being a nerd, my past etc. my question to you is: Have you ever been in a situation about bullying and if so, how did you handle it? thanks for taking the time to read this, good luck with the futre and thanks for the videos.

Edited by MisterEpic4

Hey phil, I know you have mentioned in passing that you have watched anime like attack on titan, it is because of that I'm curious on your thoughts on the placement of anime in the american entertainment industry. 

• Upvote 1

*** Background: ***

I've been a fan since your Fallout 3 days so I'm very much immune to all the nonsense people say about you but almost every time I go watch a video of yours, it's filled with dislikes which are sometimes accompanied by nasty comments. I always wonder how a new viewer thinks about all this negativity. If I had never heard of you and randomly found you right now and the video had 30 likes and 50 dislikes,I'd think twice before giving you a chance. It's tough to explain this negativity to new viewers. Very recently a bloke commented on a video that he was a new viewer who found you through TIHYDP videos and had some good things to say about you. What unfolded was a huge discussion with dozens of hater comments about what an asshole you were. (The Godfather pt.29)

Seamus' reason for disabling comments:  https://twitter.com/ssohpkc/status/561951764585275394

James' (UberHaxorNova) explanation for disabling comments on the Creature Hub channel: https://www.reddit.com/r/TheCreatures/comments/2zncxo/the_creatures_have_disabled_their_comment_section/  

*** Actual question: ***

Earlier in the year Seamus (SSoHPKC) disabled the comments on his videos, followed later by The Creatures who (temporarily) disabled the comment section on their Creature Hub channel and moved the discussion to their forum. Would you consider doing the same?

***Further elaboration: ***

To guard against trolls invading the forum, you could have some "vetting" process, where people would have to prove they aren't trolls in another place on the forum, like a lobby section for new members. People would then be promoted to full membership on the forum. I seriously doubt many trolls would have the patience to wallow in there, not getting the attention they want.

Without huge dislikes, nasty comments and with a forum filled with fans who enjoy your content there would finally be some aura of positivity about your channel. Every other comment would cease to be: "What's with all the dislikes?" ,followed by pretty much an overall comment section civil war between the fans and haters. All of that would allow us, the fans, to enjoy and laugh and be frustrated at your content without that hater nonsense clouding everything.

*Internet fist pump*  

Edited by Naddoddur

Ok a serious question now.

Hey Phil, what are your thoughts on you only streaming big time new releases or games that people wanted to be streamed such as patreons choice, etc. This would allow you to go back to your old style of no stream gameplay that you are doing now again for the time period which is receiving a lot of positive feedback, and it would also free up your time more and not be on such a busy schedule. 

• Upvote 2

HI Phil. I was wondering that since the Definitive Edition of Dishonored is coming out for PS4 for only $20 with all DLC if you would consider doing a playthrough of the game in High Chaos since you said you wanted to but never did, and/or the Daud DLC's since you never got to play those?

Do you like your job Phil? Honestly, at first when I was younger and use to watch you, it seemed quite fun.

Now though, after working in the world and having physical interactions with other human beings, it seems immensely  boring.

Being inside for more than 8+ hours  playing video games, I would be bored out of my mind. 

Along with how unsteady the pay is. I couldn't  live my life on knowing if I got three copyright strikes that I would be unemployed. It sounds like the cons outweigh the pros in this situation.

So I''l add another question here: If somehow, during your days in the work-force when you were laid off was offered another job with enough stable income and insurance to fix your back, along with able to move to Seattle and still be in the work-force due to a transfer would you take this scenario ?

I would.

Edited by One

Hey Phil, 3 questions dead quick.

1- since you have stopped streaming temporarily, have you noticed an increase at all in your video views as maybe a portion of the streaming audience is watching them later? I personally don't watch what I've already seen on stream as I've already seen it, so I imagine others feel the same way.

2- Have you heard about Pokken tournament coming to Wii U Worldwide in Spring 2016 and will you be playing it? If you don't know what it is, Pokken tournament is a proper Pokemon fighting game (Yes, really! Not a lite fighting game like Smash) that's a Japanese Arcade exclusive game. It's being developed by the same people who make Tekken games and will even have a Fightpad for the Wii u to play it on rather then the Gamepad. It's going to have 10 characters at launch and will receive free updates adding new characters and stages rather then other fighting games where they are DLC. What are your thoughts on this game and does it sound interesting to you?

3-With streaming down, will you not be doing a Podcast? I mean, you could if you wanted and just record one long vlog as it'd be the same as the Podcast...just not live is all.

Grandmaster Phil, 

Short question, what's your stance on the modern rehashing of classic 90s - 2000s video games? It seems like video games that people have grown up with are making their grand return in HD quality remakes or remasters and it's becoming something of a trend nowadays to do these games. Notable games like Resident Evil 2, Shenmue, Final Fantasy VII have been announced and are sending fans into frenzies across the globe.  Be it a cheap cash in, or respectful tribute to their fan bases, How do you feel about the video game industry taking this road? 

• Upvote 1

ATK question: Hey Phil, I've recently noticed that you and Leanna have done two different Lego Co Ops, will you be taking the opportunity in future downtime to play older Lego games, for example Harry Potter or Star Wars? Thanks for answering and good luck to you in the future 

Hey Phil.

Since you are a active player and are always using your gaming equipment, may I ask what your cleaning methods are for your game controllers? Humans in general have oils on their skins, and when you regularly handle something, those oils transfer to those objects. For example, computer keyboards, TV remotes and console controllers. 

I've asked this question before, and I'll ask again, since I think it'd be good info for other gamers. 

Thanks for your time and consideration. 

Fool-One

Hey Phil,

Will you ever consider finishing the PS2 Icon trilogies, Jak 3 and Ratchet & Clank 3, somewhere in the near future? Like the (possible) summer downtime of 2016 perhaps? Or will something like this ever happen if it gets picked with Patron's Choice?

And whatever happened to the Ratchet & Clank: Into The Nexus playthrough, you ended it 25% in? Would you ever continue that as well?

Hello DSP! I have two questions. First one is Are you going to have something special for DSP tries it 100? Second: Can we fans somehow help you with your content now since that fan art bullshit didn't work out? Cheers from Serbia! Stay positive!

Hey Phil, I hope you're well. 

I was wondering if you would do a play through of Metal Gear Online 3. It comes with Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, but it will not be playable until October 6th.

Thanks. 

hey phil, 

i just wanted to get your opinion on "End of The World". people are saying that wold is ending in September 23rd 2015. people are saying a couple of things as an Astroid or comet, financial crisis, in my opinion i don't think it is going to happen . what do you think of this conspiracy .

Hey Phil 

with the upcoming release of mad max, what are you thoughts on the old movies and the new movie if you've seen it, and how much are you looking forward to the game. Keep up the good work your fan 

Reece

Hey, Phil, I know you don't care what other people believe. But, the government is thinking about taking the words "under god" out of the pledge. I think it's a good think, because I don't think they should get involved with religion after the whole gay marriage law being legal and now Christians are pissed at this. I'm guessing your not going to answer this, because this has nothing to do with you or your problems, but it's something I wanted to try on you. If you do answer, then great. 

S.K.

Hey Phil,

I've been a fan of your channels for a year now and decided to finally ask a question for Ask the King.

With the release of Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain less than a week away, I was wondering how do you feel about a game series's story being spread across multiple spin off games?

Metal Gear Solid 5 is the follow up to Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, a PSP game released back in 2010. This game is very important to MGS5 as it contains a wide cast of characters and important events in its the story that will most likely at the very be least referenced to in MGS5, potentially leaving those who don't know the story of Peace Walker a little in the dark.

Now it's a bit harder to speak on what level this will affect MGS5's story since no one has played MGS5 yet, but one series that has undoubtedly had their story spread across multiple spin off games is Kingdom Hearts.

As if the series' plot isn't confusing enough, Kingdom Hearts has a bunch of games spread across multiple systems such as Sony and Nintendo handhelds and even smartphones, with each entry ranging from having tiny story tidbits(Coded for the DS) to having huge importance to the story(Birth by Sleep for the PSP). An example of this affecting a sequel's story would be Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories for Gameboy Advance as it pretty much set the stage for Kingdom Hearts 2 by introducing important characters, one example being Organization 13. You were pretty much in the dark for most of KH2 if you didn't know the story of Chain of Memories.

With these examples as well as any you may have personally, how do you feel about a game series spreading their story out across multiple spin off games?

Thanks for providing entertaining content and pay no mind to the haters. If anything all they are doing is introducing new folks to your content, which is exactly how I learned of you. Keep up the great work!

Edited by JDog2009

Hey Phil,

As an aspiring story writer/songwriter. I wanted to know your take on what you feel makes a good story, interesting locations, good lessons and or symbolism etc. Same goes for music, I like all kinds of genres that would probably make you rip off your headphones and also wanted to know what kinds of music you preferred over others the most?        

Thanks. Your longtime viewer NSH. :biggrin:

Edited by Naviskyhunter
mistake