The King of Hate Forums
Sign in to follow this  
lourat

rising thunder

Great new fighting game.  Currently in alpha phase but it runs pretty well (had a couple of ctd's but it's rare).

The online is insanely good.  Feels like a local connection, and you wait about 1 second to get into a match on average in peak hrs.

Don't know if Phil would want to play it since it's on PC, but i've got a spare code to download the game if he's interested.

Edited by lourat

Phil didn't respond when I offered him a code, so here are two.  Please only use if you think you'll download and try the game otherwise leave them for someone else:

A54BZ-P67S1-RCTRR-2CKOU-7ALY7
WMYUI-K4KLG-K428Y-BG60B-VN9VT

Also here's an amusing (sad?) video which is probably the most popular video about this game atm.  Contains more salt in 20 minutes than DSP has produced in his entire career:

This game is really really fun. I didn't know what to expect, especially when EVO was spamming the game's trailer in between breaks. But I must say that Seth Killian and Tom Cannon have surprised me with this game. It's simple but still has that level of depth that old school players can sink their teeth into. So far, the character balance is on point. Yes, Edge and Chel are obnoxious. Yes, there are painful matchups to play, but there is nothing inherently overpowered or broken in the game. 

And that video was amazing. A full on 20 minute rant. Mind you, he also deleted his Twitch page, his Twitter account, and uninstalled the game. LMAO. 

Surprised this free-to-play fighting game isn't more of a hit with Phil's viewership, given how many of them found him through his sf4 content.

This game is really really fun. I didn't know what to expect, especially when EVO was spamming the game's trailer in between breaks. But I must say that Seth Killian and Tom Cannon have surprised me with this game. It's simple but still has that level of depth that old school players can sink their teeth into. So far, the character balance is on point. Yes, Edge and Chel are obnoxious. Yes, there are painful matchups to play, but there is nothing inherently overpowered or broken in the game.

The best part is that it is in constant development.  Hopefully the loud-out system will make it hard for it NOT to be balanced, as tools are available to cover for one's bad match-ups.