The King of Hate Forums
MasterOfAwesomeness

NFL 2016 Offseason (Peyton Manning Retires)

Playoff-clinching scenarios for Week 15Edit

Note: Scenarios involving ties are omitted for simplicity.

AFC
NFC
  • The Arizona Cardinals can clinch:
    • the NFC West division title with a (1) win, (2) a Seattle Seahawks' loss OR (3) the Cardinals clinch the strength of victory tiebreaker over the Seahawks;[note 2]
    • a first-round bye with a win coupled witha Green Bay Packers' loss.
  • The Carolina Panthers can clinch homefield advantage throughout the NFC playoffs with a win coupled with an Arizona Cardinals' loss.
  • The Green Bay Packers can clinch a playoff berth with a win OR a loss by either the New York Giants or Washington Redskins.
  • The Minnesota Vikings can clinch a playoff berth with a win coupled with one of the following results:
    • A New York Giants' loss coupled with a loss by either the Atlanta Falcons or Seattle Seahawks,
    • A Washington Redskins' loss coupled with a loss by either the Atlanta Falcons or Seattle Seahawks.
  • The Seattle Seahawks can clinch a playoff berth with a win coupled with one of the following results:
    • a New York Giants' loss,
    • a Washington Redskins' loss,
    • a Green Bay Packers' win coupled with losses by both the Atlanta Falcons and Minnesota Vikings.

Source for this section: CBS Sports.[49]

Playoff elimination scenarios for Week 15Edit

Note: Scenarios involving ties are omitted for simplicity.

AFC
Buffalo Bills

Will be eliminated with a loss coupled with a win by either the Kansas City Chiefs or Pittsburgh Steelers.

Jacksonville Jaguars

Will be eliminated with a loss coupled with an Indianapolis Colts' win.

Oakland Raiders

Will be eliminated with a loss coupled with a win by either the Kansas City Chiefs or Pittsburgh Steelers.

NFC
Atlanta Falcons

Will be eliminated with a loss coupled withwins by both the Minnesota Vikings and Seattle Seahawks.

Chicago Bears

Will be eliminated with a loss (to the Minnesota Vikings).

New Orleans Saints

Will be eliminated with a loss OR wins by both the Minnesota Vikings and Seattle Seahawks.

St. Louis Rams

Will be eliminated with wins by both the Minnesota Vikings and Seattle Seahawks.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Will be eliminated with wins by both the Minnesota Vikings and Seattle Seahawks.

Well Bills basically gave up i think Sk I ns killing them 21-0

So if they lose and Chiefs win and Steelers win their done

And right now Chiefs are killing the Ravens

14 hours ago, sateler96 said:

After he shaved his beard he started doing better Jets have found their QB for the future I believe they will beat the Patriots next week 

And the Boys are eliminated if Skins, Giants or Eagles win their games

The Cowboys have been eliminated after their loss to the Jets.

• Upvote 1

Well, with that last Bills drive i can give it to the Redskins for good end zone defense. Other than that and a good first drive by the Bills, the offense just hasn't had much to work with besides that lucky turnover. Meanwhile, the Bills defense has died. Over 200 yards and 3 TD's given up shows it.

Giants lose 38-35.  Once again, the Giants defense flat out fails when the game matters most.  Eli throws for 4 TDs for the second week in a row and Rashad Jennings for the 1st time this year rushes for 107 yards on 16 carries and scores a TD.  This game was amazing.  The Giant were down by 28, came back to tie the game, but then lost it when the defense couldn't step up and when the game was on the line.  Hats off to Eli Manning and Rashad Jennings, they came to play today.  Even though ODB scored the game tying TD, he acted way out of character throughout most of the game.

So, what do you guys think about the Beckham Jr./Norman fiasco? The NFL VP admitted that the officials fucked up again by not ejecting either of them and there's video evidence of Panthers players bringing bats to the field supporting Beckham's statement that he was physically threatened with said bats before the game. Does it sound like there's a bigger issue going on here, especially with the refs? How many games have they fucked up at this year alone?

• Upvote 1

The Beckham appeal hearing just recently got out. We should know more tonight, where I will then give my thoughts. Early sources are saying the suspension was overturned, which I have trouble seeing. 

ESPN false reports were corrected, and Beckham was suspended, of course. I think one game is enough, as it is somewhat similar to the Talib eye jab. Given his talent, I will accept his apology and just move on. Players cannot be acting like that on the field, but the talent often overshadows behavior.

3 hours ago, SilentWarrior25 said:

So, what do you guys think about the Beckham Jr./Norman fiasco? The NFL VP admitted that the officials fucked up again by not ejecting either of them and there's video evidence of Panthers players bringing bats to the field supporting Beckham's statement that he was physically threatened with said bats before the game. Does it sound like there's a bigger issue going on here, especially with the refs? How many games have they fucked up at this year alone?

Even though the NFL officials cover less games than others, it's ridiculous how many problems have transpired this season. Did the officials have the ability to check for malicious play via replay? If not, I can't blame them for not ejecting someone if they missed a call. Either way, it's not a good look either way you cut it. Also, I know the NFL VP reminded the officials that they could eject players. I'm not sure if he has any officiating power like the replay officials in the NBA.

80-96

Week 16 

SD @ OAK (OAK -5)

NE @ NYJ (NE -3)

WSH @ PHI (PHI -3)

HOU @ TEN (Even)  

CLE @ KC (KC -11)

IND @ MIA (MIA -2.5)

SF @ DET (DET -9)

DAL @ BUF (BUF -6)

CHI @ TB (TB -3)

CAR @ ATL (CAR -7)

PIT @ BAL (PIT -10)

JAX @ NO (NO -3.5)

STL @ SEA (SEA -13) 

GB @ ARI (ARI -4.5)

NYG @ MIN (MIN -5.5)

CIN @ DEN (DEN -3)

4 hours ago, FWC said:

80-96

Week 16 

SD @ OAK (OAK -5)

NE @ NYJ (NE -3)

WSH @ PHI (PHI -3)

HOU @ TEN (Even)  

CLE @ KC (KC -11)

IND @ MIA (MIA -2.5)

SF @ DET (DET -9)

DAL @ BUF (BUF -6)

CHI @ TB (TB -3)

CAR @ ATL (CAR -7)

PIT @ BAL (PIT -10)

JAX @ NO (NO -3.5)

STL @ SEA (SEA -13) 

GB @ ARI (ARI -4.5)

NYG @ MIN (MIN -5.5)

CIN @ DEN (DEN -3)

Im surprised you picked Packers over Cards tbh

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!!  The Jets beat the Patriots 26-20 in OT.  Ryan Fitzpartick, Brandon Marshall, Eric Decker, and the Jets Defense showed up big time.  Fitzpatrick threw for 296 yards and 3 TDS.  Fitzpatrick has now tied Vinny Testaverde for a franchise record for most TD passes in a season w/29.  Marshall caught 8 passes for 115 yards and 2 TDS.  Marshall is now the first NYJ wide receiver to record 100+ in a season.  Eric Decker caught the game winning TD in OT while being guarded by Malcolm Butler.  The Jets D put up a whole lot of pressure on Brady, sacked him 2-3 times, intercepted him, and held his offense to just 13 points.  The Pats D scored a touchdown on a fumble recovery.  This win was the best and biggest win of the year for the Jets.  The Jets have finished the year 6-2 at home.  Todd Bowles my good sir, you are showcasing yourself as a rock solid head coach. 

Edited by MDCFAN101

Rams complete a series sweep against the Seahawks.  Eli and the G-Men got manhandled by the Vikings.  It is really a shame the Giants are doing bad this year despite Eli Manning having the best year of his career despite having some miscues.  The NFC East along with the AFC South are the weakest divisions in the NFL.  IMO, they should've have been a whole better and more competitive.

And after I say this, the Broncos win, negating that situation. The game was literally a tale of two halves. The Bengals went from converting on almost ever 3rd down, to scoring only 3 points in the second half.

Looking at the schedule for next week, I would say that the Steelers are lucky to play the Browns, but with the loss to the Ravens, now I'm not sure they'll get an easy win. But they're gonna need it and a loss by the Jets in order to make it in, but it seems like the Jets will have the better chance of winning this time against the Bills than the last meeting. Curious to see what happens. And the same goes to the Texans and Colts fighting for their division, and pretty much the same situation for the Colts. They need a win and the Texans need to lose. Gonna be a fun final week of regular season football.

12 hours ago, SilentWarrior25 said:

Looking at the schedule for next week, I would say that the Steelers are lucky to play the Browns, but with the loss to the Ravens, now I'm not sure they'll get an easy win. But they're gonna need it and a loss by the Jets in order to make it in, but it seems like the Jets will have the better chance of winning this time against the Bills than the last meeting. Curious to see what happens. And the same goes to the Texans and Colts fighting for their division, and pretty much the same situation for the Colts. They need a win and the Texans need to lose. Gonna be a fun final week of regular season football.

Colts need alot of random wins to get in XD

Ok, a little surprised that the Eagles fired Chip Kelly. I figured that they would during the off season but not when there's still one game left. I don't think anyone's gonna want him though seeing as he drove the Eagles downhill especially this season.

• Upvote 1