The King of Hate Forums
MasterOfAwesomeness

Movie Review Thread 4.0: The Unnecessary Reboot

I have just watched the Marvel One-Shot Film, All Hail the King.  For those who were vastly disappointed with the Mandarin's appearance in Iron Man 3, don't give up hope because the real Mandarin has yet to make his appearance.  Ben Kingsley's part as Trevor Slattery was used as a gimmick to steal the Mandarin's name.  The Mandarin the MCU has been revealed to be a leader of an organization known as the Ten Rings.  Hopefully, whoever plays the real Mandarin does a fine job.

On May 30, 2015,  I finally seized the chance to watch Age of Ultron.  GREAT MOVIE!!!!  Acting, action, writing, dark and adult tones were awesome.  The Vision and Ultron looked badass.  After watching this movie, Ultron is now my favorite Marvel Villain.  I think it is time to say that Chris Evans is Captain America and Robert Downey Jr. is Iron Man.  However, I do have a couple of complaints about the movie.  One is the relationship between the Hulk & Black Widow.  I felt it was thrown in there, but I do understand where they were going.  When it comes to me thinking of the one true love for the Hulk it is Betty Ross.  What is good for Bruce Banner is good for the Hulk.  Black Widow would've satisfied more the Hulk's side than Banner's.  The second is the Infinity Stone being placed on Vision's head.  He should've crushed Ultron instantly with that stone.  Plus, once Thanos comes he'll be the first to die because all Thanos has to do is rip it off his head.  Right now it is great time to be a Marvel fan and kind of a nervous time to be a DC fan.  Marvel is doing their movies better than DC because all DC is doing making their movies all dark and gritty.

Overall score: 9/10:wub:

Edited by MDCFAN101
forgot a word

I have recently watched the Rated R Power Rangers Fan Film and honestly I though it was pretty good.  However, I will have to agree with my man Jason David Frank aka Tommy Oliver that Power Rangers is best kept at a PG-13 level.  We have to think about younger audiences here.  PG-13 films achieve more success than Rated R films.  I approached this fan film as alternate take on the genre, as an elseworld story.  It was done very well IMO.  I grew up with Power Rangers like almost everyone else did and I enjoyed it.  My favorite series is Dino Thunder.  Hopefully this new Power Rangers movie is successful.

Overall score: 8/10

On Friday, I watched John Wick starring Keanu Reeves.  Most of this movie was cat wild.  It starts so innocently but then becomes wild.  Keanu Reeves IMO is at his best in this film.  John Wick is a former hitman that worked for the Russian mob that goes after the Russian mob because the boss' son stole his car and killed his dog which his dying wife gave him as a present for him to grieve with.  If you love action, go see this movie.

Overall score: 10/10

Hello Ladies & Gentlemen,

MDC here to give you guys a brutal honest movie review about the Yogi Bear movie from 2010.  Yes, I am reviewing a movie based on one of my favorite cartoon characters from my childhood.  I'll be honest despite watching it at least twice, the movie did not really impress me that much.  The movie starts off like a typical Yogi Bear episode you have two bears, one tall one short, go off and attempt to steal picnic baskets and a stern and strict park ranger tries to stop them.  However, the writers decide to add in an unoriginal plot twist, a corrupt politician trying to destroy destroy JellyStone to increase his power.  Does the specific identification of the political party matter?  No, because as I mentioned before that both parties have their shitheads.  The few good things in this movie are Dan Aykrod and the portrayals of Yogi Bear, Boo Boo, & Ranger Smith.  Other than that, the movie is mediocre film at best.  

Overall score: 5/10 :unsure:

Hi guys,

MDC here to give you yet another movie.  This one to me is something I want to get off my chest.  I am here to review the 5th entry of one of my favorite movie franchises, Die Hard starring my personal favorite actor Bruce Willis.  I loved the first one, did not really see the second one, loved Die hard with a Vengenance, & loved Live Free or Die hard.  Good Day to Die Hard IMHO is a great film.  I have checked out the some of the feedback from both critics and fans and I go "WTF is wrong with these people"?  I loved the acting especially Bruce Willis, the action, story, intensity, & the plot twists.  I also loved the chemistry between John McClane and Jack McClane.  IMO, Good Day to Die Hard is the most underrated film of the franchise.

Overall score: 8/10:cool:

Hi guys,

MDC here to give you yet another movie.  This one to me is something I want to get off my chest.  I am here to review the 5th entry of one of my favorite movie franchises, Die Hard starring my personal favorite actor Bruce Willis.  I loved the first one, did not really see the second one, loved Die hard with a Vengenance, & loved Live Free or Die hard.  Good Day to Die Hard IMHO is a great film.  I have checked out the some of the feedback from both critics and fans and I go "WTF is wrong with these people"?  I loved the acting especially Bruce Willis, the action, story, intensity, & the plot twists.  I also loved the chemistry between John McClane and Jack McClane.  IMO, Good Day to Die Hard is the most underrated film of the franchise.

Overall score: 8/10:cool:

lol sorry but that movie killed The Die Hard Franchise it wasnt Die Hard anymore and Bruce Willis does not care and Jai Courtney is one of the worst actors working today

lol sorry but that movie killed The Die Hard Franchise it wasnt Die Hard anymore and Bruce Willis does not care and Jai Courtney is one of the worst actors working today

lol I'm sorry bu that review was my opinion.

I have a few Reviews to do

Inside Out

The Good

The Five Emotions are great Anger being my favorite and the Memory's and core Memory's are great

This movie is really deep and clever

Like Traditional Pixar its funny and really sad has beautiful Animation Pixar always has the best 3D Animation

Overall: I dont wanna say anything more cause i dont wanna spoil anything but Adults will get this movie and kids will love it

I really loved this movie its in my Top 5 Pixar Movies and is my favorite movie of the year so far.

Overall Grade: A+

Terminator: Genisys

The Good
Arnold is still good as the T-800

Emilia Clarke is ok as Sarah Connor, but shes not Lynda Hamilton

Jason Clarke is ok as John Connor

Nice nods to the original but......

The Bad
...FUCKS It all over basically saying you like Terminator 1 and Terminator 2 well fuck you were changing them like the T-1000 for example hes a badass mother fucker and he was so hard to kill in Judgement Day and in this gets destroyed like its nothing no suspense nothing

The Timeline is literally fucked now

Jai Courtney is just terrible as always why do people keep casting him if theres one thing going to be bad about Suicide Squad its gonna be him but anyways he is no Kyle Reese, Michael Biehn was 100x better.

Matt Smith and JK Simmons are completely wasted

There's really no depth or smartness to this movie its just a really stupid Action Blockbuster because its always Big Action Set Piece, oh another and another. The Terminator was a Sci-fi Horror movie and Terminator 2 was a Sci-Fi Blockbuster Action movie it still had Depth, Suspense and great Characters and Ended nicely too.

The CGI is just god awful you would think with a $170 Million Budget you would be better than 1991 Terminator CGI but Nope 1991 beats 2015 i guess.

PG-13 Rating really hurts this movie while the first 2 are Rated R

Overall: Sadly i wanted this to be good but it wasn't, but oh well doesnt matter if this does good or not James Cameron gets Terminator back in 3 Years and i cant wait cause only he can make good Terminator movies. Its also sad to say this new Trilogy of Terminator movies and this one its no longer Terminator its fucking Transformers: So Much Action, no Depth, Characters you dont care about, no suspense, awful CGI, bad Comedy i mean its the Same Studio -.-.

Overall Grade: D- 

If you think Salvation is worse than this you are wrong least that doesnt fuck with 2 of some of the Best Movies ever made and plus Christian Bale.

Ant-Man

The Good
Paul Rudd is believable as a Super Hero obviously hes funny

Michael Douglas is amazing as always and a Fantastic Hank Pym

Evangeline Lily was good and a badass cant wait to see more of her

Corey Stoll was a good villain as Yellowjacket.... We will get back to him

Michael Pena and T.I. Oh my fucking god stole most of this movie they are freaking Hilarious thats how you do good comedic side Characters. "Cough" Transformers 4 waisting T.J. Miller "Cough"

Awesome cameo from Anthony Mackie as Sam Wilson / The Falcon

If your expecting a Huge Big Action Marvel movie you might be disappointed cause this is a smaller movie which its a Heist Film which works for me cause Heist movies are awesome.

The Shrinking Visuals are nothing we have seen before in Film it looks amazing and nearly real

The Father/Daughter is awesome between Scott and his Daughter and Hank and Hope.

There are some tear jerkers in this

This movie made you care about Ants and i hate Ants lol.

This fits in the Marvel Cinematic Universe so freaking well with tie ins to Age of Ultron, and little tid bits of Spider-Man and Civil War

there are 2 Great After Credit Scenes one leads to Wasp and one i think during Captain America: Civil War.

The Bad
Yellowjacket is a cliche villain like most of the Marvel Villains except Loki, Thanos and Ultron.

Overall: Don't miss out on a Fantastic Marvel Movie its my 4th favorite MCU Movie and one of my favorite movies this year. This is a great ending to Phase 2

Overall Grade: A

MDC here to give you another movie review.  This review is for the most recent DC Animated Movie, Justice League Gods & Monsters.  Great movie.  Voice acting is top notch, animation is superb and in many ways similar to that of the DC Animated Universe, cast of characters are spectacular, story telling is done very nicely, & the action sequences are mind blowing.  To me, Gods & Monsters is a great elseworld story.  The characters I liked were Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Tina, William Magnus, Amanda Waller, Steve Trevor & surprisingly Lex Luthor.  The lone character I disliked was Lois Lane.  To me, this version of Lois Lane for the most part was a real nasty bitch.  Overall, great animated movie.  A recommendation especially if you are a huge fan of DC Comics.

Overall score: 9.5/10

• Upvote 1

MDC here to give you another movie review.  This one for Ant Man.  Fantastic movie.  Superb acting, great CGI, great story telling, great action scenes, and well done comedy scenes.  As much as I was impressed with Paul Rudd's performance as Scott Lang, to me the real star was Mr. Michael Douglas.  Call him a liberal scumbag if you will, in my eyes he is an all time great actor.  He was spot on as the original Ant Man, Dr. Hank Pym.  I was really impressed with this movie as a whole.  Ant Man is one of my favorite characters and a character I personally feel is underrated.  One of my personal favorite movies of 2015 and one of the best entries in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Overall score: 9.85/10

• Upvote 1

MDC here to give you another review or better yet a rant of the 2015 Fantastic 4 film.  You know I have never made it a secret that I love the Fantastic 4.  I've been a fan of this team since I was a young boy watching re-runs of the '67 cartoon, '94 cartoon, '06 cartoon, the previous two Fan 4 films, and reading a graphic novel consisting the first 10 issues of the Fantastic 4 from '60s written by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby.  As many of you are aware, a majority of critics and audiences were panning this movie.  Since this is a country where people like myself can voice ourselves without being killed, I've decided to watch this movie online for free on Putlock so I can get my thoughts on it.  If you thought, Superman III, Superman IV, Superman Returns, Ben Affleck's Daredevil, Jennifer Garner's Elektra, Spider-Man 3, Halle Berry's Catwoman, Ang Lee's Hulk, X-Men Origins Wolverine, Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer, & Batman and Robin were bad, THIS MOVIE IS FAR WORSE!!!  The actors and some of the elements taken from the Ultimate Fantastic 4 comics were not the problem, it was everything else that was the problem.  The lack of execution, heart, determination, and love pissed me off to the wire.  I will agree that the director was a complete drunk because he has stated the movie he created was terrible.  If you knew it was going to be terrible, why did you make?  I know why, so you could allow people to shit on these iconic characters.  Plus, Dr. Doom was not done very well.  As much as I am not a big fan of him, his story is impressive.  They could've made a movie about it like they did with Magneto in X-Men First Class.  I know FOX is one of the most controversial networks out there, but dammit, this is really a good time to be pissed at them.  I've had the balls to defend FOX on various occasions (including their take on politics), but this is where I say, "FUCK YOU!"  FOX give the rights back to Marvel now!!!  Fuck the sequel coming out in 2017, that shit is going to suck too as far as I am concerned.  I'm glad I didn't see it in theaters because I would've lost my sanity and forced the employees to give me my money back.

Final score: 0/10

I have just watched the recent Dragon Ball Z movie Resurrection  F.  Even though I am not a fan of the series, I have enjoyed many episodes.  The movie was rock solid.  The voice acting, action scenes, animation, story telling, the dialogue, cast of characters, & humor were superb.  My favorite scene was after training w/ Goku and Vegeta, Whis talks to them about their weaknesses.  I loved this scene a lot because it reminds the fans of their character flaws.  Unfortunately, we live in an era where scumbags that call themselves "fans" don't care about those details.  I also liked the fact that a couple of the weaker characters like Krillin and Tien really shined in this film.  However, there a couples of negatives I have for this movie.  First are the power levels and super saiyan transformations.  I'm not a big fan of power levels whatsoever.  To me they are completely useless.  How many super saiyan transformations are there going to be before the writers run out of ideas?  Personally, they should've suck with the first one and that's it.  Second is Beerus, the God of Destruction.  MY GOD WHAT A FUCKING DOUCHEBAG!!!!  Third and final is Frieza.  I know Spider-Man and Static Shock have their own problems, but my god, Frieza is this formidable and powerful being but dammit he chooses to act like a small spoiled child.  However, I will also say the ending was in many ways unoriginal.  To make it short and sweet, the writers basically pulled a Superman I where the heroes are like "Shit, we were too late, we fucked up.  We have to rewind time."  Other than that, if you are a fan of anime, especially DBZ, you're going to love this film.

Overall score: 7/10 

I have just finished watching Terminator Genisys.  Very good film.  I have really enjoyed the story, the acting overall, CGI (though not as good like the original films), action scenes, & humor.  Arnold Schwarznegger once again nails his role as the Terminator.  I know a lot of people give Jai Courtney crap, but I though he was alright as Kyle Reese.  Emilia Clarke was very good as Sarah Conner.  J.K. Simmons as usually was awesome in this film when he played a much older Detective O'Brien.  Jason Clarke was solid as John Connor.  I thought the cast of villains brought a lot of excitement in this film especially seeing the return of the T-1000.  I know a lot of people were disappoint that it was defeated quicker than it was in Terminator 2 but since Sarah and the Guardian were preparing for assault, it was expected.  However, I thought the T-3000 really gave me the chills.  I mean, I was like "Wow, holy crap, this guy looks frightening and badass."  For the most part, I'm liking the new direction the franchise is going right now.  Hopefully, James Cameron, the creator of the franchise, gets involved with the sequels so they can really bring back the nostalgia.

Overall score: 8/10

I have just came back from watching the Man from U.N.C.L.E in theaters.  Very good film.  The acting, writing, cast of characters, humor, and action scenes were superb.  The star in the movie IMO was Henry Cavill, the man who currently plays Superman.  He is really starting to impress me a lot.  He did a superb job portraying the American agent Solo.  However, the best thing about this film was the soundtrack.  The music in this film was top notch.

Overall score: 9/10

Yesterday, I saw Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation.  Great film.  The acting, writing, action scenes, dialogue, special effects, and the cast of characters were superb.  Tom Cruise is at his finest in this film.

Overall score: 9.5/10

I have finally watched Dumb and Dumber to.  Funny film.  Jim Carrey like usual is hilarious.  The story, cast of characters, & humor overall was entertaining.  Heck, classic and Dumb and Dumb.  However, I felt one scene was like really, you think it is that easy, okay, whatever.

Overall: 6.5/10 

I have just finished watching Hitman: Agent 47.  As many of you are aware, movies based off of popular video games have not been very successful.  Well, I can surely say this film was far from great.  It is not terrible, but it is not great either.  FOX, once again, disappointed me.  The best things about this film are Agent 47, the action scenes, and special effects.  The story was unoriginal, the other characters were not that interesting, and that there were too many flashbacks.  Heck, the one guy Agent 47 was fighting, I'm like "What the fuck!  Is this guy the fucking Terminator"?  Anyway, this film is without question way better than the 2015 Fantastic Four film, but needs more improvement in the long run.

Overall score: 6.75/10

Edited by MDCFAN101

I have just finished watching Mad Max Fury Road.  SPECTACULAR MOVIE!!!!  The acting, action scenes, story, writing, special effects, cast of characters, & the music were awesome.  Charize Theron and Tom Hardy were the two stars of this film.  The dark and adult tones really made the post apocalyptic setting realistic and entertaining.  So far, this is my favorite film of 2015.

I have just finished watching American Sniper.  This film has received a lot of controversy from a majority of leftists and the leftist media.  Here is what I will say before I get into my review, "FUCK THEM AND THEIR SHIT!!!"  Our soldiers would rather blow their own brains out than kill kids and women.  War is a living hell, a cess pool of shit, a fucking nightmare.  Those "Muslims" that were being killed were not true Muslims.  Those "Muslims" were nothing but religious extreme scumbags.  Any person that forces any religion/belief down a person's throat is not a religious person.  A religious person is supposed to practice his/her religion in a peaceful, civilized, human, humane, & vulnerable manner.  When your assigned to a team, you are there to do your fucking job and that includes watching out for your teammates, not standing around posing for animal crackers. 

Anyways, now on to the review.  FABULOUS MOVIE!!!  Clint Eastwood IMO directed a masterpiece.  If I want to be gay for a day, I would suck his dick, fuck him, and then marry him.  Bite me, I have a huge man crush on Mr. Eastwood.  The writing, acting, action scenes, dark and adult tones, really made this war movie entertaining, realistic, & intense.  Bradley Cooper is the real star of the film.  Cooper's portrayal of the widely regarded war hero, Chris Kyle, is spectacular and one for the ages.  The moments of him going through PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) were well executed and portrayed realistically.  Those moments I felt allowed audiences to sympathize with him as well as both past and current war veterans to relate to him.  To me,American Sniper is the best war film I have ever watched and is tied with Mad Max Fury Road as my favorite film of 2015.

Edited by MDCFAN101

I just finished watching the 1990 version of My Blue Heaven that starred Steve Martin and Rick Moranis.  Cute film.  I watched this film after I came back from my organized crime and gang organization class.  Steve Martin did a nice job in impersonating an Italian mob guy and Rick Moranis was Rick Moranis.  The story is simple, Italian mob guy is under witness protection and it's the FBI's job to make sure he arrives to the trials safe and sound.  The humor is mostly Steve Martin esque.  Is it enjoyable?  Oh absolutely.  The part of this film was the ending, literally.  The ending for the film was perfect.  Steve Martin's character finally grows up and becomes a good man. 

Overall score: 7.5/10

I have just finished watching the 2014 Equalizer film.  AWESOME MOVIE!!!  The writing, acting, story, dialogue, special effects, and action scenes were fantastic.  The film is an adaptation of the TV series from the '80s.  The star of the film was none other than Denzel Washington.  Like always, he delivers.

Edited by MDCFAN101