The King of Hate Forums
MasterOfAwesomeness

Movie Review Thread 4.0: The Unnecessary Reboot

Overlord - Review (2018)

The Good
Thankfully its not a Cloverfield movie. 

Wyatt Russel is really great 

Jovan Adepo and Mathilde Ollivier  are really good as well. 

Pilou Asbæk was really good as the villain. 

A good use of gore and body horror with really good practical effects. 

It should definitely get considered for a Sound Design Oscar nomination.  

The Bad
If your expecting a lot of Nazi Zombies you will be disappointed cause their not introduced until a full hour into the movie. 

Even though the cast was great their characters aren't that interesting. 

They could of cut 15 minutes out

Some of the visual effects are not the greatest. 

Overall: For a movie that has been delayed so many times and still be good is a big accomplishment and thankfully it wasn't ruined by being a Cloverfield movie.

Overall Grade: B

overlord.thumb.jpg.f0855f4e3e04eed42c5eedcf30bed813.jpg

The Grinch - Review (2018)

The Good
Benedict Cumberbatch sometimes hit or miss Grinch.

The Animation is beautiful

Kenan Thompson as The Grinch's Best Friend is hilarious. 

Pharrell Williams was a good narrator. 

It does have a heart 

The Bad
It sadly doesn't bring anything new to the source material its just the same story with some added additions. 

He's not really a mean Grinch cause he is friendly to his dog a lot and does care a lot. 

The Grinch Music is meh 

Some of the voice cast is pretty much wasted like Rashida Jones and Angela Lansbury. 

Overall: Its still a feel good family movie to go see that kids will love. 

Overall Grade: C+ 

grinch_ver5.thumb.jpg.f44e2eb8445a6047ce451dd0aa9ef88c.jpg

53 minutes ago, sateler96 said:

The Grinch - Review (2018)

The Good
Benedict Cumberbatch sometimes hit or miss Grinch.

The Animation is beautiful

Kenan Thompson as The Grinch's Best Friend is hilarious. 

Pharrell Williams was a good narrator. 

It does have a heart 

The Bad
It sadly doesn't bring anything new to the source material its just the same story with some added additions. 

He's not really a mean Grinch cause he is friendly to his dog a lot and does care a lot. 

The Grinch Music is meh 

Some of the voice cast is pretty much wasted like Rashida Jones and Angela Lansbury. 

Overall: Its still a feel good family movie to go see that kids will love. 

grinch_ver5.thumb.jpg.f44e2eb8445a6047ce451dd0aa9ef88c.jpg

thankfully you didnt bash the Jim Carrey one.

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 5:10 PM, sateler96 said:

I like all the versions of the Grinch 

I love the Jim Carrey one as well

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 4:08 PM, Darksphere92 said:

thankfully you didnt bash the Jim Carrey one.

Agreed.

Outlaw King - Review (2018)

The Good
Chris Pine disappears into the role of Robert the Bruce, sure his accent isn't perfect, but he tries his damn best. 

Aaron Taylor-Johnson is also great if not better than Pine as James Douglas, Lord of Douglas

David Mackenzie fantastic direction, not as great as Hell or High Water, but still pretty damn good. 

The other cast members are really great too like Florence Pugh, James Cosmo and Stephen Dillane

The Brutal Battle Scenes. 

There's some good humor to lighten up some of the serious tone. 

Barry Ackroyd's (The Hurt Locker and Captain Phillips) Beautiful Cinematography.

The Bad
The Rushed pacing where sine scenes don't get to breathe, it feels that it should of been a Netflix Miniseries instead. 

You can tell its written by multiple people and it feels generic at times. 

Billy Howle acts like a cartoon sometimes as Edward II

Overall: While not as great as Hell or High Water, David Mackenzie still delivers a bad ass epic.

Overall Grade: B+

outlaw_king_ver2.thumb.jpg.160af86c715f928faa6473c2eed50ca1.jpg

The Girl in the Spider's Web - Review (2018)

The Good
Claire Foy is good as Lisbeth Salander just not as good as Noomi Rapace and Rooney Mara.

Fede Álvarez's direction. 

LaKeith Stanfield is good. 

There's some good hacking scenes. 

The Bad 
It tries to much to be a Bond film (also from Sony), it even has a Bond Intro and its pretty basic, there's also a guy in the film that looks like a Bond villain. 

Sverrir Gudnason is forgetable as Mikael Blomkvist and he somehow looks younger than Foy he's supposed to be much older like Daniel Craig was. 

Stephen Merchant is meh. 

The Script is meh. 

The action is borderline Die Another Day bad.

It tries to be a franchise starter, but fails to do that as well financially. 

Its a pretty tame rated R

Overall: Sony waited 7 years just to bring this back but instead of continuing it they just start a new with a forgettable movie.

Overall Grade: C-

spidersweb_us_hd.thumb.jpg.e181702e4a0bcc2cac27a88505afaf1a.jpg

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - Review (2018)

The Good
Eddie Redmayne is still good as Newt Scamander

Jude Law as Albus Dumbledore is fantastic sadly he's not in a lot of the movie but he shines where he is in it and steals the entire movie. 

Dan Fogler and Alison Sudol are still great and charming. 

Katherine Waterson is great.

David Yates Direction is still great. 

The Beast are still awesome and have better visual effects than the first movie, overall the visuals effects are amazing  

James Newton Howard's fantastic score.

The amazing beautiful production design. 

A few weird gems. 

There is crowd pleasing moments and entertainment. 

The Bad
JK Rowling's script explains way too much it almost feels like George Lucas when he wrote the prequels yes the Harry Potter franchise has went to the Prequels disappointment dark times. 

Johnny Depp as Gellert Grindelwald is good, but he doesn't have a lot to do where the script gives him because he just talks and does nothing until the 3rd act. 

Ezra Miller still has the same boring face he did in the first movie. 

The Stakes are not very high their actually very low. 

It undoes a lot that the first film sets up

THERES TOO MANY CHARACTERS 

Its dark but probably too dark than the actual darker Harry Potter films

The whole final battle is horrible and the choices of characters is dumb as fuck with a terrible CGI mess of a battle and it just sets up a 3rd film with a big reveal that is AWFUL.

Overall: Its not a awful movie but if your a big fan of these movies like I am then you will be disappointed especially that this should of been better than the first movie, but like the prequels of Star Wars this is a mess.  

Overall Grade: C

FB_IMG_15424043665713664.thumb.jpg.f8034d6bbef4d05e5c4e60750cc298f1.jpg

The Ballad of Buster Scruggs - Review (2018)

The Good
The Cast is great from Tim Blake Nelson, Tom Waits, Zoe Kazan and Bill Heck. 

Liam Neeson and Brendan Gleeson deserve much more but still fun to see them.

It does have good humor sometimes even dark humor. 

Bruno Delbonnel's amazing  Cinematography

The music is great.

The Bad
The Quality of the shorts are inconsistent the first 2 are hilarious then the next 4 are not as funny. 

It can be slow at times with the 3rd and 4th stories being 20 minutes while the first 2 were 15 minutes and were fast and funny. 

There's no real narrator for the film. 

This is probably the Coen Brothers worst film in a while especially since their last great movie was Inside Llewyn Davis and that was 2013. 

Overall: If your a Coen Brothers fan this is a must watch its just not the best of the year, but still watchable. 

ballad_of_buster_scruggs_ver2.thumb.jpg.d649682a5d23b9b1be0d883da5927ebe.jpg

Nobody's Fool - Review (2018)

The Good
Tiffany Haddish is hilarious and that's about it for the characters. 

The Catfish storyline was actually funny

Chris Rocks Cameo

The Bad
Tyler Perry's once again doesn't know how to direct a movie.  

You don't care about anyone except for Haddish

Its a really bad Romantic Comedy without really any of the comedy

The Editing is horrible

Whoopi Goldberg is just there.... remember when she was nominated for 2 Oscars and won 1 I remember.........

Overall: Tyler Perry needs to stop making movies 

Overall Grade: F+

nobodys_fool_ver2.thumb.jpg.6e67da3bb278f9fdcfdf009589f72707.jpg

Widows - Review (2018)

The Good
Viola Davis no surprise is amazing as she gives one of the best performances of the year and should get a Oscar Nomination as she is a force of nature. 

Steve McQueen's Direction also no shocker since this is the same director who made 2013's Best Picture Winner 12 Years a Slave (also should of won Best Director), there's a lot of great scenes he directs but probably the best scene is a one take scene in a car with Collin Farrell rants about his failing campaign. 

Gillian Flynn and Steve McQueen's screenplay.

If you seen the trailers or the poster you can see this has one of the most stacked cast in a movie this year and their all fantastic from Liam Neeson and Jon Bernthal's small roles as the Widows husbands, Michelle Rodriguez gives one of her best performances, Elizabeth Debicki is also amazing, Colin Farrell and Brian Tyree Henry (this dude has been killing it), and Robert Duvall who still kills it. 

Daniel Kaluuya steals every scene he is in, he is a scary enforcer to his brother (Brian Tyree Henry) the crime boss. 

Its very violent from the opening scene to every scene Daniel Kaluuya goes after someone it doesn't feel over the top its taking very seriously. 

The Pacing is very good and the editing is fantastic. 

The Bad
Carrie Coon is pretty underutilized as her character stays out of the heist (why couldn't her character just be apart of it? I mean I know why, but still)

Hans Zimmer's score is pretty forgettable sure it works for the movie, but I was expecting a really great score from him.

Overall: This was pretty great heist film from one of the best directors working today.

Overall Grade: A-

FB_IMG_15430475370611748.thumb.jpg.7ee359665a974903bf6e55950ccd3211.jpg

19 hours ago, sateler96 said:

Widows - Review (2018)

The Good
Viola Davis no surprise is amazing as she gives one of the best performances of the year and should get a Oscar Nomination as she is a force of nature. 

Steve McQueen's Direction also no shocker since this is the same director who made 2013's Best Picture Winner 12 Years a Slave (also should of won Best Director), there's a lot of great scenes he directs but probably the best scene is a one take scene in a car with Collin Farrell rants about his failing campaign. 

Gillian Flynn and Steve McQueen's screenplay.

If you seen the trailers or the poster you can see this has one of the most stacked cast in a movie this year and their all fantastic from Liam Neeson and Jon Bernthal's small roles as the Widows husbands, Michelle Rodriguez gives one of her best performances, Elizabeth Debicki is also amazing, Colin Farrell and Brian Tyree Henry (this dude has been killing it), and Robert Duvall who still kills it. 

Daniel Kaluuya steals every scene he is in, he is a scary enforcer to his brother (Brian Tyree Henry) the crime boss. 

Its very violent from the opening scene to every scene Daniel Kaluuya goes after someone it doesn't feel over the top its taking very seriously. 

The Pacing is very good and the editing is fantastic. 

The Bad
Carrie Coon is pretty underutilized as her character stays out of the heist (why couldn't her character just be apart of it? I mean I know why, but still)

Hans Zimmer's score is pretty forgettable sure it works for the movie, but I was expecting a really great score from him.

Overall: This was pretty great heist film from one of the best directors working today.

FB_IMG_15430475370611748.thumb.jpg.7ee359665a974903bf6e55950ccd3211.jpg

TBH, this looked like an incredible film from what I saw in the trailers.

Ralph Breaks the Internet - Review (2018)

The Good
John C. Reilly and Sarah Silverman as Wreck-It Ralph and Vanellope von Schweet respectively once again do really great voice work performances and their characters and friendship develops more as a sequel should and its really front and centered. 

Very interesting simple plot that takes you in different directions. 

Gal Gadot as Shank is awesome and I had no idea she could sing (yes there's even a Disney Animation Song, which was hilarious to see) 

A lot of great voice work from Taraji P. Henson as Yesss, Bill Hader as J.P. Spamley, Alfred Molina as Double Dan, Alan Tudyk as KnowsMore , Ed O'Neill as Mr. Litwak

It could of easily been another The Emoji Movie.... (thank god it wasn't) with all the product placement and trust me there's a lot but you really don't care for it cause you love the characters and you care for the story unlike The Emoji Movie no one cares about those characters cause Disney saw Sony's trash film and said we can do it better and they did. 

The Animation is beautiful I mean the first movie already looked great in 2012 but 6 years later it looks better. 

The All My Disney segment was great with all the Disney Princesses. 

This movie goes back to a time where Disney animation taught you the lessons and man does it give you "The Real Lesson"  of growth and friendship and a really good message for kids. 

There's even a Stan Lee cameo

The Post Credit Scenes are hilarious 

The Bad
Jack McBrayer as Fix-It Felix Jr. and Jane Lynch as Sergeant Tamora are only in it for a little bit their good for the little time they have, but still. 

Overall: After 6 years of waiting for a sequel we finally get one and Disney knocked it out of the park making a worthy sequel to Wreck-It Ralph

Overall Grade: A

FB_IMG_15431403072783197.thumb.jpg.cdad51523a7c15c65ef02de716b2a35a.jpg

Robin Hood - Review (2018)

The Good 
Nothing 
Absolutely
Nothing  

The Bad
The Narration is pretty bad and trying to hard to be a new modern take on the character (why? I don't know) with weird outfits that don't even look like from that time 
It tries way to hard to be Batman Begins....... but without Christopher Nolan actually making it good. 

Taron Egerton is incredibly miscast, but even with that there's no charm to his "Rob" (yes that's his name) or swagger you can tell hes just waiting for people to see him as Elton John.

Sadly Jamie Foxx acts like a cartoon and Ben Mendelsohn is just the generic of generic villains. 

Otto Bathurst's horrible direction. 

Eve Hewson's Marian is just there for eye candy she's horrible and there's even a love triangle........ WHY? Oh and its too 50 Shades of Shit star Jamie Dornan's character.... christ......  

The action sequences are just awful like insanely awful they copy that 300 like slowmo action scenes it feels like it should not be in 2018. 

The Visual Effects look PS3 levels bad I wanna know where the $100 Million budget went cause for christ sake Ex Machina had a $15 Million budget and that won Best Visual Effects so there's no excuse. 

The tone is all over the place. 

The Sequel Bait Ending which it will never get cause it is 2018's biggest Box Office Bomb so thank god we will never see a sequel. 

Overall: You would think Lionsgate and Summit saw King Arthur and saw how bad that was and how big of a flop that was so why even make Robin Hood almost the same. 

Overall Grade: Fuck You 

robin_hood_ver12.thumb.jpg.bd97e5464264344435b13737bd079403.jpg

Cam - Review (2018)

The Good
Madeline Brewer (from The Handmaid's Tale) is fantastic. 

Daniel Goldhaber's Direction 

The smart script 

Its very suspenseful.  

The ending is absolutely insane 

The Bad
By the end of the movie Alice never really learns from her mistake to be honest she does the same mistake she did before I guess. 

Some of the other characters aren't really fully developed. 

Overall: This looked terrible when I glossed over it on Netflix, but then I gave it a try and really enjoyed it. 

Overall Grade: B+ 

FB_IMG_15439010276617066.thumb.jpg.ffcb48b559e058f801e951dc2cf1138a.jpg

Under the Silver Lake - Review (2019) *Release is April 19th 2019

The Good
Andrew Garfield is great. 

David Robert Mitchell's (It Follows)very interesting Direction. 

The Neo-Noir tone and its definitely weird, but definitely different.

Topher Grace is good as well of course he's just known as Man at Bar lol. 

The music in the movie is great

The secret messages in everything.  

The I guess twist and turns are awesome. 

The Bad
In the beginning I don't know the movie wanted to be, but after the Sarah just leaves that's when the movie picked up. 

Its a little too long, clocking in around over 2 hours. 

When Garfield interrogates this dude in the restroom they decide to show his shit which I have no idea why that was needed. 

The ending I really just didn't understand.  

Overall: Very weird movie and follow up from the director of It Follows even though it was supposed to come out this past summer.

Overall Grade: B

under_the_silver_lake_ver2.thumb.jpg.cf210d771dc04857861a5b8ffdb9cac1.jpg

Aquaman - Review (2018)

The Good
Jason Mamoa is fantastic as Arthur Curry / Aquaman, he is not the one note surfer dude from Justice League, his performance in this is much better its a little laid back but still fun at times, he's given a very good back story with good use of flash backs that don't interior the story it helps progress the story. 

James Wan's Fantastic Direction he just gets it and this what happens when you let him do what he does best he also directs some beautiful action scenes. 

Amber Heard as Mera steals the Whole Fucking Show she's just a badass.

I liked Mamoa and Heard's Chemistry. 

Patrick Wilson as Orm / Ocean Master even though I liked Black Manta better, Ocean Master was still a badass as well and is not evil he has his own reasons for what he is doing also HES NOT A CGI FINAL BOSS FIGHT..... finally.

Yahya Abdul-Mateen II as David Kane / Black Manta is fucking awesome, definitely him and Ocean Master are the best villains since Man of Steel's Zod and Faora. 

Nicole Kidman is a badass as Atlanna.

Willem Dafoe and Dolph Lundgren are also good. 

Its like a Great Phase One Marvel film cause it knows how to have fun. 

Its campy and insane but its fun and it knows it. 

The World Building like Lord of the Rings and The Matrix (before that crashed and burned)

Don Burgess' cinematography with a lot of great one shots. 

The Visual Effects is some aspects are great. 

The Lighting and Color Scheme is beautiful its like finally some color to these movies. 

Rupert Gregson-Williams fantastic score, definitely one of the best superhero scores.

Julie Andrews surprising voice cameo (she's in this and not Mary Poppins Returns which is shocking) 

The Bad
Like I said the Visuals are sometimes good sometimes OK

There is is some hokey dialogue its not bad but it is hokey. 

Overall: This is a big step in the right direction for DC after the HUGE Embarrassing Failure of Justice League, James Wan came and saved the day to finally make Aquaman no longer a joke. 

FB_IMG_15442141401938176.thumb.jpg.e5e212f02be7e415bac4d30482913222.jpg

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sateler96 said:

Aquaman - Review (2018)

The Good
Jason Mamoa is fantastic as Arthur Curry / Aquaman, he is not the one note surfer dude from Justice League, his performance in this is much better its a little laid back but still fun at times, he's given a very good back story with good use of flash backs that don't interior the story it helps progress the story. 

James Wan's Fantastic Direction he just gets it and this what happens when you let him do what he does best he also directs some beautiful action scenes. 

Amber Heard as Mera steals the Whole Fucking Show she's just a badass.

I liked Mamoa and Heard's Chemistry. 

Patrick Wilson as Orm / Ocean Master even though I liked Black Manta better, Ocean Master was still a badass as well and is not evil he has his own reasons for what he is doing also HES NOT A CGI FINAL BOSS FIGHT..... finally.

Yahya Abdul-Mateen II as David Kane / Black Manta is fucking awesome, definitely him and Ocean Master are the best villains since Man of Steel's Zod and Faora. 

Nicole Kidman is a badass as Atlanna.

Willem Dafoe and Dolph Lundgren are also good. 

Its like a Great Phase One Marvel film cause it knows how to have fun. 

Its campy and insane but its fun and it knows it. 

The World Building like Lord of the Rings and The Matrix (before that crashed and burned)

Don Burgess' cinematography with a lot of great one shots. 

The Visual Effects is some aspects are great. 

The Lighting and Color Scheme is beautiful its like finally some color to these movies. 

Rupert Gregson-Williams fantastic score, definitely one of the best superhero scores.

Julie Andrews surprising voice cameo (she's in this and not Mary Poppins Returns which is shocking) 

The Bad
Like I said the Visuals are sometimes good sometimes OK

There is is some hokey dialogue its not bad but it is hokey. 

Overall: This is a big step in the right direction for DC after the HUGE Embarrassing Failure of Justice League, James Wan came and saved the day to finally make Aquaman no longer a joke. 

FB_IMG_15442141401938176.thumb.jpg.e5e212f02be7e415bac4d30482913222.jpg

Great review my man.

Mortal Engines - Review (2018)

The Good
Stephan Lang's CGI Character Strike is the beat part

Junkie XL's Musical Score. 

The Visual Effects are at least fantastic. 

The Bad 
Christian Rivers's awful direction.

The plot isn't anything new its the same you seen a thousand times that takes itself to seriously. 

The Generic characters that I barely remember their names I only know the 2 main characters 

You could of cut the subplot with the Villains daughter. 

The editing is not good. 

The dialogue is horrendous 

Like every YA movie there's a forced romance. 

Its long a hell being nearly 2 hours and doesn't help with the bad pacing that makes it boring at times. 

The hilariously bad ending. 

Overall: Big Misfire from Universal into trying to make a franchise out of this movie.

Overall Grade: D- 

1538476780_de1c55bf-12ca-49c7-b7f6-3c6e4775276f.thumb.jpg.c061e4cdfd6d7c874edb62bc8c3b9a9a.jpg

The Possession of Hannah Grace - Review (2018)

The Good
Diederik Van Rooijen at least tries directing the movie 

It has some creepy imagery.

The Bad
Its probably the most uneventful horror movie I have ever seen, nothing really happens its just a bunch of cheap jump scares.

The possession is the opening so why is it even called it. 

Shay Mitchell's boring performance. 

The other performances are just there. 

Overall: Once again Screen Gems/Sony make another shit horror movie. Just skip this 

Overall Grade: F+

possession_of_hannah_grace_ver3.thumb.jpg.01c560d4238300c1430577d5f508ac6c.jpg

Mowgli: Legend of the Jungle (2018)

The Good
Rohan Chand is good as Mowgli 

Fantastic Voice cast that give 100% the clear standout performances come from Christian Bale as Bagheera, Benedict Cumberbatch as Shere Khan, Peter Mullan as stately wolf Akela and Cate Blanchett as slimy python Kaa (the latter proving especially more convincing than Scarlett Johansson's portrayal in the previous film).

Andy Serkis as Baloo I didn't like at first but he grew on me. 

Andy Serkis's Direction 

Michael Seresin's Cinematography 

Its at least dark and different 

The Bad
You don't care for any of the human characters (that's not Mowgli)

The Tone is all over the place sometimes it wants to be dark and gritty, sometimes it wants to be light hearted. 

The Third Act is rushed 

While the Visuals aren't bad and with good motion capture work its still noticeable CGI where The Jungle Book (2016) looked more realistic. 

Overall: No where near as fantastic as Disney's 2016 The Jungle Book, but not a total mirfire, but just leave things to Disney.

mowgli_ver2.thumb.jpg.05c731b68d1299ead81a55a0953115ff.jpg

Edited by sateler96

On 10/7/2018 at 1:55 PM, sateler96 said:

Venom - Review (2018)

The Good
Tom Hardy tries his best with a terrible ass script even though sometimes he acts like a cartoon and that he sometimes has a bland emotion when he's doing super human shit when he first gets Venom.  

Even though the visuals are inconsistent, Venom at least is the most consistent. 

Eddie and Venom have better chemistry than Eddie and Anne. 

They fixed on how you pronounce symbiote from the terrible trailers. 

Stan Lee's cameo is the funniest thing in the movie.

The Bad
Michelle Williams is a wasted plot device with a terrible fake wig.

Hardy and Williams have no chemistry and what so ever and the love storyline feels forced as fuck. 

Riz Ahmed plays Carlton Drake / Riot,  probably the worst villain in a while even worse than Stephanwolf cause he's just generic and boring. 

Terrible Direction from Ruben Fleischer which makes him 1-3 in directing now it feels like he made 2 movies one that was a rushed not needed origin story and one that feels like a darker sequel cause Venom acts like a villain when you first see him and then he becomes a anti hero just like that. 

Jenny Slate horrible in this. 

Its takes almost a hour to see Venom. 

Terrible Dialogue , but that's what happens when you have the writers of 50 Shades of Shit, The Amazing Spider-Man 2, The Dark Tower, and The 5th Wave. 

Ludwig Göransson's bland score and the use of music in this is horrible and yes sadly Eminem's Venom is just in the credits, but even now its annoying to hear since they played a million times in the trailers. 

The horrible inconsistent CGI

Horrible editing with stuff like Venom visually popping out of Eddie its so weird. 

The unintentional attempts at humor 

They keep saying life over and over again its annoying as hell. 

So much similarities to the much worse Catwoman. 

Sometimes Venom sounds like a garbage disposal. 

The final battle is the most CGI blob fight I have ever seen. 

If you seen the trailers you seen the ending cause once again Sony is a bunch of retards. 

The first post credit scene is the biggest no shit and just wastes Woody Harrelson with a terrible ginger wig that makes him look like a Pennywise Reject. 

The other post credit scene has nothing to do with Venom but shows a much better looking Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse. 

Overall: Not even Tom Hardy will fix this mess of a movie sadly this might still get a sequel and set up the Sony Universe of Marvel Characters. 

Overall Grade: D+

venom_ver10.thumb.jpg.d51bddc769d7ae7c71c5646e9337c325.jpg

why is Venom a hero? isnt he suppose to be a villain,, are they scared to make a movie about a Villain?

36 minutes ago, Darksphere92 said:

why is Venom a hero? isnt he suppose to be a villain,, are they scared to make a movie about a Villain?

Venom is also an anti-hero as well.

Creed II - Review (2018)

The Good
Michael B. Jordan is fantastic who might be even better in this than the First Creed. 

Sylvester Stallone as Rocky Balboa is of course is fantastic who takes a more subdued role this time and has a fitting send off to his character.....even though I still wanna see more Rocky. 

Tessa Thompson as Bianca is amazing and has a more expanded role in this (especially in the last act of the film at the final fight). 

Even though Ryan Cooler is surely missed as a Director,  Steven Caple Jr. does a really great job in making a great film as his first major film, which could of been a big misfire. 

The Dragos get a lot of character development which is surprising their actual human beings and not cartoon characters like in Rocky IV, which that film had a villain. In Creed II there is no villain. 

The Boxing Fight scenes are intense. 

It feels like a true ending to the Rocky Franchise and if it does become the last film I will be OK with that, even though there will be another Creed film. 

The Bad
Its predictable, I mean every sequel is predictable in this franchise, but with Creed did some new stuff even though it was almost the same as Rocky, even though if it did try to change it would be another Rocky V......

Ryan Coogler's Direction is missed there's no one shot take boxing matches.   

Overall: I was quite worried at first that Coogler wasn't doing this, but i m quite surprised of a great sequel to Creed we got even though its not better than the first or Rocky. 

IMG_20181026_184215.thumb.jpg.0d93a2bc013aa8425291d6731d208269.jpg

• Like 1