The King of Hate Forums
MasterOfAwesomeness

Movie Review Thread 4.0: The Unnecessary Reboot

55 minutes ago, sateler96 said:

Eh he was just there he's one of the weaker MCU villains 

Really?  I actually liked Ronan in the GOTG.  Still have to see the second one.  I heard Ego was really good.

38 minutes ago, MDCFAN101 said:

Really?  I actually liked Ronan in the GOTG.  Still have to see the second one.  I heard Ego was really good.

Ego was a better villain 

2 hours ago, sateler96 said:

Ego was a better villain 

Well, my friend, after just watching Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, I 100% agree.

Grade: A+.

• Upvote 1

Captain Marvel Review.

Pros:

-Samuel L. Jackson was great and was more of main character in this movie.

-The last quarter of the movie was actually watchable and entertaining.

-The end cut scene is exciting. I would say it was more exciting than the entire film.

-Skrulls plot twist

Cons:

-Fury losing his eye to a cat.

-Fury losing his eye to a damn cat.

-Fury trusting a cat and loses his eye over it.

-Fury looses his eye over a fucking cat! Seriously, that was the dumbest thing I've seen in the MCU. I understamd the cat is a flerkin or whatever, but you're telling me a cat took a little swipe at his eye and it did all that? Just stupid.

- The stupid amd obvious feminist bullshit that was littered throughout the film. It didn't need it, and seems like it was thrown in there just for feminst around the world could have their "koom-by-ya" moment. "You know why they call it the COCKpit?" Really?

-Brie Larson acting was bland. If you take away all the 90's nostalgia and her being a badass superhero, there is really nothing that she brought to the table. I think several female actors could of did a better job.

-You could of slept through the 2nd and 3rd acts and nothing of value would be lost. Through much of this movie you can't help but to say "Get on with it".

Conclusion:

Very bland Marvel film, dont let the controversy around Brie and the fake reviews take away from that fact. This is a bottom 5 Marvel film in the current MCU. Antman and the Wasp is better.

D--

1 hour ago, EnergyBlanket said:

Captain Marvel Review.

Pros:

-The end cut scene is exciting. I would say it was more exciting than the entire film.

-Skrulls plot twist

Cons:

-Fury looses his eye over a fucking cat! Seriously, that was the dumbest thing I've seen in the MCU. I understamd the cat is a flerkin or whatever, but you're telling me a cat took a little swipe at his eye and it did all that? Just stupid.

- The stupid amd obvious feminist bullshit that was littered throughout the film. It didn't need it, and seems like it was thrown in there just for feminst around the world could have their "koom-by-ya" moment. "You know why they call it the COCKpit?" Really?

-Brie Larson acting was bland. If you take away all the 90's nostalgia and her being a badass superhero, there is really nothing that she brought to the table. I think several female actors could of did a better job.

-You could of slept through the 2nd and 3rd acts and nothing of value would be lost. Through much of this movie you can't help but to say "Get on with it".

Conclusion:

Very bland Marvel film, dont let the controversy around Brie and the fake reviews take away from that fact. This is a bottom 5 Marvel film in the current MCU. Antman and the Wasp is better.

D--

What fake reviews?  The user review bombs?

55 minutes ago, MasterOfAwesomeness said:

Oh that.  I need to go to the RT review page to see if this is legit or PS by the film's detractors.

I think its to make the audience score for up because there's no reason to review bomb by the actual dumb sexist people 

But anyway the real score from Cinemasxore gave the Film an "A" which means Most moviegoers enjoyed it 

Its already a success making nearly $500 Million and gonna have an easy week next week 

I'm gonna lol if people gonna review Bomb Avengers: Endgame since she's in it 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, sateler96 said:

I think its to make the audience score for up because there's no reason to review bomb by the actual dumb sexist people 

But anyway the real score from Cinemasxore gave the Film an "A" which means Most moviegoers enjoyed it 

Its already a success making nearly $500 Million and gonna have an easy week next week 

I'm gonna lol if people gonna review Bomb Avengers: Endgame since she's in it 

I don't believe any of the official reviews like Rotten Tomatoes or CinemaScore because they will clearly alter scores to appease either side of the controversy. I listen to unbiased Youtube movie reviewers and real people, and the concensus including mine is the movie is not that bad, but not that good either. Certainly not an "A" when the movie isnt even as good as its DC counterpart "Wonder Woman which got an "A" also. CinemaScore are the same people who gave Justice League and Suicide Squad "B+'s" when everybody knows in the comics world knows those movies were not great. Can't trust em.

I don't think the second week is gonna fair too well for Ms. Marvel with all these mixed opinions. I don't think she is gonna make the same mistake nect month bevause she could easily be written out of the MCU after Endgame. They could just say after defeated Thanos she flew off to save some more skrulls for another 50 years and never get another movie lol :laugh:. Brie better be careful with her words from now on. 

Edited by EnergyBlanket

20 hours ago, EnergyBlanket said:

Captain Marvel Review.

Pros:

-Skrulls plot twist

Cons:

Conclusion:

D--

also i think they replaced Adam Warlock with Captain Marvel.

2 hours ago, Darksphere92 said:

also i think they replaced Adam Warlock with Captain Marvel.

Nope Adam Warlock was never the plan 

35 minutes ago, Darksphere92 said:

I highly doubt it will be just her she will be the just one with oh shit moment when he relaises he's fucked 

Their all gonna kick his ass

I don't listen to dumb people its not their decision on who does what Marvel can do whatever they want their the most successful movie franchise going right now with a clean track record of good movies I don't listen to dumb ass sexist trolls who are are scared of women who cause they live in their basements. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, sateler96 said:

I highly doubt it will be just her she will be the just one with oh shit moment when he relaises he's fucked 

Their all gonna kick his ass

I don't listen to dumb people its not their decision on who does what Marvel can do whatever they want their the most successful movie franchise going right now with a clean track record of good movies I don't listen to dumb ass sexist trolls who are are scared of women who cause they live in their basements. 

Same here.  People need to just chill and relax.

My Hero Academia: Two Heroes (2018)

The Good
Deku is of course great as well as All Might 

All the other characters are great as usual of course. 

The Animation

The Action is fantastic as always in My Hero Academia. 

The Flashbacks with younger  All Might were great I wished there was a lot of them especially the  opening. 

David and Melissa are nice new characters. 

The subtle hints for Season 3 (even though I have already seen it.)

The Final Fight is amazing. 

The Bad
There's no real stakes since no one major really dies or gets hurt since this is before Season 3, it just feels like one long episode that feels like Filler. 

A lot of like small S1 and S2 recaps I guess for people who haven't seen them, but like why are you watching this if haven't seen them lol. 

There's really no character development since a lot the development happens in Season 3, especially with Bakugō becoming a better character in this he's just the same angry character he is in the first 2 Seasons. 

The Villain isn't that interesting. 

Overall: While not as Amazing as it should of been its still really good that you can now watch between S2 and S3. 

Overall Grade: B+

FB_IMG_1552892169797.thumb.jpg.e09b3562f938bdd7669695e1e55c7fb5.jpg