The King of Hate Forums
MasterOfAwesomeness

Movie Review Thread 4.0: The Unnecessary Reboot

The Haunting of Sharon Tate - Review (2019)

The Good
Nothing absolutely nothing.  

The Bad
Everything firstly the Dialogue is atrocious like it doesn't even feel like someone wrote a first draft it feels like some smacked works on their computer like a god damn 5 year old and printed out and this is what we got, what a load of rubbish. 

Daniel Farrands who is better know from making documentaries on the Scream, Friday the 13th, and A Nightmare on Elm Street films (which those are good go watch those) is not a good director when it comes to actual movies last year made a movie called the  Amityville Murders (which is terrible) so this year he decides to make a supernatural film based on the death of Sharon Tate and the Manson cult murders......... what a shameful exploit. 

Hilary Duff tries her best with the terrible script she still isn't good, but in her defense no one is good in this movie. 

They showed old footage with the real Sharon Tate why? I have no fucking idea and they do this while showing Duff as Tate. 

Lazy Dream sequences which are annoying as hell. 

There's a lot of just walking around and staring. 

Somehow this film won awards at a film festival which I know that's not a negative on the film but it must be said, cause who in the fuck on this planet Earth thought this was actually good they must be a complete moron and have never seen either a good movie or a good horror movie ever.

The ending is interesting..... in a bad way its atrocious with 4 minutes of awful slow motion why? I have no fucking idea. 

Final Thoughts: I don't know this even got green lit and I don't even know his this director gets a chance to make another horror movie which he is and its based on OJ Simpsons wife, but anyway this is probably the worst movie of the year, I know its early but I don't what can be worse than this. At least Tarantino will have a better movie based on this subject with Margot Robbie being a better Sharon Tate.

Overall Grade: Fuck You

haunting_of_sharon_tate.thumb.jpg.de0d4a9a947c1a5837ff0d5cc5a377a7.jpg

Missing Link - Review (2019)

The Good
The beautiful stop motion animation 

The fantastic voice cast mainly Zach Galifianakis, Hugh Jackman, and Zoe Saldana. 

Chris Butler's direction is great even though Paranorman is better. 

The humor works and is heartfelt.

The awesome twist

Carter Burwell's score

The Bad 
The villains are pretty generic. 

Its a pretty safe movie. 

Some of the jokes is kid humor like the poop jokes. 

Final Thought: For a Laika film that I wasn't really excited for and especially this was the next film after Kubo, I'm actually quite surprised on how good it actually was. 

Overall Grade: B+

MissingLink2019_Payoff.thumb.jpg.6ca59b05a97b3bcc468f449555df0e15.jpg

Hellboy - Review (2019)

The Good
David Harbour is no Ron Pealman who is Hellboy , but he does a solid job. 

Ian McShane is charming as he always is even in shit movies. 

Trevor Bruttenholm, and Stephen Graham gives an hilarious voice performance as Nimue's Scouse pig-monster familiar Gruagach.

The Gore

Even though the CGI is ass the designs look cool at least. 

The Bad 
Neil Marshall's terrible direction? It doesn't even feel like his style it feels like the studio meddled with his vision cause if you have seen The Descent then you would of been excited for this film. 

The editing is chopping as shit with terrible pacing that makes it feel like a drag watching and horrible dialogue just to be R Rated. 

Andrew Cosby's dull screenplay (this movie has one writer but 16 producers......) the tone is like all of the place. 

Milla Jovovich as Nimue is horrible as she has been for a very long time she has no personality in this movie. 

Sasha Lane and Daniel Dae Kim are also very bad in this movie because of the script. 

The Visual Effects are ass 

Final Thoughts: Once again proving that you should of given Del Toro what he wanted bomb or not I would of loved to see him complete his trilogy and now because of this film being ass it probably killed having another Hellboy film ever again. 

Overall Grade: D
A87sho9.thumb.jpg.5f039de3dafa720995da43f9733b7fd2.jpg

Triple Frontier - Review (2019)

The Good
Oscar Isaac, Ben Affleck, Charlie Hunnam, Garrett Hedlund and Pedro Pascal are all fantastic with Isaac and Affleck being the standouts. 

J.C. Chandor's Direction makes this film very suspenseful even though its his weakest film to date.  

Adria Arjona is also good. 

The Action Sequences are amazing with awesome sound design to make the action so riveting. 

Roman Vasyanov's stunning cinematography.

Nice Music choices. 

The Bad
J. C. Chandor and Mark Boal's Predictable and uneven script which is a surprise since Boal's previous work was The Hurt Locker and Zero Dark Thirty, characters turn dumb or change their personalities.

The 2nd half of the movie is no where near as good as the first half it goes from this suspenseful mission to get this guys money to something completely different like shit hit the fan and its incredibly stupid.

The Ending is pretty lame.  

Final Thoughts: Triple Frontier is a pretty decent movie if the 2nd have was better than what we got this probably would of gotten a higher score, but it didn't and that took a lot points off.

Overall Grade: C+ 

m013iptzrqg21.thumb.jpg.eb87687cd16de9e6a1543c27d748f32e.jpg

Shazam!- Movie Review

Positives:

• The story was excellent.  I loved how it incorporated elements from the New 52 and the classic Captain Marvel comics.
  • The acting was superb.  Asher Angel was outstanding as Billy Batson.  Djimon Hounsou was great as the wizard Shazam.  Jack Dylan Grazer was excellent as Freddy Freeman.  However, the stars of the movie for me were Zachary Levi as Captain Marvel and Mark Strong as Doctor Sivana.  Zachary Levi really impressed me as Captain Marvel.  He really pulled off the whole "child in a man's body" thing.  Mark Strong was an absolute badass as Doctor Sivana.  I'd say his version of the character is the best interpretation.  I also enjoyed the chemistry between Zachary Levi/Asher Angel and Jack Dylan Grazer.  I thought they really worked well together. 
  • Even though he wasn't in the film, I loved how Black Adam's presence was felt throughout the movie.
  • The CGI, visuals, special effects, and character design were overall phenomenal. 
  • The action/fight sequences were great.
  • The comedy throughout the film was hilarious.  It didn't feel forced and it was timed beautifully.
  • The Superman cameo was awesome.  I loved that the legendary and iconic John Williams theme song was playing in the background.

Negatives:

• The only nitpick I have is the CGI on the 7 Deadly Sins monsters.  They could've looked a little better IMO.  Other than that, this movie is excellent.

Overall: This film is not only the best of the two Captain Marvel movies, but the entry in the DCEU right.  More importantly, this is DC's brightest and most colorful movie since Richard Donner's Superman back in 1978.

Grade: A+

Edited by MDCFAN101
  • Upvote 1

The Curse of La Llorona - Review (2019)

The Good
Linda Cardellini is great with what she is given and same with Raymond Cruz. 

The 2 kid actors Jaynee-Lynne Kinchen and Roman Christou  were also good. 

The Bad
Jump scares galore like Jesus Christ do them correctly like James Wan and David F. Sandberg cause these jump scares are garbage and it doesn't really make La Llorona scary. 

Michael Chaves's Mediocre direction 

The story of La Llorona is interesting but told so poorly in this film, it also feels like the same old movie in this universe Ghost or Thing haunt a family so they gotta get a priest or someone to help and this is the 6th film in this universe like it just feels lazy now. 

The movie takes place in Los Angles which is a mistake cause it just looks boring as if it was actually in Mexico since this is a Mexican folktale it would make the film look beautiful and probably more creepy. 

The cheap and forced Universe tying Easter egg.

Michael Burgess's shitty cinematography.

Stupid character decisions. 

Visual Effects look piss poor. 

Final Thoughts: Another generic spinoff in The Conjuring Universe and for this year for horror is not shaping up to be great, the cast make this at least watchable unlike Annabelle and The Nun, but is wouldn't waste my time or recommend this to anyone cause it feels their just churning these out now to make a quick profit.

Overall Grade: D+

the-curse-of-la-llorona-movie-poster.thumb.jpg.88a33ab172ae0871539fbcad212d3597.jpg

Avengers: Endgame - Review (2019)

The Good
The Russo Brothers once again deliver in such a satisfying 22 Movie arc.

The cast as always is fantastic like Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark / Iron Man gets major character growth as he does in almost every film. 

Chris Evans as Steve Rogers / Captain America gets a lot more to do than Infinity War and he's a total bad ass as always. 

Chris Hemsworth as Thor gets some really great and surprising moments, especially with Bradley Cooper as Rocket Raccoon. 

Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner / Hulk gets a lot of the comedy relief. 

Scarlett Johansson as Natasha Romanoff / Black Widow is really great as well. 

Jeremy Renner as Clint Barton / Hawkeye/ Ronin is extremely badass and definitely the best we seen of Hawkeye. 

Paul Rudd as Scott Lang / Ant-Man also brings the comedy relief. 

Brie Larson as Carol Danvers / Captain Marvel is used sparce but with the scenes she is in she is fantastic thought she was used better in this because of the Russo Brothers are better directors. 

Don Cheadle as James "Rhodey" Rhodes / War Machine gets a lot to do which was really cool.

Karen Gillan as Neblua gets a lot of character growth. 

Josh Brolin as Thanos doesn't get as much screen time like in Infinity War since that was basically his movie and this is the actual Avengers Movie, but he is still great non the less. 

The other cast members that show up are spoiler filled heavy details. 

The first act is a slow burn, but its a good slow burn and does a lot of stuff j wasn't expecting, but delivers in character growth. 

The trailers really didn't show anything from this movie and that's why a lot of surprises are even better. 

There's a lot of Amazing Fan service with surprises and callbacks to past films.

The Emotional Weight is huge I teared up and cried a lot.

The Last 45 minutes are just impossible to describe cause that's how truly epic it is. 

Alan Silvestri once again does the score and is fantastic.

The visual effects are outstanding. 

There's no post credit scene but there is something at the end and what ever that truly means I guess we will have to find out in the future. 

The Bad
Absolutely Nothing. 

Final Thoughts: As a final chapter to a 22 movie journey it delivers as a perfect ending and yet a perfect beginning for future MCU Movies and I'm curious to see what happens in Spider-Man: Far From Home and Phase Four. 

Overall Grade: A+

FB_IMG_1553119023841.thumb.jpg.61a2aafb1717277b4e5ac1cb1ee4884d.jpg

• Like 1

Avengers: Endgame - Movie Review

Positives:

• Everything!!!  The story, acting, chemistry between the characters, action/fight sequences, CGI, visuals, special effects, and the comedy were awesome.

Negatives:

• None.

Overall: Avengers Endgame is as of right now the best entry in the MCU.  I say it is slightly better than Infinity War.

Grade: A+

im going to give Avengers Endgame an A.

my only Con is why does Sam get Caps Shield and not Bucky you know like the comics?

and what about Captain's present GF?

Edited by Darksphere92

1 hour ago, Darksphere92 said:

im going to give Avengers Endgame an A.

my only Con is why does Sam get Caps Shield and not Bucky you know like the comics?

and what about Captain's present GF?

I'm fine with Falcon being Captain America I like Anthony Mackie more than Sebastian Stan plus I think the world still sees The Winter Soldier as a terrorist 

And his present gf Sharon Carter is now his niece I guess its best not to think hard about it. 

8 minutes ago, sateler96 said:

I'm fine with Falcon being Captain America I like Anthony Mackie more than Sebastian Stan plus I think the world still sees The Winter Soldier as a terrorist 

And his present gf Sharon Carter is now his niece I guess its best not to think hard about it. 

i think Chris Evans can still be Captain America, but in the past.

3 hours ago, Darksphere92 said:

i think Chris Evans can still be Captain America, but in the past.

Well they said whatever happen happen so I think the future Cap just retired 

9 hours ago, sateler96 said:

Well they said whatever happen happen so I think the future Cap just retired 

doesnt mean Captain doesnt/didnt fight villains in the past.

39 minutes ago, Darksphere92 said:

doesnt mean Captain doesnt/didnt fight villains in the past.

He went back to where he is already frozen so that Cap would still be in the Avengers and everything would stay the same 

Edited by sateler96

4 hours ago, sateler96 said:

He went back to where he is already frozen so that Cap would still be in the Avengers and everything would stay the same 

So what you and frankly many people are saying is old Cap is a selfish coward. I understand he wanted a life but man.... Tell somebody.

5 minutes ago, LabRatAttack said:

So what you and frankly many people are saying is old Cap is a selfish coward. I understand he wanted a life but man.... Tell somebody.

I mean he wanted to be with the love of his life idk how that's being a coward ? He's already helped saved the world many times what's already happen has happen 

Edited by sateler96

24 minutes ago, sateler96 said:

I mean he wanted to be with the love of his life idk how that's being a coward ? He's already helped saved the world many times what's already happen has happen 

Thats fine. Just tell somebody. Aint like he couldnt go back and do what he wanted at anytime. You are an Avenger. You don't give up your duty not only as military officer, but the savior of Earth off of a whim to be with some random girl in the past. 

Oh well. New Captain America will be better anyways.

20 minutes ago, LabRatAttack said:

Thats fine. Just tell somebody. Aint like he couldnt go back and do what he wanted at anytime. You are an Avenger. You don't give up your duty not only as military officer, but the savior of Earth off of a whim to be with some random girl in the past. 

Oh well. New Captain America will be better anyways.

I mean they had to write him off so I thought doing that was the smartest and made sense for his character arc since he always wanted to be with Peggy 

I don't really think he's a coward since he's done everything he wanted to do and him passing the Shield to Falcon so he probably thought it out for awhile and if he told anyone they probably would of stopped him. 

3 minutes ago, sateler96 said:

I mean they had to write him off so I thought doing that was the smartest and made sense for his character arc since he always wanted to be with Peggy 

I don't really think he's a coward since he's done everything he wanted to do and him passing the Shield to Falcon so he probably thought it out for awhile and if he told anyone they probably would of stopped him. 

While I didn't mind him giving the mantle of Captain America to Falcon, I would've preferred if he gave the mantle to Bucky just like he did in the comics.

Edited by MDCFAN101

23 minutes ago, MDCFAN101 said:

While I didn't mind him giving the mantle of Captain America to Falcon, I would've preferred if he gave the mantle to Bucky just like he did in the comics.

Well like I said it wouldn't seem smart when the world still fears him mind controlled yes but still he murdered many people so don't think that world would accept him as Captain America unlike Falcon 

Plus Mackie is the better actor than Sebastian Stan

Edited by sateler96

2 minutes ago, sateler96 said:

Well like I said it wouldn't seem smart when the world still fears him mind controlled yes but still he murdered many people so don't think that world would accept him as Captain America unlike Falcon 

Plus Mackie is the better actor than Sebastian Stan

True.

7 minutes ago, sateler96 said:

Plus I think he's better as The Winter Soldier character 

Dude, Sebastian Stan is really good as the Winter Soldier.

Edited by MDCFAN101