Jump to content
The King of Hate Forums
MasterOfAwesomeness

Movie Review Thread 4.0: The Unnecessary Reboot

Recommended Posts

Sebastian Stan isnt captivating, witty, funny, or versatile enough to play Captain America.

Winter Soldier is perfect for him because Winter Soldier doesnt really have a personality from all the shit he's been through. Glad they chose Anthony Mackie.

Edited by LabRatAttack
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, LabRatAttack said:

Sebastian Stan isnt captivating, witty, funny, or versatile enough to play Captain America.

Winter Soldier is perfect for him because Winter Soldier doesnt really have a personality from all the shit he's been through. Glad they chose Anthony Mackie.

Plus now on Disney+ their having a limited 6-8 episode series with Falcon and The Winter Soldier with the same actors which I would think its after Endgame 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Ladies, gentlemen, true believers, and new comers alike,

Your man, MDCFAN101, has decided to do a very special movie review for you.  Today, I'm going to give you guys and gals my personal review on one of my personal favorite comic book/superhero movies of all time that I strongly believe to be very underrated, and underappreciated.  This film helped kick start the DCEU (DC Extended Universe) back in 2013.  This film is somewhat near my top 10 if not top 15 comic book/superhero movies of all time.  Folks, I am going to review Man of Steel.

Man of Steel - Movie Review

Positives:

  • The story is excellent.  I loved what they did with Superman's origin.  I thought what they did with Superman's origin was unique, interesting, and original.  The more I follow the story, the more I can tell they used elements from John Byrne's Man of Steel series, Mark Said's Superman Birthright series, and J. Michael Straczynski's Superman: Earth One series.
  • The C.G.I., visuals, and special effects are outstanding.
  • The movie contains an all-star cast and the acting throughout the film is phenomenal.  You have Russell Crowe as Jor-El, Amy Adams as Lois Lane, Laurence Fishburne as Perry White, Kevin Costner and Diane Lane as Jonathan and Martha Kent, Henry Cavill as Superman, and Michael Shannon as General Zed.
  • The action/fight sequences are intense and absolutely awesome.  This movie is action packed from beginning to end.
  • The score/music composed by Hans Zimmer is absolutely beautiful.

Negatives:

  • The only complaints I have with this movie are primarily little things so I'm not really going to get into them TBH.

Overall: This film is IMO the best Superman film since the first two Christopher Reeve Superman films.  Zach Snyder and Christopher Nolan both did an excellent job in giving us a fresh new take on Superman and his mythology.  Both of these deserve men deserve a lot more love, respect, and credit for what they did.  IMO Man of Steel was an excellent start to the DC Extended Universe.

Grade: A+

1801794055_ManofSteel.png.c4182eca28d95fdc82d6cc8aa1456f01.png

Edited by MDCFAN101

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, MDCFAN101 said:

Hello Ladies, gentlemen, true believers, and new comers alike,

Your man, MDCFAN101, has decided to do a very special movie review for you.  Today, I'm going to give you guys and gals my personal review on one of my personal favorite comic book/superhero movies of all time that I strongly believe to be very underrated, and underappreciated.  This film helped kick start the DCEU (DC Extended Universe) back in 2013.  This film is somewhat near my top 10 if not top 15 comic book/superhero movies of all time.  Folks, I am going to review Man of Steel.

Man of Steel - Movie Review

Positives:

  • The story is excellent.  I loved what they did with Superman's origin.  I thought what they did with Superman's origin was unique, interesting, and original.  The more I follow the story, the more I can tell they used elements from John Byrne's Man of Steel series, Mark Said's Superman Birthright series, and J. Michael Straczynski's Superman: Earth One series.
  • The C.G.I., visuals, and special effects are outstanding.
  • The movie contains an all-star cast and the acting throughout the film is phenomenal.  You have Russell Crowe as Jor-El, Amy Adams as Lois Lane, Laurence Fishburne as Perry White, Kevin Costner and Diane Lane as Jonathan and Martha Kent, Henry Cavill as Superman, and Michael Shannon as General Zed.
  • The action/fight sequences are intense and absolutely awesome.  This movie is action packed from beginning to end.
  • The score/music composed by Hans Zimmer is absolutely beautiful.

Negatives:

  • The only complaints I have with this movie are primarily little things so I'm not really going to get into them TBH.

Overall: This film is IMO the best Superman film since the first two Christopher Reeve Superman films.  Zach Snyder and Christopher Nolan both did an excellent job in giving us a fresh new take on Superman and his mythology.  Both of these deserve men deserve a lot more love, respect, and credit for what they did.  IMO Man of Steel was an excellent start to the DC Extended Universe.

Grade: A+

1801794055_ManofSteel.png.c4182eca28d95fdc82d6cc8aa1456f01.png

Sadly WB and Zack Snyder fucked everything up after since WB has no plans in Superman movies and Cavill not coming back 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, sateler96 said:

Sadly WB and Zack Snyder fucked everything up after since WB has no plans in Superman movies and Cavill not coming back 

I would blame WB more than Zach Snyder.

As for Cavill potentially not coming back, only time will tell.

Nonetheless, I still say Man of Steel was an excellent start to the DCEU.  Besides, the DCEU has been great recently.  3 of their last 4 films have been outstanding. 

Edited by MDCFAN101

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, MDCFAN101 said:

I would blame WB more than Zach Snyder.

As for Cavill potentially not coming back, only time will tell.

Nonetheless, I still say Man of Steel was an excellent start to the DCEU.  Besides, the DCEU has been great recently.  3 of their last 4 films have been outstanding. 

I still say Iron Man is a better start for its universe as RDJ never left lol and MOS is not better than Iron Man like its not even close lol 

While Man of Steel is good its a alright start to a universe that should of been doing what they were doing now taking their time and focus on characters  instead of rushing 

Cavill said he's done because he's bust with the Witcher and WB has no plans for Superman if Cavill was still Superman he would of been in Shazam instead of a body double lol

JL really made Superman worse with the Baby Lips lol I wouldn't want to come back either 

Edited by sateler96

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, sateler96 said:

I still say Iron Man is a better start for its universe as RDJ never left lol and MOS is not better than Iron Man like its not even close lol 

While Man of Steel is good its a alright start to a universe that should of been doing what they were doing now taking their time and focus on characters  instead of rushing 

Cavill said he's done because he's bust with the Witcher and WB has no plans for Superman if Cavill was still Superman he would of been in Shazam instead of a body double lol

JL really made Superman worse with the Baby Lips lol I wouldn't want to come back either 

I'm not arguing about Iron Man being the better start of the two, but I still like Man of Steel more. 

It's all about appeal my friend.  Man of Steel to some degree appeals to me more than the first Iron Man.

As for the "baby lips", yeah they were pretty crappy.  Nonetheless, Cavill was a great Superman.  IMO, Henry Cavill was the best Superman since Christopher Reeve.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, MDCFAN101 said:

I'm not arguing about Iron Man being the better start of the two, but I still like Man of Steel more. 

It's all about appeal my friend.  Man of Steel to some degree appeals to me more than the first Iron Man.

As for the "baby lips", yeah they were pretty crappy.  Nonetheless, Cavill was a great Superman.  IMO, Henry Cavill was the best Superman since Christopher Reeve.

Yes until WB ruined him lol 

I actually like the Superman on the CW verse more who actually acts like Superman 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, sateler96 said:

Yes until WB ruined him lol 

I actually like the Superman on the CW verse more who actually acts like Superman 

I wouldn't say they ruined him.  Yeah giving him those crappy CGI 'baby lips" was bad, but it didn't destroy his character completely. 

As for the CW Superman, he is a very good Superman.  Although, I'll admit I like Tom Wailing's Smallville Superman a bit more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile - Review (2019)

The Good
Zac Efron's Performance as Theodore "Ted" Bundy makes this film watchable, every scene with him in just great and when hes not on screen just makes the film go down. 

James Hetfield is also really good in this film as well Jim Parsons.

All the scenes where Ted Bundy escapes prison are great. 

The trial scenes are really great. 

The Bad
Lily Collins performance who is just there. 

John Malkovich is just there. 

Kaya Scodelario could of been better. 

Joe Berlinger's meh direction the film kinda goes all over the place with not so great pacing. 

Some of the writing is just there.

The movie looks incredibly cheap like it was straight to VOD

That weird sex scene. 

Final Thoughts: Pretty meh film, but Zac Efron's performance makes this film watchable as he carries the entire movie. 

Overall Grade: C-
2jwgx5kmovp21.thumb.jpg.3af846c8b7fc4522bc3b185807b19815.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Long Shot - Review (2019)

The Good
Seth Rogen and Charlize Theron are both great and their chemistry is magic on screen as the 2 really play off each other really well and you believe their romance between these two cause its not rushed as Jonathan Levine takes his time to build his characters and the romance. 

Like I said Jonathan Levine's great direction.

Dan Sterling and Liz Hannah smart screenplay with really good social commentary. 

Andy Serkis surprising performance I'm so happy the trailers didn't spoil this cause I laughed my ass off. 

The amazing supporting cast with O'Shea Jackson Jr. (Who is just fantastic this dude has so much potential), June Diane Raphael, Bob Odenkirk (who is always great), and Alexander Skarsgård. 

Its really sweet and heartfelt like Levine's 50/50 and even The Night Before. 

The amazing Soundtrack. 

The Bad
Its too long like some scenes could of been cut or been shorter. 

Its pretty formulaic which you could see how this movie will play out. 

Final Thoughts: in what could of been another disaster for Levine like Snatched which was just horrible, but thankfully this is another great film for Levine who is now 4-1.

Overall Grade: B+

FB_IMG_1557080089097.thumb.jpg.d3b66eaf9a52290369b07fcc4b7174ee.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brightburn - Review (2019)

The Good
I thought the performances around the board were great from Elizabeth Banks, David Denman, Jackson A. Dunn, Matt Jones and everyone else were really great. 

David Yarovesky's decent directing  (even though would of been more interesting with James Gunn as Director)

The Cinematography is great at times. 

The Kills are insanely brutal, especially one scene in the movie that had my stomachs in knots. 

Note a huge thing but usually Sony spoils shit in trailers and surprisingly they didn't spoil anything. 

The Bad
The pacing feels rushed and doesn't really let some scenes breathe like this could of been longer to make certain scenes breathe.

While the acting is great there is really no character depth or growth or development so you really don't care for anyone one really. 

Some the editing is kind of fast idk if that was on purpose. 

Final Thoughts: Not a Perfect Movie, but definitely the first Screen Gems movie I found enjoyable since they just make shit, but if you wanted Evil Superman you will be happy. 

Overall Grade: B
chyhmgohm3p21.thumb.jpg.4c68d15d2b70cf14d6e75fed9962b47a.jpg

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pokémon Detective Pikachu - Review (2019)

The Good
Ryan Reynold's as Pikachu obviously is the best part of the entire movie. 

The Fantastic World Building, Rime City feels like a real city. 

The fantastic Visual Effects with Pokemon and they all look accurate. 

It appeals for everyone. 

The Pokemon theme is in there. 

Fantastic Pacing with a perfect run time. 

The Humor really works. 

The Bad
The Plot is pretty predictable. 

The human characters are not surprisingly boring, Justice Smith is better in this than Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom but he's still flat in this. 

Kathryn Newton doesn't get a whole lot. 

Bill Nighy is wasted as well as Ken Watanabe and as well as Rita Ora who is really cringy. 

The 3rd act is a mess. 

Final Thoughts: Not a perfect Movie, but still an enjoyable movie and definitely the best Video Game Movie by a land slide. 

Overall Grade: B-
FB_IMG_1557939080232.thumb.jpg.274b9e2791c538b1ada9b0304baa28a5.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Batman vs. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Movie Review

Positives:

  • The story is amazing.
  • The animation, character design, and character models are awesome.
  • The voice acting is top notch.
  • The action/fight sequences are awesome
  • The comedy is pure gold.  There is some funny shit in this movie.

Negatives:

None

Overall: This is an outstanding crossover movie and an absolute must watch especially if you are a huge fan of Batman and the TMNT.

Grade: A+

446308737_Batmanvs.TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles.thumb.jpg.e1a62d5439d2afcb1825f826e2bd0561.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum - Review (2019)

The Good
Keanu Reeves once again kills it at John Wick who gives a fantastic performance and is incredibly bad ass as hell. 

Chad Stahelski fantastic direction and insane Action Sequences and their all different one even involved a fucking book from the first act alone. 

Halle Berry gives her best performance since 2003 she's bad ass in this and her dogs even get in on the action. 

Lance Reddick gets more to do, Anjelica Huston is fantastic, Ian McShane is always great.

Lawrence Fishburneis awesome and Randall Duk Kim (also from The Matrix) was a nice surprise. 

Dan Laustsen's Cinematography is visually stunning that is breathtaking. 

As the 2nd film open the world of John Wick a bit this does it even bigger. 

There's a lot of interesting surprises in the 2nd act. 

Its also has a lot dark humor even more than the other films. 

The Bad
Mark Dacascos as Zero who does a good job with the action is pretty much a ordinary villain. 

There's one scene that is a bit silly for the John Wick movies if you see it you'll know what I'm talking about. 

Final Thoughts: John Wick 3 is a fantastic action film from start to finish and giving Keanu Reeves a great trilogy finally. 

Overall Grade: A

FB_IMG_1553187517151.thumb.jpg.21ce5d6e02fe480acb45c5c986bf0a32.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×