The King of Hate Forums
MasterOfAwesomeness

Movie Review Thread 4.0: The Unnecessary Reboot

Halloween - Review (2007)

The Good
Danielle Harris as Annie is fine 

Brad Dourif who plays Sheriff Leigh Brackett is great.

The Bad
Scout Taylor-Compton as Laurie Strode is terrible she comes off whiney and she's definitely not on the same level as Jamie Lee Curtis

Rob Zombies direction is just 
horrible by adding over the top violence and over the top language 

The opening to show how Michael Myers became who he is, IS HORRIBLE like he's just a white trash kid who was abused by his dad, his mom was a stripper and his sister was a whore and he was bullied like it takes away the mystery and its a dumb made up origin, the 1978 original just showed he was just a normal kid who was a force of nature and killed anything that got in his way.

Its just a Rehash of the original and if I wanted to see that again I could just watch the 1978 classic and its better.

Malcolm McDowell phones it in as Loom is

Overall: This a Remake we did not need its pointless just watch the 1978 film for christ sake, but sadly we got a sequel and its much worse. 

Overall Grade: F

halloween.thumb.jpg.e0bcc057105159ce827b0ed3f51832ba.jpg

Halloween II - Review (2009)

The Good
Its a least not a rehash of the 2nd movie and Rob Zombie at least tried to do something new (it just didn't work)

Brad Dourif is still great

The Bad
Sherri Moon Zombie appears as a Ghost.........

Scout Taylor-Compton as Laurie Strode is worse in this movie as she went from Good Girl to Bad girl Jesus christ. 

Rob Zombie's terrible direction 

Malcolm McDowell still phones it in as Loom is

This film is extra violent and they kill Danielle Harris very violently 

The Editing is ASS. 

Hobo Man Michael Myers Jesus christ in the alternate ending he talks...... Jesus christ Rob Zombie you moron.

The Ending is horrible just horrible.

Overall: This is what killed Halloween for like 9 years where were now getting a proper sequel to the original. But thank god Rob Zombie didn't come back

Overall Grade: F- 

h_two_ver4.thumb.jpg.cba7ec89291ed99f25cda97476b88db4.jpg

Father of the Year - Review (2018)

The Good
Nothing absolute nothing 

The Bad
SO MANY THINGS my god Happy Madison and Netflix.

David Spade is horrible in this film sometimes he's Australian and then he's not like wtf.

Nat Faxon is also really bad 

The plot is retarded that is about 2 guys wanting to see their Dad's fight. 

The writing is not funny and its awkward and weird. 

Bridgit Mendler why are you in this.

David Spade somehow got Tits.

A lot inappropriate humor. 

Its basically nothing happens pointless movie

There's a VR scene with really bad CGI and its awful

Overall: This is definitely Happy Madison's worst movie in awhile and David Spade's worst.

Overall Grade: Fuck You

trailer-for-david-spades-upcoming-netflix-comedy-father-of-the-year2.thumb.jpg.25d07d3ed467582c4632292528852507.jpg

Christopher Robin - Review (2018)

The Good
Ewan McGregor is great as Christopher Robin

Jim Cummings is still great as Winnie the Pooh and Tigger

Marc Forster's Direction 

Bronte Carmichael  is great as Robin's daughter. 

Haley Atwell is great as Robin's wife even though she's not in it much

Brad Garrett as Eeyore

Nick Mohammed as Piglet

Peter Capaldi as Rabbit

Sophie Okonedo and Sara Sheen as Kanga and Roo

Toby Jones as Owl

The Message and film is great and feel good storyline

The Score is pretty great

The Bad
It is a little slow in the beginning it takes like 40 minutes to see Pooh again 

Its a little paint by numbers safe 

Most of the marketing spoiled some of the movie.

Most of the other characters get sidelined. 

Overall: A very decent original story of Winnie the Pooh.

Overall Grade: B

christopher_robin_ver3.thumb.jpg.20f916a2c1a24a5874b9b2dd9976c8eb.jpg

• Like 1

The Darkest Minds - Review (2018)

The Good
Harris Dickinson is probably the only likeable in the beginning until he starts getting jealous like pre teen bullshit so I guess that is a negative.

The Bad
Its basically Bootleg X-Men with a horrible Young Adult storyline and melodramatic romance, good job Fox. 

Plugging Fox News....... Jesus christ. 

Jennifer Yuh Nelson's very bad and generic direction which is quite sad cause she directed Kung Fu Panda 1-3. 

The first 10 minute explanation is generic, she even almost says the title. 

Amandla Stenberg as Ruby is not a interesting character and she's basically a over powered character basically. 

Skylan Brooks as Chubbs is pretty annoying 

You easily can predict that Ruby and Liam are going to fall in love. 

Gwendoline Christie is horrible in this movie (why is she in this I don't know why)

Mandy Moore and Bradley Whitford are WASTED, why are they in this piece of shit movie.

The main villain is pretty predictable and the reveal is no shit they even spoil it in the film like Dumb. 

There's a generic army dude lol.

The CGI is pretty bad. 

There's a nearly rape sequence like WHAT THE FUCK. 

The Final Fight is generic and full of slow motion. 

It teases a sequel like how about no. 

Overall: My god Fox you were gonna kill X-Men next year so you had to make a piece of shit bootleg version. 

rxkdcrose9511.thumb.jpg.f856f907a433836f260d84a9e2c17981.jpg

10 hours ago, sateler96 said:

The Darkest Minds - Review (2018)

The Good
Harris Dickinson is probably the only likeable in the beginning until he starts getting jealous like pre teen bullshit so I guess that is a negative.

The Bad
Its basically Bootleg X-Men with a horrible Young Adult storyline and melodramatic romance, good job Fox. 

Plugging Fox News....... Jesus christ. 

Jennifer Yuh Nelson's very bad and generic direction which is quite sad cause she directed Kung Fu Panda 1-3. 

The first 10 minute explanation is generic, she even almost says the title. 

Amandla Stenberg as Ruby is not a interesting character and she's basically a over powered character basically. 

Skylan Brooks as Chubbs is pretty annoying 

You easily can predict that Ruby and Liam are going to fall in love. 

Gwendoline Christie is horrible in this movie (why is she in this I don't know why)

Mandy Moore and Bradley Whitford are WASTED, why are they in this piece of shit movie.

The main villain is pretty predictable and the reveal is no shit they even spoil it in the film like Dumb. 

There's a generic army dude lol.

The CGI is pretty bad. 

There's a nearly rape sequence like WHAT THE FUCK. 

The Final Fight is generic and full of slow motion. 

It teases a sequel like how about no. 

Overall: My god Fox you were gonna kill X-Men next year so you had to make a piece of shit bootleg version. 

rxkdcrose9511.thumb.jpg.f856f907a433836f260d84a9e2c17981.jpg

TBH, I felt this film was going to be a rip off of the X-Men films while I was watching the trailers.

Teen Titans GO! To the Movies - Review (2018)

The Good
The original voices of the Teen Titans are always good.

Will Arnett as Slade is great (but would of loved if Ron Pearlman voiced him again)

The Lion King joke lol

Its way more heartfelt than the TV series (cause the series is just constant joke after joke with no character development and series stakes) and has better writing and animation

The Self aware tone works.

I usually hate the TT GO! Songs but the Upbeat Inspiration song works surprisingly well and the other songs are surprisingly catchy. 

The Stan Lee Cameo Joke. 

The Visual gags like Making fun of Batman v. Superman and they make fun of it ALOT.

There's a funny Back to the Future sequence and the Batman one is fucking hilarious. 

There's even a joke of WB giving everyone movies when they really don't need to. 

The Bad
Its a pretty Predictable and Generic plot that you seen a thousand times.

Not all the jokes land especially the dumb fart jokes and the Deathstroke is Deadpool joke is played to much and much of the jokes are immature even the poop jokes. 

The characters sometimes fall for dumb shit.

The Mid Credit scene will probably lead to no where cause this didn't open huge and highly doubt Cartoon Network will actually do it. 

Overall: This is pretty big surprise of the year like the My Little Pony Movie last year, also funny that this is better than Justice League lol.

Overall Grade: B+

teen_titans_go_to_the_movies_ver8.thumb.jpg.073fb96f8050b1972f5b7e24c1d30865.jpg

Edited by sateler96

1 hour ago, sateler96 said:

Teen Titans GO! To the Movies - Review (2018)

The Good
The original voices of the Teen Titans are always good.

Will Arnett as Slade is great (but would of loved if Ron Pearlman voiced him again)

The Lion King joke lol

Its way more heartfelt than the TV series (cause the series is just constant joke after joke with no character development and series stakes) and has better writing and animation

The Self aware tone works.

I usually hate the TT GO! Songs but the Upbeat Inspiration song works surprisingly well and the other songs are surprisingly catchy. 

The Stan Lee Cameo Joke. 

The Visual gags like Making fun of Batman v. Superman and they make fun of it ALOT.

There's a funny Back to the Future sequence and the Batman one is fucking hilarious. 

There's even a joke of WB giving everyone movies when they really don't need to. 

The Bad
Its a pretty Predictable and Generic plot that you seen a thousand times.

Not all the jokes land especially the dumb fart jokes and the Deathstroke is Deadpool joke is played to much and much of the jokes are immature even the poop jokes. 

The characters sometimes fall for dumb shit.

The Mid Credit scene will probably lead to no where cause this didn't open huge and highly doubt Cartoon Network will actually do it. 

Overall: This is pretty big surprise of the year like the My Little Pony Movie last year, also funny that this is better than Justice League lol.

Overall Grade: B+

teen_titans_go_to_the_movies_ver8.thumb.jpg.073fb96f8050b1972f5b7e24c1d30865.jpg

Really?  It's that good?  Whatever, I'll take my chances watching Batman v Superman and JL than TT GO!  Teen Titans GO! will always be an abomination as far as I am concerned.

Edited by MDCFAN101

5 minutes ago, MDCFAN101 said:

Really?  It's that good?  Whatever, I'll take my chances watching Batman v Superman and JL than TT GO!  Teen Titans GO! will always be an abomination as far as I am concerned.

Movie is much different tthen the shitty TV show

Better writers and animation 

But this is more rewatchable than those to movies plus Justice League is a even more abomination 

2 minutes ago, sateler96 said:

Movie is much different tthen the shitty TV show

Better writers and animation 

But this is more rewatchable than those to movies plus Justice League is a even more abomination 

JL nor BVS is not an abomination to me.  I know you're not too big on those films, but I had fun with them especially with BVS (more so with the Ultimate Edition)

True, the movies are different than the TV shows, but when it comes to Teen Titans GO!, I will not watch because I hate franchise so much with an absolute immense passion.

BTW, a couple of weeks ago, I watched Kung Fu Panda 3.  Excellent movie.  I'll give it an A+.

Blindspotting - Review (2018)

The Good
Daveed Diggs gives his best performance yet which is very powerful. 

Rafael Casal gives a breakout performance in his first actual film. 

Jasmine Cephas Jones is also really good. 

Carlos López Estrada's Directorial debut is solid, but really it works because Daveed Diggs and Rafael Casual script is fucking fantastic its so smart and hilarious, they basically wrote a Buddy Comedy-Drama about Gentrification and White Privilege.

Its nice to see Wayne Knight again in a movie 

The backstory how Daveed Diggs character goes to jail is pretty dumb but it is realistic and the way its explained is hilarious. 

The use of music and songs.

The ending is insanely powerful. 

The Bad
Janina Gavankar was meh as Collin's ex she was basically a bitch. 

Ethan Embry could of had a little bit more development as the cop that gunned down a black civilian 

Overall: This will probably be 2018's biggest movie no one has seen and probably won't get any Oscar Consideration for both the 2 main actors. I really loved this movie and I saw no trailer on it and didn't even know what it was about. 

Overall Grade: A-

blindspotting_ver6.thumb.jpg.ad436f1a0ce3041de60d47216d253f1f.jpg

26 minutes ago, Darksphere92 said:

review Deadpool 2 Super Duper Cut.

I mean its just the same movie my friend nothing has changed I think just a few added scenes

Show Dogs - Review (2018) (Short Review)

The Good
Absolutely Fucking Nothing 

The Bad 
EVERYTHING 

Overall: How this movie has a 17% on RT baffles me, actually how this got green lit baffles me.

Overall Grade: Fuck You and Fuck who ever thought this movie was a good idea. 

show_dogs.thumb.jpg.a9c18d6f50974088bc340dd016f9f086.jpg

7 minutes ago, sateler96 said:

Show Dogs - Review (2018) (Short Review)

The Good
Absolutely Fucking Nothing 

The Bad 
EVERYTHING 

Overall: How this movie has a 17% on RT baffles me, actually how this got green lit baffles me.

you knew what you were getting into lol

1 hour ago, sateler96 said:

See, this is why I never completely trust critics because of stupid shit like this.

The Meg - Review (2018)

The Good
Jason Statham is entertaining 

Rainn Wilson is actually good in the movie until he becomes a dumb character. 

Ruby Rose didn't annoy me so that's a plus. 

Shuya Sophia Cai is adorable 

Its a lot more somewhat faithful to the book than the trailers show.

Even though there's a lot of stupid in it, it at least tries to take somethings seriously

The visual effects are pretty good

The Bad
They try to force a love story in it 

Its a little slow in the beginning 

The Meg is never really scary and thats always gonna be the case for CGI Sharks, there's never gonna be a scary shark movie like Jaws cause that was a real fake shark and The Meg is just CGI.

Page Kennedy is a stereotype character. 

Its just a international marketing movie to get money from China to make its budget back cause its gonna bomb in America.

It could been better R Rated which it was gonna be but the director cut scenes to make it PG-13 so they can get money. 

Overall: its a OK Shark Movie not something people need to rush out to see, if you wanna see a better movie watch Jaws.

Overall Grade: C+ 

z38ank7vwy611.thumb.jpg.026af4545ab2854529b51d3f720bdb4e.jpg

Slender Man - Review (2018)

The Good
There is creepy imagery but that's all the film relies on

I guess it doesn't tease a sequel even though hopefully there shouldn't be one. 

The Bad
It does every horror trope in the past 5 years.

Sylvain White's awful direction 

There's no true main character or really any important character and all the acting is truly awful, especially Joey King. 

They watch a video to summon him so they basically ripped it off of The Ring but on YouTube (but they can't say YouTube), but thing is Ringu and The Ring are better. 

There a difference between being a bad horror movie and a boring horror movie and this is is just boring. 

The forced F Bomb cause its PG-13

The editing is complete ass. 

There's a generic Library scene that goes on for to long. 

Slender Man posses a girls boyfriend and his face starts spazzing out its like truly bad.

One of the girls is good at track but she trips all the time (LOGIC).  
Slender Man uses ......... Facetime.......

There's weird tension with the girls and its out of no where

When you finally see Slender Man he's just a CGI monster so he's not really scary so fail right there.

Minor spoiler, but who gives a fuck one of the characters tries to give herself up to Slender Man to save the day, but then she just runs away like WHAT?

It just ends lol with a pointless narration. 

Overall: What looked like utter trash in the trailers still turned out to be utter trash, but its actually boring utter trash.

slenderman.thumb.jpg.66e6f712732319d36ae1f1c6e126b237.jpg

Edited by sateler96

16 hours ago, sateler96 said:

Slender Man - Review (2018)

The Good
There is creepy imagery but that's all the film relies on

I guess it doesn't tease a sequel even though hopefully there shouldn't be one. 

The Bad
It does every horror trope in the past 5 years.

Sylvain White's awful direction 

There's no true main character or really any important character and all the acting is truly awful, especially Joey King. 

They watch a video to summon him so they basically ripped it off of The Ring but on YouTube (but they can't say YouTube), but thing is Ringu and The Ring are better. 

There a difference between being a bad horror movie and a boring horror movie and this is is just boring. 

The forced F Bomb cause its PG-13

The editing is complete ass. 

There's a generic Library scene that goes on for to long. 

Slender Man posses a girls boyfriend and his face starts spazzing out its like truly bad.

One of the girls is good at track but she trips all the time (LOGIC).  
Slender Man uses ......... Facetime.......

There's weird tension with the girls and its out of no where

When you finally see Slender Man he's just a CGI monster so he's not really scary so fail right there.

Minor spoiler, but who gives a fuck one of the characters tries to give herself up to Slender Man to save the day, but then she just runs away like WHAT?

It just ends lol with a pointless narration. 

Overall: What looked like utter trash in the trailers still turned out to be utter trash, but its actually boring utter trash.

slenderman.thumb.jpg.66e6f712732319d36ae1f1c6e126b237.jpg

Utter trash is still utter trash my friend.