The King of Hate Forums

Movie Review Thread 4.0: The Unnecessary Reboot

The Devil All The Time - Review (2020)

The Good
Obviously Tom Holland & Robert Pattinson Steal The Show, Hollands Charactee delivering as a guy who wants Vengeance and Pattinson as a perverted Creep who tip toes the line between over acting, but not to the point where its awful. I say both these performances are awards worthy.

Antonio Campos's Direction is terrific, its very stylish and very bleak pulls Incredible performances from his actors.

The rest of the Cast is Fantastic from Bill Skarsgård who plays the tortured Willard, Arvin's father

Riley Keough and Jason Clarke are truly unsettling characters.

Sebastian Stan who plays Sheriff Lee Bodecker who is Incredible in every scene he is in.

Eliza Scanlen as Arvin's naive half-sister Lenora is really good

Harry Melling as the bone-chillingly sick preacher Roy Laferty is great.

The Darkly Tone is perfect.

Lol Crawley's Cinematography is beautiful

Danny Bensi & Saunder Jurriaans' Intense and Haunting Musical Score.

The third act of the film is intense as shit even though it does feels rushed getting to that point it still delivers in every way possible.

The Bad
The Unnecessary Naration from the actual Author of the novel's Donald Ray Pollock while not bad its not needed, I didn't need alot of the movie to be told to me.

Mia Wasikowska & Haley Bennett are wasted like they didn't even need to be in the movie.

It could of shaved 10-15 minutes of the movie.

Final Thought: Netflix delivers finally in a original film with incredible performances with Holland and Pattinson being some of the years best.

Overall Grade: A-
devil_all_the_time_ver2.thumb.jpg.5de8f226c601aee598a6ae651bd301e3.jpg

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Spider-Man 2 - Review The Positives: The story.  The story IMO was excellent.  It was well written, structured and detailed.  I also liked the fact that it implements some comic accuracies

Its not embarrassing John Wick is fucking awesome 

I just finished watching the Deadpool movie.  I am very impressed with this film.  Ryan Reynolds did a magnificent job as Deadpool.  FOX really stepped up their game from last year.  The action, actin

Posted Images

Antebellum - Review (2020)

The Good
Nothing

The Bad
Its literally a Slavery Horror movie come on now. 

The Big Reveal is fucking stupid and literally makes no sense from the first 40 minutes to the middle to then the reveal and then everything after is predictable. 

None of the cast are good everyone feels wooded or over acting even then this feels like straight to DVD trash performances. 

Especially bad is Jena Malone. 

Gerard Bush and Christopher Renz's Direction is awful

Slow motion sequences that didnt even need to be there like theres a slow mo on a African American Woman getting a rope around her neck like come on now. 

If you seen the trailers then you seen the  whole movie and how it will play out and even then the movie shoots itself so many times in the foot and so many wrong turns. Its also questionable how this movie got a Theatrical Release before Covid happen like who at Lionsgate Greenlit this garbage. 

The story feels ripped off of 12 Years a Slave a much much better movie that isnt treated like a horror film. 

The editing is awful. 

Nate Wonder and Roman Gianarthur's nusical score is just generic garbage. 

The Final has no tension at all nor does it even try to explain the questions from the middle of the film at all like the writers just gave up trying to explain shit cause they didnt even fucking know. 

Final Thoughts: Antebellum really wants to be Jordan Peele's Get Out so bad,that it lacks the former’s understanding of the ways modern racism manifests, the latter’s intricacy in dealing with lingering racial traumas

Overall Grade: Fuck You

antebellum-movie-new-HD-Poster-and-Stills-9.thumb.jpg.be91218c3527b47319c41f786c5a4a06.jpg

Edited by sateler96

Enola Holmes - Review (2020)

The Good
Millie Bobby Brown is fantastic as Enola Holmes.

Harry Bradbeer's Direction style works as he did every episode, but 1 of Fleabag who does the 4th wall breaking and it works.

Henry Cavill is perfectly casted as Sherlock Holmes

Same with Sam Claflin as Mycroft hes just an asshole. 

Helena Bonham Carter as her mother is sadly a extended camep in the movie, but shes still great. 

Fiona Shaw is also a lot of fun as Miss Harrison.

Jack Thorne's script is smart and hilarious.

Daniel Pemberton's Score is fantastic.

The Mystery works. 

It could lead to sequels or even a franchise which would be good for Netflix since alot of their movies are garbage. 

The Bad
Theres 2 Plots basically 1 is to find her mother and the other is her aiding a young lord, doesn't make the movie feel like a slog cause both plots do work it could of just did a bit more with it. 

Linthorn (Burn Gorman) as the villain ia mediocre.  

Final Thoughts: Enola Holmes is a very fun, enjoyable movie that 2020 needed since every other movie got delayed and i would love to see a sequel. 

enola_holmes.thumb.jpg.0af487ad46294a1d2deff6dac6d73463.jpg

• Like 1

Today, I finally watched 42: The Jackie Robinson story in its entirety and OMG guys it is an absolute masterpiece of a movie.  Not only do I consider it to be one of the best sports movies of all time, but more importantly, one of the best historical movies of all time as well.  I absolutely loved every bit of that movie from beginning to end.  Chadwick Boseman (may his soul rest in piece) and Harrison Ford were sensational as Jackie Robinson and Branch Rickey.  I massively, massively recommend this movie regardless whether or not you are a fan of sports, especially baseball.

Grade: A+

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, MDCFAN101 said:

Today, I finally watched 42: The Jackie Robinson story in its entirety and OMG guys it is an absolute masterpiece of a movie.  Not only do I consider it to be one of the best sports movies of all time, but more importantly, one of the best historical movies of all time as well.  I absolutely loved every bit of that movie from beginning to end.  Chadwick Boseman (may his soul rest in piece) and Harrison Ford were sensational as Jackie Robinson and Branch Rickey.  I massively, massively recommend this movie regardless whether or not you are a fan of sports, especially baseball.

Grade: A+

It is a shame he didnt get nominated for an Oscar for it but 2013 was a tough year for Best Actor

Matthew McConaughey - Dallas Buyers Club (Winner)

Leonardo DiCaprio  - The Wolf of Wall Street 

Christian Bale - American Hustle

Bruce Dern - Nebraska 

Chiwetel Ejiofor - 12 Years a Slave

8 minutes ago, sateler96 said:

It is a shame he didnt get nominated for an Oscar for it but 2013 was a tough year for Best Actor

Matthew McConaughey - Dallas Buyers Club (Winner)

Leonardo DiCaprio  - The Wolf of Wall Street 

Christian Bale - American Hustle

Bruce Dern - Nebraska 

Chiwetel Ejiofor - 12 Years a Slave

Interesting.

Nonetheless though, I have to say that after watching 42, it is my favorite film of 2013 next to Man of Steel.

5 minutes ago, MDCFAN101 said:

Interesting.

Nonetheless though, I have to say that after watching 42, it is my favorite film of 2013 next to Man of Steel.

For me The Wolf of Wall street is my favorite of 2013 next to Prisoners and 12 Years a Slave 

10 minutes ago, sateler96 said:

For me The Wolf of Wall street is my favorite of 2013 next to Prisoners and 12 Years a Slave 

Dude, I have to watch Prisoners and the Wolf of Wall Street in their entirety.

As for 12 years a Slave, I have yet to watch it.  I did hear good things about it.

14 minutes ago, MDCFAN101 said:

Dude, I have to watch Prisoners and the Wolf of Wall Street in their entirety.

As for 12 years a Slave, I have yet to watch it.  I did hear good things about it.

Its a 1 time watch

Its really hard to watch 

Wolf of Wall Street is just so damn entertaining 

Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna - Review (2020)

The Good
The Beautiful Animation especially with the evolutions would of loved more of it too though. 

The Dub Voice Actors

Major character  development for Tai and Matt. 

Season 2 Digi Destin are in this as they were wasted and never shown in Tri. 

Great music especially the main theme for the movie. 

It gets really dark as it should. 

Its very nostalgic for the right reasons. 

The fight scenes are awesome.

The call backs and easter eggs. 

The Final Act is amazing, beautiful,  and gut punch to the heart. 

The Bad
Some characters get left out mainly Sora and Biyomon who don't do shit. 

Final Thoughts: Last Evolution is for fans of the original Digimon Adventure 01 and 02 series with full nostalgic as i saw those shows as a kid and i always loved those first 2 seasons of Digimon and as the movie is catered for that fan base that grew up truly ending that series (other than the aweaome 2020 reboot). 

Overall Grade: A

FB_IMG_1576650149702.thumb.jpg.14da8d19c0b301c5f4985135dc8249bd.jpg

Hubie Halloween - Review (2020)

The Good
I can say a few bright spot is Kenan Thompson and Julie Bowen

And the memorial to Cameron Boyce (in the credits so tbis doesn't give the movie extra points) 

The Bad
My God Adam Sandler you just fucking did Uncut Gems and you go back to garbage, his performance is easily Razzie winner bad i can't even fucking understand him half the time every time he does stupid voices its bad. 

Steven Brill horrendous direction which is just all of the place. 

Kevin James looks ridiculous 

Awful acting from nearly every side character. 

Steve Buscemi has never hit a new low than this movie. 

This is also the lowest point Shaq has done since Steel and Kazaam

Rob Schneider is just there for gross out jokes

To no ones shock its not funny which doesn'g help the awful writing from Adam Sandler and Tim Herlihy. 

Promotes Bullying and horrendous behavior throughout the movie which is not funny and making fun  of violence against a black woman. 

Racism with black characters last name Hennesy. 

A priest wheres a devil mask like come on. 

All the jackass teens in this movie are like so unrealistically awful people, insanely 1 dimensional. 

Which nearly the whole town is one dimensional assholes. 

A cat does a shock face.....

The Twist is dumb. 

Final Thoughts: What an Embarrassment of a movie for Adam Sandler not even last years Murder Mystery was this bad this is easily the worst comedy of the year and one of the worst movies of the year, i guess this is the bad movie that he promised us for not getting nominated for the Oscar well sorry Sandler you weren't beating out Joaquin Phoenix, Leonardo DiCaprio, Antonio Banderas, Adam Driver and Jonathan Pryce. 

Overall Grade: Fuck You 
hubie_halloween_ver2.thumb.jpg.7dfec84b1a67fb77da0bce2e2472d011.jpg

The Trial of the Chicago 7 - Review (2020)

The Good
Aaron Sorkin's amazing Direction and Screenplay which will both get a nomination at the oscars

Mark Rylance (The Seven's wise defense lawyer William Kunstler)
, Frank Langella (Judge Julius Hoffman who gives his best performance in years),
 & Sacha Baron Cohen (Abbie Hoffman who will more likely get the awards talk for Best Supporting Actor) steal the entire movie. 

The Film also has an amazing Ensemble Cast from Eddie Redmayne as Tom Hayden, Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Richard Schultz, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II as Bobby Seale (who is amazingly hilarious until certain moment), Michael Keaton who almost steals the movie as well as former Attorney General Ramsey Clark, Jeremy Strong is hilarious as Cohen's partner-in-crime Jerry Rubin, John Carroll Lynch and John Doman shine in the smaller parts of defendant David Dellinger and snide Attorney General John N. Mitchell.

If you love Courtroom Dramas then this is it, you will not be bored at all since its written insanely well from Aaron Sorkin. 

The Film's editing will for sure get nominated cause its Phenomenal and it more than likely will win. 

The timely political themes. 

The Climax is phenomenal. 

The Bad
This could of been a Miniseries, not knocking the movie cause its fantastic, but i think as a Miniseries it could been a huge Emmy winner.

Final Thoughts: This is a huge win for Netflix again this year having another Oscar Contender with this film that will for sure at least 2 Oscars probably. 

Overall Grade: A+

0q3ux2jmi0n51.thumb.jpg.e8c937e435281556489b4a95db72fe96.jpg

Love and Monsters - Review (2020)

The Good
Dylan O'Brien is great and carries this movie. 

The Dog is adorable. 

Michael Rooker is always great. 

Jessica Henwick is also good. 

Michael Matthews's Direction 

Brian Duffield and Matthew Robinsonl original Screenplay that took some inspiration from Zombieland

Its a great coming of age story with Monsters. 

The Monsters Visual Effects are surprisingly good. 

Its surprisingly emotional when it needs to be mainly with the Main characters past and the dog of course

The Bad
The villains are meh

Final Thoughts: One of the years biggest surprises Love and Monsters is a really fun movie. 

Overall Grade: A
FB_IMG_1603159914229.thumb.jpg.686017000746e3cc264c023f41ca31b4.jpg

Color Out of Space - Review (2020)

The Good
Nick Cage's insane over the top performance 

The other cast performances are pretty good too. 

Richard Stanley's Bonkers direction and Screenplay (with Scarlett Amaris) based on H. P. Lovecraft's book. 

It doesnt take long for this movie to go bonkers. 

Tommy Chong is always great. 

The Practical Effects are really great. 

The Bad
Even though the budget is small the Visuals arent that great. 

Final Thoughts: If you love Lovecraft stuff thisnis the movie for you. 

color_out_of_space_ver3.thumb.jpg.4626e064319e5633a6fbd2c4a1ff179c.jpg