The King of Hate Forums

Movie Review Thread 4.0: The Unnecessary Reboot

2 hours ago, MDCFAN101 said:

Henry Lennix, despite having a terrible design for his Martian Manhunter form, I thought he did a great job portraying the character.

(...)

I absolutely did not like Martian Manhunter's look at all.  IMO it was awful.

What design should he have had?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Spider-Man 2 - Review The Positives: The story.  The story IMO was excellent.  It was well written, structured and detailed.  I also liked the fact that it implements some comic accuracies.

I just finished watching the Deadpool movie.  I am very impressed with this film.  Ryan Reynolds did a magnificent job as Deadpool.  FOX really stepped up their game from last year.  The action, actin

Ghostbusters (2016) Review The Good  the 4 Ghostbusters are fine for what they do and serve the movie  The different Proton Weapons Chris Hemsworth to an extent And that's basica

Posted Images

50 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

What design should he have had?

Something like this:

image.thumb.png.7b8b061463e1faac0636b73c5c1c6846.png

If Henry Lennix's Martian Manhunter looked similar to this, it would've been fine IMO.

If I were Zack Snyder and or WB, I would consider in redesigning him.

16 minutes ago, MDCFAN101 said:

Something like this:

image.thumb.png.7b8b061463e1faac0636b73c5c1c6846.png

If Henry Lennix's Martian Manhunter looked similar to this, it would've been fine IMO.

If I were Zack Snyder and or WB, I would consider in redesigning him.

Its too late now its already released and WB don't wanna spend anymore money 

WB already plans to move forward with their mess of a canon universe 

Just now, sateler96 said:

Its too late now its already released and WB don't wanna spend anymore money 

WB already plans to move forward with their mess of a canon universe 

It is a mess because WB has a severe case of incompetence and stupidity.

13 minutes ago, sateler96 said:

In my opinion the DC property needs to get away from WB 

TBH, I starting to think the same way.

The biggest reason why the DCEU will never be quite as good nor better than the MCU is because of the fact that WB doesn't really give a damn about us DC fans the way Disney and Marvel Studios care about us Marvel fans.

Disney and Marvel listen to their fans, WB does not.

We wanted a f***ing Man of Steel 2.  Instead, we're getting a reboot that will not feature THE SUPERMAN.  it is going to feature a black kryptonian that will most likely be Val-Zod, the black Superman from the New 52's Earth 2 continuity.

We wanted Henry Cavill to maintain the role of Superman for years to come and Cavill himself said that he wants to continue playing that character.  But, WB decides to not acknowledge the hard work that the man has put into the character.  

I'm telling you man the people at WB are a bunch of money grubbing heartless d-bags.

5 minutes ago, MDCFAN101 said:

TBH, I starting to think the same way.

The biggest reason why the DCEU will never be quite as good nor better than the MCU is because of the fact that WB doesn't really give a damn about us DC fans the way Disney and Marvel Studios care about us Marvel fans.

Disney and Marvel listen to their fans, WB does not.

We wanted a f***ing Man of Steel 2.  Instead, we're getting a reboot that will not feature THE SUPERMAN.  it is going to feature a black kryptonian that will most likely be Val-Zod, the black Superman from the New 52's Earth 2 continuity.

We wanted Henry Cavill to maintain the role of Superman for years to come and Cavill himself said that he wants to continue playing that character.  But, WB decides to not acknowledge the hard work that the man has put into the character.  

I'm telling you man the people at WB are a bunch of money grubbing heartless d-bags.

They dont see Cavill as a leading man even though hes leading The Witcher or that Superman isnt a huge character cause it doesnt make a Billion in the box office 

6 minutes ago, sateler96 said:

They dont see Cavill as a leading man even though hes leading The Witcher or that Superman isnt a huge character cause it doesnt make a Billion in the box office 

Exactly my point.  WB is messed up in the head some where.

• 2 weeks later...

Godzilla vs. Kong - Review (2021)

The Good
Obviously Godzilla and Kong

Adam Wingard's direction which is easily his best since 2014's The Guest and definitely redeemed after his American Death Note film, he gives really great focus to the monsters. 

The Fights fucking deliver 

Even though human character suck in these movies besides 2014 Godzilla, Millie Bobby Brown is better in this movie than King of the Monsters (mianly cause better writing)

Alexander Skarsgard and Rebecca Hall characters work for the story 

Same for Kaylee Hottle who communicates with Kong and has alot of the emotional moments of the movie. 

Julian Dennison and Bryan Tyree Henry are there for comedy and it works.  

The writing for the humans is a bit better. 

The Cinematography is fantastic 

Some of the best Visual Effects you will ever see

The Pacing is really good with this being the shortest of the 4 Monsterverse Films. 

Junkie XL's Score. 

The 3rd act is Incredible and its everything you ever wanted from this movie. 

The Bad
The other human characters are idiots you know who they are when you see the movie. 

Whenever it did cut back to Millie Bobby Brown and the Gang the movie kinda does slow down even though it does have a purpose. 

I would like to know where the futurlistic ships came from. 

A nit pick but theres a scene where  theres no gravity that could of been a cool fight between Godzilla and Kong, but sadly that doesn't happen. 

Final Thoughts: Godzilla vs. Kong delivers on what you wanted 2 monsters beating the shit out of each other with more focus direction like 2014 Godzilla and more focus on the monsters. 

Overall Grade: A-

20210318_164601.thumb.jpg.f2c81d23816d72aa0c3ba551645d6bf8.jpg

• Like 1
6 hours ago, sateler96 said:

Godzilla vs. Kong - Review (2021)

The Good
Obviously Godzilla and Kong

Adam Wingard's direction which is easily his best since 2014's The Guest and definitely redeemed after his American Death Note film, he gives really great focus to the monsters. 

The Fights fucking deliver 

Even though human character suck in these movies besides 2014 Godzilla, Millie Bobby Brown is better in this movie than King of the Monsters (mianly cause better writing)

Alexander Skarsgard and Rebecca Hall characters work for the story 

Same for Kaylee Hottle who communicates with Kong and has alot of the emotional moments of the movie. 

Julian Dennison and Bryan Tyree Henry are there for comedy and it works.  

The writing for the humans is a bit better. 

The Cinematography is fantastic 

Some of the best Visual Effects you will ever see

The Pacing is really good with this being the shortest of the 4 Monsterverse Films. 

Junkie XL's Score. 

The 3rd act is Incredible and its everything you ever wanted from this movie. 

The Bad
The other human characters are idiots you know who they are when you see the movie. 

Whenever it did cut back to Millie Bobby Brown and the Gang the movie kinda does slow down even though it does have a purpose. 

I would like to know where the futurlistic ships came from. 

A nit pick but theres a scene where  theres no gravity that could of been a cool fight between Godzilla and Kong, but sadly that doesn't happen. 

Final Thoughts: Godzilla vs. Kong delivers on what you wanted 2 monsters beating the shit out of each other with more focus direction like 2014 Godzilla and more focus on the monsters. 

Overall Grade: A-

20210318_164601.thumb.jpg.f2c81d23816d72aa0c3ba551645d6bf8.jpg

Can't wait to watch this and Godzilla: King of the monsters on HBO Max.

The Unholy - Review (2021)

The Good
Well Jeffrey Dean Morgan basically is the only good thing in this movie. 

The Bad
Evan Spiliotopoulos's Horrible Direction and really bad Screenplay. 

Sam Raimi produced this garbage. 

The rest of the cast are wasted like Katie Aselton, William Sadler, and Diogo Morgado. 

Its not scary obviously just really boring.

Awful CGI. 

The editing is out the ass. 

Joseph Bishara's Generic score.

Final Thoughts: Skip this movie, go watch Godzilla vs. Kong i don't care that its free on HBO Max go support that movie not this awful so called horror movie. 

Overall Grade: F
unholy.thumb.jpg.e8ec4abeed45e9341de8fa5ee7d715d3.jpg

Thunder Force - Review (2021)

The Bad (Cause theres nothing good about a Ben Falcone Film)

Ben Falcone once again is a shit director who doesnt understand comedy and now doesnt understand superheroes 

Melissa McCarthy and Octavia Spencer are awful mainly cause of Ben Falcone's Awful script. 

Everyone else is awful too from Jason Bateman, Bobby Cannavale, Pom Klementieff, Melissa Leo, and Ben Falcone (Yes the dumbass himself put himself in another movie.)

No surprise its not funny.

The heartfelt moments i didn't give a shit about them. 

The biggest crime using AC/DC music in a garbage movie.

Other great music in this. 

CGI is garbage 

Final Thoughts: Ben Falcone is now is 0-5 for direction and he just doesn't stop and Melissa doesn't stop working with her husband, shes now a Oscar Nominated actress and doing garbage like this Netflix should feel ashamed. 

Overall Grade: Fuck You Ben Falcone 
thunder_force.thumb.jpg.f7c2c47b15ea8fce1accefdca95c14b3.jpg