The King of Hate Forums
Ladiesman2166

No campaign in Battlefront

I personally won't be buying the game anyway. It isn't Battlefront, it's Battlefield with a Star Wars twist. EA clearly are just selling the game on the history behind the Battlefront name from previous installments. When a previous game in the series from 10 YEARS ago does more then the new one, it says a hell of a lot.

I really wish gamers were smarter like they were back in my day (god I sound old saying that lol) and not buy shameless cash in games like this. If people didn't buy COD every damn year and didn't buy Battlefield every 2 years then the devs would take their time and actually add stuff for their next installments rather then rehashing the same gameplay, same Online, same weapons over and over and over. Whenever you look at vids about COD all you've seen the past 2 or so years is people whining about it being the same every year yet at least some of those people still buy it, cos it obviously sells. If it didn't they wouldn't pump so much cash into making them every year.

The fucked up thing is I know this game will be a smash success sales wise (not Quality wise) and will mean that EA will make it a recurring thing every other year to keep up with COD. I'm calling it now, watch every year be a rotation of: Battlefront, Battlefield, Battlefront, Battlefield, Battlefront, Battlefield. This game is not Battlefront, I refuse to think of it or accept it as so.

• Upvote 1

Double Edge Sword

Everybody and their mothers have said that the BF campaigns pretty much sucks and are only there as a way to compete with COD's content. DICE/EA decided to take easy way out and work on MP only.

On the other hand, it's Star Wars, crap or not, a campaign would have been nice, even if it just playing some random soldier that fought in all the major Star Wars fights.

I think since they already have Bioware, Visceral and another EA studio working on Star Wars game (most likely single player games) they don't see the need too add one in BF.

Obviously not having a campaign in Battlefront will kill them game in just a few months, just like what happened with Evolved, Destiny ect... Even though they did have campaign, it was absolutely shit and the only people playing it are those that have invested too much time/money to throw it away, or just plain fanboys.

Eh, it's a multiplayer game. If the multiplayer isn't for you then don't buy it.

Most people play through a campaign once or twice and they're usually worth while, however with Star Wars Battlefront 1 and 2 both campaigns revolved around a replaying of the movies. If this game decided to retell all 6 star wars movies, or if it decided to do a campaign of the new Star Wars movie, it wouldn't be something I would particularly care about. If it had a campaign telling a whole new story away from the movies then i'd be interested.

well I would of gotten it if they didnt say it was multiplayer only thats a big negative just like when the new nfs game is being annoced that is online only. Hate those types of games seeing how I dont have the best connection anymore for online games.

Guess I will keep playing Battlefront 2 on PC then. I hate multiplayer only games. the only one I have gotten is The Crew and man that was the worst decision i have made because since i moved cant play it.

Star Wars Battlefront 2 had a really good campaign I really wish they could consider adding some kind of story mode. 

If they do, they'd try to make it DLC.

Bad side to it? We have to pay more ontop the $60.

Good Side? The Gaming Community will flip their shit and hammer down on EA and Dice.