The King of Hate Forums
hardcoreparkour

MGSV: Phantom Pain

Gotta say Phil this was one of your best reviews, the best review of this game on Youtube, you were spot on with the BS the media are putting at. 8.75 I would say is fair for a game possibly too generous for one which is flawed so much, but I agree with everything you said.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Phil is my favorite reviewer. I met him thanks to his Resident Evil 6 review and it blew my mind. Of course I watch the big reviewers and many other smaller youtubbers but I always wait for Phil's opinion if I'm unsure about a game. I always agree with majority of Phil's opinions but in the case of MGSV, particularly, I think he was a little too generous with this game. An unfinished, rushed out game like this one doesn't deserve an 8.75.

On 10/19/2015, 6:24:02, datzit said:

Phil is my favorite reviewer. I met him thanks to his Resident Evil 6 review and it blew my mind. Of course I watch the big reviewers and many other smaller youtubbers but I always wait for Phil's opinion if I'm unsure about a game. I always agree with majority of Phil's opinions but in the case of MGSV, particularly, I think he was a little too generous with this game. An unfinished, rushed out game like this one doesn't deserve an 8.75.

I disagree here, with due respect. Despite the unfinished feel, I can see that, in a sense. it's a culmination of Kojima's ambitions regarding the Metal Gear Solid franchise. That deserves a high score, in my book. 

• Like 1

I think he realized he could not finish the production of the game in the way he wanted, and instead opted to make it thematically about loss across the board. You long for the chapter you believe is there, you long for the ending you wanted, the protagonist you wanted, the characters you wanted (every main character is twisted in some way).

Was a good review for a good game and I'm glad MGS as a series stopped (the kojima games) before they were ruined. There might be more games in the series or name but gotta take'em as they come and let'em go as they go. Believe me, it could be worse. Kojima could have borked up MGS5 and left us with some defunct mess that is very dissatisfying.